1 hour ago, JNV said:

my current pet theory is doc elim thinking Faeries the Informat

44 minutes ago, Stick. said:

What are you talking about 

dw im still killing him today!! 

This comment makes little sense, implying pretty heavily JNV isn't the other doc elim

34 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

alright, fair enough. hmmmmm who should i poke...

Wanna pressure Drake? They've been playing how I expect an Insider to 

27 minutes ago, Stick. said:

Maybe I’m stupid but why can’t a doc elim say that ?

It reads as them not understanding that Fae was a doc elim. That's an unlikely mistake for their teammate to make. 

35 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

ykw, sure. 

Archer DrakeMarshall

@DrakeMarshall

Why would you do that, Drake voted for Fae!   >:0.

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

It reads as them not understanding that Fae was a doc elim. That's an unlikely mistake for their teammate to make. 

?????????

The informant does have doc access

You are continuing to not make sense ong 👹

7 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

ARCHER QUIT CONFUSING ME

I'm just saying you gotta give a reason if you're going to vote for someone. Otherwise it has no teeth

3 minutes ago, Stick. said:

?????????

The informant does have doc access

You are continuing to not make sense ong 👹

JNV's theory of the case is that I am a doc elim:

"Archer for now I dont really like the whole flashwagon thing and my current pet theory is doc elim thinking Faeries the Informat"

Doc elim!Archer was looking around for who to start a wagon in and he opportunistically chooses Fae because he suspects they're the v!Informant. 

In reality, doc elim Archer would never think that because Fae was in the doc as well. The elim doc has two elims in it, and an anonymous Informant who can talk if they want. It's possible the elims in doc have guessed the Informant by their vocal patterns or something. 

But it's impossible the doc elim (me, in JNV's telling) guessed Fae is the Informant because Fae is their teammate. Aka the only person the Informant can't be. 

If I'm wrong about how the game is setup, lmk, but I went over this with TJ last round and I'm pretty sure I'm right. 

Anyway, JNV is confused in a way that a doc elim wouldn't be because they'd know Fae is a doc elim. 

1 minute ago, Archer said:

I'm just saying you gotta give a reason if you're going to vote for someone. Otherwise it has no teeth

JNV's theory of the case is that I am a doc elim:

"Archer for now I dont really like the whole flashwagon thing and my current pet theory is doc elim thinking Faeries the Informat"

Doc elim!Archer was looking around for who to start a wagon in and he opportunistically chooses Fae because he suspects they're the v!Informant. 

In reality, doc elim Archer would never think that because Fae was in the doc as well. The elim doc has two elims in it, and an anonymous Informant who can talk if they want. It's possible the elims in doc have guessed the Informant by their vocal patterns or something. 

But it's impossible the doc elim (me, in JNV's telling) guessed Fae is the Informant because Fae is their teammate. Aka the only person the Informant can't be. 

If I'm wrong about how the game is setup, lmk, but I went over this with TJ last round and I'm pretty sure I'm right. 

Anyway, JNV is confused in a way that a doc elim wouldn't be because they'd know Fae is a doc elim. 

fair enough. hey drake, hows the doc lookin?

oh my god archer

EDIT

ok wait let me explain

EDIT

I was the Informant last game, so I know I didnt exactly have the choice to be anonymous because my name was listed at the top of the doc along with the names of the 2 other octet members. I assume it's the same this time, because the informant being able to pick anonymity kinda messes with the balance of the game design and anyway this wasn't a rule change listed in the added modifications. The informant essentially needs to act like an elim in the doc and sow confusion re: who the real informant is and make sure there's paranoia between the other 2 members of the doc.

Furthermore, the Informant also flips red. Faerie technically could have been the informant for all we know (they were not, but objectively speaking they could have been).

Now, you not knowing any of this means you arent a doc elim, which is good for us but you can still be the Insider lol. 

