I thought I posted four hours ago, guess it didn't go through. I was at school then, so who knows?

I voted Dui because he namemewiped. That only happens when you delete your account. Therefore, he wasn't playing. He would only be useful to us at that point to soak up a kill, now or later. I chose now.

Action wise, last night I sicced a chalkling on Chase, she was protected.

Smart, was that a Forgotten kill or a wild chalking kills? I might just be being dense, but I'd like clarification please.

We were very lucky with an inactive Forgotten who we lynched first cycle.

This is my proposed line up for this cycle's lines:

Lines of Making:

1. (The Only Joe) Joel, a Long time soldier at Nebrask
  2. (Araris Valerian) Tavi, a troublesome, but bright young man.
  3. (Alvron) Ronald, a Short man with White hair and piercing blue eyes.
  4. (AonarFaileas) Aaron, a Graduate of Académie de Montréal.
  5. (Tulir) Rlint, a Dirty Conner a Policeman.
  6. (Mailliw73) Will, a Blonde Male.
  7. (Lightsworn Panda) Jain, a new Soldier.

Lines of Warding:

1. (Wyrmhero) Wyatt, a Senior Soldier
  2. (Kasimir) Samuel Kessen, a man who hates the JoSeun way of life.
  3. (Gamma Fiend) Dig, a Digger.
  4. (pir2h) Chase Tearing, a Rithamantic Murderer.
  5. (Twelvethrootoftwo) Tory Farth, a man who exists
  6. (Ashiok) Roddy, A Baseball Coach

EDIT: Realized that when I split the list this time, I messed up on Jain's placement.

Again, people making chalklings should check their parallel number in the other list.

Edited by Mailliw73

Chase woke up, and jumped to her feet. She grabbed her chalk out of her pocket, and then blinked. There was nothing. She had the strangest feeling that someone had been watching her. Hmm. Or was it because someone was? Did someone watch her during the night? Maybe a chalking was. She walked out just as she saw Tulir, the last person to vote for Dui. Suspicious behavior, she thought, downright suspicious. 

I note we've lost two people from Maill's second category. Hopefully that won't be too much of an issue, since we had the good fortune to hit a Forgotten yesterday, so the wild chalkings are not as strong.

The bandwagon on Dui was certainly interesting. I'm suspicious of Tulir, partially because - if he isn't an Eliminator - then we didn't stand to gain anything from him voting for someone who was almost definitely going to be lynched by that point. On the other hand, though, late votes on eliminators get called out just about every time, for that exact reason.

edit: it was blue in the editor

Edited by twelfthrootoftwo

The timestamp I see says 5:30 AM (correcting for GMT), and the first post of Cycle 1 said it was meant to be over at 8 AM. This Cycle didn't start for another six hours though, so you're right about that. But are you not going to say anything other than that it might have been odd though? I mean, I do find it a little odd, you're right, and I'd like a little more than that before I think about changing my vote.

I note we've lost two people from Maill's second category. Hopefully that won't be too much of an issue, since we had the good fortune to hit a Forgotten yesterday, so the wild chalkings are not as strong.

The bandwagon on Dui was certainly interesting. I'm suspicious of Tulir, partially because - if he isn't an Eliminator - then we didn't stand to gain anything from him voting for someone who was almost definitely going to be lynched by that point. On the other hand, though, late votes on eliminators get called out just about every time, for that exact reason.

edit: it was blue in the editor

I voted for him because if he was truly inactive, he wouldn't benefit either side.  Now I realize that he could have been used to soak up some wild Chalkling kills, provided he wasn't a Forgotten.  I should have realized the before, but I didn't, so I chose to help get rid of the inactive early.  Forgotten, I am sorry you lost one of your members early on, but hopefully that will help us defeat you faster.  

I mostly trust the bandwagon on Dui, for various reasons, one of which is I would be a hypocrite if I voted for someone who voted for him because he was inactive.  Alvron's vote makes sense to me, trying to draw the person out to post, and Wyrm's vote had the same logic.  Ash and  had the same reasoning, so I currently think he is probably innocent as well.  However, Wyrm might be a Forgotten and noticed that Dui seemed to be inactive, and threw him to us in an attempt to prove his innocence, by being the second vote on a Forgotten.

