Mid-Range Game 66: Knights of Wind and Truth

Fifth Scholar

Ok were going for the reread cause honestly my brains like picture of empty glass or something like nothings there

Page 1 Raven RP Aeoryi banter Matrim banter Devotary talks about arranging the second place vote Archer says arranging the vote loses out on vote movements and not doing so means we help our suspects Experience banter Aeoryi ties bad because vote manip Ash RP Aeoryi banter Raven second place planning bad Ash banter Archer makes assumption about Aeoryis knowledge about exclusively negation vote manip and asks about earlier statements Raven responds to Archers question with second place bad because vote manip but plays both sides by acknowledging how other way also bad Kas banter and RP Matrim first instinct use second place vote and thinks Experience post evil Aeoryi ties bad because role loss and unpredictability from vote manip so please no vote manip also consolidate if we really want to use the second place so its not vulnerable to manip also consolidate on me sadness Kas reads list and reasoning notes weird POV from Archer and Aeoryi on ties Aeoryi banter Kas banter Aeoryi banter Kas banter Matrim banter Aeoryi banter Archer advocate for scattershot voting ties not quite as bad as Aeoryi says because elims in tie choose between supsicios vote manip or loss of power

Page 1 thoughts um ok honestly I expected Id have more thoughts anyway I think Aeoryis going in the bucket with Novel as Ive got no idea what goes on in their brain and me not feeling great about them is a non indicator cause like even in Szeths LG my evil game like I didnt feel like I could trust them so who even knows at htis point Ill figure them out later um my brains retruning weirdness on Matrims post about Experiences post but might be hindsight bias if anything I feel weirder about Archer but they just claimed so I guess their stance becomes more consistent with that as a framework maybe hm Ill look at it later Ive spent half an hour on one page and were rapidly on our way to a seventh so yeah moving on

Page 2 Me parking a vote on Experience cause I kinda thought Id just be gone rest of cycle Stink banter Raven PMs one on one Araris banter Aeoryi banter Archer lots of peole have said inactivity and apparently gets Aeoryis perspective on ties and second palce as excusable for new player but not from Matrim Aeoryi points out the status update votes Matirm on Archers supicion with apparently sahllow reasoning Archer honestly Ive got no idea what Archers saying here about what I said about my Experience vote hm is just shorthand for like raised eyebrow and closer look with more m meaning more sus if that makes esnse votes Ash no reasoning Aeoryi ask about Ash vote Ash wants to think about second place after we see how the vote manip turns out Matrim wants to avoid bad situation of caught between supsects so one dies and the other gets promoted which is just bad all around unless you catch the V E split perfectly and even then no guarantees from the outside sorta thing also supports roleless ties over death which is honestly weird to me but might just be cause I disagree also disagrees with Archer but I guess this conflcit makes more sense from the post Windrunner reveal like of course Archer wants to keep their options open and all that yadda yadda yadda also about my vote yeah it was jumping on something too easy cause I usually odnt end up voting C1 cause I dip and forget but voting has mech benefits here so yeah points out Aeoryi weirdness Aeoryi accidentally splits post something about vote manip and continuing thoughts that never end up continued so yeah dont know about that  advocates for Experience as the person who knew about the status updates so wouldnt say real connection Wit sidebar your name is cool keep it up end sidebar um just sorta exists Matrim refutes Aeoryis question Aeoryi questions Matrim was snubbed Aeoryi tries to force anlaysis into RP and doesnt do it well sidebar if youre going to do that you should sub player names with RP names otherwise its kinda not RP at all end sidebar Matrim criticces the RP analysis and like its unclear so yeah Aeoryi says bad phrasing Devotary good to have vote buffer if asking villagers to hold on vote manip but no accountability for vote manip also not killing with the exe is bad Aeoryi makes unrealistic claim about what ideal people will be on and supports vote murder Devotary consolidation bad when so early  cause stifiles discussion Wit exists Aeoryi pings everyone with questions hey by the way if youre questions arent targeted could be ood to just say general question but I do get theres a certain onus of obligation whne pinged about something specific

Page 2thoughts honestly Im feeling fine about Matrim but htat could be cause I agree with them ab it ok future JNV here there was like a big chunk of this paragraph that seems to have disappeared and I dont remember what it said so um yeah

Page 3 Raven thinks villagers shouldnt vote manip Matrim response sWit exists Aeoryi asks more questions Kas chats about me general responses yadda Raven responses Aeoryi response skas banter Aeoryi banter Matrim responses Raven response Ash responses oh by the way when I say responses I mean just like selfevident answers orta thing things that dont seem like they need tooth digging and like yes Im doing a copout cause theres two hours left in cycle and it took me three to get this far but anyway Aeoryi response sRaven doesnt have vote manip Aeoryi response Kas response sRaven responses Aeoryi responses Raven ideals good Aeoryi very awre of evil bonuses to ideals Kas responses Araris firmly agianst the second place thing votes wit Aeoryi role analysis tier list I guess dont know hwy youd o that  Kas new player misunderstanding Araris clarification

Page 3t houghts wow so much shorter when Im not actively summarising every post who wouldve guessed anyway Araris has good feels I think for strong opinions not sure hm something about the back and forth between Aeoryi and Matrim is nagging at me Ill look at it again later weve got half the turn left and not that much time

