Long Game 97: Midnight Whimsy

Szeth_Pancakes

3 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

^my role claim here^

Okay so what happened was this related to the death of the florist

Why are you claiming in response to my post? I didn’t ask for claims, and vote manip doesn’t have anything at all to do with the kill not happening.

Edit: I will say that I find it unlikely that e!Aeoryi roleclaims without prompting. I’m not sure anyone but myself has really gone after her so I can’t see the motivation.

Edited by Araris Valerian

7 hours ago, Frustration said:

So, I think that means we killed the floral.

Pretty sure that might not be possible. At least, I checked if [real life] violence could be used to take them out, and got told that wasn't possible.

Not sure what I think of the sudden roleclaiming unrelated to the actual question at hand. Could just be enthusiastic villagers, but could also be elims trying to build up a last-second alibi.

Also not entirely sure what tot hink about the immediate roleblock assumption, given that it could have been a protect, though I suppose people could have assumed it would be listed in the writeup before the GM threw doubt on that.

Araris is and remains among my top subjects, but I'm not certain to what degree I want to lock in that train this early.

Instead, I'll vote TKN. I don't like their position in the Archer train. Retaliation votes at that point in the game aren't really where a villager should be imo, and I don't like the 'forgot I had a vote' excuse at all.

10 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I repeat. Roleclaiming is not helpful. All it does is tell the elims who to kill. Please stop unless you blocked the kill :P

Araris

We're basically dead anyway, might as well give it a shot and see what we can piece together.

11 hours ago, Frustration said:

This had to have been a protector, as mind mages can't protect someone, and fighters need three charges in order to use their abilities, which makes today the first time they could do anything.

What do you mean couldnt someone have been tapping every turn and have three top of last night

Also its interesting Szeth quoted Aeoryi to answer mmy question don tknow if that means anything but its interesting

8 hours ago, DeTess said:

Pretty sure that might not be possible. At least, I checked if [real life] violence could be used to take them out, and got told that wasn't possible.

Not sure what I think of the sudden roleclaiming unrelated to the actual question at hand. Could just be enthusiastic villagers, but could also be elims trying to build up a last-second alibi.

Also not entirely sure what tot hink about the immediate roleblock assumption, given that it could have been a protect, though I suppose people could have assumed it would be listed in the writeup before the GM threw doubt on that.

Araris is and remains among my top subjects, but I'm not certain to what degree I want to lock in that train this early.

Instead, I'll vote TKN. I don't like their position in the Archer train. Retaliation votes at that point in the game aren't really where a villager should be imo, and I don't like the 'forgot I had a vote' excuse at all.

"Could be elims making a last minute alabi"

I mentioned N2 that we were too frosted to really make any significant progress. So I proposed the idea of roleclaiming to actually get momentum for village. And it's not like my role is important, but it at least demands that people respond. And when people respond, we can clear them village or we can clear them Elim. 

A whole lot of people mentioned that they didn't have any reads since there hasn't been a whole lot of activity

I mean we can't really have a writeup for a protect. The florist is dead (probably). The GM has been complained. There was no write up. Roleblocks traditionally don't have a writeup.

if you say Araris sus then vote on him. TKN is fine imo they normally seem to be like this.

Okay, I'm reading back through everyone on the player list.

TKN: Hasn't made much of a contribution to the game (yeah yeah, pot kettle black). Has claimed a village read on Mat, an elim read on Aeoryi, disapproved the plan to have everyone grab investiture, and voted Archer D2 without justification. I empathize with not being thrilled about the blackout nature of the game but that doesn't change that there really isn't a lot to go on here. No problem exing TKN

Mat: I like this post from D1 a lot:

I don't like your Archer vote because it's based mainly on a disagreement of principle. Sure, you can say an elim would look for an easy way out of voting, but that's not how Archer plays.

Given that Archer is confirmed village and is a player that would be nice to exe as an elim, this is where my village read of Mat comes from. He's also been generally engaged with solving the game.

