Having a Bad Day? Stop here for a Good Rant!

traceria

What happened?

Well, I think it's been inevitable for a while now. My older brother got engaged a while back, and my sister just got back from a school related trip to Greece. My parents are separated, and for the most part, my mother has raised us. There has been some friction between my two siblings and my mom, with my brother, about his fiancé, and my sister, how she has 'changed' since she got back from her trip. I was somehow able to fool myself in to thinking that we could last until August, when my siblings move out, but I was wrong. Just a hour ago, my mother sat us down, and basically said that we weren't a family any more. My brother got kicked out of the house, and my mom and sister are still arguing.

Thanks for listening. :)

Well, I think it's been inevitable for a while now. My older brother got engaged a while back, and my sister just got back from a school related trip to Greece. My parents are separated, and for the most part, my mother has raised us. There has been some friction between my two siblings and my mom, with my brother, about his fiancé, and my sister, how she has 'changed' since she got back from her trip. I was somehow able to fool myself in to thinking that we could last until August, when my siblings move out, but I was wrong. Just a hour ago, my mother sat us down, and basically said that we weren't a family any more. My brother got kicked out of the house, and my mom and sister are still arguing.

This is awful  :(

Without knowing the details, I have no real wisdom to offer.

Instead, here's a sleeping corgi puppy:

sleeping-corgi-puppy.jpg

[hug] HUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUGHUG[/ hug]

Thanks Ryth. :) You are my favorite Deathless. :)

This is awful :(

It's a little better now. My mother and sister seem to have worked some stuff, so maybe they will be able to live together until she moves out. My brother though, well, that's just a lost cause.

Without knowing the details, I have no real wisdom to offer.

Instead, here's a sleeping corgi puppy:

sleeping-corgi-puppy.jpg

Awwwwwwww. That's so cute. Thank you. :)

Edited by Glamdring804

I'm so sorry.

I can't imagine something so awful happening.

I truly hope that everything will get better.

Sorry that I don't have anything actually useful to say, but I just wanted to tell you just how sorry I really am.

I'm so sorry.

I can't imagine something so awful happening.

I truly hope that everything will get better.

Sorry that I don't have anything actually useful to say, but I just wanted to tell you just how sorry I really am.

Well, thank you. Anything helps.

I didn't start the thread; I just spammed it with pugs. :ph34r::P

No, but you do the most consoling around here. You are this thread's best feature. :):P

Well. My family is officially full of Bigots.

Over the past year, I've had my eyes open to how intolerant and bigoted my Family is. Most everyone online knows I'm a brony, and a few of you know that I'm a closet Brony. No one IRL knows that. Since I became a Brony, I've been noticing little comments and attitudes about my family that I never noticed before. Things like:

Me: I just watch whatever amuses me.

Older sis: Ugh, don't tell me you're one of those damnation pony boys.

Or things like my cousin coming out of the closet, and the entire family blacklisting her. Classical TV Blacklisting, where we get in trouble for mentioning her name.

Or like yesterday, a guy wearing a tail sat down on a bench next to us. My dad saw it, and had us all stand up and find a different bench.

Would it hurt them to be a little more open to things they didn't understand?

Well. My family is officially full of Bigots.

Over the past year, I've had my eyes open to how intolerant and bigoted my Family is. Most everyone online knows I'm a brony, and a few of you know that I'm a closet Brony. No one IRL knows that. Since I became a Brony, I've been noticing little comments and attitudes about my family that I never noticed before. Things like:

Me: I just watch whatever amuses me.

Older sis: Ugh, don't tell me you're one of those damnation pony boys.

Or things like my cousin coming out of the closet, and the entire family blacklisting her. Classical TV Blacklisting, where we get in trouble for mentioning her name.

Or like yesterday, a guy wearing a tail sat down on a bench next to us. My dad saw it, and had us all stand up and find a different bench.

