Alice was beginning to get very tired of sitting by her sister on the bank, and of having nothing to do: once or twice she had peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pictures or conversations in it, “and what is the use of a book,” thought Alice, “without pictures or conversations?”

So she was considering in her own mind (as well as she could, for the hot day made her feel very sleepy and stupid), whether the pleasure of making a daisy-chain would be worth the trouble of getting up and picking the daisies, when suddenly a White Rabbit with pink eyes ran close by her.

There was nothing so very remarkable in that; nor did Alice think it so very much out of the way to hear the Rabbit say to itself, “Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be late!” (when she thought it over afterwards, it occurred to her that she ought to have wondered at this, but at the time it all seemed quite natural); but when the Rabbit actually took a watch out of its waistcoat-pocket, and looked at it, and then hurried on, Alice started to her feet, for it flashed across her mind that she had never before seen a rabbit with either a waistcoat-pocket, or a watch to take out of it, and burning with curiosity, she ran across the field after it, and fortunately was just in time to see it pop down a large rabbit-hole under the hedge.

In another moment down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

First came ten soldiers carrying clubs; these were all shaped like the three gardeners, oblong and flat, with their hands and feet at the corners: next the ten courtiers; these were ornamented all over with diamonds, and walked two and two, as the soldiers did. After these came the royal children; there were ten of them, and the little dears came jumping merrily along hand in hand, in couples: they were all ornamented with hearts. Next came the guests, mostly Kings and Queens, and among them Alice recognised the White Rabbit: it was talking in a hurried nervous manner, smiling at everything that was said, and went by without noticing her. Then followed the Knave of Hearts, carrying the King’s crown on a crimson velvet cushion; and, last of all this grand procession, came THE KING AND

THE QUEEN OF HEARTS, she baked some tarts

All on a summer’s day;

The Knave of Hearts, he stole those tarts,

And took them quite away.

The Cards minigame of QF67 has begun! The following rules and housekeeping elements are now revealed:

Game Structure

This game is divided into three mini-games, in which players or factions will earn points. Each faction or player may earn five points for completing their victory condition within the minigame. Mechanics within the minigames will also allow factions or players to pick up additional points. Certain information is revealed at the start of each minigame. Roles, items, alignments, and victory conditions are lost between minigames unless otherwise noted. After each minigame, all players are resurrected and assigned new roles and alignments after victory points are calculated. At the end of the ninth cycle, an overall winner will be declared based upon who has the most overall points.

The Card Minigame 

This minigame has now begun and will last three cycles. In it, players and factions must contend with Size-changing, Tea-Party, and Card mechanics. 

Size-changing: Every player in this minigame has a size: Small, Medium, or Large. 

Tea-Party: It is always teatime, at least for the Mad Hatter & Co. There are always six seats at the Tea-Party; anyone may sit in one of them as a free action during a cycle, with precedence going to those who first submit orders, and each attendee has a 50% chance of receiving a Bottle or a Cake. Players sharing tea cannot fail at actions targeting each other. 

Cards: Every player either is a card, or is accompanied by one. Madness votes cast on a target of the same suit as the player voting will not count.

Cycle One has begun! It will end in 24 hours at 9:30 PM EDT on Friday 1 September. Please be patient as GM PMs are sent out.

There is a madness today, with a one-vote minimum.

A reminder that you may NOT open PMs without using an action, unless your role permits otherwise. If you take this action, it is irrevocable. Please include me and JNV in all PMs made.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. The Known Novel
  2. Matrim’s Dice
  3. Experience
  4. Scars of Hathsin
  5. WitIsTheBest
  6. xinoehp512
  7. Quintessential
  8. _Stick_
  9. Ashbringer
  10. Amanuensis - Large
  11. Sart
  12. |TJ| - Large
  13. Wonko the Sane
  14. Labyrinth

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I don't know what I expected but it wasn't that.

Well, I thought Cards might be in play, because 14 is so specific and matches 2-10, Jack, Queen, King, Ace, Joker.

But I thought that would be it :blink:

Essentially my thoughts, yeah xD The three minigames thing is interesting. And I guess this is basically FFA.

I don’t think this counts as me breaking my elim streak due to its weirdness, though, which is honestly too bad :P.

6 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Nice!! Sounds like a chill game to me. Idk what kas was on about. 

Who are we yeeting out for ??? reasons. 

Experience 

for displaying immediate bloodthirst and feigning hesitance >:) 

I had the same thought regarding the hesitance. But whenever I make a C1 read like that it’s wrong, so :P.