Aeoryi: Like I said, my gut read of Aeoryi was elim, but reading back, she reads more like a villager just working things out. My current thought is that if she is elim, she'd be bouncing some of her thoughts off of her team, but that doesn't really reflect in her posts. Could be off here, because this depends on who those theoretical teammates are. I found this interesting:

Lets try not to exe stink d2 please this time. Unless something spills outta him.

@Aeoryi, any reason you don't/didn't want STINK exed?
Don't think exing Aeoryi makes sense right now.

DeTess: My recent gut read of DeTess was village. Based on her first post D1, it seems like she has an item or something that refers either to "In Game" or "Real Life". She's in favor of villagers passing charges, and voted Exp for suggesting not to. Not really liking this list:

Okay, nearly got sniped by the exe D1, so this is a promising start of the game. Historically speaking this would mean Mat is an elim, but I'll try to look closer at vote shenanigans later.

I'm getting worrying vibes from Aeoryi. They seem to be playing quite different from last game. Maybe its just the early pressure on them, but it might also be an elim tell.

Archer is also giving me worrying vibes. His focus on Szeth here feels like it might be a smokescreen? I usually get bad vibes from Archer though.

Archer is village and I just explained why I think the other two are as well. Later DeTess backs off on Mat. She has a reads list but it didn't really give me a feel for her. After rereading things I'd actually be okay voting DeTess today.

JNV: Offered me a "thing in GM PM" swap, which seems village-minded to me. Seems on-board with using the complaints to kill lots of folks. Has been suspicious of TKN and Aeoryi, otherwise hasn't posted a ton. I would only exe JNV after both DeTess and TKN I think.

Mark: Reads Exp village for mentioning something that's a bad idea. Is opposed to exing Szeth. Votes DeTess. Then makes this comment:

• Someone else already mentioned this (Mat or Archer, I think), but Devo's death and DeTess claiming Devo was passing them investiture N1 to me soft-clears DeTess (assuming the elim teams works like any other normal elim team, mechanics wise - maybe they can only kill people who pass investiture, and there are very few mages, idk it could be anything). In any case, this kinda makes me question the other people who voted for experience. I could easily see an elim with few directions to vote hopping onto DeTess's reasoning for Exp, given that, I believe DeTess was the first one to vote for Exp out of the 3 votes finally in the tally (will have to verify this fact, not 100% sure). 
    Also kinda explains DeTess's reaction to Exp's statement about investitute passing, now that I think of it. 

This is a valid point about DeTess. It seems a little counterproductive to kill someone passing you charges. But if DeTess is roleless then getting passed charges doesn't really help since you can only pass one at a time anyways. Overall I have a good read on Mark after rereading him, would not exe.

Frustration: Votes Aeoryi D1. Then votes DeTess D2. Not a lot else here. I can't say I'd have any qualms about exing her

STINK: Has IRL reasons to be inactive early, then shows up D2 with a vote on Archer. I do like his comments about voting for the GM and about pointless reads.

Some VC stuff (bold green is confirmed village, non-bold is based on the above reads):

Spoiler

D1:
Experience (3): DeTess, Aeoryi, Devotary
Szeth (2): Archer, JNV
DeTess (2): Mark, Matrim
Archer (1): Experience
Aeoryi (1): Frustration
Mark (1): Araris

D2:
Araris (1): DeTess
TKN (1): Matrim 
DeTess (1): Frustration
Archer (3): Stink, TKN, Mark
Szeth_Pancakes (2): Archer, Aeoryi
Aeoryi (1): Araris

Seems like a DeTess, TKN, JNV/Frustration team works pretty well here. Gonna start with TKN because of Mark's comment about the Devo kill.

@Frustration, @JNV, @STINK, I'd like to hear some reads and/or votes from y'all, since you mostly came up blank when I was rereading.

