In the court of Ravebringer the Undead, a row of priests awaited eagerly with paper and ink to record the new edicts of their devotion.
“Dodior,” he spoke in a soft, clear voice.
“I’m sorry?” A priest asked nervously.
“Dodior,” the Returned repeated. His voice resonated pleasingly through the hall. “That is one of my names.”
The priests huddled up and whispered amongst themselves. They debated the propriety of a Returned having multiple names, but reasoned that if a regular person could sometimes have a first and a second name, then surely a Returned could, too. But still, it didn’t quite follow convention. Normally the name of a Returned was accompanied by an epithet. Not just “Dawntrue” but “Dawntrue the Merciful” as it were. That was always how it was done. A conclusion was tentatively reached.
Criers circulated the news throughout T’Telir, and it was woven into patterns of cloth by the devout.
The new Returned had taken a second name: Dodior the Ravenant.

A gathering of priests belonging to all of the other gods arrived in the palace today. A show of force. The situation is spiraling out of control, they declared. A firmer hand is necessary. Just look at all the casualties! Multiple deaths the last few days, even if many of them were chalked up as “accidents.” No, from now on, the ex-priests of Dawntrue would be under strict supervision. General sentiment at this point was that Dawntrue’s priests were deranged — maybe it had always been thus, maybe it was the death of their Returned that pushed them over the edge, but either way — they were a probable menace to society and to themselves.

Under the watchful eye of the priests and guards, a relatively uneventful day passed. No impromptu investigations, no covert scheming, no lethal accidents. But stopping all of these people from killing each other was perhaps easier said than done.

They could keep vigil, for a time… But they’d have to slip up eventually. Some people waited for it, counted on it. Cash, Aeternum, Ajah, Ias… They all stayed up late into the night, waiting for an opening. Cash and Aeternum even made it into a kind of competition, to see who could stay up for longer.

In the end, Aeternum and Ias stayed awake the longest. When everyone else was asleep, they crept up to Bee… and attacked.

It wasn’t as one-sided of a fight as they expected. Even outnumbered two-to-one, even ambushed in his sleep, Bee put up a surprisingly fierce fight. Apparently, Bee slept with a dagger close to hand, and Ias caught the wrong end of it before all was said and done.

A while latter, after the bodies were removed for burial and the blood mostly washed away, somebody noticed that Bee’s dagger was quite a good match for the kind of wounds that had been identified on Dawntrue’s corpse. Under the circumstances, it seemed very unlikely that this was just a coincidence.

RoyalBeeMage has died! He was a Heretic!

Kasimir has died! He was a Salmon Fanatic!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Kasimir was actually a Priest :P

Vote Tally
RoyalBeeMage (2)
: Aeternum, Kasimir

The Unknown Ajah (1): Cash67
Cash67 (1): The Unknown Ajah

The turn will end in a little shy of 24 hours.

Participants

1. Aeoryi Priest
2. @Aeternum
3. Archer - Double the Dead Priest
4. @Cash67
5. Kasimir - Ias, a Salmon Enthusiast Priest
6. Kidpen - Tethan Priest
7. RoyalBeeMage Heretic
8. Spark of Hope -> @Quivil
9. @The Unknown Ajah
10. @TheRavenHasLanded Ravebringer the Undead
11. @Weaver of Lies
12. @Wierdo

Edited by DrakeMarshall
writeup written up

• DrakeMarshall changed the title to QF71: Cycle Four: To Bee or Not To Bee

I suspect I die this turn, but at least it's not exlo anymore. I can afford to go.

Unless you guys are willing to vote Cash. Reasons to come tomorrow. 

Also, goodbye Kas. Enjoy your salmon and the blessed spoilers of the Dead doc.

I lost my most potent weapon... and no new pms. And I figured Bee was evil. you can't pull the same bs on me again, elims lol.

6 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

In the court of Ravebringer the Undead, a row of priests awaited eagerly with paper and ink to record the new edicts of their devotion.
“Dodior,” he spoke in a soft, clear voice.
“I’m sorry?” A priest asked nervously.
“Dodior,” the Returned repeated. His voice resonated pleasingly through the hall. “That is one of my names.”
The priests huddled up and whispered amongst themselves. They debated the propriety of a Returned having multiple names, but reasoned that if a regular person could sometimes have a first and a second name, then surely a Returned could, too. But still, it didn’t quite follow convention. Normally the name of a Returned was accompanied by an epithet. Not just “Dawntrue” but “Dawntrue the Merciful” as it were. That was always how it was done. A conclusion was tentatively reached.
Criers circulated the news throughout T’Telir, and it was woven into patterns of cloth by the devout.
The new Returned had taken a second name: Dodior the Ravenant.

