Having a Bad Day? Stop here for a Good Rant!

traceria

That is perfect. :D I want it on iTunes so I can play it always. 

I know, but whyyyyy? You already have two icons facing off against each other. I'm all for a Justice League movie, but shoehorning a bunch of heroes who don't fit into this movie is just asking for it to flop. 

I converted it to an MP3 and downloaded it so I can listen to it even when the Internet's out. :ph34r:

Wasn't that part of Spider-Man 3's problem? Too many characters? Granted, most of those were villains, but I'd imagine the same basic principle applies.

I converted it to an MP3 and downloaded it so I can listen to it even when the Internet's out. :ph34r:

Wasn't that part of Spider-Man 3's problem? Too many characters? Granted, most of those were villains, but I'd imagine the same basic principle applies.

That was exactly that movie's problem (and also that dance scene we don't talk about). You had all of these spotlight-stealing villains and only three hours to showcase them all, so nobody got the development they needed and Harry's character arc was a mess. Avengers, on the other hand, had a bunch of popular heroes, most of whom already had their own films, and could just rely on that to keep the fans grounded.

I used to think Zack Snyder would do a pretty decent job if he directed a Steelheart movie adaptation. I mean, he's already forcing Superman, the Big Blue Boy Scout, to become darker and edgier, so why not just give him material about an evil Superman? 

After hearing he plans to shoehorn Aquaman of all people into Batman vs. Superman, I no longer believe Snyder is the one to direct anything Brandon. We would get Shia LaBeouf as Fortuity. 

If that were the case, on the bright side—and this is a tiny, two-watt bright side—the marketing team would be able to use this song for promotional purposes. 

And tell me, fellow Reckoners fans: would Fortuity or would he not hire a bunch of backup dancers wearing masks of his face? I know there's no way to be sure, but he seems like the kind of Epic who would do that, amirite?

I dunno how to break it to you Twi, but I remember hearing that Cyborg was in this movie too.

I mean, from the stuff I heard, I'm guessing its his "normal" identity, and then he'll by Cyborg-ised in Justice League, but... still.

And possibly Doomsday.

I agree. At most, I wouldn't have minded Wonder Woman making a cameo in the stinger; I've always liked DC's Trinity, so if they absolutely had to have more heroes, I would be fine with her in it.

(Besides, we need more super heroines on screen, but thats neither here nor there).

I think part of the problem is that the good DC movies- the Superman, the Tim Burton Batman, the Dark Knight Trilogy- have been... not "artsy" movies, but they've all had their own unique identity, look and tone.

I love the Marvel films, and there certainly is variations for each film- I love the fact that Captain America is basically just a pulp war movie- but there is also a single guiding "feel" to the movies, in terms of color palette and tone. The good DC movies, on the other hand, have been the ones which take those characters and present their own takes on those characters; it's difficult to see Bale!Batman coexisting with Reeve!Superman, for instance.

And that's not a bad thing; I just think that creating a cohesive universe for DC is easier in the comics, where colorists and stuff can blend thigns together better than they can onscreen. I'm really into the current Justice League run, even though it's a team that consists of a space cop, a warrior princess, an alien, and a dude who dresses like a Bat. On the page, that line-up works. On screen, it's a lot harder to pull off... and I don't think Man of Steel gives a good foundation to work off of.

Edited by Quiver

I dunno how to break it to you Twi, but I remember hearing that Cyborg was in this movie too.

I mean, from the stuff I heard, I'm guessing its his "normal" identity, and then he'll by Cyborg-ised in Justice League, but... still.

And possibly Doomsday.

I agree. At most, I wouldn't have minded Wonder Woman making a cameo in the stinger; I've always liked DC's Trinity, so if they absolutely had to have more heroes, I would be fine with her in it.

(Besides, we need more super heroines on screen, but thats neither here nor there).

I think part of the problem is that the good DC movies- the Superman, the Tim Burton Batman, the Dark Knight Trilogy- have been... not "artsy" movies, but they've all had their own unique identity, look and tone.

I love the Marvel films, and there certainly is variations for each film- I love the fact that Captain America is basically just a pulp war movie- but there is also a single guiding "feel" to the movies, in terms of color palette and tone. The good DC movies, on the other hand, have been the ones which take those characters and present their own takes on those characters; it's difficult to see Bale!Batman coexisting with Reeve!Superman, for instance.

And that's not a bad thing; I just think that creating a cohesive universe for DC is easier in the comics, where colorists and stuff can blend thigns together better than they can onscreen. I'm really into the current Justice League run, even though it's a team that consists of a space cop, a warrior princess, an alien, and a dude who dresses like a Bat. On the page, that line-up works. On screen, it's a lot harder to pull off... and I don't think Man of Steel gives a good foundation to work off of.

Whhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Why must they cram in all these unrelated characters

Just make a Justice League movie and call it a day

Whhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Well, this is the Bad Day thread, I had to give you something to feel miserable about.

...Totally agree though. I think right now, the only Justice Leaugers not confirmed for the film are Flash and Green Lantern.

(Spoilers for comic readers)

In the comics right now, Lex is a member of the Justice League. That means he's another League member who is in the movie before Flash or Green Lantern, and I find that funny for some reason.

Well, this is the Bad Day thread, I had to give you something to feel miserable about.

...Totally agree though. I think right now, the only Justice Leaugers not confirmed for the film are Flash and Green Lantern.