40 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

TKN: Hasn't made much of a contribution to the game (yeah yeah, pot kettle black). Has claimed a village read on Mat, an elim read on Aeoryi, disapproved the plan to have everyone grab investiture, and voted Archer D2 without justification. I empathize with not being thrilled about the blackout nature of the game but that doesn't change that there really isn't a lot to go on here. No problem exing TKN

Given that Archer is confirmed village and is a player that would be nice to exe as an elim, this is where my village read of Mat comes from. He's also been generally engaged with solving the game.

Aeoryi: Like I said, my gut read of Aeoryi was elim, but reading back, she reads more like a villager just working things out. My current thought is that if she is elim, she'd be bouncing some of her thoughts off of her team, but that doesn't really reflect in her posts. Could be off here, because this depends on who those theoretical teammates are. I found this interesting:

DeTess: My recent gut read of DeTess was village. Based on her first post D1, it seems like she has an item or something that refers either to "In Game" or "Real Life". She's in favor of villagers passing charges, and voted Exp for suggesting not to. Not really liking this list:

Archer is village and I just explained why I think the other two are as well. Later DeTess backs off on Mat. She has a reads list but it didn't really give me a feel for her. After rereading things I'd actually be okay voting DeTess today.

JNV: Offered me a "thing in GM PM" swap, which seems village-minded to me. Seems on-board with using the complaints to kill lots of folks. Has been suspicious of TKN and Aeoryi, otherwise hasn't posted a ton. I would only exe JNV after both DeTess and TKN I think.

Mark: Reads Exp village for mentioning something that's a bad idea. Is opposed to exing Szeth. Votes DeTess. Then makes this comment:

This is a valid point about DeTess. It seems a little counterproductive to kill someone passing you charges. But if DeTess is roleless then getting passed charges doesn't really help since you can only pass one at a time anyways. Overall I have a good read on Mark after rereading him, would not exe.

Frustration: Votes Aeoryi D1. Then votes DeTess D2. Not a lot else here. I can't say I'd have any qualms about exing her

STINK: Has IRL reasons to be inactive early, then shows up D2 with a vote on Archer. I do like his comments about voting for the GM and about pointless reads.

Some VC stuff (bold green is confirmed village, non-bold is based on the above reads):

Reveal hidden contents

D1:

D2:

Seems like a DeTess, TKN, JNV/Frustration team works pretty well here. Gonna start with TKN because of Mark's comment about the Devo kill.

@Frustration, @JNV, @STINK, I'd like to hear some reads and/or votes from y'all, since you mostly came up blank when I was rereading.

Bro I have no idea, most of these people are new to me XP was the only one I really knew so I can't say at all.

44 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Bro I have no idea, most of these people are new to me XP was the only one I really knew so I can't say at all.

You can come up with reads without knowing folks, though admittedly it's harder. Do you strongly agree/disagree with anything I said in my post? None of it refers to past games/playstyles.

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Reveal hidden contents

D1:

D2:

I felt bad that in MR65 that STINK got Exe'd only because they were inactive, C2. I just wouldn't want that to happen again, since it kinda is... unfair. I'm sure you would understand too. Having IRL issues are already a big enough problem, and being Exe'd for inactivity due to those is not going to help that problem. 

So in other words, I don't really want anyone exe'd simply because they weren't active enough.

As for my reads:

1. TKN: they were sorta like this last game (they were soother) and so I don't really think this is particularly outstanding in terms of behavior. Mild Village.

2. Araris: gut read Elim, but there isn't any particular reason why. Maybe it's just from MR65. Idk. Mainly since there hasn't been a whole lot of people to E!read. I'll put Araris at neutral.

3. Mat: I don't see mat as Elim, but I know they play very similar village and Elim. Honestly, that's pretty scary. However, they're trying to solve the game more than quite literally anyone else, so village read there.

