Having a Bad Day? Stop here for a Good Rant!

traceria

How is that a bad day? You sound like you have the coolest teacher in the history of teachers.

She . . . Well. . . She doesn't do it too well. It's overall, she's not the best at doing it, and she treats us like second graders. So. . . Yeah

On the topic of teachers, my art teacher drew on my art, erased parts, and drew REALLY hard so I couldn't erase it. It's so AGGRAVATING!!!!!!!!

Oh, and one of my teachers slept in class.

I could go so on on this topic.

Edited by Allomancy

She . . . Well. . . She doesn't do it too well. It's overall, she's not the best at doing it, and she treats us like second graders. So. . . Yeah

On the topic of teachers, my art teacher drew on my art, erased parts, and drew REALLY hard so I couldn't erase it. It's so AGGRAVATING!!!!!!!!

Oh, and one of my teachers slept in class.

I could go so on on this topic.

Oooohhhh, I remember a student teacher who treated us that way. She once had us stand up, saying—and I quote—"Now we're going to learn kinesthetically." Yes, yes, I'm very glad you learned that word in school, but we don't like when  you make us learn that way. We're sixteen, seventeen, eighteen and we don't like standing up and singing stupid songs.

Why did your teacher draw on your art? :blink: 

So, on the job woes front: I'm dealing with this really picky client and I have been since about two months ago. The case has dragged that long and despite my having a contract, the company's not actually allowing me to quit, even after this case -.-''' I started out wanting to do a good job, but I've gotten to the stage where I'm just so tired, that I really can't bring myself to care any longer about the quality of the work. And it matters because the clawback is really huge and so I don't get paid if the client is unhappy.

And I'm waiting for news from the scholarship board. It's a scholarship I really want and I was hoping my grades would at least get me an interview call, but all I've heard is silence and if you aren't called up by the end of June, then you've been rejected. It's mid-June now, and waiting in frustrated silence is killing me. I know that they don't like older students, but really? :/

Art teachers who insist your art looks the way THEY would do it and draw all over your stuff is the worst. My friend once had the art teacher insist my friend scrape the paint my friend had just painted off a wooden board because she thought the board would be a better background. On the plus side, if you're bad at art you can get the teacher to do the trickier parts for you :P

I also know sometimes it's not the teacher, but the whole school system that's broken and causes anxiety by too-high expectations. Hopefully if it's just the teacher then she/he can change :(.

Kas: I'm sorry :(

Edited by Delightful

Dear customers,

Is there any way you could all NOT walk in/ call our number at once? You have no idea how frustrating it is for the receptionist when she has to put one call on hold while she's cashing out another, only for another call to come in while the next customer who comes to the desk asks her to read through the paperwork aloud. And this isn't even taking into account all the paperwork her bosses piled on her desk that not only needs to be taken care of ASAP, but that will also make her life extremely difficult when she does the deposit at the end of the night. Just...try to stagger things, will you? Having all of the day's business happen within one hour is a little extreme.

Please and thank you.

Dear customers,

Is there any way you could all NOT walk in/ call our number at once? You have no idea how frustrating it is for the receptionist when she has to put one call on hold while she's cashing out another, only for another call to come in while the next customer who comes to the desk asks her to read through the paperwork aloud. And this isn't even taking into account all the paperwork her bosses piled on her desk that not only needs to be taken care of ASAP, but that will also make her life extremely difficult when she does the deposit at the end of the night. Just...try to stagger things, will you? Having all of the day's business happen within one hour is a little extreme.

Please and thank you.

It's like they sense when the worst possible time to call is, and all zero in on that time like a bunch of blood-crazed mosquitoes. 

It's like they sense when the worst possible time to call is, and all zero in on that time like a bunch of blood-crazed mosquitoes.

Exactly! This is why I have the hive mind theory: They don't all share a brain, exactly, but they're all connected to each other so when one decides they have to come in between 2 and 2:30 PM, something triggers in all the rest and all of a sudden, no other time will do.

To my city's population of retirees:

If you think going the speed limit, using turn signals, not tailgating, allowing other drivers to pass you, and just generally not driving like a monkey under the influence of some substance or another is "one of those newfangled fads the young people seem into," then it's probably time to stop driving.

Just a suggestion.

To my city's population of retirees:

If you think going the speed limit, using turn signals, not tailgating, allowing other drivers to pass you, and just generally not driving like a monkey under the influence of some substance or another is "one of those newfangled fads the young people seem into," then it's probably time to stop driving.

Just a suggestion.

Oh yeah? Well if traffic rules are for all ages, then why can only sixteen year-olds get drivers' licences? Can you answer me that?

Oh yeah? Well if traffic rules are for all ages, then why can only sixteen year-olds get drivers' licences? Can you answer me that?

Because four-year-olds can't reach the pedals and ten-year-olds still think cars should be able to shoot lasers and have flamethrowers mounted on the side mirrors.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Because four-year-olds can't reach the pedals and ten-year-olds still think cars should be able to shoot lasers and have flamethrowers mounted on the side mirrors.

Silly ten-year-olds.  The side mirrors would have terrible trajectories.

Whilst watching the fireflies tonight, I apparently got devoured by the less-favored of the insect kingdom.

Apparently to a mosquito, I am infinitely more delicious than anyone else in range.  (Husband might've gotten two bites.  I have lovely new red welts up and down my legs.)  The initial reaction has settled, which means I now have approximately 12 hours before my life becomes three days of itching.  And not just any itching, but the sort of itching that makes me want to claw my skin off, because the pain of opening up bleeding holes on my legs feels better.

Yep.  It'll be Benadryl for sleeping for the next few nights.

Whilst watching the fireflies tonight, I apparently got devoured by the less-favored of the insect kingdom.

Apparently to a mosquito, I am infinitely more delicious than anyone else in range.  (Husband might've gotten two bites.  I have lovely new red welts up and down my legs.)  The initial reaction has settled, which means I now have approximately 12 hours before my life becomes three days of itching.  And not just any itching, but the sort of itching that makes me want to claw my skin off, because the pain of opening up bleeding holes on my legs feels better.

Yep.  It'll be Benadryl for sleeping for the next few nights.

Uuuuughhhhhh. I know how that feels. :( It seems I'm always the favorite course at the Mosquito Buffet, at which point I stop calling the medicine Benadryl and refer to the tablets as "sweet nuggets of life." :P

Uuuuughhhhhh. I know how that feels. :( It seems I'm always the favorite course at the Mosquito Buffet, at which point I stop calling the medicine Benadryl and refer to the tablets as "sweet nuggets of life." :P

We are both ambrosia to the bloodsuckers.  Yet more proof of our sooper seekrit siblinghood.

Unfortunately, I can't take Benadryl during the day.  You know that cartoony joke of people so tired that they faceplant into their food?  Yeah, it does that to me.  But at night, oh yes, it is glorious.  It keeps me from scratching in my sleep.

Mosquitos are literal vampires. Just saying.

Yes, they are.  Horrible little vampires that leave itchiness and wails of despair in their wake.

I'm the same way, the bugs love me over every other option within miles. To test this, I once doused every inch of my body with repellent of the mosquito specific kind. I used the whole bottle, brand new to empty. It felt gross, but it would have been worth it should it work. I go join my family outside. At the end of the night, I had stopped counting at 20 bites, meanwhile all three of my cousins hit 5 bites, collectively. It's terrible.

Sorry for general activity, everyone. I've been kind of out of it lately.

I picked a bad time for it, what with Heirs dunning and all, but...yeah. Sorry.

(Self pity is my version of ranting.)

Heirs dunning? Is that a typo or am I missing something?

Hope you feel better about yourself.