45 minutes ago, Kasimir said:
  •  
  • Extremely unfond of how Sart has slipped under the radar. Sart should not be getting away with this little public thought into the game - I remember he was a very lethal overlooked Hoid in QF4 (no one @ me I know I'm decrepit). Not seeing anything at all indicative of Hoid's V meta.

are we

is this not night

also wait im sorry im not trying to @ u but QF4?? kjlafhwlksjdhcdksdjhfd

i genuinely need to do homework more now everything is due 12pm tonight so i have 3 hours wish me luck

Just now, Turtle said:

are we

is this not night

It is but there's only so long I can watch zero pressure being applied to that player bracket before I snap with exasperation and while it's dramatic, the red bold should grab attention and make my thoughts clear.

1 minute ago, Turtle said:

also wait im sorry im not trying to @ u but QF4?? kjlafhwlksjdhcdksdjhfd

Sart's Elim game is solid IMO. He won that QF as Hoid and ever since that game, I've refused to let Sart get away with minimum showing up in thread and no ability to form much of a read on him. IIRC he was very much under the radar and a lot of players formed a shooting gallery. I was riding shotgun with Wyrm, Meta, and...Ren? Was it Ren? that game so I remember. He's too lethal for me to be ok with that. Oh, and no disagreement with Archer about Araris being very under the radar.

3 minutes ago, Turtle said:

i genuinely need to do homework more now everything is due 12pm tonight so i have 3 hours wish me luck

Good luck!

41 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Good luck!

Kinda been intentional ghosting because I've just not been in a solving mood and trying for a chill game. I never did get that poem slamdown last game >:(

And I completely forgot that ties kill no one. Already forgot about the end of LG 89 and Stick's last minute ties dooming the village and saving her team. 

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

So how are they going to find each other when there's...so many Shardworlds? You'd think the obvious answer would be they'd hightail to Roshar given the advertisement, but it's just me there. They're better off getting/trying for Prudence and PMing players they believe are likely to be candidates for Elims, because there's no chance of having a Villager see this there.

The bolded assumption is still very strong, because hello, more of the team trying for a Shard >>> less of the team. Your odds are better that way, especially since you can coordinate and N0 showed there was a copious lack of Village cooperation.

I'm not objecting to the idea that it may be revealing, and I think it's worth pointing out Alpha and Stink both claimed to have worldhopped. I'm objecting to the idea that this doesn't seem to have very much basis as an operating assumption.

Edited to add: Furthermore, suppose your theory is right. If all Villagers stay put, isn't it functionally the case that the Elims are simply not going to claim to not be on Silverlight? Who's going to rat them out as lying? So then what's the point of your theory?

Edited to add 2:

• TJ's willingness to retract fundamentally a good look IMO. Weak but there you have it. Not seeing signs of awareness that Hoid and Khriss and Bavadin start with 4 charges. Weak because TJ rules derp is normal.
  • Not sure I'm fond of TBB's assertiveness - feel E!TBB tends to be more willing to be a bit more decisive about his reads. Comparing how much he waffled in LG94 to LG90 (Araris's E!TBB game I think.)
  • Extremely unfond of how Sart has slipped under the radar. Sart should not be getting away with this little public thought into the game - I remember he was a very lethal overlooked Hoid in QF4 (no one @ me I know I'm decrepit). Not seeing anything at all indicative of Hoid's V meta.
  • Slight squintingly + on Alpha for QF66 'one SP' issues - Alpha's claim had that sort of vibe, but I'm taking it back for a lack of willingness to solve, so it washes out. (Yes hypocritical I know.)
  • Elan / Fifth / Drake / Xino et al peripherality not good - yes Fifth, I know and get it, but I also can't simply remove you from PoE that way.
  • Don't disagree with Archer's Turtle read, there's probably something instructive with going back to LG90 and LG91 to re-read (I think? There's a good V/E Turtle comparison to be had) but CBA to do, I'm at a highstorm rave.
  • MR56 vibes from STINK. Don't really feel have a good handle on STINK one way or another, but that's STINK for you.
  • Don't fully disagree with the Mat reads but think the correct comparator here is Mobborn!Mat and I don't really recall how Mat played in that game. Mat keeps emphasising this is a faction game which is a bit hmm given the set-up of the Village wincon functionally and I think comparing his play to LG94 is just fundamentally a mistake because his Mobborn game is probably a better comparator if he's Hoid/Khriss/Bavadin i.e. not Village. Also CBA to do, I'm chilling.
  • I hate doing this but good vibes from JNV because Village meta #why
  • Withholding Archer read pending further confirmation.
  • Look no one said I told you so I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS OK JUST LET ME SAY A BIT AND THEN I'LL TRY TO BE GOOD AND STOP TRYING TO THINK ABOUT THIS GAME OK. 
  • Ok back to highstorm raves.

Edited to add 3: Oh right, Szeth. Noticing marked deviation from LG91 V!Szeth and QF66 V!Szeth. Probably MR61 as well but my memory of that is less fresh. Considering potential E!Szeth world.

Bold mine.

Outside of being an elim, which I don't really know either way, there are two determiners for assertiveness for me. The first, and arguably most important, is activity. I don't tend to be active enough to be properly assertive. The second is whether or not I realize if I'm in danger (assuming I am in danger, I don't tend to need to otherwise). If I realize I'm in danger as village, I scramble to do anything and everything to save myself. I recommend BT2 as an example of this. I still died, but going back and forth from the thread to the doc shows how in overdrive I was.