4. DeTess: Something about DeTess seems off. I can't place my finger on it, but it just feels... Off. Idk. But maybe there's a reason. I would like to hear from them first before placing a solid read on them.

5. JNV: Seems like they're trying to play the game to the best of their abilities. They aren't known for posting a ton, but they do seem like they're trying to help when they do post. Mild Village.

6. Mark: Honestly, Mark has a whole load of things against him. Everyone seems to sus him for some reason, but I kinda agree, since I asked him to pass me investiture N2 (so I could prove my mind mage role) and he didn't. There's definitely village reasons why not to, but there are also Elim reasons why not to. Mild village

7. Frustration: Does seem a little like being coached but also it's there first game idk man mild Elim .

8. STINK needs to post more before I can get a solid read on them

Summary:

Spoiler

Village: Mat

Mild Village: TKN, Mark IV, JNV

Neutral: Araris Valerian

Mild Elim: Frustration

Elim for sure: The florist :)

People dead that were village: Devo, exp, Archer

Not enough evidence/makes my brain hurt: DeTess, STINK, 

There's my reads just keep in mind they don't have much weight so don't kill me.

Araris Valerian.

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

4. DeTess: Something about DeTess seems off. I can't place my finger on it, but it just feels... Off. Idk. But maybe there's a reason. I would like to hear from them first before placing a solid read on them.

May I ask what more exactly you're hoping to hear from me? I've been sharing reads and placing votes, so is there any particular question you want an answer to?

15 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

6. Mark: Honestly, Mark has a whole load of things against him. Everyone seems to sus him for some reason, but I kinda agree, since I asked him to pass me investiture N2 (so I could prove my mind mage role) and he didn't. There's definitely village reasons why not to, but there are also Elim reasons why not to. Mild village

In addition to what Araris mentioned, I also feel like the text and the verdict don't really match here. Like based on your description I'd expect an elim-leaning verdict? What pulls Mark back to village in your eyes?

Signs of a TKN-Aeoryi-mark team? (mostly joking here)

1 minute ago, DeTess said:

In addition to what Araris mentioned, I also feel like the text and the verdict don't really match here. Like based on your description I'd expect an elim-leaning verdict? What pulls Mark back to village in your eyes?

If I didn't otherwise read Aeoryi as village (and you as elim) I would kinda agree. It's a good point.

Edit:

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

I think Aeoryi’s point on TKN is that he’s playing like he did last game, and last game he was village. It’s not a v read for not doing much, it’s a meta read.

Yeah, just feel like it's a bit late in the game to be just going off of a meta read.

Edited by Araris Valerian

37 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Hold on. Why does TKN get a mild village read for... not doing much.

Because that's what happened last MR, and he was village. And LG92, similar thing. Also village.

28 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think Aeoryi’s point on TKN is that he’s playing like he did last game, and last game he was village. It’s not a v read for not doing much, it’s a meta read.

This

29 minutes ago, DeTess said:

Mark and I have a PM :) but the logic is there.

As I said, these reads don't have a whole lot of weight.

EDIT: y'all don't hate me for my reads It's just my view on the game I haven't read everything don't kill me for it

Edited by Aeoryi

2 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

You can come up with reads without knowing folks, though admittedly it's harder. Do you strongly agree/disagree with anything I said in my post? None of it refers to past games/playstyles.

I don't disagree, with anything you said, per se, but there isn't a lot I feel I agree with.

Edit: DeTess is still my strongest elim read.

Edited by Frustration

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

I don't disagree, with anything you said, per se, but there isn't a lot I feel I agree with.

Please vote for her then. It’s best to have some votes out early so we aren’t scrambling at the end of the turn. I might join you, feel kinda weird voting alongside DeTess right now.

45 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Please vote for her then. It’s best to have some votes out early so we aren’t scrambling at the end of the turn. I might join you, feel kinda weird voting alongside DeTess right now.