A gathering of priests belonging to all of the other gods arrived in the palace today. A show of force. The situation is spiraling out of control, they declared. A firmer hand is necessary. Just look at all the casualties! Multiple deaths the last few days, even if many of them were chalked up as “accidents.” No, from now on, the ex-priests of Dawntrue would be under strict supervision. General sentiment at this point was that Dawntrue’s priests were deranged — maybe it had always been thus, maybe it was the death of their Returned that pushed them over the edge, but either way — they were a probable menace to society and to themselves.

Under the watchful eye of the priests and guards, a relatively uneventful day passed. No impromptu investigations, no covert scheming, no lethal accidents. But stopping all of these people from killing each other was perhaps easier said than done.

They could keep vigil, for a time… But they’d have to slip up eventually. Some people waited for it, counted on it. Cash, Aeternum, Ajah, Ias… They all stayed up late into the night, waiting for an opening. Cash and Aeternum even made it into a kind of competition, to see who could stay up for longer.

In the end, Aeternum and Ias stayed awake the longest. When everyone else was asleep, they crept up to Bee… and attacked.

It wasn’t as one-sided of a fight as they expected. Even outnumbered two-to-one, even ambushed in his sleep, Bee put up a surprisingly fierce fight. Apparently, Bee slept with a dagger close to hand, and Ias caught the wrong end of it before all was said and done.

A while latter, after the bodies were removed for burial and the blood mostly washed away, somebody noticed that Bee’s dagger was quite a good match for the kind of wounds that had been identified on Dawntrue’s corpse. Under the circumstances, it seemed very unlikely that this was just a coincidence.

RoyalBeeMage has died! He was a Heretic!

Kasimir has died! He was a Salmon Fanatic!

Reveal hidden contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

Kasimir was actually a Priest :P

Vote Tally
RoyalBeeMage (2)
: Aeternum, Kasimir

The Unknown Ajah (1): Cash67
Cash67 (1): The Unknown Ajah

The turn will end in a little shy of 24 hours.

Participants

1. Aeoryi Priest
2. @Aeternum
3. Archer - Double the Dead Priest
4. @Cash67
5. Kasimir - Ias, a Salmon Enthusiast Priest
6. Kidpen - Tethan Priest
7. RoyalBeeMage Heretic
8. Spark of Hope -> @Quivil
9. @The Unknown Ajah
10. @TheRavenHasLanded Ravebringer the Undead
11. @Weaver of Lies
12. @Wierdo

this is amazing lol.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

I suspect I die this turn, but at least it's not exlo anymore. I can afford to go.

Also, goodbye Kas. Enjoy your salmon and the blessed spoilers of the Dead doc.

If cash isnt elim, i say we take you out after.

12 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

I lost my most potent weapon... and no new pms. And I figured Bee was evil. you can't pull the same bs on me again, elims lol.

this is amazing lol.

I agree, if not cash, yeah.

53 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

this is amazing lol.

That's a bet I'm willing to make, though that does mean we lose if Cash somehow isn't a hit.

31 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

Ah, thank you o' wise one

It is actually the point where, if the village executes a villager, they will lose. So not quite when numbers are equal. Another important characteristic is that, typically (it's weird in this game), every cycle after exlo/lylo is also lylo, meaning if the village misses just once, we lose.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

That's a bet I'm willing to make, though that does mean we lose if Cash somehow isn't a hit.

It is actually the point where, if the village executes a villager, they will lose. So not quite when numbers are equal. Another important characteristic is that, typically (it's weird in this game), every cycle after exlo/lylo is also lylo, meaning if the village misses just once, we lose.

Oh crud- we'd better be right then

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

thank you for the correction. 

Your wisdom and help will be remembered.

O wise one, your fathomless knowledge was correct, as always.

RIP Kas, #2 townie

It was keeping me up last night, but I totally forgot to mention Weirdo in my last post yesterday. That's what I get for not sleeping.

So - it's 4v2 right now I believe, but we only need to vote out one elim. I probably suck at mechanics, so if someone feels like spelling it out better, pls do.

Two things can happen today:

1) ML + NK puts us at 2v2 tho which I'm assuming means lylo - tomorrow we have to hit an elim, and then we win. 2v2 sounds scary so how about we just:

2) Kill an elim today, and we win because they're a 1 for 2 deal.

Either way, hitting 1/2 elims is all we need to do.

No vote from Quivil, Weirdo, or Weaver. I'm inclined to hold this against Weaver the most out of the three.

@Quivil Hope you're caught up on the game now - I need to hear some thoughts from you

@Weaver of Lies Why no vote yesterday? What's your reads atm?

@Wierdo Any new opinions?

What I'm most concerned about is my inability to read TUA lol.

7 hours ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

^ Idk how I feel about this. I'd like to hear reasons ngl.

aLRIGHT how did people interact with Bee last cycle?

