5 hours ago, Elandera said:

Or it was that I actually had time/motivation to begin putting more active work into the game, combined with an acknowledgement that I didn't want to be a low active player because of its detrimental impacts on the rest of the village. And sorry my activity dipped over the weekend. I had several things going on and only those two days with my husband before he left for another week.

It also allowed me a little time to think on the Archer flip and what that meant for my previous assumptions. I think he was likely the N0 or N2/3 conversion. As it's been pointed out to me and from looking again at vote records, Archer wasn't under as much pressure as I had thought, but converting him right after he was tied for exe seems very risky.

Since all of my previous assumptions were wildly incorrect, I no longer trust anyone... But I'll do my best to answer you anyways and spend some time digging through posts.

Looking at the players we know so far: Mat/Fifth = Khriss Faction and Archer = Hoid Faction

TBB - Looking through their past posts and votes, they seem to be the most sheep-y, and therefore most suspicious. His D1 vote was first a sheep on Archer, then a sheep on DeTess, then back to Archer for self-preseration. He didn't vote at all D2. In D3, he thought about voting on Szeth after Araris mentioned his suspicion, thought about going after Xino after he got attention for his low activity elim tendencies, then finally landed on Szeth only after TJ set down the first vote. In D4, he was the fifth(?) vote on Archer, which was every vote but Archer himself at that point.

Conclusion: 80% chance of being elim, mainly Hoid Faction. I don't like the voting patterns, and he only seemed to land on Archer when that was the majority vote. D1's self-preservation could be pre-conversion, or a Hoid!TBB with Archer as N0 convert, considering this:

Archer never showed up after that point. Looking at it now, it looks like he was trying to get them both out of the top spot, and then the self-pres was done late enough that he was confident neither would die with the tie rules.

Kasimir - While there has been a shift in your playstyle this game, it was an expected one (both for how you started and where you are now). I place you as my most confident village read because you went after both Archer and Mat pretty hard. There's no way you'd have sussed Mat that hard if you were Team Khriss, and I doubt you would have eviscerated my vote on Wizard quite so much if you were Team Hoid.

Drake - No clue, honestly. Player history wise, especially with Fifth, I think, he'd make a good conversion target, but I can't get a good read. They haven't voted at all this game (please correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't find a vote), which makes me lean non-village. But the lack of commitment gives me Autonomy vibes more than Hoid Faction vibes. Definitely not Khriss Faction with the shot at Mat last night.

DeTess - I really want to trust her because she's had great contributions and analysis. Definitely not Hoid Faction, as she was consistent about her suspicion of Archer (and followed through with it). Possible Khriss Faction with their v!read on Mat most of the game, but that's pretty low because she was pretty blatant about calling out his joining me on Wizard. Maybe autonomy? But I still think Drake fits that style better. So I think I land at another village read with DeTess.

So, just to clarify, voting on someone who has any votes on them at all is sheeping right? Cause that's the logic you seem to be using here, and it don't hold up.

You can't classify self pres as sheeping, especially when I was pretty much the only vote around then. Then, I'll be fair, most of my other votes can be construed that way, particularly my Szeth vote, but that's well within both my v and e metas. In fact, I'm pretty sure the fact that I'm voting at all is mildly v indicative. I'm never a train starter, at least not without a multi cycle build up. Plus, I expressed mild suspicion of Szeth c1.

And if you actually expressed more than surface level effort into my case (which you deemed 80% likely), you would have realized that that is the earliest I was online, and that I had been building up to the Archer vote for about two turns at minimum.

And you completely misrepresent my DeTess vote. In a perfect world, we exe an elim d1. If I had simply kept my vote on Archer, no one would have died. I am willing to deny the Village info in return for me (a confirmed Villager, at least in my considerations) not dying. But that is not desirable. In an ideal world, one of Archer/DeTess dies d1. I couldn't kill Archer, my vote on him was only enough to tie, and there was no guarantee of anyone moving (they didn't), but Archer, if v, would want an exe over a failed exe. As such, the only person with enough votes to put in the lead was DeTess.

Let's assume you're a Villager, which I'm decently sure you were at at least one point in this game. What do you do? You're tied at four votes each with a player you don't really have a read on. The next closest player, who you might read barely worse than the one you're tied with, has two votes, everyone else has one or none. Do you seriously just let the null-exe go through?

Edit: Yeah, Kas, that's cool.

Edited by The Bald Brandon

8 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Let's assume you're a Villager, which I'm decently sure you were at at least one point in this game. What do you do? You're tied at four votes each with a player you don't really have a read on. The next closest player, who you might read barely worse than the one you're tied with, has two votes, everyone else has one or none. Do you seriously just let the null-exe go through?

She's not your Hoid candidate then?

FWIW I take back the Hoid mention. Think we have to do this the slow way. There was something pretty important I forgot.

11 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

She's not your Hoid candidate then?

FWIW I take back the Hoid mention. Think we have to do this the slow way. There was something pretty important I forgot.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IDK, just think she was definitely e d4, could have been Hoid, could have been converted whenever really. I do think she's probably either Hoid or a n3 convert as TJ? postulated. I would like to give v!lan the benefit of the doubt when it comes to activity, but I don't really think that's possible based off of what we've seen from her.

Edited by The Bald Brandon

13 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

And if you actually expressed more than surface level effort into my case

I'm sorry, but I just don't have the time or energy. I'm barely keeping up with the game and have been camped on Silverlight the entire time because I know I don't have the capacity to follow docs on top of the thread. I made the post while attempting to multitask my job, so no, I couldn't go dig into what times you logged into the server. 

I don't even have the energy to fight my exe. I was just trying to answer Kas's question. 

I will say, though, the fact the game is basically Roshar v. Everyone else is a bit off-putting, especially for someone like me who has not left Silverlight because I know I can't follow more than the thread. 