Would it hurt them to be a little more open to things they didn't understand?

I'm sorry. :( And MLP isn't only harmless, in my opinion, but beneficial. It got me through all the stress and panic of college, and the person who introduced me to the show was a guy who sided with Luna on the whole banished- to-the-moon thing. (This was before I realized all the red light in that flashback probably meant Luna was an Epic. :ph34r:)

Don't listen to them. They don't know what they're missing out on.

Yeah, I'm not listening to them. It just saddens (And angers) me that they'd be so blind to anything new. It's kind of like when you realize that Santa isn't real. My parents aren't always good people.

I feel your pain. :( I've only just recently begun to realize how judgmental my parents are--they'll mock people for a bad haircut behind their backs, or turn a relative's poor choice into an object lesson at the dinner table. Everything they don't like or disagree with is fodder for their criticism, which can be pretty scathing. And if one of their kids does something that makes them look bad, Heaven help them. :unsure:

Just stay strong, stick to your guns, and try not to listen to them if/when they talk about other people in a judgmental way. (My parents do this, and I've fallen in love with my headphones all over again.) Realizing your parents aren't perfect and even have an ugly side sucks. :(

I feel your pain. :( I've only just recently begun to realize how judgmental my parents are--they'll mock people for a bad haircut behind their backs, or turn a relative's poor choice into an object lesson at the dinner table. Everything they don't like or disagree with is fodder for their criticism, which can be pretty scathing. And if one of their kids does something that makes them look bad, Heaven help them. :unsure:

Just stay strong, stick to your guns, and try not to listen to them if/when they talk about other people in a judgmental way. (My parents do this, and I've fallen in love with my headphones all over again.) Realizing your parents aren't perfect and even have an ugly side sucks. :(

My Dad and stepmom are just like this. Makes me dread the summer, since that's when I go down to Texas to visit them.

Mine aren't the only ones who launch into a moralizing lecture about something they see on the news? That's almost comforting, in a really weird way....

When I "talk" to her, it's more like a one-sided tirade where I just nod along. Occasionally leaves me in tears.  Anything done in a way that is not her way is not only the worst way possible, it's also the way that only an "idiot" would do it. My dad is a lot better though :)

When I "talk" to her, it's more like a one-sided tirade where I just nod along. Occasionally leaves me in tears. Anything done in a way that is not her way is not only the worst way possible, it's also the way that only an "idiot" would do it. My dad is a lot better though :)

Wow. My mom is almost exactly the same. I disagree with her about a LOT more than I used to, but I just pretend we agree on everything because she doesn't discuss new ideas; she turns them into a straw man and sets it ablaze. In the past, she'd lecture me until I cried and then berate me for crying. I thought my dad was better for a while, but then I realized he agrees with her on everything. He just says it more diplomatically than she does.

Wow. My mom is almost exactly the same. I disagree with her about a LOT more than I used to, but I just pretend we agree on everything because she doesn't discuss new ideas; she turns them into a straw man and sets it ablaze. In the past, she'd lecture me until I cried and then berate me for crying. I thought my dad was better for a while, but then I realized he agrees with her on everything. He just says it more diplomatically than she does.

Only thing you can do is ignore them, and constantly do the thing until they give up, accept it, or  make it impossible. Much easier to say than do ;)

It really sounds like you guys are discussing my parents. And now I'm wondering if that's a factor in why we all spend so much time on this site. escaping our families.

It might be...:ph34r:

Seriously, though, I'd rather spend time with you guys than with my parents, and I'm glad I'm past the age where they can ground me from the computer for spending too much time on it. ^_^

It might be... :ph34r:

Seriously, though, I'd rather spend time with you guys than with my parents, and I'm glad I'm past the age where they can ground me from the computer for spending too much time on it.   

You know, they make cars with built in wi-fi these days. So... why not just try living outside your car? All you'd really need is a job at the local fast food and a computer and you'd be good to go.