Page 4 Aeoryi clarifies Wit Kas confusion Aeoryi clarifies Kas response Aeoryi banterish Wit noncommital basically doesnt exist kind of a grr position Aeoryi passionate about alky talk honesty maybe your efforts backfired theres so much talking Kas ask Wit question Wit evades naswer Aeoryi banter Kas presse sMatrim response advocate middl ground Kas new bucket list and thoughts on Matrim Wit answering the question kas clarifiy Wit banter Matrim response Kas questions Stink banter Kas banter Devotary no ties second place not a priority focus on the vote Kas question Devotary clarifciation Stink banter

Page 4 thoughts honestly Im still feeling fine on Matrim like no red flags and yeah Wit can go in the bucket with Aeoryi and Novel and all that 

Page 5 me post Kas document peoples thoughts on second vote thinks elims have advantage in tie aeoryi banter Kas banter Archer lotta responses Ill be honest none of it made me feel better about them Fifth announcement Matrim dislikes playstyle based reads Kas new bucket Stink banter Aeoryi banter Matrim questions Kas credit Devotary Stink banter Aeoryi suspect Raven for bieng sluggish plus more questions oh I never answerd this my opinoin on Matrim is basically just fine Kas answer Aman banter Matrim repsonses Kas banter Aeoryi ok theyre taking other peoples response to them and using them to respond to tohers like not the worst strategy but it gets hard to get an opinion on them Kas  answers why suspect Ash Aeoryi banterish Kas discuss nature of voting Aman appears  Aeoryi votes Ash Kas banterish has a pool of Archer raven Ash

Page 5 thoughts I dont feel a Matrim Archer team Ive fallen into my deafult trust Aman pitfall and I dont know Im trying to output meaningful analysis and none of its sticking anyway lets just keep chugging along

Page 6 Stink banter Kas vote count and evil pool Aman case on Archer Ash reads list responses Raven Matrim vote Kas banterish questions ish Stink banter Kas banter Araris suspects Matrim in RP Aeoryi votes Archer Aman agrees wtih malleable strategy Kas RP Aeoryi suspects Archer Kas responses Aman response Archer the claim Kas night night Aman banter Kas bit of musings Stink banter  Aman shifts off archer for proof Archer explains claim a bit and pushes agianst Aman Kas evil kill doesnt help with action accountaiblity Aman goes back on Archer

Page 6 thoughts this did not help my Archer thoughts in the slightest I think Im good where I am

Ok page 7 were in the present Stink banter aman back to Matrim for unknown reason Matrim defensive about things Araris banter Aman willing to vote lesewhere Aeoryi votes Matrim for no reason Ash batner Kas banter Matrim annoyance Archer vote Aman Matrim vote Aman Aman defends self Aeoryi jumps on a wagon for no reason 

you know what Ill paragraph break this hey @Aeoryi its ok to hop on someone elses wagon but its good to fact check first tunneli s a weird phrase to use  and like doesnt feel like normal like are you just aying that ot bulk up your thing cause like if you dont have anything just say that but like doesnt feel like normal when youve already said your agianst meta reads when youve voted on both of the people youre voting with like its pretty obvious youre just hopping on the shiniest train

Ok back to where we were Aman  banter Archer disregards the later case made by aman Aeoryi hops on Raven after getting pushback Kas banter Aeoryi banter Aman response Aeoryi banter Kas thoughts Wit pops in with an Aman vote 

Anyway hi I caught up its a miracle Im satyaing on Archer I think all the Aman votes are poorly founded and kinda wierd I think @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ should vote Archer with me cause I was able to @ them haha but no seriously Im strongly against the Aman vote and will keep pushing against it um yeah I think thats that Ill get an RP post in before cycle close but Im going to post this now before there are any more dang posts

2 minutes ago, JNV said:

Ok were going for the reread cause honestly my brains like picture of empty glass or something like nothings there

Page 1 Raven RP Aeoryi banter Matrim banter Devotary talks about arranging the second place vote Archer says arranging the vote loses out on vote movements and not doing so means we help our suspects Experience banter Aeoryi ties bad because vote manip Ash RP Aeoryi banter Raven second place planning bad Ash banter Archer makes assumption about Aeoryis knowledge about exclusively negation vote manip and asks about earlier statements Raven responds to Archers question with second place bad because vote manip but plays both sides by acknowledging how other way also bad Kas banter and RP Matrim first instinct use second place vote and thinks Experience post evil Aeoryi ties bad because role loss and unpredictability from vote manip so please no vote manip also consolidate if we really want to use the second place so its not vulnerable to manip also consolidate on me sadness Kas reads list and reasoning notes weird POV from Archer and Aeoryi on ties Aeoryi banter Kas banter Aeoryi banter Kas banter Matrim banter Aeoryi banter Archer advocate for scattershot voting ties not quite as bad as Aeoryi says because elims in tie choose between supsicios vote manip or loss of power

Page 1 thoughts um ok honestly I expected Id have more thoughts anyway I think Aeoryis going in the bucket with Novel as Ive got no idea what goes on in their brain and me not feeling great about them is a non indicator cause like even in Szeths LG my evil game like I didnt feel like I could trust them so who even knows at htis point Ill figure them out later um my brains retruning weirdness on Matrims post about Experiences post but might be hindsight bias if anything I feel weirder about Archer but they just claimed so I guess their stance becomes more consistent with that as a framework maybe hm Ill look at it later Ive spent half an hour on one page and were rapidly on our way to a seventh so yeah moving on