5 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

IDK, just think she was definitely e d4, could have been Hoid, could have been converted whenever really. I do think she's probably either Hoid or a n3 convert as TJ? postulated. I would like to give v!lan the benefit of the doubt when it comes to activity, but I don't really think that's possible based off of what we've seen from her.

I think the one question I do have in a Hoid!Elan world is: wouldn't the team fight the exe more? I guess bussing matters, but - I suppose there's the flip side, which is: do you expose Hoid to save Archer? I feel like it's effectively the other way around. With so few Shards on the loose, wouldn't the team be more aware of the fact that they can't afford to give us a clear road to our SD?

Elan

Not sure I like this. IDK. I guess I have some time later to think about this but the heart wants what it wants despite knowing this is a moonshot. And despite knowing that the road to our SD is a bloody mess.

Araris.

5 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I'm sorry, but I just don't have the time or energy. I'm barely keeping up with the game and have been camped on Silverlight the entire time because I know I don't have the capacity to follow docs on top of the thread. I made the post while attempting to multitask my job, so no, I couldn't go dig into what times you logged into the server. 

I don't even have the energy to fight my exe. I was just trying to answer Kas's question. 

I will say, though, the fact the game is basically Roshar v. Everyone else is a bit off-putting, especially for someone like me who has not left Silverlight because I know I can't follow more than the thread. 

Sorry. I did not mean for that to be so emotional. It's been a rough week. 

3 minutes ago, Elandera said:

RIP, rough weeks are the worst.

Edited to add:

Gonna say something I never thought I'd expect to say. We may have to consider shooting Fae, Fadran, Walin, and STINK eventually.

Edited by Kasimir

6 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Yeah, sorry, that wording was very unfair. I apologize for it. It shouldn't have been too hard to notice that was my first post that turn however, so I won't withdraw that objection completely.

As I said, I would prefer to give v!you the benefit of the doubt, but I just don’t think I can after d4 and even several of your later arguments. 

Just now, Elandera said:

No, it's completely fine, as I said, that was harsher than it should have been. RL takes priority.

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I think the one question I do have in a Hoid!Elan world is: wouldn't the team fight the exe more? I guess bussing matters, but - I suppose there's the flip side, which is: do you expose Hoid to save Archer? I feel like it's effectively the other way around. With so few Shards on the loose, wouldn't the team be more aware of the fact that they can't afford to give us a clear road to our SD?

Elan

Not sure I like this. IDK. I guess I have some time later to think about this but the heart wants what it wants despite knowing this is a moonshot. And despite knowing that the road to our SD is a bloody mess.

Araris.

That's part of why I'm not completely committed to H!lan, but I also don’t think the elims have a good path to refute the case against her. 

I also don't think chasing the SD is better than chasing likely elims. Easier to get several plastic straws out of the hay stack than it is to find one needle.

And now I'm off to bed, I have stayed up way too late already. Salutations my friends. See you on the same side.

2 hours ago, The Bald Brandon said:

I also don't think chasing the SD is better than chasing likely elims. Easier to get several plastic straws out of the hay stack than it is to find one needle.

Question for you.

How many Aut Charges do you think Fae is carrying by this point?

(I don't say this because I genuinely believe that Aut is doing this, I'll state upfront. I'm saying this to make a point.)

And now I'm off to bed, I have stayed up way too late already. Salutations my friends. See you on the same side.

Get some good rest.

Edited to add: Yeah, you know what, I give up. I can't do this and feel ethical about it. I'm just going to shut up and let the Village burn itself.

Edited to add 2:

I also don’t think the elims have a good path to refute the case against her. 

They don't have to refute it - they just have to offer us - via her - a temporary alliance against Aut and see if we take the bait. Given that an optimistic estimate puts us at about two cycles to needing to go our separate ways, it wouldn't be the worst offer. Theoretically a Khriss!Elim could do that too but I don't really believe they have as much to offer.

Drake has made two full kills now. Suppose Frost protects him tonight. (There's an argument Frost is better off doing other things, but that's arguably not very fair to Drake given he didn't want to go SK and made the kills on the presumption of IC protection.) Either Drake doesn't kill tomorrow Night, or Drake ICs tomorrow Night because he doesn't have any more road and Frost can't do this twice in a row. Assuming he doesn't become RB central.

One way or another if he converts, he more or less has a different wincon to focus on, and just as with JNV, can't expect as much help as we currently have. It's only good for us in AC!Drake world where he has an exotic choice to make :P 

My point about Fae, Walin, Fadran, and to a lesser extent, STINK and Wiz is that non-vocal players who keep reading the thread but otherwise don't exist are functionally Charge sinks. It's riskier with STINK and Wiz, but nothing has gotten Walin, Fae, or Fadran to return to life and Ash is declining to institute an activity filter. In other words: we simply don't know - and won't know - how many Aut Charges they can carry, and it's a fool's bet they've not moved off Silverlight (btw, thanks for doing so, STINK.)

I simply don't think we have the time to do this the slow and methodical way, given that one way or another, Aut is technically a hardcap on how long we can take. But also acknowledge even if the Village exes Hoid and then Aut, it's hard to see us not playing whac-a-mole with the missing Shard, especially if - Ado help us - we deal with a player who gets cute and tries to Intent Convert while there are still Elims to brawl.

I'm also deeply concerned about certain things going on with Araris at this point in time.

All of this is moot until/unless Aut calls the deal off. But given all the factors, it's hard to see how much longer it'll go on for, and once Hoid dies, it's a definitely no.

I'm going to apologise for my bluntness. But I do think - for the record - that your confidence in the thought we substantially have the power here - borders on arrogance.

Edited to add 3: FWIW - I recognise I'm giving mixed vibes here about Aut. I think it boils down to: I trust Aut insofar as the ceasefire/deal is concerned, I trust Aut to act in Aut's own interests, and I feel obligated as a Villager to advocate for us keeping an eye on our wincon and I don't feel confident we can do it if we take the scenic route. We might be able to, but it's risk of a different sort. 