At least from the writeup, the doesn't seem to have been a chalkling kill. Maybe we should get a tally of who actually drew a line of warding last cycle so we can have an idea of how many we need in total.

I suspect that 6 lines of making might not be enough, especially if there are 3 forgotten left. In my opinion, the first night the chalkings break through will give us a decent amount of info, so keeping the numbers close to a death is probably a good thing. It seems that the only way you can really demonstrate innocence in this is coming up with a really good reason to lynch somebody that ends up being a forgotten, or building lots of useful diagrams and such. We have 2 votes on Tulir right now, so I won't bother exploring over there for the moment. I don't think that we can really excuse anyone from the vote for Dui; if the eliminators realized he was inactive then jumping on a vote for him wouldn't do much to hurt them. I'll put a vote on Will because I would like to hear why you think we should coordinate our chalklings since that would make it pretty easy for the forgotten to cancel the important ones with lines of vigor.

I'll retract that vote if the answer to this question is yes: Is there a difference between the message you get when your chalking gets blocked by warding/forbiddance and the one you get if you get hit by a line of vigor when you drew a line of making?

First things first: Araris, thank you for your response to my question last cycle. I think your question should be flagged to Sart:

Sart, we know that if a chalkling gets blocked by warding/forbiddance, the LoM returns a null result. The same happens if the target was hit by a LoV. But what happens if the *Maker* gets hit by a LoV?

My contribution last cycle was mostly negative, but one cycle having elapsed, I think this opens up some options for us now. For instance, I think it would be rather helpful if we came forward with what we did last night. This has the advantage of giving us some idea of the level of the camp's defense last night, if there was a likelihood of the Forgotten having used LoVs (which would in turn give us some idea of their tactical capabilities for this cycle.)

So, first, I'm going to list what we do know:

1. If the write-up is meant to indicate what happened, then we can tell from the write-up that Dui was the Forgotten tasked with taking out Meta (ouch!).

Corollary: Dui was tasked with doing so as he was the Forgotten least likely to be hit by a LoM. The other Forgotten may believe they were more likely to be observed: this condition can be realised in many ways; for instance, they could have played significant roles (such as being Eliminators/Possessed) in Bart's LG, or in recent MRs/QFs.

2. There was no wild chalkling kill last night. So the camp's defence: D = [x(LoW) + yS] ≥ 4 (assuming the maximum number of Forgotten that have featured in our guesses, both to be conservative, and as Dui wouldn't have been dead at the time this was taken into account.)

Corollary: We can do useful things if we know how many people ostensibly cast LoWs last night, giving us some estimate of x. We can figure out what y should be, since we know each Sentry bonus has a value of 1. In addition, we may be able to rule out as impossible the notion that the Forgotten had cast LoVs. (This would be the case in which x(LoW) + yS = 4, or 5.) In which case, this would tell us something about how the Forgotten are choosing to play this game. It would also tell us if it is reasonable to fear the prospect of targeted LoVs tonight, since LoVs cannot be drawn twice in a row.

In addition, I suggest know what our yS constant is will be helpful, since it is a passive bonus. In which case, we can be more precise about how many LoWs we need and free up other players to open up other kinds of options for us.

So, how do we go about figuring x? Accounts of last night's actions would be helpful in this regard. If Araris cast a LoW as he said he would, that gives us one person who did. I sent in an early order for a LoW as I wouldn't be able to get back on the forums until my lectures finished post-rollover the next day, and therefore figured at that point that the safest action I could take would be to ward the camp without basically telling the Forgotten I was a neat target for a LoV. That gives us a (so-far) paltry x(LoW) value of 2. (Assuming, of course, that Araris has not been hit by a LoV.) We have no way to figure out Meta's actions unless someone used a LoM on him.

Basically, I think talking about what we did last night is helpful because it also gives us an idea of the pool of people who can't Ward today, the pool of people who can't spy today, and the pool of people who can do either today.

Also, Joel, I'm going to have to remember your argument for the next time I'm an Eliminator. It's exceedingly high-handed to put yourself in a position where you are the standard for which innocent and guilt should be measured, and neatly slipping the burden of proof onto everyone else while exempting yourself from it (so, exactly why should you be exempt?) and citing 'vague reasons'. I'm sure it's a great way of figuring things out from your viewpoint, but as we don't have access to that kind of information, it's hardly encouraging from a viewpoint that doesn't have access to your information. Very useful for an Eliminator, I'd imagine. Care to enlighten the rest of us on what those reasons are?