Page 2 Me parking a vote on Experience cause I kinda thought Id just be gone rest of cycle Stink banter Raven PMs one on one Araris banter Aeoryi banter Archer lots of peole have said inactivity and apparently gets Aeoryis perspective on ties and second palce as excusable for new player but not from Matrim Aeoryi points out the status update votes Matirm on Archers supicion with apparently sahllow reasoning Archer honestly Ive got no idea what Archers saying here about what I said about my Experience vote hm is just shorthand for like raised eyebrow and closer look with more m meaning more sus if that makes esnse votes Ash no reasoning Aeoryi ask about Ash vote Ash wants to think about second place after we see how the vote manip turns out Matrim wants to avoid bad situation of caught between supsects so one dies and the other gets promoted which is just bad all around unless you catch the V E split perfectly and even then no guarantees from the outside sorta thing also supports roleless ties over death which is honestly weird to me but might just be cause I disagree also disagrees with Archer but I guess this conflcit makes more sense from the post Windrunner reveal like of course Archer wants to keep their options open and all that yadda yadda yadda also about my vote yeah it was jumping on something too easy cause I usually odnt end up voting C1 cause I dip and forget but voting has mech benefits here so yeah points out Aeoryi weirdness Aeoryi accidentally splits post something about vote manip and continuing thoughts that never end up continued so yeah dont know about that  advocates for Experience as the person who knew about the status updates so wouldnt say real connection Wit sidebar your name is cool keep it up end sidebar um just sorta exists Matrim refutes Aeoryis question Aeoryi questions Matrim was snubbed Aeoryi tries to force anlaysis into RP and doesnt do it well sidebar if youre going to do that you should sub player names with RP names otherwise its kinda not RP at all end sidebar Matrim criticces the RP analysis and like its unclear so yeah Aeoryi says bad phrasing Devotary good to have vote buffer if asking villagers to hold on vote manip but no accountability for vote manip also not killing with the exe is bad Aeoryi makes unrealistic claim about what ideal people will be on and supports vote murder Devotary consolidation bad when so early  cause stifiles discussion Wit exists Aeoryi pings everyone with questions hey by the way if youre questions arent targeted could be ood to just say general question but I do get theres a certain onus of obligation whne pinged about something specific

Page 2thoughts honestly Im feeling fine about Matrim but htat could be cause I agree with them ab it ok future JNV here there was like a big chunk of this paragraph that seems to have disappeared and I dont remember what it said so um yeah

Page 3 Raven thinks villagers shouldnt vote manip Matrim response sWit exists Aeoryi asks more questions Kas chats about me general responses yadda Raven responses Aeoryi response skas banter Aeoryi banter Matrim responses Raven response Ash responses oh by the way when I say responses I mean just like selfevident answers orta thing things that dont seem like they need tooth digging and like yes Im doing a copout cause theres two hours left in cycle and it took me three to get this far but anyway Aeoryi response sRaven doesnt have vote manip Aeoryi response Kas response sRaven responses Aeoryi responses Raven ideals good Aeoryi very awre of evil bonuses to ideals Kas responses Araris firmly agianst the second place thing votes wit Aeoryi role analysis tier list I guess dont know hwy youd o that  Kas new player misunderstanding Araris clarification

Page 3t houghts wow so much shorter when Im not actively summarising every post who wouldve guessed anyway Araris has good feels I think for strong opinions not sure hm something about the back and forth between Aeoryi and Matrim is nagging at me Ill look at it again later weve got half the turn left and not that much time

Page 4 Aeoryi clarifies Wit Kas confusion Aeoryi clarifies Kas response Aeoryi banterish Wit noncommital basically doesnt exist kind of a grr position Aeoryi passionate about alky talk honesty maybe your efforts backfired theres so much talking Kas ask Wit question Wit evades naswer Aeoryi banter Kas presse sMatrim response advocate middl ground Kas new bucket list and thoughts on Matrim Wit answering the question kas clarifiy Wit banter Matrim response Kas questions Stink banter Kas banter Devotary no ties second place not a priority focus on the vote Kas question Devotary clarifciation Stink banter

Page 4 thoughts honestly Im still feeling fine on Matrim like no red flags and yeah Wit can go in the bucket with Aeoryi and Novel and all that 

Page 5 me post Kas document peoples thoughts on second vote thinks elims have advantage in tie aeoryi banter Kas banter Archer lotta responses Ill be honest none of it made me feel better about them Fifth announcement Matrim dislikes playstyle based reads Kas new bucket Stink banter Aeoryi banter Matrim questions Kas credit Devotary Stink banter Aeoryi suspect Raven for bieng sluggish plus more questions oh I never answerd this my opinoin on Matrim is basically just fine Kas answer Aman banter Matrim repsonses Kas banter Aeoryi ok theyre taking other peoples response to them and using them to respond to tohers like not the worst strategy but it gets hard to get an opinion on them Kas  answers why suspect Ash Aeoryi banterish Kas discuss nature of voting Aman appears  Aeoryi votes Ash Kas banterish has a pool of Archer raven Ash

Page 5 thoughts I dont feel a Matrim Archer team Ive fallen into my deafult trust Aman pitfall and I dont know Im trying to output meaningful analysis and none of its sticking anyway lets just keep chugging along

Page 6 Stink banter Kas vote count and evil pool Aman case on Archer Ash reads list responses Raven Matrim vote Kas banterish questions ish Stink banter Kas banter Araris suspects Matrim in RP Aeoryi votes Archer Aman agrees wtih malleable strategy Kas RP Aeoryi suspects Archer Kas responses Aman response Archer the claim Kas night night Aman banter Kas bit of musings Stink banter  Aman shifts off archer for proof Archer explains claim a bit and pushes agianst Aman Kas evil kill doesnt help with action accountaiblity Aman goes back on Archer

Page 6 thoughts this did not help my Archer thoughts in the slightest I think Im good where I am