The last chunk of it is what probably any player with me from Steel's LG87 remembers, which is that even though Clanky and I weren't bros, I'll feel very bad for the poor lost SK puppy (in this case, SK without a kill) and try to adopt it and take it home even if it'll probably end badly for someone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by Kasimir

@STINKJust for the record, do you have any charges of Autonomy's investiture?

@KasimirI can see your point about Elandera probably not being Hoid, but at most a conversion. However, your focus on going after Hoid specifically seems contingent on winning through the village's sudden death, is that correct? If we could hit Hoid this cycle that'd be something we could definitely try, but the longer it takes to find Hoid specifically the more difficult things get for the village, not just through Autonomy's win-con, but also through the village losing numbers to the elim factions if we end up missing.

Like, I'm willing to join you on Araris this cycle for that long shot, but if that's not a hit I'll be focusing on likely elims rather than trying to get one specific member of Hoid's faction.

Also (and this question is for @DrakeMarshall and @The Bald Brandon too), since you are the only ones in contact with autonomy through the docs, how would you judge their activity level? Just trying to get my head around some more overall analysis about who might be who.

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

@KasimirI can see your point about Elandera probably not being Hoid, but at most a conversion. However, your focus on going after Hoid specifically seems contingent on winning through the village's sudden death, is that correct? If we could hit Hoid this cycle that'd be something we could definitely try, but the longer it takes to find Hoid specifically the more difficult things get for the village, not just through Autonomy's win-con, but also through the village losing numbers to the elim factions if we end up missing.

It is: my worry is we simply don't have the time to hit the Elims through extended cycles before losing any momentary advantage. Suppose we make perfect lynches every cycle - and suppose Drake makes a perfect hit tonight and then doesn't. (Either RB hell, or worries of IC, take your pick.) There are 5 Elims left assuming maximum conversions (2 Khriss converts, Hoid + 2 Hoid converts.) So two go down this cycles, but then we take three more cycles to resolve the rest. We then go against Aut at a player cap of 9 v. 7 (by then, Aut will be at full Avatars for a cycle now.)

That's in a perfect world, where we maintain the ceasefire and no one makes any mistakes, and we chainkill one Elim after another. That feels a bit too tight for comfort, and assumes the Elims don't desperately try to link up. It also (IMO) doesn't take into account how painful this will get if we start having to shoot among <STINK, Walin, Fae, Fadran, Wiz> (I note I still V read Wiz at the moment, but Fae, Walin, and Fadran are substantive problems - usual CC woes.)

Essentially in this game, as much as I hate to admit it, Aut is still a long-term threat. The world in which the Village and Aut can win together exists but is so small and requires so much improbable things happening I don't see it worth bothering unless we happen to get there. If Aut has any kind of accelerant that I'm not aware of, e.g. SD Charges on inactives less likely to speak out, we have less room for error than expected.

I can respect the desire not to lose a Villager to a gamble rather than a sudden hit - the realisation that actually since inactives are not being removed in this game, non-verbal players could be stocking up Aut Charges is what made me significantly more concerned about whether we do have a tighter timeline than expected. That's when I started rerunning the numbers to see if we had a tighter timeline than I'd assumed. I'd expect Fae and Walin or even Fadran to be bigger risks in that world, as they've said functionally nothing, while STINK has been showing up in thread. Turtle hasn't appeared but had an intense Aut focus for a while (including the early 'if Archer is Bavadin this matters' line of thought which made me think they were Hoid or Khriss early on.) I will say in all fairness that Aut has told me directly that she has no intent of handing out Charges this early or having her Avatars do anything kayana. But I also would not expect Aut to be fully truthful with me early on, especially since we both accept our wincons are not compatible save extremely crazy scenarios we aren't going to bank on at this point in time (has to do with timing the SDs, don't even bother, frankly.)

I think the biggest flaw in my strategy you can pick apart is: suppose Araris is a hit this cycle and we do get Hoid. (Ideal, and I think between him and Elan, he's more likely Hoid, but still. I accept I could be entirely off with that.) The Village now has to shoot Aut, which is...well, good luck? And if you do shoot Aut, you then have to hope the Shard ends up with someone who is willing to put it back. A spicy Villager Intent Converting could push everything back, as Intent Conversions for Aut can be done in <3 cycles. Then we are left chasing new Aut, while the Hoid and Khriss remnants are also trying to win. Either way, logistically, we are committed to playing the game for at least four more cycles. I am not willing to advocate for any plan that allows us to win without Ruin. I accept Ruin chose to IC of their own accord, but given Ruin's willingness to be generally pro-Village (e.g. being willing to spend some time taking Village-called shots if need be and to agree to destroy worlds we are less invested in), that's very poor payment, meaning one way or another, we are stuck having to resolve the Elims anyway.

I guess in that world, I've talked myself into being okay with an Elan hit. But I still don't really feel comfortable with the timeline. But I'm not cool with us punishing Ruin on this, so I guess the answer is a no unless we go straight for Aut and that is even more kayana than giving up an Elim shot. So I guess I'll grudgingly go back to Elan.

P.S. You might want to ask @Araris Valerian as well as he's currently sharing a doc with Aut and Drake :) 

Alright, back to Elan we go.

As for dealing with the inactives, I'd rather see Ruin/Odium shoot among them than us having to go out of our way to execute them, because it'll play havoc with activity at this point in time. But it's up to them whether they do us that favor or not.

8 minutes ago, DeTess said:

Alright, back to Elan we go.

As for dealing with the inactives, I'd rather see Ruin/Odium shoot among them than us having to go out of our way to execute them, because it'll play havoc with activity at this point in time. But it's up to them whether they do us that favor or not.