EDIT

14 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

... Isn't Fae dead? We know they're not the Informant. Unless that's hidden to us.

we are in derp city

Huh. Who knew! :D.

(thank you for the assistance) 

Edit: now that we have one elim down, the remaining doc elim knows the other guy is the Informant. So why don't they just claim? 

Edited by Archer

53 minutes ago, Archer said:

Edit: now that we have one elim down, the remaining doc elim knows the other guy is the Informant. So why don't they just claim? 

42 minutes ago, Stick. said:

well no because faerie could have been the informant for all they know

Yep, that's a question I'm wondering.

But here's a thought.

It seems like the lack of an Informant claim is evidence that the elims feel at least decent about the odds of Faerie being the Informant.

If they believed it was particularly likely that the Informant was still alive, they would probably be paranoiding on each other hard right now, because in that case, whoever the last elim is knows that the other one is the traitor.

And if things were heating up in the elim doc, it would be very reasonable for the Informant to worry about being killed.

And if the Informant expected to be targeted by the NK, why wouldn't they claim and out the last doc elim?

So, my current working theory is that the elims believed Faerie was pretty plausibly the Informant.

In this case, it seems pretty likely that they would have voted for Faerie. They would be accomplishing 1 of their 2 win conditions while simultaneously netting village cred for executing somebody who flipped red. And it frees up their NK to go after the Contact, which is very probably the intent of the Aman kill, so it fits.

In conclusion, one or more Faerie voter is Evil: <Archer, RoyalBeeMage, Sart, neil the beguiled>

Archer, I'm going to give you some benefit of the doubt right now for a very elaborate derp.

Sart is Evil.

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

fair enough. hey drake, hows the doc lookin?

i just submitted the nk on u

15 minutes ago, Stick. said:

@Archer were you aware that the informant flips red? 

I feel like I read that but didn't internalize the implications properly 

Ngl the idea of elim self canibalizing has thrown a lot of my thinking for a loop. I was open to the idea of bussing being in play just because the Informant is leaking the info anyway, but the fact that the doc elims can keep the Informant in check means people probably aren't signalling to us as blatantly as I'd hoped they be. So that's lovely. 

Anyway, someone else make noise so I can evaluate you or else I'll just spin the wheel of equally likely possibilities 

I’m trying to figure out if you’re expecting the Informant to claim (outing the last Elim) or the Last Elim to claim (outing the Informant).

The second doesn’t make sense but that’s how I’m parsing what Archer is saying.

11 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

You know, I’ll vote Archer. Maybe not a doc elim, but feels a bit like an Insider.

Also I’ve seen hints that voting is important.

I liked your predecessor more :P. 

37 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I’m trying to figure out if you’re expecting the Informant to claim (outing the last Elim) or the Last Elim to claim (outing the Informant).

The second doesn’t make sense but that’s how I’m parsing what Archer is saying.

No comment on best strategy for the doc elims/informant, but I've been playing the game based on who seems like they know what they're doing. Then going with what they do. But my view of how people with roles will act has been messed up. 

3 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

im ngl still think Archer is Evil tbh

I actually have a pretty good reason I swear

I'll share it in a bit

What's your reasoning? Besides the fact that I'm the safest bet because you can expect I'd have claimed by now if I had a role. 

Stick Sart

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Archer Drake

Why would you do this thing to such an obviously village friend :(((. 

10 hours ago, Stick. said:

That said: JNV

I maintain that JNV is the least likely player to N1 Kas here but since the NK is decided through votes I don't know if that independetly should hold much stock 

@Sart why did you vote faerie over me when your e read on me was considerably stronger?

My vote was on you, Stick. The train wasn't going anywhere, so I switched off to protect myself. My gut is still leaning good on Archer, so I went to the only other person with votes Faerie. Considering they flipped red, I'm proud of that. Still have you as my highest suspicion. Like this post is just bad. You vote on JNV, but then immediately backpedal it. I don't understand this.