Ok page 7 were in the present Stink banter aman back to Matrim for unknown reason Matrim defensive about things Araris banter Aman willing to vote lesewhere Aeoryi votes Matrim for no reason Ash batner Kas banter Matrim annoyance Archer vote Aman Matrim vote Aman Aman defends self Aeoryi jumps on a wagon for no reason 

you know what Ill paragraph break this hey @Aeoryi its ok to hop on someone elses wagon but its good to fact check first tunneli s a weird phrase to use  and like doesnt feel like normal like are you just aying that ot bulk up your thing cause like if you dont have anything just say that but like doesnt feel like normal when youve already said your agianst meta reads when youve voted on both of the people youre voting with like its pretty obvious youre just hopping on the shiniest train

Ok back to where we were Aman  banter Archer disregards the later case made by aman Aeoryi hops on Raven after getting pushback Kas banter Aeoryi banter Aman response Aeoryi banter Kas thoughts Wit pops in with an Aman vote 

Anyway hi I caught up its a miracle Im satyaing on Archer I think all the Aman votes are poorly founded and kinda wierd I think @ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ should vote Archer with me cause I was able to @ them haha but no seriously Im strongly against the Aman vote and will keep pushing against it um yeah I think thats that Ill get an RP post in before cycle close but Im going to post this now before there are any more dang posts

I've never seen something with less punctuation but yeah I should actually go read the cycle and it

3 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm slightly more leaning toward v!Archer rn, despite my annoyance :P Wit seems opportunistic tho.

Hhhhhhhhh

Fine I'll do reads

May I recommend myself for the exe if anyone feelsbad about voting anyone else?

I think I'm too rusty for SE I am legit taking turns to paranoid on the next poster >>

Edited to add:

@Amanuensis Serious question. If you are potentially up for the exe now and I'm not remotely tracking the movements as I'm still tired—are there any key suspicions you want followed up on.

Edited to add 2: Or just reads in general.

Edited to add 3: And Devo shows up, the latest episode in SE makjang...

Edited by Kasimir

16 minutes ago, JNV said:

When I am mostly guessing right now, that does have sway…

16 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm slightly more leaning toward v!Archer rn, despite my annoyance :P Wit seems opportunistic tho.

Did I mention that I am mostly guessing?

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I think I'm too rusty for SE I am legit taking turns to paranoid on the next poster >>

I will vote myself before voting you Kas

Okay RAVEN:

On 11/4/2023 at 6:49 PM, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Death-daughter-Time did not like how tense things were. She had never liked tense environments, she preferred for everybody except her to be drunk, and about to sign their lives away to her, yet did not realize until it was too late. Her spren, Bobathan, didn’t particularly like that, but Death thought that the other radiants cared too much about what their sprens thought. Not that they weren’t nice people. Both the spren and the radiants could be considered nice people, if you looked for that.

Death did not look for that. She was much too preoccupied.

Death had secrets of her own, yet nothing nearly as big as whatever secret these non-loyal knights had. One of the biggest secrets she kept was that she wasn’t actually Shin. And that most of the business dealings she did, especially at the beginning of her career, she couldn’t have done without her father. And that she wasn’t nearly as poor as she seemed.

Bobathan didn’t like the way she made her business dealings, but, Death felt that she needed to have control over situations. Getting everyone else drunk was the easiest way to do that.

Still there were…other methods.

Death headed towards the field. Bobathan was nowhere to be found. Death didn’t bother looking for him. She ducked into an alleyway to redo the makeup to make her look Shin—if she wasn’t Alethi than future business prospects would be more sympathetic to her—and  looked around, to see which of the Radiants had left the group. Who could it be… who could it be indeed.

RP. Doesn't actually make another RP post after. Kinda strange.

On 11/4/2023 at 9:46 PM, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Risky because of vote manip. Of course, the opposite would be bad if we had two elim suspects, and we exed one but the other swore an ideal. 

Nai

On 11/5/2023 at 12:07 PM, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I agree about the PMs, the way it specifies a player makes it seem like it is only one.

NAI: clarifying one of the rules

22 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I think that vote manip is something that should be used sparingly by the village. The democratic function that exists in this game is usually a good one, and by village I think it should only be used in ties and/or very close votes where the person with vote manip is near certain that it is one of the people. And, of course, when they could/will be voted out. The elims will use it to defend themselves, obviously, and also sometimes to arouse suspicion on others by making it seem like they have vote manip.

I'm more curious about the last part there. "The elims will use it to defend themselves, obviously, and also sometimes to arouse suspicion on others by making it seem like they have vote manip."

Semi-flawed reasoning, although I could see an Elim blaming others for vote manip. The thing is; in a life-or-death situation, the villager could just claim. All roles are provable. 

I rank this N+

22 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

The situations I mentioned above, if I was very certain of it being a certain person or in a tie. And if I would otherwise be voted out, probably.

I do find that I’m pretty dictionary/encyclopedia-like, at least in speech. In this case it’s just what I happened to think, though.

(I might have missed a reply here)

The first chunk is answering a question. It's a response. Minimal, but okay.

I feel like the second chunk is more of a rather weak arguementb to try and defend himself. Strange that he "finds himself more dictionary/encyclopedia-like" but also:

21 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

That was both of our first games, but you did your research and I…didn’t 🤦. To answer your question: Strong suspicion. If somebody is acting quite elimmy but others don’t think so, or if we had a PM interaction that could have been less suspicious on their part.

Yeah. This is a sort of contradiction? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but maybe it was in reference to something else.

Would only use vote manip if very strong suspicion.