(Spoilers for comic readers)

In the comics right now, Lex is a member of the Justice League. That means he's another League member who is in the movie before Flash or Green Lantern, and I find that funny for some reason.

I'm going to post this for Green Lantern's sake:

sadLantern_zpsa0374628.jpg

I'm going to post this for Green Lantern's sake:

sadLantern_zpsa0374628.jpg

I'd be sympathetic, but I don't like Hal Jordan.

mphk7.jpg

(But this might be starting to get into "Random Stuff" thread territory, and unlike that thread, this one can be derailed, so... sorry?)

Edited by Quiver

Whhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Well, because Superman destroyed Metropolis so all the other heros are a bit freaked out by that... is what I've heard.

Also, there's more! Not only will there be Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Cyborg... but for this offer only, we have the Flash! That's right folks, the Flash! And if you call in the next fifteen minutes, you'll get one more un-specified superhero!

I hate customers.

Did somebody ask you for a book that they couldn't remember the title or author of, just told you that it was blue, and expected you to know which book they wanted?

Yes, I know.  I'm always editing my posts.  I'm always typing too fast and leaving off letters.

Edited by Kaymyth

Did somebody ask you for a book that the couldn't remember the title or author of, just told you that it was blue, and expected you to know which book they wanted?

No, though I've had that happen, and it wasn't as annoying as it sounds because the customer was really nice about it. I'm at my other job, where I'm a receptionist.

No, though I've had that happen, and it wasn't as annoying as it sounds because the customer was really nice about it. I'm at my other job, where I'm a receptionist.

Ooooh.  Yeah, there are so many ways you can stumble onto customer fail at that sort of job.  My condolences.  You should petition your boss for permission to carry Nerf.

Ooooh. Yeah, there are so many ways you can stumble onto customer fail at that sort of job. My condolences. You should petition your boss for permission to carry Nerf.

That would make it soooo much better some days. And I don't know which is worse: the way they all seem to have a hive mind that compels them to all call or come in at the same time, or the way they all seem to think they're the most important.

That would make it soooo much better some days. And I don't know which is worse: the way they all seem to have a hive mind that compels them to all call or come in at the same time, or the way they all seem to think they're the most important.

Having you considered donning clown makeup, kidnapping them, and forcing them to fight in gladiatorial combat?

Just a thought. :ph34r::P

I'm mad at myself.

I used to have this best friend, but then he had to move away to another part of the city. That was about two years ago, and although we've meant do something together for a loooong time now, it's never worked out.

Today he was in the area and stopped by my house.

I haven't seen him in a long time, so I was a bit awkward. Also, when he asked me what I was doing before he came over, I told him I was doing homework.

He took this, along with my awkwardness, as me saying I needed to get back to my work immediately(which was not my intention whatsoever)...so he said, "OK. Seeya," and left.

I finally had the chance to see him again and I accidentally acted rude.

*sigh*

I really hope I didn't lose a good friend just now, but I probably did.

Edited by KamorianKandra

I'm mad at myself.

I used to have this best friend, but then he had to move away to another part of the city. That was about two years ago, and although we've meant do something together for a loooong time now, it's never worked out.

I haven't seen him in a long time, so I was a bit awkward. Also, when he asked me what I was doing before he came over, I told him I was doing homework.

He took this, along with my awkwardness, as me saying I needed to get back to my work immediately(which was not my intention whatsoever)...so he said, "OK. Seeya," and left.

*sigh*

I'm sorry. :( If he values your friendship, I doubt you just lost a friend. He may have felt as awkward as you did. If you give it time, I think chances are good he'll come back.

Quote: "If kids in America go hungry, it's because their parents suck." 

Not…not because their parents became unemployed and/or got evicted through no fault of their own? Not because they're being raised in a single-parent home and their landlord raised the rent? Look, I know some parents are neglectful, but sometimes, crap happens to the best of us. Show a little compassion, will ya? 

I'm mad at myself.

*sigh*

You know what? You made a little mistake- it happens sometimes. But I think if you let him know that you realized that, he'll understand. Shoot him a text saying that you were feeling a little off that day, and give him your apologies. I bet he'll understand and still want to be your friend. :)

You know what? You made a little mistake- it happens sometimes. But I think if you let him know that you realized that, he'll understand. Shoot him a text saying that you were feeling a little off that day, and give him your apologies. I bet he'll understand and still want to be your friend. :)

Ditto. Id reccomended calling and talking to him, do something to keep up the relationship (cause it sounds like you haven't? ). All it takes is saying 'sorry I did really want to see you, let's do x instead' , like play a multiplayer over the internet together or something.

Good luck!

I'm sorry. :( If he values your friendship, I doubt you just lost a friend. He may have felt as awkward as you did. If you give it time, I think chances are good he'll come back.

Ditto. Id reccomended calling and talking to him, do something to keep up the relationship (cause it sounds like you haven't? ). All it takes is saying 'sorry I did really want to see you, let's do x instead' , like play a multiplayer over the internet together or something.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot guys, I'm going to talk to him about it and apologize

Hopefully him and I will be able to meet up sometime soon.

Thanks a lot guys, I'm going to talk to him about it and apologize

Hopefully him and I will be able to meet up sometime soon.

Also, did he plan to come over beforehand?  Or just drop by unannounced?  It's possible that he had a moment of panic of, "Ack! I didn't call ahead! Now KamorianKandra is going to think I'm a rude lunkhead!"