First up we have TUA, halfway defending them. Mainly they said that RBM isn't the best place to look for now. 

Aet is for voting weaver more strongly than TUA. This helps my town read on them. 

RBM did call out Aet and Weaver for being suspicious... kind of solidifies Aet in my eyes and moves Weaver a little higher up on the town list. 

Kas kept bee as  neutral initially. 

Aet doesn't want to vote bee yet because of lack of analysis of everyone else.

Our glorious returned has stated that RBM must die

Assuming I understand acronyms, Kas puts me and Bee on opposite sides of the coin. 

Beyond that it was me, Kas, and Aet debating about TUA. 

So TUA is shying away from voting on RBM, Aet and Kas voted out an elim, and I was on TUA. It is possible that TUA was backing off of RBM in order to not vote for them, and RBM called out Aet and Weaver, making them look suspicious. It is also possible that RBM knew he was going down and tried to bring Aet and Weaver down with him post-humously. 

That would put the remaining elims as Spark/Quivil and TUA. I think I'm sure about TUA, but S/Q not so much. I haven't considered Wierdo for the past cycle and a half, so I might go reread them. But for now, I'm gonna stick with what I had last cycle cause it seems to hold up. TUA

45 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

i propose something: No lynch.

or, we could let a coinflip decide who dies today: Cash, or TUA. that would be interesting...

@Aeternum my pm merged.

Option one potentially allows elims to win next round. We know there are at least two left, but since elims need to outnumber the villiage, not just match, if there are still three, they win next round if we don't linch or ML (which I assume means misflip V). 

The coinflip is funny, and in a different cycle I'd be down. However, if we are wrong, then we lose. Though if the coinflip does happen, who am I to go against RNJesus?

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

who am I to go against RNJesus?

Praise RNJesus. for he hath caused many smash bros players suffering with thwack, and alas, for he hath cursed, and he hath blessed.

Quick thoughts:

- TUA looks bad for borderline defending RBM

- RBM spew likely clears Weaver but I'd have to go back and check 

- I need townies to start speaking up

- Weirdo is staying on my elim list

- I think yesterday I said RBM/Cash could be paired, esp. if RBM flips elim.

- TUA/Cash are likely not e/e, but that's not too important when killing one elim wins the game for us.

I will be back later for a further analysis and a reread of yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Option one potentially allows elims to win next round. We know there are at least two left, but since elims need to outnumber the villiage, not just match, if there are still three, they win next round if we don't linch or ML (which I assume means misflip V). 

The coinflip is funny, and in a different cycle I'd be down. However, if we are wrong, then we lose. Though if the coinflip does happen, who am I to go against RNJesus?

Are you assuming there is 4 elims? That's like a third of the players if so.

How does 2v2 work?

Just now, Aeternum said:

TUA looks bad for borderline defending RBM

I mean, I did nearly get RBM exed d1 (Kas showed extreme willingness to shift, and Kidpen was kind of sheeping). I had set RBM aside because I was mostly looking at their e/e connections with v!Archer.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

I mean, I did nearly get RBM exed d1 (Kas showed extreme willingness to shift, and Kidpen was kind of sheeping). I had set RBM aside because I was mostly looking at their e/e connections with v!Archer.

Can I ask you for a quick read on everyone?

11 minutes ago, Wierdo said:

Praise RNJesus. for he hath caused many smash bros players suffering with thwack, and alas, for he hath cursed, and he hath blessed.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

Hmph. Heretics.

The gods of Luck and Chance remain supreme. 

Who is RNJesus but the highest god of Chance?

6 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

Quick thoughts:

- TUA looks bad for borderline defending RBM

- RBM spew likely clears Weaver but I'd have to go back and check 

- I need townies to start speaking up

- Weirdo is staying on my elim list

- I think yesterday I said RBM/Cash could be paired, esp. if RBM flips elim.

- TUA/Cash are likely not e/e, but that's not too important when killing one elim wins the game for us.

I will be back later for a further analysis and a reread of yesterday.

Are you assuming there is 4 elims? That's like a third of the players if so.

How does 2v2 work?

I think a 2v2 still has a day phase. The elims would not outnumber the village, so that would be the final vote. once it gets down to a 1v2 or 2v1 the game is decided. 

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

Who is RNJesus but the highest god of Chance?

I think a 2v2 still has a day phase. The elims would not outnumber the village, so that would be the final vote. once it gets down to a 1v2 or 2v1 the game is decided. 

My concern is - wouldn't elims just vote together? They'd only need to sway one townie and I think if we do go to 2v2, town is going to have a problem because assuming we lynch Cash/TUA, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get NK'd, then we'll have likely one elim from Cash/TUA, plus their teamie, vs two quiet townies. I don't trust that town can win that.

Lylo tomorrow could be a problem, so it's important we hit the target today.