I voted for him because if he was truly inactive, he wouldn't benefit either side.  Now I realize that he could have been used to soak up some wild Chalkling kills, provided he wasn't a Forgotten.  I should have realized the before, but I didn't, so I chose to help get rid of the inactive early.  Forgotten, I am sorry you lost one of your members early on, but hopefully that will help us defeat you faster.  

I mostly trust the bandwagon on Dui, for various reasons, one of which is I would be a hypocrite if I voted for someone who voted for him because he was inactive.  Alvron's vote makes sense to me, trying to draw the person out to post, and Wyrm's vote had the same logic.  Ash and  had the same reasoning, so I currently think he is probably innocent as well.  However, Wyrm might be a Forgotten and noticed that Dui seemed to be inactive, and threw him to us in an attempt to prove his innocence, by being the second vote on a Forgotten.

Thank you for expanding your answer. I have taken my vote off Tulir. I don't really have much to say about the side 'might' bit there, other than that I didn't actually notice that he'd deleted his account (heck, didn't even know that happened to your name when you did) until Ashiok pointed it out this Cycle, so I was hoping for a little more information, as I really didn't know what was going on.

Ashiok brings up an interesting question. Ignoring the fact that telling us that action tells us that - supposedly - they are both Rithmatists (though arguably that's not so damaging in this game since everyone has a Role, and it's unlikely there are many Scholars/Non-Rithmatists), it does suggest that either Chase used Warding out of turn, or used Forbiddance instead of Making, which doesn't make any sense to me for someone relatively under the radar. Could I ask you to explain why you didn't use Making last Cycle?

I'm also wary of Kas, since he mentioned deviating as well, but he's already admitted it and given a reason. I suppose I'd like to know why he mentioned it, but considering his plan, it makes sense he'd say what he did - Though we don't have any proof that he did that, I guess. Personally, I am reluctant to jump on the 'this is what I did' wagon, but that may just be lingering sentiment from previous games where roleclaiming like that was very obviously a bad idea. Considering most of us will have the same role, it could work, since it doesn't give too much away.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Dig was disturbed. He set about his usual task, shovel in hand, feet kicking down on the spade to bite into the earth, the rough calluses on his hand rubbing against smooth wooden handle, and the crunch, swish, and thud of dirt being picked up, whisked into the air, and landing back on the ground in a pile some couple feet away.

The motions were all the same, but it was completely different. He wasn't digging a hole. He was digging a grave.

He had never even conceived of the notion that his skills would be used for such a macabre task. Holes were fun and mysterious, you never knew what you could come across while digging a hole. Graves were the exact opposite. You knew exactly what was going to be at the bottom of the hole when you were finished. He paused and shuddered.

Dig still couldn't believe that the group had lucked out and found one of the forgotten on the very first day. He still didn't know what to make of anybody else, he was just having a hard enough time keeping up with all of the hasty plans and decisions being suggested and tossed around.

Dig had always been a simple man. He only cared about digging holes. Graves were not the same. "Dig a hole, dig a hole." He said the same phrase, the same exact way, trying to find some sort of joy or comfort with the familiarity of the mantra, but the words just left a bitter taste in his mouth.

OOC: Well that was good news with Dui being one of the forgotten having to drop out on Day 1. While I could understand the votes on him just to get rid of an inactive and all that, but it looks like everybody is already taking a look at the people who bandwagoned on Dui to ensure the lynch. As it's been pointed out, it is a usual trick Eliminators do to 'verify' themselves early on.

I still am unsure at how to best coordinate the Lines of Warding, trying to keep the Defenders as anonymous as possible. And maybe it can now just be as simple as this:
We know that however many people made Lines last Cycle, it was obviously enough. And now that we got rid of at least one Eliminator, it will be even easier. So if you didn't make a Line of Warding last night, make one tonight. If too many people made them last night, we'll know if a Chalkling attack goes through tonight, and can adjust accordingly.