I’d protect someone only if I could change the vote to a more plausible elim suspect. I don’t have vote manip, though, so I can’t actually protect someone. I’ll reveal that much about myself….

Denies having vote manip. But yeah. Answer is in line with the other ones too.

Ideals are important and should probably be sworn, as they would be quite helpful. I myself am looking forward to getting my second surge (if I don’t die soon) and the other features seem good. The main thing that worries me is how the elims get an extra life on their fourth? ideal.

Lack of understanding of the rules: an Elim would probably be more aware of them. More NaI(+) than anything.

Interesting about wanting the next ideal but not actually RPing for it. Kinda strange.

4 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Sorry, I was gone, and I have a dentist’s appointment soon so I’ll have to go, but right now:

Matrim’s Dice seems the most elimmy at the moment, but he’s closely followed by Aeoryi with all the questions she’s been asking. Then again, that very well might mean absolutely nothing. Honestly, you seem the pretty village to me right now, along with JNV. I do think that there’s a good chance of Aman (former Experience) being elim, since Experience might have decided not to do the game because he could not be a consistent elim, but I’m probably reading too much into it.

Hm.  

Finally some reads or suspicions.

So overall, NaI(+) read on Raven.

Ravenclawjedi42

Also I will probably do mat or aman next

46 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

The misrepresentation here is a lil silly :P I didn't come in hot, unless you consider putting a vote down after pinch hitting to a game with ~12 hours in the first cycle left as coming in hot. Or unless you think Kas publicly asking me to explain my thoughts, and my subsequent articulation of my C1 suspicious of Archer, as coming in hot. Sorry for contributing? Also sorry for reevaluating? And mercy? Same game different month I swear smh

I mean, I would consider a multi-pointed Archer case with a redundant second vote and extra colored orange text "coming in hot" :P Though your later points about your hedgy statements are fair contradictions of this. 

28 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

And so the Aman gambit begins

No

Disagree

This is where I get in the state I was last game where I feel like you have to be village for engagement reasons but also you keep doing things I do not understand :|.

20 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Wit seems opportunistic tho.

This is objectively true. But he was so pure early on I'm hesitant. Your train feels wrong though, it picked up too fast. But every time I think that I remember the time I panic-unvoted e!xino for the same reason. Circles within circles.

15 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Kas, some day you will remember that no one wants to do this :P. We'll vote you if we think you're evil and not a second before.

I want a VC before unvoting Aman lol

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

TYVM, Good Sir GM, Sir!

Based on past experience, I expect the opposite, personally :P 

I was going to make a comment about me not being here, but then I learned how to read. Also what's your Raven case?

Heck yeah brother!

Hi Aeoryi! Glad to see you've stuck around!

Sure.

1. I want to kill Archer with fire. Mostly cuz of vibes. (and no I'm not a dustyboi)
  2. RE: 2nd-place-vote-gaining-power, in an ideal world (heh... get it... ideal!), the village is best off being proactive about it, but alas, reality is seldom ideal, so at best I expect us to collectively keep track and police our neighbours or w/e.
  3. I'm gonna have to force myself to RP aren't I? My brain has not been cooperating in the writing department lately, but as a firm advocate of RP-contribution-role-systems, it'd be a shame if I slipped through the cracks
  4. Everyone other than Archer and Kasimir is basically Null rn. 
  5. BONUS: I am so not used to the site update lol. What do you mean the edit button is in a drop down menu on the top right of posts now? GAH!

🤫

ALSO can I get a VC plz

ED2T:

Everyone feel free to ask me lots of specific questions about anything game related so I can get my brain on the right track o7

Uh yeah this is an opening post and a half.

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Pun always intended!

Also, rude!

Weird D&D Friends mashup sounds lit tho :o glad you're here nonetheless o7

Fair enough. My initial read of them has been 'sensible,' which probably tells me more about them as a person rather than as a player in this game. I'll look back at their content and keep an eye on them going forward to see if anything sticks out.

IDK about a Archer case but I'll attempt to articulate my feelings

• Initial stance on the second most votes = sworn ideal thing feels... naive, for lack of a better word? Disarming? I kinda like the second word more cause that's the vibe I'm getting off Archer this game in general. Almost like he's advocating complacence?
  • His votes so far feel more low-effort / toothless than I'd expect from him. To demonstrate, here's some quotes

:ph34r:

(This moment is odd to me because he's already admitted his Ash vote is just... because... so why not leave it on Exp / why go back at all?)

And he switches to Devo in a very unserious way, which to me feels like he's not very invested in the result of the exe today.

• He's also fixated on Mat a couple times without actually voting him, which feels like a very E!Archer thing to me, though I'm not sure if there's necessarily a historical precedence for that. I feel like in the case of V!Archer fixating on Mat, he usually pushes harder / redder. I'd quote but eh, just the ones above were more work than I thought they'd be, so I recommend going through his last few posts to see what I mean.

And some minor / supplementary things

• Potential slip with the whole "shoot" thing
  • Already hit today's RP ideal goal
  • Lots of words, and thus an equal amount of contribution (theoretically), but it feels a little empty / destinationless, if that makes sense. The journey might be (debatedly) more important than the end, however, it mostly feels fluffy or semanticsy to me, in a way that evokes "I'm a bad boi who doesn't want people to think I'm a bad boi"

I think there was one or two more things but my attention span is slipping. Would rather do some shorter back and forth posts with players than any cases/essays or the like, tbh :P

TL;DR ARCHER BAD 😠

ED1T:

Slander! Lies and slander!

TY

This seems like the weirdest second post either. A fair bit of tunneling, too.

