Having a Bad Day? Stop here for a Good Rant!

traceria

I'm allergic to mowing the lawn.

No, seriously. The mower chops all the allergens into convenient little pieces and flings them at my face.

<_<

Ugh.  Grass allergies + lawn mowing = total respiratory destruction.

Ugh.  Grass allergies + lawn mowing = total respiratory destruction.

Agreed.  Happened to me all the time when I was mowing the lawn.  My dad has to wear a face mask every time he attempts it.  I have also found that gasoline does something to my joints, so the lawn mower didn't help with that, either.  One of the main reasons I don't wish to drive.

When my younger sister asks people in our family not to wear her clothes: 

n7wk0.jpg

"Everyone, this is important. We need to respect her property. I'm going to call a family meeting about how few clothes she has in comparison to you, what boundaries are, and why you need to respect them." 

When I ask people not to wear my clothes: 

n7whm.jpg

"Look at her, standing up for herself! Isn't that the cutest thing?" 

I cannot wait until I move out. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Actual conversation I had today with my mother while we were driving. (I've been driving for two years now.) (What I was thinking was in italics)

"Joe, that's a red light"

"Yes I know, Notice how I'm braking?"

"Joe Slow Down!"

"Mom, i'm 10 miles under the speed Limit"

"Joe, you're not going Fast enough."

​Shut up.

"Ok Mom."

"Joe we need to go Right"

You can see my Blinker is on! Just shut up!

"Ok Mom, I'm turning"

"Joe, check your mirrors"

I AM GOING TO CRASH THIS CAR IF YOU DO NOT SHUT UP!!!

"Ok Mom. I know what I'm doing"

"Don't take that tone with me! I'm much more experienced at driving then you."

I can't believe how much I hate everything.

". . ."

Edited by The Only Joe

Actual conversation I had today with my mother while we were driving. (I've been driving for two years now.) (What I was thinking was in italics)

"Joe, that's a red light"

"Yes I know, Notice how I'm braking?"

"Joe Slow Down!"

"Mom, i'm 10 miles under the speed Limit"

"Joe, you're not going Fast enough."

​Shut up.

"Ok Mom."

"Joe we need to go Right"

You can see my Blinker is on! Just shut up!

"Ok Mom, I'm turning"

"Joe, check your mirrors"

I AM GOING TO CRASH THIS CAR IF YOU DO NOT SHUT UP!!!

"Ok Mom. I know what I'm doing"

"Don't take that tone with me! I'm much more experienced at driving then you."

I can't believe how much I hate everything.

". . ."

Like the

. Or watch the whole thing. It's ridiculous, you have been warned.

...Guess whose graduation plans just got utterly derailed by the uni admin?

Oh, admin. Can we please not replace every single one of the classes I need to have cleared to graduate with classes in Chinese philosophy? I'm not trained for that and I don't need that to graduate! I needed those classes!

*headdesking* so hard right now.

Edited by Kasimir

Not my bad day specifically, but poaching has reached an all-time high in Africa. It's currently estimated that a poacher kills an elephant once every fifteen minutes.

Rangers and conservationists working in the field have pretty much resigned themselves to the fact that at the current rate, elephants and most of Africa's other charismatic animals will be extinct before the next generation takes charge of the earth.

I'm horrified by the thought that my grandchildren may live in a world without elephants or rhinos, their knowledge of these creatures coming only from antique photographs they find on future!Wikipedia. Even worse, will my great grandchildren even know these animals existed, any more than the average American knows about the quagga or the great auk or Stellar's sea cow? In a hundred years, who will remember the cross-species genocides being carried out right now? Past the year 2200, will a human being ever again hear the sound of an elephant's trumpet?

Sorry for the depressing rant. This is something I think about often. :(

Edited by Kobold King

Not my bad day specifically, but poaching has reached an all-time high in Africa. It's currently estimated that a poacher kills an elephant once every fifteen minutes.

Rangers and conservationists working in the field have pretty much resigned themselves to the fact that at the current rate, elephants and most of Africa's other charismatic animals will be extinct before the next generation takes charge of the earth.