And from there we can start trying to narrow down the numbers of what we actually need, and having the extra people go hunting with role-blocks and trackings.

Edit: Ooops. Kinda forgot to talk about voting. O.o I'm still actually unsure, with actual suspicions. So for now, I'll throw a token vote at Kas, because I don't like maths. Lists were the original form of 'misdirection', and it eventually moved onto statistics and now maths.

Edited by Gamma Fiend

I'll retract that vote if the answer to this question is yes: Is there a difference between the message you get when your chalking gets blocked by warding/forbiddance and the one you get if you get hit by a line of vigor when you drew a line of making?

There is a difference between those messages. However, you won't get any message if your target isn't protected, which looks the same as being stunned.

Sart, we know that if a chalkling gets blocked by warding/forbiddance, the LoM returns a null result. The same happens if the target was hit by a LoV. But what happens if the *Maker* gets hit by a LoV?

I was definitely not clear enough on this. If a chalkling gets blocked by warding or forbiddance, it will turn around, and report back to the maker that the target was protected. However, if the target did some other action, or if the target was stunned and couldn't do an action, the chalkling will march towards the sunset, and never report back. The same thing happens if the Maker was hit by a Line of Vigor. In retrospect, the Lines of Vigor are probably a little bit overpowered...

At least from the writeup, the doesn't seem to have been a chalkling kill. Maybe we should get a tally of who actually drew a line of warding last cycle so we can have an idea of how many we need in total.

I suspect that 6 lines of making might not be enough, especially if there are 3 forgotten left. In my opinion, the first night the chalkings break through will give us a decent amount of info, so keeping the numbers close to a death is probably a good thing. It seems that the only way you can really demonstrate innocence in this is coming up with a really good reason to lynch somebody that ends up being a forgotten, or building lots of useful diagrams and such. We have 2 votes on Tulir right now, so I won't bother exploring over there for the moment. I don't think that we can really excuse anyone from the vote for Dui; if the eliminators realized he was inactive then jumping on a vote for him wouldn't do much to hurt them. I'll put a vote on Will because I would like to hear why you think we should coordinate our chalklings since that would make it pretty easy for the forgotten to cancel the important ones with lines of vigor.

I honk we should coordinate chalklings because then Forgotten can't hide behind overlap. I used that myself in LG7. Claiming that I went to the informant and learned the same thing someone else said was very helpful in hiding. This way, way if we all agree to the plan, there can be none of that.

Kas, I highly doubt we have more than one sentry, if any at all. It seems that the LoW are a big part of figuring out game strategy.

I like Gamma's plan. Whoever didn't make a LoW last night, make one tonight. That way we can gauge how many more we need on a given night without revealing who will be an easy target. That would mean that we don't follow my list unless everyone followed it, which we already know is not the case. To make sure we are protected tonight, everyone who didn't make a Line of Warding last night, make one this cycle.

I'm going to throw a vote on Aaron F (Aonar). He's usually more active than this, I want to try to draw him out to say something. I bet you have a diagram, Aonar, so what suspicions do you have?

Thank you for expanding your answer. I have taken my vote off Tulir. I don't really have much to say about the side 'might' bit there, other than that I didn't actually notice that he'd deleted his account (heck, didn't even know that happened to your name when you did) until Ashiok pointed it out this Cycle, so I was hoping for a little more information, as I really didn't know what was going on.

Ashiok brings up an interesting question. Ignoring the fact that telling us that action tells us that - supposedly - they are both Rithmatists (though arguably that's not so damaging in this game since everyone has a Role, and it's unlikely there are many Scholars/Non-Rithmatists), it does suggest that either Chase used Warding out of turn, or used Forbiddance instead of Making, which doesn't make any sense to me for someone relatively under the radar. Could I ask you to explain why you didn't use Making last Cycle?

I'm also wary of Kas, since he mentioned deviating as well, but he's already admitted it and given a reason. I suppose I'd like to know why he mentioned it, but considering his plan, it makes sense he'd say what he did - Though we don't have any proof that he did that, I guess. Personally, I am reluctant to jump on the 'this is what I did' wagon, but that may just be lingering sentiment from previous games where roleclaiming like that was very obviously a bad idea. Considering most of us will have the same role, it could work, since it doesn't give too much away.

