You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

My friend is reading the first book of Mistborn. I met him at a college visit last month, we both wanna be writers/english teachers. He happened to be in need of a book to read, so I recommended Mistborn 'cause it's my favorite and now he's hooked. I currently have three people reading it; I pass out Mistborn like LDS Missionaries hand out the Book of Mormon.

20 minutes ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

My friend is reading the first book of Mistborn. I met him at a college visit last month, we both wanna be writers/english teachers. He happened to be in need of a book to read, so I recommended Mistborn 'cause it's my favorite and now he's hooked. I currently have three people reading it; I pass out Mistborn like LDS Missionaries hand out the Book of Mormon.

that sounds accurate.

9 hours ago, Zephrun's Imperium said:

I wonder if one would get in trouble if they passed out both while on their mission?

Also, that analogy is really good. I think it's accurate, I mean, the reason for passing out both books is the same, to let people experience the joy that comes from them. (Regardless your religious beliefs, you should be able to accept that statement at least).

On 7/14/2022 at 6:18 PM, Friendly Cremling said:
On 7/10/2022 at 2:19 AM, Ishar said:

When your first thought upon seeing the villain in the new Thor is "Szeth-son-son-Vallano wore white on the day he was to kill a king"

For reference, here's a picture: 

Reveal hidden contents

He's even got a magic sword that whispers and is black and creates shadows (which is basically bleeding black smoke).Hasbro Marvel Legends Series Thor: Love and Thunder Gorr Build-A-Figure  6-in Action Figure | GameStop

Just watched that movie and OH STORMFATHER, YOU’RE RIGHT

Hide contents

and when he picks up the sword black veins creep up his arm. And it’s killing him. Not nearly as quickly as nightblood, but still. Gorr and Szeth both kill important rulers. And Szeth (WoR spoilers)

Hide contents

Is a Skybreaker, and dedicated to justice. Gorr wants justice for his daughters death. 

Funny story, when we left the theater after seeing Thor: Love and Thunder, there was a highstorm. A very mild one. Some would call it a thunderstorm. 

You know you’re a Sanderfan when you start looking for every similarity between a marvel character and a Cosmere character.

Obviously, the new Thor movie's villain is a Szeth ripoff. Definitely.

When you are at the beach and the wave comes closer to you than you expect, so as you jump away, you try to say scud and storms at the same time and what comes out is

SCORD!

And yes, this was purely instinctual.

When you watch this video

And think

Spoiler

"Hold on Spren would break the bond if you used Hemalurgy, it would be easier to use Honorblades. And Monody would have a representation in the Cognitive Realm."

I know, I'll stop.

Also if whoever made this video is reading this(cause I assume you have an account here if you read the coppermind) hi, I really liked the video, and you did a good job copying his speech patterns.

58 minutes ago, Frustration said:

When you watch this video

And think

Hide contents

"Hold on Spren would break the bond if you used Hemalurgy, it would be easier to use Honorblades. And Monody would have a representation in the Cognitive Realm."

I know, I'll stop.

Also if whoever made this video is reading this(cause I assume you have an account here if you read the coppermind) hi, I really liked the video, and you did a good job copying his speech patterns.

I understood where the fan was going, but only heard like five things clearly cause he talked so fast.

When you force your sibling to listen to Sanderson whenever you're forced to drive them places (oh how the tables have turned :P)

When you get four different cousins to read sanderson and have a group facetime about what the heck is going on in the cosmere

When you play "Spot the Hoid" in a Sanderson relisten with your dad

When you show your sister a page at the end of Oathbringer to demonstrate the mighty Sanderlanche and she finds the sentence "Teft huddled someplace dark. Maybe the darkness would hide his sins" and finds it hilarious and now it's an inside joke between you.

She's read part of Way of Kings, but decided it was a huuuggge commitment and stopped reading. She's okay with spoilers.

Also this funny interaction:

Me: Why do so many kids look exactly like Tien?

My sister: Because Kaladin has issues.

Also when you have plants named Teft and Maya(laran).

Rhythm of War spoilers.

Spoiler

Me: Teft's doing so well!

My sister: That's... ironic.

Edited by Shallan Stormblessed
EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!

When you subconsciously think that every old man, court jester or storyteller in a book is Hoid. Seriously, I routinely think I spot Hoid in the books I read. He's everywhere.

When you see the words, "It's the journey, not the destination" in a book and nearly have a heart attack.

When random song lyrics remind you of Kaladin or other characters.

When all your friends, who haven't read the Cosmere, know certain release dates of upcoming books because you can't shut up about them.  

I found an old dream release schedule for Brandon's works in an old notebook of mine. I think it's from 2016 or 2017, but I'm not sure. Either way, it's before The Apocalypse Guard was taken off the slate and Skyward was announced. The release schedule with some added thoughts:

2018 - The Apocalypse Guard (Someday I still want to see this, even if it's one of the books the Shard gives out)

2018 - Rithmatist 2 (HA!)

2018 - Alcatraz 6 (...four years later?)

2018 - The Lost Metal (...four years later...)

2019 - The Apocalypse Guard 2 (Replace this with Starsight and I'm right on the money. But according to Dan Wells, he has ideas for a sequel!)

2020 - The Apocalypse Guard 3 (Nope.)

2020 - Stormlight 4 (Ay, I was right!)

2020 - Elantris 2 (HA!)

2020 - Dark One 1 (...well, Dark One Volume 1's original run was in 2020... This prediction was made when Dark One was still going to be a YA book series. I thought it might be the follow-up to Apocalypse Guard)

2021 - Dark One 2 (Nope, but we did get a second run of Vol 1)

2022 - Dark One 3 (No, but we're getting Dark One: Forgotten in October!)

2022 - Stormlight 5 (What an optimistic sword wielder I was...)

2022 - Elantris 3 (knowing what I now know about Sanderson's schedule, I'm not sure how on earth he would have accomplished this)

I have DOZENS if not hundreds of little prediction lists like these. All of them are wrong, of course, but I guess you know you're a Sanderson fan when you create these instead of just doodling like a normal person.