4 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I think you're views are correct here. Explicitly vigshooting all second place votes is certainly a good way to deter elims from accumulating that power too quickly, but naturally that comes with the risk of us maiming our own, so I think rather than having a hard-and-fast rule, we're better off staying vigilant of the game state and making the right adjustments at half time.

Looking forward to the results :D

I'd expect elims to go for any and all available powers as swiftly as possible, yeah. Of course, this should be what every player is doing, but we also know that's rarely what happens on either team, due to a wide variety of factors (motivation, time, whim, etc). So it's not really a strong point for e!Archer, imo, but something I felt worth noting nonetheless. That + I do think Archer is the type of elim who would always go for the practical power boost and get it done regardless of their circumstances. (ED1T: I suppose Archer is the type of villager who would do that too :P I just also think v!Archer would have more oomph here)

Sorta? I'm probably not explaining it well enough (I slept terribly last night and the mental exhaustion is hitting me), but I think it's a perspective thing too? I'm trying to understand the place Archer is coming from / what his goals are, and they don't inherently feel V-sided, if that makes sense.

I might be down for a Mat vote btw :ph34r:

Strange push (yet more subtle) for archer again. 

And mat.

Whyyyyy 

The stance on ideals is quite general, but not "get out of my face" general, which is a decent indicator.

3 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Tbh I could see a e!Archer/e!Mat world, if that’s what you mean (shading his partner without voting because it’s expected of Archer to fixate on Mat, but he still wants a Villager dead instead).

You’ll have to remind me which game 94 was 😛 or more specifically, the context of the sphincter tightening 😂 I’m pretty sure I misunderstood what you were getting at there with shooting the second most voted player, though. I shy away from black and white thinking in general, especially when based on speculating scenarios that haven’t happened yet.

And TBF to Fifth, if I did pinch hit into elim, that’s not really his fault 😛 Exp would have been the choice to be evil and I reckon I was slotted in as a PH before others simply because I was the most readily available.

C1s are hard what can I say

Archer (3): Aman, JNV, Aeoryi
Mat (2): Raven, Araris
Raven (1): Kas
JNV (1): Mat
Devo (1): Archer
Nobody (): Devo, Wit, Ash, STINK, TJ

Strange defense but it's interesting 

2 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I just noticed it lmao. Btw who you wanna vote?

@Fifth Scholar back to Mat

Strange voting patterns

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

That's very fair, and I'm sorry for putting you into that position! I'm open to voting elsewhere, hence me throwing a vote on Archer opposition with no public explanation :P 

Hence me throwing a vote on Archer seems a little weird.

52 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

The misrepresentation here is a lil silly :P I didn't come in hot, unless you consider putting a vote down after pinch hitting to a game with ~12 hours in the first cycle left as coming in hot. Or unless you think Kas publicly asking me to explain my thoughts, and my subsequent articulation of my C1 suspicious of Archer, as coming in hot. Sorry for contributing? Also sorry for reevaluating? And mercy? Same game different month I swear smh

Yeah. People often underappreciate pinch-hitters- unless you need one. 

But yeah the contributions have been ash level this far so...

48 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Hopefully I don't have to be the one to address a certain pattern that's developing here :P

You never addressed it, would you like to?

36 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:
  1. Because of a fire joke? Lol. "Mostly vibes."  "Everyone else is basically null." "IDK about a Archer case but I'll attempt to articulate my feelings." It's like you guys don't even read my posts, you just see my name/PFP and get scared 🙄
  2. Have you seen me RP? It's obviously not a priority, silly goose :P ED1T: @Archer Not to mention that RP point was under "And some minor / supplementary things" ED2T: @Archer And the fact that I said this: "I suppose Archer is the type of villager who would do that too," which clearly indicated reevaluation before your Windrunner claim / me deciding to be nice smh
  3. Surely you know Kas and I have been PMing this entire time discussing the game, and surely you know I don't always spill every single bean in thread when I can instead be looking for reactions / baiting votes

ED3T: Like, part of my bafflement is only my first post exists within a vacuum. Everything else was a result of someone coaxing more out of me :P I.E. Kas asked me if I thought if elims would gun for RP Ideals, so I gave the objectively correct answer. 

Yeah most of these read NAI+ 

26 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

That vote on Wit seems opportunistic tho

So overall I don't know what Archer is getting at but I understand that sometimes the instinct is to exe all that oppose you 

Journey before destination. Like the first two oaths, the third was a reminder. Don't count your axehounds before they've hatched. The grain would ripen, but only if you took the time now to take care of it. And Aradon supposed that right now, as they neared the time to decide who would be executed, focusing on the journey was not merely honorable, but also practical. Scribes were keeping records of all the conversations today, and even if a traitor wasn't caught, surely the records would be invaluable on the morrow.

Despite his rest, a strange weariness plagued Aradon when he returned to the field at day's end. Something that refused to give way to the urge of a breath of Stormlight to move, to act. Spark seemed unsettled by his mood, and by what the darkening sky promised. Yet Aradon's oaths compelled him to at least listen to the flying accusations. And fly they did. A single logicspren appeared for a moment, a tiny thunderhead over the head of a Knight he couldn't make out the face of. But far more common were those spren tied to emotions. A few violet hands had begun to wriggle through the floor near Gen-ku's feet, at least briefly. The whole spectacle was nearly too much to take in, but Aradon gave the best he was able.

And as the sun inched ever closer to the horizon, Aradon realized more and more that this journey was far from over. Even the execution of a traitor today would just the the first step of several.