KIV that if they shoot the inactives, Ruin's wincon gets pushed further back, and Odium almost certainly Intent Converts, giving him another wincon that will take time. Frost can't re-target twice in a row so the cost of shooting them is time, and when we are close enough to fulfilling our wincon, both Shards then have an incentive to start pruning us to slow things down. Shardics being limited to one a cycle is such a damn pain in the pula...

Edited to add:

Feels like one way or another we have to be ok with an endgame sitting tight (at least the Elims have no kills, or so I hope), and waiting for them to complete (Ruin for now anyway) and paying with an extra cycle everytime we ask for a kill.

Edited by Kasimir

2 hours ago, DeTess said:

@STINKJust for the record, do you have any charges of Autonomy's investiture?

Like, I'm willing to join you on Araris this cycle for that long shot, but if that's not a hit I'll be focusing on likely elims rather than trying to get one specific member of Hoid's faction.

Also (and this question is for @DrakeMarshall and @The Bald Brandon too), since you are the only ones in contact with autonomy through the docs, how would you judge their activity level? Just trying to get my head around some more overall analysis about who might be who.

Low. They've been showing up the least out of any of us. But I don't think that's necessarily indicative of their in thread activity.

42 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

[SD Stuff]

P.S. You might want to ask @Araris Valerian as well as he's currently sharing a doc with Aut and Drake :)

Here's the thing, in my view, after Elan, Araris is one of the most likely elims. I just don’t want to give up on a nearly certain elim for a potential Hoid. The cost analysis doesn't work out. In my mind, this is less of the scenic route and more of a quick trip to the gas station for an atlas.

Since when? Is this part of why you are H!reading Araris?

I think I figured out what bothered me so much. I know there are other legitimate reasons for suspicions against me (my support of Archer was rather unfortunate...) but among some players, there seems to be a perception that because I suddenly became active, I must have been converted.

Please be careful moving forward with this idea. We sit here condemning low activity, then as soon as one player goes from low activity to trying (albeit with a lot of mistaken perceptions due to previous low activity) they get accused of being converted. If someone is only tangentially following the thread and getting the impression that's what my exe is about, they lose all incentive to join again.

I'm not saying this as a way to talk people out, as there are other reasons. Just a cautionary tale for the village moving forward.

Here's the thing, in my view, after Elan, Araris is one of the most likely elims. I just don’t want to give up on a nearly certain elim for a potential Hoid. The cost analysis doesn't work out. In my mind, this is less of the scenic route and more of a quick trip to the gas station for an atlas.

Analogy only works if the Village can afford the time. My assessment is that it cannot. I rest my case. Ruin has offered to forgo their win con. I've said I don't consider this an acceptable sacrifice.

Since when? Is this part of why you are H!reading Araris?

Rather, I am H!reading Araris anyway but if you think Drake could be AC!Odium, and if you think Aut has incentive to move against us soon, then this should be a concerning development.

1. Turtle as Hoid Candidate

I'll note I have Turtle as a subsidiary Hoid candidate - Archer's D2 Turtle vote didn't feel that committed, early Turtle's hard to read but their early fixation with Archer being potentially Bavadin never sat well with me and my comment D1 that I would not have been voting Archer at that point was meant to imply I'd've straight-up voted Turtle. Their fixation on Aut reads like a potential slant an Elim might take, given that Archer was also anti-Aut subsequently, and Mat also tried to emphasise both the factional nature of the game and the doomed nature of an Aut alliance. (I grant all these points tbh - I just think we needed room for Drake to move freely and us bickering with each other gives the Elims room.) Archer straightup unvoting Turtle for not understanding the Elim rules doesn't made sense since Turtle would've had a teammate by then. And it can be perceived as Archer pulling back after sensing the distancing vote went wrong. This timeline requires Archer to have been converted N0 and I'm not sure that's all that plausible, though.

Turtle does demonstrate familiarity with the rules very early, but arguably Hoid would need to know that more than say, a regular Researcher. (Not decisive, but noting.) I also disliked that Turtle at no point bothered to intervene over a faulty V!read of them: I predicated it on them taking the RB action you took D2, but they, having claimed to have taken zero action, said nothing to defuse the read.

Turtle vote in question:

Note I'm willing to buy E!Archer by this point. This is D2 and Archer's Ruin seeking feels like the indiscriminate busywork he promotes as Evil. (Look I can't remember if I typed it here or Bootleg Rave Doc or GM PM, give me a break if I've said this before - TWTBAW applies poorly to Archer in busywork mode.) 

Fifth joins to 'widen the pool.' Unlikely that Fifth/Turtle are teamed. Potential Fadran teaming as Fifth essentially drops Fadran thereafter and never mentions Fadran ever again, and also chooses a Turtle vote over a Fadran vote.

Not sure what to make of Mat slowwalking the Fadran here but FYI reminds me of an interaction I had with Mat in LG94 C1 when I was arguing Alpha was in clear departure from his standard play:

Here's a check at the vc at the point Turtle says they don't want to die but refuses to self-pres (FWIW I don't think anyone who has played QF63 should ever take refusal to self-pres as a sign of V!Turtle.)

Vote Count:

• Turtle (2): Fifth Scholar, Archer
  • Alpha (1): DeTess
  • Fifth Scholar (1): Kasimir
  • Matrim's Dice (1): |TJ|
  • xinoeph512 (1): Elandera

Archer unvotes in response to Turtle expecting a tie and votes Fifth. That's just odd - it's D2, there are two Nights of conversions (N0, N1.) How the hell is this not knowing how the Elim rules works? This is just downright weird reasoning unless I'm drunk. The fact this went unquestioned makes me feel like I was drunk through most of the game. This, next to manifestedly sus D2 behaviour from Archer, makes me feel that he could be protecting Hoid!Turtle. Or teammate I guess - IDK the main thing stopping me is I struggle to see Turtle converting Archer, but I've never been very good at threat modelling Turtle.