I would be Fine but when this goes south you're gonna be on the chopping block anyways, sir bus-a-lot :)

4 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Edit:

Yeah, just feel like it's a bit late in the game to be just going off of a meta read.

I didn't answer the edited question.

Okay. Some things to keep in mind here:

1) TKN has not posted much. If there is any read of TKN it's probably gonna be a meta read. Any non-meta read is going to inherently sound Elim. You chose which you take.

2) I think I've already stated that I'm not exe'ing people simply because they are inactive. I seriously don't see any other reasons to exe TKN (feel free to link the posts if you see otherwise). 

3) Mark-TKN-Aeoryi team would've been a disaster. Think of it from an activity perspective, especially considering C1 and D2 (mostly). That would be as catastrophic as a STINK-JNV-TKN team. 

4 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

Hold on. Why does TKN get a mild village read for... not doing much.

I mean where did you put TKN? Like without it, I can give you 4 reads. You have to have momentum.

4 hours ago, DeTess said:

Mark has been nice to talk to in PMs. I know that isn't an extensive quality of village, but it's something. Also, them not giving me investiture is actually okay. I can see why from a villager perspective. 

2 hours ago, Frustration said:

I'm surprised no asked why, so I'll ask. @Frustration, why is DeTess your strongest Elim read?

54 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

You didn't ask why you just dictated the vote. *Sigh*

Araris Valerian

Gah I'm getting frustrated...

Just now, Aeoryi said:

sir bus-a-lot :) .

Hey, I've never bussed someone in any game you've played with me. In fact, I went to great lengths to defend my teammate in the recent MR.

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

2) I think I've already stated that I'm not exe'ing people simply because they are inactive. I seriously don't see any other reasons to exe TKN (feel free to link the posts if you see otherwise).

I understand where you're coming from. I'm just concerned about a world where the village is killing itself while the elims sit back and laugh. And TKN's vote last cycle didn't feel like it came from a village mindset.

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I mean where did you put TKN? Like without it, I can give you 4 reads. You have to have momentum.

Not quite sure what you mean here but I put TKN as exeable. Anyone who hasn't concretely helped the village or given indication that they are trying to solve is a viable exe target. TKN is definitely in this boat.

6 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

You didn't ask why you just dictated the vote. *Sigh*

Araris Valerian

I firmly believe that anyone willing to state a suspicion in thread should be willing to back said suspicion up with their vote. I was prompting Frustration to do so. If she hadn't voted, I would have been quite suspicions of distancing. I think we need to get the "who" are we suspicious of out there before we discuss the "why", especially because sometimes folks haven't quite worked out the latter on their own.

Also, if I'm to be a bit cheeky, I'm not sure you've stated your reasons for voting on me. I know some folks were concerned about my activity, but I explained that and I'm doing my best to solve the game and push others to participate.

5 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Hey, I've never bussed someone in any game you've played with me. In fact, I went to great lengths to defend my teammate in the recent MR.

I understand where you're coming from. I'm just concerned about a world where the village is killing itself while the elims sit back and laugh. And TKN's vote last cycle didn't feel like it came from a village mindset.

Not quite sure what you mean here but I put TKN as exeable. Anyone who hasn't concretely helped the village or given indication that they are trying to solve is a viable exe target. TKN is definitely in this boat.

I firmly believe that anyone willing to state a suspicion in thread should be willing to back said suspicion up with their vote. I was prompting Frustration to do so. If she hadn't voted, I would have been quite suspicions of distancing. I think we need to get the "who" are we suspicious of out there before we discuss the "why", especially because sometimes folks haven't quite worked out the latter on their own.

Also, if I'm to be a bit cheeky, I'm not sure you've stated your reasons for voting on me. I know some folks were concerned about my activity, but I explained that and I'm doing my best to solve the game and push others to participate.

Aeoryi

I would rather not explain my reasons. They have been mentioned.

But I don't wanna vote out DeTess. Or really anyone. But...