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

So overall I don't know what Archer is getting at but I understand that sometimes the instinct is to exe all that oppose you 

I laughed. I'm sorry. I am rapidly understanding and not for the first time while Wilson and Alv thought murdering all their suspects was an effective method of problem solving.

10 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

This is where I get in the state I was last game where I feel like you have to be village for engagement reasons but also you keep doing things I do not understand :|.

More or less my position now. Or to spell it out: I agree Aeoryi could be a strong E player and maybe we're discovering this, but I would struggle to hold this amount of thread, more so if she's also active in PMs (IDK don't ask me), and doc at the same time. At some point, something's got to give. I agree I'm not a strong E player so I'm not a good yardstick but it's not easy to handle that amount of activity switching/energy and I think it's fair to prima facie V read on that basis.

12 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

This is objectively true. But he was so pure early on I'm hesitant. Your train feels wrong though, it picked up too fast. But every time I think that I remember the time I panic-unvoted e!xino for the same reason. Circles within circles.

Can I just vote everyone
Every train is terrible!

I'm going back and forth on Wit, to be fair. I think Devo had a decent point about Wit being better supported with teammates but I have wondered at points if he's specifically running a FNG play.

13 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Kas, some day you will remember that no one wants to do this :P. We'll vote you if we think you're evil and not a second before.

I think sometimes all the options are ethically feelsbad ones and I'm the one candidate I can ethically feelok about advocating for. I'm serious about being the 'a plague on both your houses' guy - I genuinely cannot say I feel I have a basis for V!reading Aman at this juncture. At the same time, I don't really want to C1 Aman. That's not a thing I'm ever going to back.

Archer's response to the votes unsettles me and echoes of E!Archer in the way he responds. At the same time, I can categorically say the fact I was refusing to vote Archer still is indicative I wasn't fully convinced by Aman's case. 

I think in terms of strong categorical stuff I'm most powerfully against voting Aeo or Araris today, with a side of you. I feel that these three are partly reason-backed. I am not going to vote Aman (I think a pragmatic case can be made for this), and I'd prefer not to vote STINK C1. I have light reason to favour not voting JNV at this juncture too, I think.

I...can't fully say voting Devo makes sense to me.

Back to the merry-go-round I guess. Wit???

2 hours ago, STINK said:

Also with the site upgrade has anyone else pointed out how Kas' images now show up on the right sidebar when you're on the thread

Beautiful 💖

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

TBH not really :P I'd have a more firm vote if I had any solid suspicions at this stage

I flipped a coin

8 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean, I would consider a multi-pointed Archer case with a redundant second vote and extra colored orange text "coming in hot" :P Though your later points about your hedgy statements are fair contradictions of this. 

No

Disagree

I want a VC before unvoting Aman lol

Gah who do I vote for?

Ok

RP time:

The day was drawing to a close, and saffron despised it. 

End of the day voting was about as much of a mess as ashbringer predicted it to be.

"What's going on? Where's the votes at?" Questions were flying everywhere. 

JNV had wanted to know why he had voted on trains so many times in a row.

The answer was simple. "Voting shouldn't be based on who has more votes, but rather who has the most suspicion."

The inkspren replied, "You don't even have suspicion. You can't even vote."

Saffron nodded, "No, I cannot decide. There just aren't any indicators."

Archer was a windrunner. 

"Archer is fine, I think." Saffron said softly.

"You mean to vote on?" The inkspren exclaimed, jumping up and down for emphasis, "You can't possibly vote on Archer! He hasn't done much wrong."

"We'll see about that," Saffron said, "But I don't want to Vote Archer. Or Kas. Both seem to be putting a bunch of effort into this game."

Devo. A silent one, it seemed. Araris was also taking that path.

"What about mat?" The inkspren offered.

Saffron shook his head. "No. Even though something is off, it isn't enough to vote on him."

The inkspren said, "What about Raven?"

"He seems fine..." Saffron said, "For now. He's as hard to get a good grasp on as an edgedancer."

There was one name that neither mentioned, but both knew the other was thinking about.

Aman.

It was going well for him until he mentioned that everything was a reaction test.

"Seems a bit desperate, and unless Kas can affirm to it, it holds no value," the inkspren said.

Saffron agreed. "It has to happen. He has many strange takes. Many strange reasons, and a lot of backtrack."

How certain was he? Not certain.

But without taking responsibility, one could not ever walk the path of a radiant.

It was strength before weakness, after all.

Just now, Amanuensis said:
Aman (2): Archer, Mat, Wit, Aeoryi
Raven (): Kas, Aman,
Archer (1): JNV
Nobody (4): Devo, Ash, STINK, TJ

Updated VC

Heres my third RP post and Im formally checking out of thread good night everyone Im just going to eat my chouta

Jenel took a deep breath and watched the chaos. Now that they'd finally caught up on everything, they felt significantly less obligation to enter what was quickly becoming a death spiral of accusations. No, they would just sit, observe, and eat some chouta. It was a nice night when you didn't pay attention to the clanking of armor from knights furiously pacing back and forth. A cool breeze and the stars shining overhead. It was the almost sort of night where you could think good things would await you on the morrow. Almost. With the discussion still going, there would be no peaceful reflection. Just suspicion and distrustful expressions as people tucked daggers beneath their pillows. There would be no peace for quite some time. 

At least they had chouta. It was very good and fresh enough to not be soggy yet. This variety had both meatballs and small cremling claws, and the seasoning was rich. They almost wanted to savor it, though they knew from experience that waiting too long would make the delicious fried bread a wet mess that could tear and let the meat fall through. There would always be more chouta. But still, the urge to make it last was there.

