Tโ€™Telir, normally a riot of clashing colors, is dressed bleakly in black. A whole city in mourning.

The gods hold court, and they argue. Finally, the beginnings of a decision is reached, and the investigation is entrusted to the domains of Hopeteacher the Wise and Merrythunder the Witty. The latter has gotten progressively more drunk following the news of Dawntrueโ€™s death, and is noisy derailing the entire process. Any real progress in dispensing justice is bound to be slow.

The priests, ever the more serious and grounded counterparts to their gods, see to it that everything is still running smoothly. They go about their business a little more quietly than usual.

Those same priests view you with barely veiled suspicion and hatred, even though you were one of them not so very long ago. When Dawntrue yet lived. Your isolation breeds a kind of solidarity with your fellows, and you find yourselves gathering together in the courtyard of Dawntrueโ€™s palace. Itโ€™s not like you have anywhere else to be. There are guards in front of the palace you don't recognize, and they aren't letting you leave. Not until "things are cleared up" and who knows when that will be.

โ

Dawntrue the Merciful has died! He was a plot device!

โ

The game's afoot! (But not a foot. A game is a game, not a foot, obviously.)

Vote to murderize your fellow players by saying their name in red. As a reminder, if you choose to vote somebody out during this cycle, they will become Returned.

As a second reminder, everybody can open exactly one PM with other players. Please remember to include the GM (myself) and the IM (Araris)! ๐Ÿซก

You'll all have your PMs telling you what team you're on and any role you might have shortly.

The turn will end in 24 hours.

โ

Participants

1. @Aeoryi
2. @Aeternum
3. @Archerย - Double the Drifter
4. @Cash67
5. @Kasimirย - A Salmon Enthusiast
6. @Kidpenย - Tethan
7. @RoyalBeeMage
8. @Spark of Hope
9. @The Unknown Ajah
10. @TheRavenHasLanded
11. @Weaver of Lies
12. @Wierdo

5 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Dawntrue the Merciful has died! He was a plot device!

oh no! i thought he was a throwaway NPC! shoot! well better luck next time

Archer welcome back ๐Ÿ˜”

In honour of our esteemed GM ๐Ÿ˜”

Ias sighed and wondered if he had made the right decision in joining Dawntrue's priesthood.

All of them, corralled up because someone had undoubtedly committed heresy and murdered their god. He should've gone for Redcross, he thought crossly, even though Redcross was known to be a bit of a character. At least Dawntrue had particularly good opinions on salmon, having adopted the entire pond as his sacred animal.

Of course, Ias was certain the heretics would also do great harm to his god's salmon.

That was not to be brooked.

Edited by Kasimir

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Thatโ€™s not very nice Cash.

Aeternum

Agreed. Hence why I did it.ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

the raven has landed!ย I think that cash was only bringing you here.

And yep thatโ€™s pretty much the point of poke votes. Hence I will be doing this:

Spark of Hopeย 

Wierdo

Just now, Cash67 said:

Agreed. Hence why I did it.ย 

ย 

And yep thatโ€™s pretty much the point of poke votes. Hence I will be doing this:

Spark of Hopeย 

Wierdo

ahh. i might change my vote when they get back online.

11 minutes ago, Archer said:

Royal Bee Mage

*votes*
*refuses to elaborate*
*leaves*
ย 

ย 

11 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

can i ask why?

ย 

Behold the art of the Poke Vote (TM). Eliciting reactions one cast at a time!

13 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

yep thatโ€™s pretty much the point of poke votes

Shh I can invent reasons. In response to this you said:

12 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

ahh. i might change my vote when they get back online

Which was an early fold. You seem conflict adverse, RBM

"Phewie! Your Breath stinks."
The guard continued to block the doorway with his shield.
Double, true to his name, doubled down. "If I were you, I'd swap it for another one. I'll let you offload it onto me, for a price."
"Move along."
"You've seen though me! I'd do it as an act of charity."
"You must remain until the investigation is concluded."
Double sighed. "Fine. You have a deal. I'll catch the killer and you give me your Breath. No take backs!"ย 

And an SE welcome to you, Kidpen!ย The D1 exe makes 'killing' folks more palpable, so I have no reservations today.ย 

Votes so far:

1 for Archer (Kas)

1 for Aet (Spark of Hope)ย how dare you smh

1 for Raven (Royal)

1 for Weirdo (Cash)

1 for Kidpen (Archer)

1 for TUA (Aeo)

ย 

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Thatโ€™s not very nice Cash.

Aeternum

THAT'S not very nice, Spark of Hope. What's your reasoning, hm??ย <_<

On that note, it's clearlyย Aeoryiย . Once evil, always evil smh. Oh wait...

*also votes, doesn't elaborate, and leaves*

Ok see you in several hours!

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

*votes*
*refuses to elaborate*
*leaves*

Add a *screams* here and it may well be a husky meme.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

And an SE welcome to you, Kidpen!ย The D1 exe makes 'killing' folks more palpable, so I have no reservations today.ย 

How do you feel about achieving vampiric immortality and godhood?

Edited to add:

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Is there a reason you're tacitly ascribing a positive read valence, however mild, to conflict avoidance?

Edited by Kasimir

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

*votes*
*refuses to elaborate*
*leaves*
ย 

ย 

Behold the art of the Poke Vote (TM). Eliciting reactions one cast at a time!

I'm filing for improper use of trademark. Poke votes are a work of art (which you yourself mention) and therefore are under the domain of copyright. They were also in use long before you got your hands on it. Some would even say it's in the public domain at this point.