"So what if I wanted to ensure the safety first?" Chase growled, throwing her hands up. She didn't like Wyatt. Maybe Tulir was innocent. His logic seemed somewhat sound, but she would see. She would see.  

I'm going to throw a vote on Aaron F (Aonar). He's usually more active than this, I want to try to draw him out to say something. I bet you have a diagram, Aonar, so what suspicions do you have?

He has been quieter than normal, and he does always have a diagram.  Jain hasn't posted yet this cycle, which I find odd.

Sorry, I've had a pretty busy day. I also started watching Zero Punctuation videos, so the free time I usually spend on 17th Shard were sacrificed for a greater good.  <_< 

I don't have much to say. I'm too muddled right now by hay fever (yes, it's spring here in Australia, and Pandas do suffer from hay fever) to make a rational vote or analysis (both of which I'm not particularly good at), or even put up a vote chart or do some RP.

Edit: I'm going to spike every part of your pathetic body, and then proceed to throw those (possibly) charged spikes into a chasm just to spite you, colour editor.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

I do have a diagram, and I have been quieter than normal. :P Between rereading and going over Newan's twinborn rules (that game is insanely complicated) and rock climbing on a bad knee (terrible idea, by the way) I really haven't had a lot of time to stay up to date.

Give me a minute, and I'll have something together though...

My diagram doesn't tell me much. There is an incredibly useful function on there (NodeXL if anyone's interested) the automatically calculates which groups of nodes are most likely to be connected, based on their connections to each other and neighboring nodes.

That suggests that Jain, Rlint, Chase, and Wyatt are the most likely to be connected in some way to Dui. However, given the incredibly small sample size, (Dui was extremely inactive, and killed the first cycle) this really doesn't mean anything at all.

I might comment more later, after I've had a little more time to think over the last few cycle's events.

Also, Joel, I'm going to have to remember your argument for the next time I'm an Eliminator. It's exceedingly high-handed to put yourself in a position where you are the standard for which innocent and guilt should be measured, and neatly slipping the burden of proof onto everyone else while exempting yourself from it (so, exactly why should you be exempt?) and citing 'vague reasons'. I'm sure it's a great way of figuring things out from your viewpoint, but as we don't have access to that kind of information, it's hardly encouraging from a viewpoint that doesn't have access to your information. Very useful for an Eliminator, I'd imagine. Care to enlighten the rest of us on what those reasons are?

Alright then, I guess I should Explain. A Lot of how I decide whether or not somebody is Evil is just a gut feeling. I can turn that into Logic, but they won't all make sense. I've also changed some of my views due to today's events.

So the players, Minus myself, Dui and Matt.

These guys I think are innocent

(Alvron) Ronald: Voted for Dui for being Inactive. My Positions on the Dui Voters can be found in this Post.

(Tulir) Rlint, Voted for Dui.

(Mailliw73) Will, originally voted for Alv. Proposed the Split Plan.

(Wyrmhero) Wyatt, voted for Dui, as well as made plans for the LoW.

(pir2h) Chase Tearing, This Post. I figured that if the PM included the link to the Forgotten Doc, she would have followed it, and asked her compatriots instead.

(Ashiok) Aaron Roddy, Voted for Dui as well.

Neutrals and Suspicious

(Araris Valerian) Tavi, He simply voted for the newest player. This doesn't lean either way on my list. He also proposed the Alpha version of Mailliw's Plan, but the Forgotten would likely know that Would come up eventually. So he's Neutral, likely good right now.

(AonarFaileas) Aaron, As of Cycle one, he didn't have any concrete plans or Suspicions. This is how he always plays, so Neutral.

(Kasimir) Samuel Kessen, Discussed the Pro's and Con's of The Split plan. He made points that either could make, so he stayed Neutral

(Gamma Fiend) Dig, No feelings abouthim at all. Perfect Neutral.

(Twelvethrootoftwo) Tory Farth, Voted for Will, who hadn't posted yet. Another 'Neutral' Action

(Lightsworn Panda) Jain, Failed to make his usual Rant. Made a Voting Graph.

So my two main Suspicions right now are Jain and Twei. I'm going to vote for Jain again, because of His Rant, as well as his continued making of Vote Lists. He posting enough to fly under the radar, without seeming Suspicious. If he had Ranted, I would have completely believed in his Innocence.

