You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

On 8/10/2015 at 7:56 PM, Alvron said:

This only counts if you also consider breaking into their home to steal the book. :ph34r:

No joke I told my uncle in January that RoW manuscript was done and his response was along the lines of let's steal it I'm not waiting until November.

On 8/15/2015 at 11:36 AM, picksupchickens said:

When you constantly compare other authors to him and find them lacking.

Most of the time I will agree with you, there is just one Granddaddy of Fantasy J.R.R. Tolkien you forgot about.

9 hours ago, Booknerd said:

Most of the time I will agree with you, there is just one Granddaddy of Fantasy J.R.R. Tolkien you forgot about.

I like Tolkien and his originality is just as if not more impressive then "The Sand-man" but Sanderson is a better writer

/\

When you constantly criticize other peoples books/authors, like this || 

4 minutes ago, HemalurgicStickBreaker said:

I like Tolkien and his originality is just as if not more impressive then "The Sand-man" but Sanderson is a better writer

/\

When you constantly criticize other peoples books/authors, like this || 

Just because he's been dead since 1973 doesn't mean he becomes a background figure who we all know about but never mention. J. R. R. Tolkien has done more for the genre of fantasy than any other contributor and it seems I'm the only one to give him the praise he deserves anymore. My apologies if I came off as derogatory in my last post, but I really feel he needs more respect within fantasy circles. One of the best compliments I can give Sanderson is that his world building is probably the best we've seen since Tolkien himself.    

2 hours ago, Ammanas said:

If you know who Dennison Crestmar is. 

Firstborn, Whoo-hoo! Making your competent alter ego commit suicide! 

3 hours ago, Booknerd said:

Just because he's been dead since 1973 doesn't mean he becomes a background figure who we all know about but never mention. J. R. R. Tolkien has done more for the genre of fantasy than any other contributor and it seems I'm the only one to give him the praise he deserves anymore. My apologies if I came off as derogatory in my last post, but I really feel he needs more respect within fantasy circles. One of the best compliments I can give Sanderson is that his world building is probably the best we've seen since Tolkien himself.    

I acknowledge that Tolkien, is the grandfather of modern fantasy, he was mind blowingly creative, creating fantasy as it is today, I'm a longtime Hobbit fan, I've read some of his other works including: Silmarillion, Sons of Hurim, Lotr, and The story of Kullervo. Tolkien is very good, and as I say again the creator of modern fantasy, and I agree that he should get more credit, but I still prefer Brandon Sanderson.

50 minutes ago, HemalurgicStickBreaker said:

I acknowledge that Tolkien, is the grandfather of modern fantasy, he was mind blowingly creative, creating fantasy as it is today, I'm a longtime Hobbit fan, I've read some of his other works including: Silmarillion, Sons of Hurim, Lotr, and The story of Kullervo. Tolkien is very good, and as I say again the creator of modern fantasy, and I agree that he should get more credit, but I still prefer Brandon Sanderson.

I get that

I actually never was able to really get into Tolkien. To me, Sanderson is top because I was just never involved in Tolkien’s books like I am in Sanderson’s.

Anyways, YKYASFW you get to the beginning of the Battle of Thaylen Field, look at the time, debate for a minute, sigh, then read until midnight to finish.

When you get worried while writing this post because we (probably?) aren’t half way through quarantine and you need something to read. (I’ll probably start my Harry Potter reread early. I normally start it in May...)

Ykyasfw you can tell which books have been in your backpack because of the creasemarks 

when you do your SA reread to early and have to reread everything else to make up the time until RoW

when you start explaining to the intricacies of the Cosmere to your dog who just wants to play fetch, and then you concede by explaining it to him while you play fetch

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

Ykyasfw you start using Rosharan curses all the time.

Ykyasfw you usually don't use the curses but when you are stuck inside reading sanderson books all day it rubs off on you. Your annoyance at being stuck inside and reading sanderson very often forces you to accidentally use them

21 hours ago, The Deity said:

when you start explaining to the intricacies of the Cosmere to your dog who just wants to play fetch, and then you concede by explaining it to him while you play fetch

Never before hath such a beautiful imagining landed in mine mind, good sir or madame. Mine day 'tis truly blessed.

I'm annoyed. I live in a small house of three bedrooms. Normally it wasnt a problem. I even had my own room. Everyone but me were sharing. Then my little sister was born and now she is in it most of the day and I dont really have access to anything in there. So i cant listen to the cosmere series and I don't have it on kindle or in physical form yet. So Im mad because I cant do my cosmere re read. Because my family doesn't let me do it outside of my room.