Vote Count:

• Turtle (1): Fifth Scholar
  • Alpha (1): DeTess
  • Fifth Scholar (2): Kasimir, Archer

2. Araris as Hoid Candidate

Araris as Hoid candidate makes a certain amount of sense: he's been flying under the radar (as usual), there's a logical reason he'd convert Archer (team dynamic and a clear appreciation for Archer's E!play. [I'd argue, on the side, that Mat is a desire/sentimental converter to some extent: Fifth reads like a 'I want to be teamed with this guy for once' convert, he converted Silho after their previous game together, and I could see Fadran being a similar convert. I need to pull up Mat's conversion psychology from QF62 again smh. Anyway not that relevant here.]

Day One VC:

• The Bald Brandon (4): Szeth_Pancakes, Archer, Elandera, TheAlpha929
  • Archer (4): The Bald Brandon, The Wandering Wizard, |TJ|, DeTess
  • DeTess (2): Matrim's Dice, Sart
  • Channelknight Fadran (1): Fifth Scholar
  • STINK (1): Araris Valerian

Day Two VC:

• TheAlpha929 (4): Kasimir, DeTess, xinoeph512, Matrim's Dice
  • Fifth Scholar (1): Archer
  • Szeth_Pancakes (1): Araris Valerian

Next to Elan, his voting record is more persistently on side-trains: I'd argue that's the perfect place to avoid flak. He picked a weird meta reason to vote on Szeth as well, which explicitly backed/cited Archer's line of thought. I think it struck me as an odd vote because it just failed to take into account Szeth's player profile, and so felt more like a vote that was there for the purpose of existing.

Day Three VC:

• xinoeph512 (5): ElanderaKasimir, |TJ|, Matrim's Dice, Szeth_Pancakes
  • Szeth_Pancakes (4): The Bald Brandon, Araris Valerian, Archer, The Wandering Wizard
  • Araris Valerian (2): Fifth Scholar, DeTess

I am going to run out of colours aren't I. Sigh. Anyway: both of them are on par on D3. 

I think D3 is worth unpacking more. I still read Szeth as V overall. I've made the case for V!Szeth enough times, I'm not going to keep repeating myself as this post is long enough already. As Drake pointed out, it does matter if you think D3 was V/V/E or V/V/V.

Interestingly: Archer votes on Szeth. Which means, I think, we want to look at the trains of D3 more closely. It's certainly the case that Archer and Araris have both (as of D2) expressed Szeth suspicions. But since Araris was a viable candidate at one point, we want to actually follow the vote counts.

Archer makes an uncommitted poke on Elan but chooses to vote Walin for what I found at that time to be slightly V. Walin's continued lurking has changed my mind, FWIW.

Fifth bringing up the spectre of remaining conversions IMO is straight Elim playbook for reads erosion and fearmongering.

I inaugurate the Araris train.

Archer does vote Elan at this juncture. Potential wagon dilution tactics?

Araris (1): Kas
Elan (1): Archer

Very beautiful state of voting, guys :P

Worth noting: Archer does note that Araris has RL impacting activity. Araris replies shortly:

Mat votes Xino. Elan sheeps that and votes Xino. Meanwhile, shortly after, Fifth votes Araris for the post linked above. For...wanting to start PMs? Mat claims it's not V!indicative of Araris and has him in yellows. Araris and Xino become tied for lead trains.

Araris (2): Kas, Fifth
Elan (1): Archer
Xino (2): Mat, Elan

Szeth sheeps Archer onto Elan. This ties the votes yet again because every hour takes us further away from God.

Araris (2): Kas, Fifth
Elan (2): Archer, Szeth

I swap off onto Wiz, feeling bad about heckling Porch Bro. Xino and Elan thus become lead trains. And Araris votes Szeth again.

Araris (1): Fifth
Wiz (1): Kas
Szeth (1): Araris

DeTess votes Araris for what she feels is a perspective slip. This ties up the votes again. With DeTess's willingness to push Elan, doubt they are teamed.

Araris (2): Fifth, DeTess
Szeth (1): Araris

Archer V!reads Araris for "being cool with dying." This is sort of weird because you never really get much of a response from Araris by voting him anyway. He's infamous for that.

TJ creates a four-way tie by voting Szeth with Araris.

Szeth (2): Araris, TJ

And TBB breaks it in favour of Szeth.

Szeth (3): Araris, TJ, TBB

Araris challenges why people are opposed to Szeth, while TJ wants to know why Mat and Elan are voting for Xino. 

Key moment here: Mat votes Araris, tying Szeth and Araris in the lead.

Araris (3): Fifth, DeTess, Mat
Xino (1): Elan

Shortly after, Wiz votes TBB. Side-train hell voy.

TBB (1): Wiz

Archer breaks the tie onto Szeth. It's certainly consistent with his D2 Szeth so far. But this also has the effect of kicking the can away from Araris to keep him a bit safer. Ties don't kill, but Mat just demonstrated that the Araris train was still viable, after all.

Elan (1): Szeth
Szeth (4): Araris, TJ, TBB, Archer

Wiz then further pads the train by stacking yet another Szeth vote. Note: I don't tonally/meta E!read Wiz but I am really not fond of his votes.

Elan (1): Szeth
Szeth (5): Araris, TJ, TBB, Archer, Wiz

I'm not really interested in the rest of the EoD shifts as they concern Xino v. Szeth and Mat pulls off Araris - whom he was willing to endanger anyway so I see them as less likely teamed.

Takeaway from D3: Archer is defensive of Araris in voting, and by stating both that Araris had RL, and that Araris's willingness to die made him Village. He had him moderately high in reads.

On 6/15/2023 at 0:11 AM, Archer said:

Top:
-Kas: On a purely meta level, I have wondered if the GMs spared them the pain of village apathy by making them evil. Autonomy!Kas makes little sense because someone might join him on the worlds he's advertised have Avatars, forcing him to be two people at once. Or at least have conversations with himself. Otherwise, he seems to have gone through a long song and dance about being chill then very much thawing, which seems like V!him genuinely caring about the game.
-Drake and DeTess: Odium related clears.
-Fifth and Turtle and Araris: being cool with dying is village. I guess.