As for Why I amnot included in the list, I have evidence to my innocence in the form of a PM from Sart. But I can't show that.

Edited by The Only Joe

Placing vote on Rlint.  Simply a gut feeling but it feels right.

Current Vote Tally.

Rlint (1) Wyatt, Chase, Ronald

Will (1) Tavi

Joel (1) Samuel Kessen

Chase (2) Wyatt, Jain

Samuel Kessen (1) Dig

Aaron F (1) Will

Wyatt (1) Chase

Jain (2) Rlint, Joel

Non-voters: Aaron F, Aaron R, Tory Farth.

Edit: Updated votes

Edited by Alvron

How many times do I have to say this? When I rant, I tend to be lynched. Take QF3 for example. I got lynched on the first day from a single rant. I don't intend to repeat that again. In fact, I don't intend to wildcard ever again.

Admittedly, I made that rant after you reminded me to, Joe. A little too much frustration slipped out as I was making that post. Oh, the hypocrisy.  <_< 

It's also funny how I'm one of your frequent Eliminator kills, Joe. you tend to be quite instrumental in some of my deaths. Especially the lynchings.

As for Why I amnot included in the list, I have evidence to my innocence in the form of a PM from Sart. But I can't show that.

What a funny statement. Normally, you would have slapped an emoticon, or at least put an exclamation mark or something after it, to make it more of a joke. But you haven't. It sounds half-hearted. A lie? Or am I just misinterpreting? ;) 

Chase, could you contribute something other than RP? Also, why did you use Forbiddence/Warding? Most importantly, why did you jump from a potential bandwagon on Tulir onto Wyrm when it failed?

I was hoping to come online today and be able to remove my vote, but I don't like that Chase's response was basically just to counter-vote. That's a shame, because I'd rather avoid a tie vote like this, but I don't really see a reason to switch. A vote for someone else would be a vote for Jain at this point, and I'm not really suspicious of Jain at the moment. Not more than Chase, certainly.

With only 8 hours (or so) left in the day, it's doubtful that anyone else will post, considering the last few Cycles we've had no-one online during this time. So, we currently have a tie between Jain and Chase. Smart, what happens in the event of a tie for the lynch, in this game?

Edited by Wyrmhero

Dig had just finished the two graves for Matt and his silent companion who had attached themselves to the doomed man. He was sweating furiously underneath the hot Nebrask sun, exhausted from the tedious work. He took a moment to lament the fallen. The Matt fellow had seemed a bit extreme, but the other one, the Artist, -- Dig frowned and furrowed his brow, blanking on the man's name -- had seemed to have his own sort of sad story. And now it was forever untold, buried beneath the arid Nebraskan soil.

The sun was starting to slowly set in the sky, reminding Dig of the next grizzly task at hand. There was still to be another decision to be reached. The group needed to continue their hunt against the Forgotten hiding amongst them. Secrets that were buried deep under the weight of lies and subterfuge. If there was one thing Dig liked, it was digging to the bottom of things. It was like a hole. A meta-physical hole.

He smiled. "Dig a hole, dig a hole."

For the first time all day, the words finally brought him joy.

Well, it looks like we're stuck at a tie between Jain and Chase with only an hour or two left to go, I think. I'm not exactly sure which of them warrants more suspicion, still, and definitely don't want to be the one to be the tie-breaker off of no real suspicions so far. And changing my vote onto somebody else would just bring it to a three way tie at this point, and that would accomplish absolutely nothing. I unfortunately haven't had much time for too much analysis of the posts and votes either. I have a slight gut feeling about Joe for the moment, but as mentioned above, a vote on him wouldn't accomplish much right now.

So it looks like nobody has objected to the idea of just having those who didn't LoW last night do it tonight, which while may be over-spending our Action Uses on defense, it's the best bet for now until we can get how many we need narrowed down, exactly. We just need to make sure we didn't have too many people do that last night, and have enough to alternate every cycle first.