I think I agree though.

What do people think the factions are? Just a village and elim? Even that? More than two?

Is anybody operating based on an actual metric with these votes? Surely we will not just randomly kick someone out. I will say that my wincon somewhat favours a yeet, but not necessarily for me to have significant control over said yeet. If the day ends with no one having cast any votes, does no one die? I'm assuming so.

Edit:

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I had the same thought regarding the hesitance. But whenever I make a C1 read like that it’s wrong, so :P.

I think I agree though.

What do people think the factions are? Just a village and elim? Even that? More than two?

probably?

Ashbringer

Edited by _Stick_

Just now, _Stick_ said:

Is anybody operating based on an actual metric with these votes? Surely we will not just randomly kick someone out. I will say that my wincon somewhat favours a yeet, but not necessarily for me to have significant control over said yeet. If the day ends with no one having cast any votes, does no one die? I'm assuming so.

Wonder if we have the same wincon :P I would also say mine favors a yeet, but I’d asterisk that more than you did. But as for no votes, that ship has probably sailed :P.

i accidentally edited a vote in, pls forgif

edit:

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Wonder if we have the same wincon :P I would also say mine favors a yeet, but I’d asterisk that more than you did. But as for no votes, that ship has probably sailed :P.

i meant that if everyone unvoted before eod, hypothetically :p. 

but

i do want to kill someone today - one vote is enough to exe

Edited by _Stick_

12 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

probably?

To which of my three questions was this in response to? :P

10 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

i meant that if everyone unvoted before eod, hypothetically :p. 

but

i do want to kill someone today - one vote is enough to exe

Sure, but I don’t think that ever happens :P I think an exe would be good to have as well though 

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

To which of my three questions was this in response to? :P

yea

omg wth

the playerlist

it says aman and TJ are Large

TJ

edit:

I think i have an idea of what that implies, but we'll see

Edited by _Stick_

Hey everyone 

unfortunately, the dealer always wins. So… who’s the dealer? I don’t know if GMs can win the game.

either way, this is interesting. I haven’t been in a blackout game before, so bear with me as I accidentally let everyone know there’s just one faction. Oops.

I think Mat and I might have the same wincon, but I’m not sure. I of course wouldn’t mind murdering someone, but who?

1 minute ago, Labyrinth said:

Hey everyone 

unfortunately, the dealer always wins. So… who’s the dealer? I don’t know if GMs can win the game.

either way, this is interesting. I haven’t been in a blackout game before, so bear with me as I accidentally let everyone know there’s just one faction. Oops.

I think Mat and I might have the same wincon, but I’m not sure. I of course wouldn’t mind murdering someone, but who?

we could try voting fifth out

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

yea

Logical fallacy but :thumbs-up: I have no idea either

The player list though

Hmm

Aman

1 hour ago, Labyrinth said:

In this game that is actually completely possible, for all we know. I would guess not, but like it's blackout so *shrug*

40 minutes ago, Experience said:

If anyone wants to pm, im always open :).

Exp wants people to waste their action :eyes:

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Logical fallacy but :thumbs-up: I have no idea either

The player list though

Hmm

Aman

In this game that is actually completely possible, for all we know. I would guess not, but like it's blackout so *shrug*

Exp wants people to waste their action :eyes:

Wdym waste? That would be completely useful and fulfilling:P 

If someone pms me I'll post cute animal pictures in every post for the rest of the game.

And...y aman? Just wonderin

11 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Tbh they will shrink if they obtain bottles from a tea party 

Aman, TJ, blink twice if being large means you are unable to speak in thread ;pensive; 

Legit forgot that tj had already posted 

there’s a reason largeness is announced 

perhaps they’re unexeable 

26 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Tbh they will shrink if they obtain bottles from a tea party 

Yeah how do bottles/cake work? I was wondering that

Like does a bottle shrink you during rollover if you have one?

Unexeable is a good theory

24 minutes ago, Experience said:

Wdym waste? That would be completely useful and fulfilling:P 

If someone pms me I'll post cute animal pictures in every post for the rest of the game.

And...y aman? Just wonderin

My inkling is that PMs shouldn't be used casually :P. There are likely factions going on, and there may or may not be factions with information on their teammates-- I don't think anyone would be sad about saving their PM. Or using a different action entirely. If they have one.

Bottom line is we know nothing and while cute animal pics are awesome they don't help anyone learn anything about the game :P 

Aman because I didn't want to double vote TJ