Caveat about Araris: docs exist. Surprised he wants Prudence rather than using them as an engagement strategy. 

He's caveated and at the bottom but in top reads.

D4: Araris doesn't vote. He could be busy (fair, but that doesn't impact his alignment. You could make a meta argument I suppose on whether Ash and Aman would make Hoid a player who explicitly stated they were going to have early activity issues, given how crucial Hoid is to the overall team integrity. But I don't know we want to go there. Still, I'll flag it as a potential defeater to Hoid!Araris.)

I'd note however that seeing the votes stacking up on Archer (remember we ended up with a 6 vote train and the votes mostly stayed), Araris could also have decided it was better to simply not participate - as LG82 shows, Araris's E! vote calculus tends to be based more around 'does doing this look sus?' which was why he bussed Sart that game in a three way tie with two others teammates: he simply calculated it was more suspicious to pull off Sart.

Araris did note in PMs that he had a light Village read on Archer going off D1, feeling that Archer was too casual early on to be Evil from the start, and that Archer nearly being exed on D1 made him a poor convert candidate. This partly parallels Elan's defense of Archer.

That's what I've got: I think the profile fits, Araris kept a positive read of Archer (you could argue I suppose that E!Araris would have bussed hard there, but he replied between these two posts:

I don't feel fully confident in saying E!Araris would have bussed there: I think this at least looks like some form of connection going on, and having a V read but not intervening is also an odd look.)

So nothing to do with Araris's worldhopping: I just had been constructing the profiles and trying to figure out who would convert Archer and realising Araris showed up on both my H/K tables but works better with Hoid than Khriss. There's an Araris-Turtle interaction I noted somewhere btw but this post is long and I'll fish it out again later on. Might've been via Archer, or Turtle-Araris instead.

Edited to add: I'll note STINK and Elan are both still in Hoid profile as well. Just feel that the connection is clearer in the case of Araris and Turtle.

Edited by Kasimir

2 hours ago, Elandera said:

I think I figured out what bothered me so much. I know there are other legitimate reasons for suspicions against me (my support of Archer was rather unfortunate...) but among some players, there seems to be a perception that because I suddenly became active, I must have been converted.

i think only i've mentioned anything along the lines of this so pardon me if youve felt that way. let me clarify, while i did mention your increase in activity, it is the content of the increased activity which i suspect, not that you became active itself. the specific content being - i felt you were trying to get/ convince Kas on your side. it gave me the vibes of ag!evil!coinshot!you.

@Kasimir, whats your opinion on the braize shooter?

5 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

i think only i've mentioned anything along the lines of this so pardon me if youve felt that way. let me clarify, while i did mention your increase in activity, it is the content of the increased activity which i suspect, not that you became active itself. the specific content being - i felt you were trying to get/ convince Kas on your side. it gave me the vibes of ag!evil!coinshot!you.

@Kasimir, whats your opinion on the braize shooter?

Bhai are you frickin' serious.

You are trying to get me to derp clear you aren't you.

Edited to add:

@|TJ| Bhai this is u right now:

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by Kasimir

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

You are trying to get me to derp clear you aren't you.

>> im so out of the loop man, i've missed last 12 hrs of a couple of cycles. if you have revealed the shooter and i missed it, please point me to them. if you havent, how do expect me to knowww? :P. 

9 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

>> im so out of the loop man, i've missed last 12 hrs of a couple of cycles. if you have revealed the shooter and i missed it, please point me to them. if you havent, how do expect me to knowww? :P. 

He Fifth, he dead.

Had better stay that way.

Bro is bro but Evil is Evil there can be no redemption >:(

Edited to add: Like I grant maybe it was my TMI since Ruin spotted him on Braize but he was seriously radiating FAFO energy with how fast he glommed on to the Braize shooter and then insisted we focus on why Drake survived rather than who made the shot. It's why I encouraged JNV to come forward - because Fifth both spotted them on Braize and learned they were Ruin from the Braize doc.

That's also why I aggressively rejected low profile low activity lynches - I felt that absolute latest as N2 was ongoing, Team Khriss at the very least knew that not only had they been beaten to the kill Shards (Ruin IMO is very likely Village, and Odium has killed too many Khriss-teammates to be Team Khriss, and if he is on Team Khriss and wants to Intent Convert out, you know, I'm down for that?) [Edited to add: but that Braize was also going to be destroyed.]

How in that landscape when you realise the Village has an absolute kill monopoly do you justify going completely low profile converts? It's why I disliked Elan's push for Wiz, in a nutshell.

Edited by Kasimir

On 6/19/2023 at 7:43 AM, Kasimir said:

@Szeth_Pancakes: Same question. Your reads on TBB, me, Elan, and DeTess, please?

Ah. Didn’t see this

TBB is leaning village rn, on account of getting a lot of chullcrem from Archer & Elan earlier in the game. But idk what’s happening because someone didn’t end up doing the thing we were planning and that person sure wasn’t me >:( I’m fully aware I probably missed something last night though.

On account of how much you’re putting in to this game, you’re my strongest village read.

DeTess is kind of a null — they haven’t done anything that makes me suspicious of them, but they’re a good conversion target for precisely that reason

Edit: sorry if this don’t make sense

I got on the wrong bus earlier and have spent the past hour & a half trying to get to school & im just really storming done with everything

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

56 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

But idk what’s happening because someone didn’t end up doing the thing we were planning and that person sure wasn’t me >:( I’m fully aware I probably missed something last night though.

Long story short, Drake is sort of stranded on Roshar right now, TBB recruited Mat into the scheme as a sort of 'why not let's just try it' and reaction test, and Drake shot Mat dead.