What a funny statement. Normally, you would have slapped an emoticon, or at least put an exclamation mark or something after it, to make it more of a joke. But you haven't. It sounds half-hearted. A lie? Or am I just misinterpreting? ;) 

Originally I had an Exclamation Mark, But I erased it. It didn't feel right.

chalkling_thug.png

Everyone seemed to be suspicious. "That woman might be a murderer. That man with a stuffed panda is giving everyone strange looks," they argued. Still, the camp couldn't reach a consensus. They decided to sleep on who to kill, hoping the morning would give them a better idea.

Will couldn't sleep though. He was tossing and turning, anxious about the following day. Eventually, he decided to patrol the camp, to see if any wild chalklings were coming. He looked out and didn't see anything. It was rather boring. As he was turning back to his tent, he noticed something odd. The barrel of acid was missing. Without that, the platoon would have to rely solely on Rithmatics to repel the chalklings. Unfortunately, he didn't realize the thieves were right behind him. There wasn't much time to think. One of them picked up a rock, and swung it at Will's head. Will screamed as he fell to the ground, alerting the whole camp to his predicament. It was too late though; he bled to death before the camp arrived. The thieves had merged in with the crowd, and the bucket was nowhere in site. It was going to be a long night.

Will was a Rithmatist!

Vote Count:
Jain: Joel, Rlint (2)
Will: Tavi (1)
Rlint: Roland (1)
Aaron Falaise: Will (1)
Chase: Jain, Wyatt (2)
Joel: Kessen (1)
Kessen: Dig (1)
Wyatt: Chase (1)

Player List;

1. (The Only Joe) Joel, a Long time soldier at Nebrask
  2. (Araris Valerian) Tavi, a troublesome, but bright young man.
  3. (Alvron) Ronald, a Short man with White hair and piercing blue eyes.
  4. (AonarFaileas) Aaron, a Graduate of Académie de Montréal.
  5. (Tulir) Rlint, a Dirty Conner a Policeman.
  6. (Mailliw73) Will, a Blonde Male. Rithmatist
  7. (Lightsworn Panda) Jain, a new Soldier.
  8. (Wyrmhero) Wyatt, a Senior Soldier
  9. (Elend'sSecondCousin) Dui, a JoSeun Immigrant who eats chalk. Forgotten
  10. (Kasimir) Samuel Kessen, a man who hates the JoSeun way of life.
  11. (Gamma Fiend) Dig, a Digger.
  12. (pir2h) Chase Tearing, a Rithamantic Murderer.
  13. (Metacognition) Matt, a man seen through the eyes of others. Artist
  14. (Twelvethrootoftwo) Tory Farth, a man who exists
  15. (Ashiok) Aaron Roddy, A Baseball Coach

This cycle will end at 9:00 AM Central Time on Saturday.

Edited by Alvron

So we're now two Rithmatists down, but hopefully we're not in too dangerous a position. We're also safe with regards to Wild Chalkings, as well. Unless Meta also did a Line of Warding first Cycle and was the tipping point for our defence (highly unlikely, for an Artist), then we should still have enough with our current plans. If everyone who used a Line of Warding on Cycle 1 does it again this Cycle, then we'll be safe today.

Mailliw's death is similar to Meta's, in that it's an experienced player, so it's not so surprising. Vote-wise, this Cycle Araris voted for Mailliw, and Mailliw voted for Aonar, and last Cycle he voted for Alvron. I don't think that tells us much though. I'm doubtful that anyone would be that obvious with regards to this attack. Unless it's a double bluff, in which case it's anyone's guess. So either it's for his planning (in which case I'd possibly look at Gamma and Aonar, since they were against it, but I'm not sure), his experience in general, or his votes. I'm doubting it's the third, but the first two don't really tell us anything about who did it.

As for this Cycle's current vote, I'm still looking for more of a reason from Chase other than a reactive vote against me. Ashiok also noted that the previous Cycle was not productive, but didn't try to make it so, which I find strange, so I wouldn't mind an explanation for that.

Edited by Wyrmhero

School. I won't have more than five mins to read through and make a post at any point till 6 o clock, then I have HW. Chase has been cleared in my mind because no forgotten would use LoF or LoW night 1, especially when they weren't on the list for LoWs... I'm not suspicious of Jain right now, he's playing normally. Also, a breaker right at the end of the cycle would have been suspicious, 

Oh wait... Just thought of something. Jain hasn't made his customary Grr! Team good again ! post yet. Strange.