I'm horrified by the thought that my grandchildren may live in a world without elephants or rhinos, their knowledge of these creatures coming only from antique photographs they find on future!Wikipedia. Even worse, will my great grandchildren even know these animals existed, any more than the average American knows about the quagga or the great auk or Steller's sea cow? In a hundred years, who will remember the cross-species genocides being carried out right now? Past the year 2200, will a human being ever again hear the sound of an elephant's trumpet?

*raises hand*

Um, I know about the quagga, great auk, Stellar's sea cow, and a fair number of other extinct species like the Carolina parakeet and the Caribbean monk seal. :mellow:

I also find it saddening that so many unique creatures are disappearing. When I see lists and articles on animals like Stellar's sea cow, I wish I could've seen them, even if it was just on a YouTube video. I don't want my nieces and nephews to have that same feeling about the elephant. :(

I'm horrified by the thought that my grandchildren may live in a world without elephants or rhinos, their knowledge of these creatures coming only from antique photographs they find on future!Wikipedia. Even worse, will my great grandchildren even know these animals existed, any more than the average American knows about the quagga or the great auk or Stellar's sea cow? In a hundred years, who will remember the cross-species genocides being carried out right now? Past the year 2200, will a human being ever again hear the sound of an elephant's trumpet?

We are able to clone animals fairly easily. ( yea yea it costs money and all that but if being expensive is what makes it hard then it is not hard. )We have done so in the past so we should to do so now. 

Not that we'll do this obviously but it is an option.

Just spent the whole day working on my 20 acres of property and I have the WORST sunburn!!  :o  OW!

Okay, there we go... I needed to add a rant to this topic and I have finally done it.... ;)

Gah!  Sunscreen is your friend!  You should use it!  Now go bathe in some aloe and feel better.

Well my computer is on  it's last legs, it's crashed three times in the past week (seriously I have no Idea how it stayed on long enough for me to post this) so there's a huge chunk of the money I'd saved to start my business down the drain replacing it. My Xbox 360 is breaking down too and none of the stores have one that'll take my external hard drive so I've got to order one online and wait weeks for delivery or loose all my saved games and DLC (on a slightly positive note this did end up being about 20$ cheaper).

0c266bf8850ce5a418ad6f10f3e874a2.png

Sure, Kobold! Trying to destroy a buzzing wasp nest with a rock can't possibly go wrong! What a brilliant idea this was, that absolutely did not just result in a wasp getting stuck between two of your toes and stinging you on a painful nerve junction. You're so clever, Kobold.

Sure, Kobold! Trying to destroy a buzzing wasp nest with a rock can't possibly go wrong! What a brilliant idea this was, that absolutely did not just result in a wasp getting stuck between two of your toes and stinging you on a painful nerve junction. You're so clever, Kobold.

Dang!! I feel you! My dad and I were repairing a car recentely and we didn't realize that a bunch of wasps had made a nest under the hood..... yeah..... didn't go well! I'm still recovering from that little episode....

Seems like karma was swift in punishing you.

Back in my day, we had to battle them wasps every day. They was attracted to the Bobcat that we used to haul goods around. Every morning, I'd have to bring out a mallet and spray bottle of water and slay/drive away the wasps from the nest they were always making in the Bobcat, since the boss did not allow Raid! on the property.

I really wish part of that story was hyperbole.

Back in my day, we had to battle them wasps every day. They was attracted to the Bobcat that we used to haul goods around. Every morning, I'd have to bring out a mallet and spray bottle of water and slay/drive away the wasps from the nest they were always making in the Bobcat, since the boss did not allow Raid! on the property.

I really wish part of that story was hyperbole.

Fun fact:  a spray bottle full of soapy water will take out wasps as effectively as Raid, with an added bonus of no pesticide pollution to the surrounding area.  We used that trick on some paper wasps that had taken up residence in our garden hose housing last year.

Two libraries I applied with sent me letters. Both were rejection letters.

Yippee. <_<

I'm sorry. :(

Well, there's a super-nice library in Provo... Just sayin'... :P

No seriously. The Provo Library is the best.*

Provo-Library.jpg

*Well, it's up there with AF and SLC, anyways. But yeah, it's pretty cool.

Edited by Slowswift