But I also sort of asked as a bit of a theory (with regard to DeTess v. Elan) as some Elims tend to be quicker to V!read me, and I wanted a baseline given your strong E!read of me in the earlier cycles, so RIP :P It Did Not Work This Time but it was definitely the case in LG93.

For anyone who wants to have fun profiling Mat as a converter:

QF62:

Spoiler

To Convert, or Not to Convert? (updated throughout cycle, maybe)

• TUN – probably not. Has some attention, won’t be around to scheme as often as I’d maybe want. N.B: Mat clearly prioritises synch/ability to scheme. Possible lean against a TBB convert here?

• Araris – Yes, but also out of this entire list Araris is like the only person I’ve been elim with xD Twice, I think? I have been elim with Devo before. And Kas I guess. And whoever else I’m forgetting. Possible but believe this is unlikely because of Mat's willingness to third vote Araris D3, though maybe I got confused by a distancing show since Mat later moved on to instigate a Xino train instead. Unsure. He did have Araris in yellows so.

• Shining – Tempting. Seemed on top of it as my Aes Sedai, only thing is that I’m pretty confident that I can pocket them and it’d be a shame to throw that away. Yeah, you had a good shot at that lol N.B.: Mat liked the good history with Silho, but doesn't want to convert someone who can be pocketed. Take a look at who V!reads Mat early into the game: off the top of my head, DeTess, maybe explains why DeTess wasn't converted. No idea about Archer/TJ, go dig.

• JNV – Also tempting. Perhaps I owe them it after backstabbing them so completely in the past, and JNV’s a competent elim iirc. Was QF66 a turnoff given JNV's last stint? Either way, feels unlikely given JNV's play. Quite certain JNV is V.

• Conq – Perhaps. For some reason I think it’d be hard for me to fake v/v posts with them in thread, if that makes any sense. Ability to fake V/V interactions a consideration.

• Wiz – Doubtful Feel this consideration may have shifted by this juncture.

• Dannex – If he shows up and is active, and gets village read, easy call. But right now he’s got no reads and is being voted on, so :P Worth looking for whether there's a player that fits that profile.

• Devo – Y’know I still can’t read Devo and I know she’s village >> Undecided. I’ll give her a break after last game, I guess. TJ? No? IDK. 

• Bookworm – Doubtful Either no substantial playhistory by this juncture or a single weak game. Worth keeping in mind where Fae and Walin are concerned.

• Archer – Same as Conq, perhaps with a bit more confidence, and I do want to be elim with Archer. That feels like a very powerful team and I like that. I guess I’ll pay attention to what role he seems like he could be softing (even if I am bad at those kind of reads) and how he’s being read. Feels like if this is the case, he got beaten to Archer, potentially. Archer's D1 might also have been a turn-off for him.

• Kas – Nope. Give this guy the chill RP LotR game he signed up for. ...Sorry >> I keep trying but I keep getting aggravated when I feel the Village is screwing the pooh lol. On the bright side, you don't have to regret forcibly conscripting me and watching me nope out straight into an IC...right? ^^

And Archer is like, an obvious conversion target. Who doesn’t want Archer on their team :P

Clearly not now!Mat, smh. But clearly Hoid did.

V!me would be reading Conq elim right now. Shining definitely v reads me so it’d be a shame to convert them. 

Again, keep this in mind as a consideration for who Mat might have left unconverted (DeTess?) I don't believe player psychology shifts too drastically and I don't feel defeating his past meta was too strong on Mat's mind when he had a team to assemble.

Feel the best about that, interestingly enough. Archer was close but I think he’s likelier to be Finwe and I think I’ll work better with Shining, and his player profile matches what I view as ideal. Newer but capable, not under scrutiny. Does this reintroduce Turtle or Fadran as possibilities? STINK isn't new but would absolutely fit the capable and not under scrutiny profile; Fifth also had a fairly quiet N0, all things considered. Fadran accruing some scrutiny from Fifth might dampen this.

I acknowledge the risk that he’ll drastically change as a first time elim, but this game hasn’t been going for very long and he didn’t make more than a few posts. So should be fine on that front. If not, I’ll continue forth knowing I picked the best convertee I thought I could.

And now I’m even happier with my conversion choice, an Orator would be good but I can always make Jewels and Archer is even more an obvious target. Doesn't like to be too obvious in targeting choice, contra-Hoid.

So going down the playerlist:

• TBB
  • Kas (it me!)
  • Wiz
  • Szeth
  • TJ
  • Detess
  • JNV
  • Fae
  • Drake
  • STINK
  • Elan
  • Araris
  • Walin/DrakeI
  • Fadran
  • Turtle

I think we can try to cull a pool of prospective teammates here, and I don't really care if no one else is interested, I at least certainly want to try.

Let's subtract me - it's clear from Mat's reasoning above that he'd probably consider both my antipathy and my stated desire to chill (even if we know I fail awfully at it), plus concerns of me just being a bad Elim and also actually taking exception and defecting to neutral.

<TBB, Wiz, Szeth, TJ, DeTess, JNV, Fae, Drake, STINK, Elan, Araris, Walin/DrakeI, Fadran, Turtle>

Let's subtract DeTess. This is a bit more controversial but: DeTess was willing to go for Mat over Elan, and if they were teamed, I'd argue that DeTess would prioritise Elan, because you don't kill Khriss who has a double siphon over a normal teammate. In addition, as Mat's conversion profile indicates, he likes to keep vocal defenders unconverted, and DeTess was probably the biggest proponent of V!Mat.

<TBB, Wiz, Szeth, TJ, JNV, Fae, Drake, STINK, Elan, Araris, Walin/DrakeI, Fadran, Turtle>

I'm going to remove Szeth. While Mat defended Szeth as his strongest V!read, that was pretty blatant. Szeth's push on me N2 and constant suspicion of me throughout the following cycles (Roshar was tiring y'all he was constantly sussing me) seems more sincere than feigned. In general I just have a positive meta read on Szeth.