2 hours ago, Archer said:

Shh I can invent reasons. In response to this you said:

"Phewie! Your Breath stinks."
The guard continued to block the doorway with his shield.
Double, true to his name, doubled down. "If I were you, I'd swap it for another one. I'll let you offload it onto me, for a price."
"Move along."
"You've seen though me! I'd do it as an act of charity."
"You must remain until the investigation is concluded."
Double sighed. "Fine. You have a deal. I'll catch the killer and you give me your Breath. No take backs!"ย 

I'd agree with this sentiment. Curious why you still unvoted here.

RBM is on my radar.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

hi hello all

The Unknown Ajah

~activates poke vote strats~

Rude.

Here let's try again. You repeat after me:

"The Unknown Ajah"

Edit: I'd also like to bring up the topic of making @Kasimirthe Returned this turn.

If you don't want to be alive forever, feel free to say "no, TUA, you're stupid and mean, and I just want the sweet abyss," but this feels like the best play here.

Edited by The Unknown Ajah

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

I'm filing for improper use of trademark. Poke votes are a work of art (which you yourself mention) and therefore are under the domain of copyright. They were also in use long before you got your hands on it. Some would even say it's in the public domain at this point ย 

You see, I do not own the trademark, I just need to acknowledge it exists so that I can avoid some lawsuits (and an early exec)

And yeah @Kasimirย and @The Unknown Ajahย made a good point. Our choice of returned will influence the rest of the game. Iโ€™d rather have general consensus on who we choose.ย 

31 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

Rude.

Here let's try again. You repeat after me:

"The Unknown Ajah"

Edit: I'd also like to bring up the topic of making @Kasimirthe Returned this turn.

If you don't want to be alive forever, feel free to say "no, TUA, you're stupid and mean, and I just want the sweet abyss," but this feels like the best play here.

"The Unknown Ajah"

As for who to make returned, I nominate Archer.

18 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

You see, I do not own the trademark, I just need to acknowledge it exists so that I can avoid some lawsuits (and an early exec)

And yeah @Kasimirย and @The Unknown Ajahย made a good point. Our choice of returned will influence the rest of the game. Iโ€™d rather have general consensus on who we choose.ย 

That's why there's a vote, silly!

2 hours ago, Archer said:

NOOOOOOO
Oh, I'm a bit late to the party. I should be around until the cycle end though. Although actually-do we want a Heretic or a Priest to die today? I'm thinking a Heretic would be ideal, but there is some benefit to a Priest dying as well. So if I were to die it would be an okay situation for me, other than the whole win condition situation.

@Weaver of Liesย Weaver of Liesย seems to be a sensible next target.

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

"The Unknown Ajah"

That's why there's a vote, silly!

Well yeah but I donโ€™t want the split to be like 2-2-2-3 and then the three gets the returned.ย 

Just now, Kidpen said:

NOOOOOOO
Oh, I'm a bit late to the party. I should be around until the cycle end though. Although actually-do we want a Heretic or a Priest to die today? I'm thinking a Heretic would be ideal, but there is some benefit to a Priest dying as well. So if I were to die it would be an okay situation for me, other than the whole win condition situation.

@Weaver of Liesย Weaver of Liesย seems to be a sensible next target.

Heretic is always ideal, but then Heretic is immortal for the rest of the round. Weโ€™d have to identify all three heretics instead of just two.ย 
ย 

Long story short itโ€™s a free flip. Itโ€™s just a case of who we give the unkillable power to.ย 

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

Heretic is always ideal, but then Heretic is immortal for the rest of the round. Weโ€™d have to identify all three heretics instead of just two.ย 
ย 

Long story short itโ€™s a free flip. Itโ€™s just a case of who we give the unkillable power to.ย 

Wdym? We have to identify all the heretics regardless, since our win condition is eliminating them.

38 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

I'm filing for improper use of trademark. Poke votes are a work of art (which you yourself mention) and therefore are under the domain of copyright. They were also in use long before you got your hands on it. Some would even say it's in the public domain at this point.

I'm just curious why you'd poke rather than stab. Knowing it's a poke dilutes the vote's utility and creates expectations.

4 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

So if I were to die it would be an okay situation for me, other than the whole win condition situation.

Uhhhhhhh what?

Just now, Cash67 said:

Why do we need to identify all three Heretics? @DrakeMarshallย Doesn't the flipped heretic no longer count to wincon, therefore the last two are still Lovers?

40 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

I was considering giving some Village points for the suggestion, but I actually think it might be just slightly in your Elim range, so I'm conflicted. I have further thoughts on the issue but am considering keeping them to myself for the moment. This is weighted by the fact I have an appointment in the morning so might not be available as readily as I'd like to drop them.

9 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

But you don't vote Archer. Interesting. Considering an Elim lean here.

29 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

I like contested votesย ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ They usually are more indicative than if we just kinda agree. Sure we can say get a good pivot-free margin, but I'm usually a fan of contestation and having to persuade others because it shows where your priorities are.

Edited to add:

@Cash67ย Is there any reason you assume we have three Heretics?

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

But you don't vote Archer. Interesting. Considering an Elim lean here.

Because I think he is a villager, and I'm not voting out a villager.

• If there is a Day 1 execution, the victim is flipped normally but becomes Returned. They can no longer vote or take actions and donโ€™t count towards win conditions, but they are unkillable and untargetable, and they can still speak.

Essentially, the d1 execution treestumps the person, so in other words, they're effectively dead but without the dead doc.ย 

Just now, Aeoryi said:

Because I think he is a villager, and I'm not voting out a villager.

So if you are not voting out a Villager, then why are you suggesting making Archer a Returned?