Raven (1): Kas
JNV (1): Mat
Devo (1): Archer
Aman (4): Archer, Mat, Wit, Aeoryi
Wit (3): Aman, Kas, Devo
Nobody (): Ash, STINK, TJ

Wit.

This was a mess. Orotha hadn't thought winnowing the camp of Knights Radiant would require quite so much detective work. She'd written back to Slani, asking if she could be informed of which 'Knights' were fighting for the right side and were safe to approach, but the return message had been written to the Rhythm of Craving. Either Slani didn't know who the other Singer supporters were, or she felt that information wouldn't help Orotha in her own task.

She wrote back to Slani one more time, with the names of Aman, Phil, Shay, and Death-daughter-Time, asking whether any should be spared, and had received a message written to the Rhythm of Indifference. The decision was up to her and Iolea.

"I'd rather kill Phil than Death," Orotha confided. "A Windrunner is less likely to be on our side."

"Too late for that!" Iolea replied. "Both have only a single accuser."

"It's between Shay and Aman then? Shay and Phil were fighting, which makes me support the former."

"Hmm, but the two were awful quick to join together against Aman. They could be working together."

"And that means what? That they're both on our side? Or they just made a temporary alliance because they were the two highest suspects?"

"You're the surgebinder! It's your choice!"

"How delightful. What about Aman? Where did he come from? What does he want?"

"I don't know, sorry. I interviewed every surgebinder as they came in but he wasn't there when we got here. I think he's Gen_ku's cousin."

"Not afraid to die and not yet willing to condemn anyone so he might live. Is he an enemy of Shay or not?"

"Phil, Shay, Aman, and Aeoryi should all fight for the Singers alongside us. We could all overpower the remainder of this group with ease."

"I don't think it works like that."

"Huff. Just pick something."

"Oh look, here comes the Knight who compares killing people like us to exterminating food pests."

"He's not saying anything so he's stuck on Shay. He just wants those ideals."

"So do we I guess. More power will help. Right up until it doesn't.""

"Knights Radiant kill Singers because it materially benefits them, not because their oaths compel them to atrocity."

"Are you sure?"

"Now you're just distracting yourself from making an accusation. Just pick something. You've been obvious about our loyalties, if any Knight out there was a Singer supporter and didn't want you to kill them, they would have told you about it."

"Huggggh so many new votes. Agh. I guess Aman is dying? That doesn't seem right. Are we voting Wit? Is that what we're doing? Why this."

"We still have 30 minutes left to make another vote, just go for something. You can change it later."

Actual question. Do we want Wit to get an extra Ideal? >>

Edited to add:

'Cause ngl I'm this close to giving Mat a heart attack by pulling off Wit and going to him despite what I said earlier.

Edited by Kasimir

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Not really. If I'm to die, maybe we just promote Kas? @Matrim's Dice you can go back to voting me btw, it's chill 

Aman (3): Archer, Wit, Aeoryi
Wit (2): Kas, Devo
Kas (1): Aman
Nobody (4): Mat, Ash, STINK, TJ
Edited by Amanuensis

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I wouldn’t mind it I suppose. I’d prefer getting Archer up (or me :P) but amidst all this EoD madness I’m starting to understand why people weren’t too keen on the idea of planning for this >>

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Hm. I don't know if wallposting after people ask you to contribute more counts as V!indicative. I do appreciate the effort, however.

... well I'm gonna do it again :P

4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

You don't feel TJ is better off being replaced by a PH?

Eh? I didn't realize we had so many at first. Either way, depends if that happens now or later. Makes Wit a more appetizing target though IMO.

4 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Tfw Ash makes a better Archer push than Aman did 🤔

I mean, there are answers to that question. I'm just curious if they're good ones.

3 hours ago, Archer said:

With regards to my voting, normally I'd hop around more, but I was really feeling the Ash train until I lost my nerve to murder a returning player. Again, Ash was reactive and tried to reframe the narrative in a way he can defend against (responding to someone asking what has Ash done with not much lol.) So I went for Devo. 

Reluctant role claim: I am a Windrunner. Granting me adhesion because our GM has a sense of humor. So my stance on close votes has evolved a bit over the course of the round, because I benefit from being able to mess with them. It was the discussion topic I'd planned for the round, but I had to backpedal a bit based on my personal incentives. I basically just put the onus on y'all to decide and benefited either way :P. 

... huh.

Two things. One: there really was no Ash Train. You voted on me, people talked about me, nobody else actually voted on me until after you took your vote off of me. I think it's still just one vote (although need to look at page 8... scary). Two: is that reframing a narrative? I'm not saying I haven't done much in terms of me not doing anything actively suspicious, I'm saying I haven't accomplished anything, which as Kas and others pointed out means there's not a lot of incentive to work to keep me alive. I'm saying I'm aware of that, and am working to change it. Although whether I changed it before you changed your vote... not sure about that.

... okay that's reframing a narrative, but I would argue back to it's original frame :P

And a roleclaim. Hmm. A bit confusing on why that would make your close vote stance evolve, unless you only realized what Adhesion did halfway through the cycle.

Mat, I didn’t really have any reasons for voting you so I think I’ll change it. I’ll hop aboard the Aman train, however, for the reasons mentioned above about Experience. 

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

We could try for 

Wit (4)  and Aman (3), since tbh I trust Aman more

But then vote manip

It's up to you I'll be k doing either

I trust Wit more than Aman then, and I don’t think he should get exed this cycle and I definitely don’t think we should give Aman an ideal. Anyone want to join me in getting him out last minute?

Edited by Ravenclawjedi42
Pronouns