<TBB, Wiz, TJ, JNV, Fae, Drake, STINK, Elan, Araris, Walin/DrakeI, Fadran, Turtle>

In theory, Drake could be a convert who decided to Intent Convert (I guess?) and take bloody vengeance. But I kind of don't think Drake is the sort to do that to his team for lulz without warning (well I guess there was his Palpatine game but still) and also I kind of feel he'd probably use the kill more aggressively rather than requesting conversion protection from the Frost line of contact. Drake also noted he's not E!reading Mat. For that reason, let's take him out too.

<TBB, Wiz, TJ, JNV, Fae, STINK, Elan, Araris, Walin/DrakeI, Fadran, Turtle>

Subtract Fae, DrakeI for similar reasons: keep in mind Mat's ideal profile is a player whose capabilities are known but is low profile. This doesn't really gel well with Fae and DrakeI because there's just no known playhistory. (I'd argue similar for Walin - they haven't really had positive interactions given Walin's tendency to inactivity.)

<TBB, Wiz, TJ, JNV, STINK, Elan, Araris, Fadran, Turtle>

Let's take out Wiz. I don't think Mat seriously jumps onto Wiz as a CW and then immediately jumps off again at the first sign of a committed argument: if it was distancing, he should've stayed put to milk it. This is indicative to me that Mat didn't particularly care about Wiz.

<TBB, TJ, JNV, STINK, Elan, Araris, Fadran, Turtle>

JNV is a clear no IMO. Clearly in their Village meta, and having gotten Ruin N0, there's no real window for conversion.

<TBB, TJ, STINK, Elan, Araris, Fadran, Turtle>

We are assuming full conversions here, FYI.

Of the remaining:

• Mat was willing to third vote Araris on D3 close to EoD but soon jolted off and wanted a Wiz CW but hopped off onto a Xino CW that TJ and I were on. In my eyes, that implies that there was no real commitment to Araris suspicions, which could be either pro forma distancing, or simply indicative that there was no sincere suspicion there. Given his self-professed claim of Szeth being his strongest V!read, I lean towards this probably not being extreme bussing.

• Names TBB and DeTess as prime suspicions from the Archer train. Given the flak TBB is kind of receiving from everywhere, leaning against Khriss convert. Mat had that aggressive V!read of TBB all of a sudden on D1 which felt a touch like attempted pocketing. I think there's also @DeTess's reasoning that E!TBB sort of just covertly invites buddies onto the Shard heist. Which...I can kind of see and can of not. I am alright with an E!TBB world but wouldn't be my first port of call. Overall, TBB's D2 RB and willingness to Odium shoot Avatars still gives him some Village cred in my eyes. Mat's comments on TBB from his profile indicates this is probably not a shout he'd favour.

• STINK really has no interactions, but if Mat remembers LG74 and MR56, he'll remember that makes STINK a tough nut to crack and that STINK will put in actions, so given Mat's philosophy, that might have been a call he'd make.

• Elan feels like a weird shout for Mat TBH but I just struggle to see her on either team. Archer is the one with the weird Elan interactions so I'd imagine I could see Archer more: Mat saying he felt E!Elan doesn't work with E!TBB and E!DeTess could be an attempt to leave her for last or to stake her out after gunning for DeTess and TBB first. Inconclusive. If you believe early Mat had at least one V!read on a teammate, then it's likely either Elan or Fadran IMO, with Turtle a distinctive third. Don't quite think he hid them all in nulls.

• Mat GMed Turtle in QF63, so might have remembered Turtle's whack Elim play in that game. But if Mat wasn't going for Alpha, tbh Turtle feels like a rough call given consistent inactivity (see Mat's comments on TBB from his profile.) I will say Turtle seems strangely invested in staying alive for a player who also isn't bothering to play the game subsequently.

• Fadran - mostly feels like an affinity + stop poking me conversion.

• He's worked well with TJ before, and TJ was sussing Mat, so he might be a decent conversion candidate - stacking onto the D4 Archer train doesn't functionally matter here. TJ @ing me about Archer rather than Fifth and finding Archer more Evil than Fifth feels a bit like a deflection move, potentially, to save a teammate. Focus on Aut!Kas theories could be TJ deflecting and trying to move attention away from the two Elim factions.

Gauge <TJ, Elan, Fadran> as set of likely converts, but rest should not be excluded. TBB probably not except in paranoid worlds. Fifth might've influenced recruitment, tbf.

As a side-comment, while digging for my thoughts on the final composition of Team Khriss:

On 6/15/2023 at 7:25 PM, Archer said:

I'd argue there's a difference between them and Xino was of late, and the Mat connection was pretty blatant. I was hoping it'd come down to them or Araris, who I'd still exe for the weird Prudence philosophy 

It's an interesting transition from voting with this guy and defending him D3 to wanting to kill him N3 and it doesn't feel sincere. I wonder if there's some distancing involved.

Drake and TJ have a good interaction here that also points to potential E!Araris IMO:

tldr; I never want to be saying Araris delenda est but I don't really feel that Mat is completely likely to convert in the Flatline Seven apart from <Fadran, STINK, Turtle> but Turtle is unlikely. He emphasises wanting teammates who'll be around, which IMO is a soft strike against Turtle, and a harder one against Fae and DrakeI/Walin. <Elan, TJ, and Fadran> look like potential candidates and I can see Fifth advocating for Elan or STINK.

Also, Araris delenda est, but for Hoid profile reasons. I think there's a secondary Khriss profile for Araris but overall, it's more Hoid.

Edited to add: I suppose the one point in TJ's favour is apparently knowing nothing about the Braize shooter, but I question if that's a deliberate derp.

Edited by Kasimir

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Long story short, Drake is sort of stranded on Roshar right now, TBB recruited Mat into the scheme as a sort of 'why not let's just try it' and reaction test, and Drake shot Mat dead.

Oof.

For some reason, my phone just corrected that to “log”