I think I was also effected by my numerous arguments with Fadran (hi!) over an unrelated matter.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Not coincidentally, most people are 17Sers. They don't have a stockpile of investiture to use on the other worlds and they don't have Super Special abilities that will allow them to survive deep into the game and that give them other responsibilities besides personal ambition. So my theory is villagers stay put, baddies get a move on. The, at best, 1/4 shot at getting a Shard, made worse by lack of coordination (might not even hit the threshold), isn't worth the benefits of travel to a baddies, imo. But I'm interested in what other people think about this. You've got to admit that a small segment of people doing something differently, in this case worldhopping, might be revealing 

Honestly the only people who wouldnt really care about tapping for Shards be it for charges or the one fourth chance of getting it are the two people who arent researchers you know Hoid and Khriss and they have their own abilities while on Silverlight you know Hoid can tap to reduce the breach threshold and Khriss is basically researcher plus they can steal two charges so honestly like theres not really a reason why theyd leave and you know the researchers are there tapping shards and all that so the only people leaving Silverlight are the people going on the rave honestly like if anyone left besides Kasimir Id genuinely be surprised espeicaly since Roshars the prime non Silverlight destination for getting more charges

12 minutes ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Outside of being an elim, which I don't really know either way, there are two determiners for assertiveness for me. The first, and arguably most important, is activity. I don't tend to be active enough to be properly assertive. The second is whether or not I realize if I'm in danger (assuming I am in danger, I don't tend to need to otherwise). If I realize I'm in danger as village, I scramble to do anything and everything to save myself. I recommend BT2 as an example of this. I still died, but going back and forth from the thread to the doc shows how in overdrive I was.

I'm talking about your reads assertiveness. I feel you waffled more about Mat in LG94 and are more assertive about your reads here. To be fair, this is hampered by the fact that if you're say, Hoid or Khriss, you have no way of knowing if which faction a player belongs to (17S, Hoid, Khriss, Bavadin), so I think I'm talking myself into regarding it as being less indicative than I'd otherwise think.

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I'm talking about your reads assertiveness. I feel you waffled more about Mat in LG94 and are more assertive about your reads here. To be fair, this is hampered by the fact that if you're say, Hoid or Khriss, you have no way of knowing if which faction a player belongs to (17S, Hoid, Khriss, Bavadin), so I think I'm talking myself into regarding it as being less indicative than I'd otherwise think.

Read assertiveness? I haven't really expressed any reads, thought now that you mention it, Mat is feeling pretty v.

2 hours ago, The Bald Brandon said:

Read assertiveness? I haven't really expressed any reads, thought now that you mention it, Mat is feeling pretty v.

On 6/8/2023 at 4:01 AM, The Bald Brandon said:

This \/ post shows exactly why I said that. No matter how chill Kas tries to be, this stuff will still leak out. And this alone is enough to make me pretty confident in Kas'  alignment. 

That's a lot more confidence than you showed in LG94 - you were more unsure of Mat on D1. The tone here is more confident and assertive of the read rather than muddled, and I'd wondered if it was E confidence but remembered belatedly the factional nature of this game means that E!you (any faction, not picky) wouldn't be speaking out of E!confidence since all you know is that I'm not on your team.

6 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

That's a lot more confidence than you showed in LG94 - you were more unsure of Mat on D1. The tone here is more confident and assertive of the read rather than muddled, and I'd wondered if it was E confidence but remembered belatedly the factional nature of this game means that E!you (any faction, not picky) wouldn't be speaking out of E!confidence since all you know is that I'm not on your team.

I suppose. 

I would argue I'm normally pretty confident of your alignment and just generally wishy washy on Mat, but I see your point. Suppose I shouldn't argue against a v!read.

Well, see you on the flip side, Gancho.

LG95 Day Two: Spilled Blood and Splintered Bones

Brett wandered the halls of the academy. There were quite a lot of halls, though Brett chose the ones he followed carefully. Someone had been this way. He was sure. He wasn’t sure how he was sure, but he didn’t need to think about much. He didn’t have a brain, after all.

Brett was the name given to one of Sojya’s skeletals, the slightly grisly observation system she employed. There were a few around the Shardic Containment at any point, but with the breach of Ruin there were about twenty watching the still-broken doors.

Each one was keyed to a certain type of Investiture. And while they did not react to the people passing by, they did to the things they wore. And then Brett snapped his skull up, the scent of his target overwhelming all over senses. He ran towards the source.

Unfortunately, Brett was just a skeletal. And Odium does not tolerate interference.

Sart was staying careful. Two Shards had breached, and if those alarms were anything to suggest, at least one had just joined them. Best to take it carefully in these times.

But people reacted different ways to alarms, to panic. And someone had evidently mistaken Sart's care for concealment. Or perhaps they just saw an opportunity.

And blood was shed.

Sart was killed! They were a 17th Shard Researcher!

Odium has Breached Containment!

Drake Inferno has requested a pinch hitter, and has been replaced by @Walin! Welcome them to the game!

Day Two has begun! There will be an execution this cycle.

This turn will end on 10:00 PM PDT / 5:00 AM GMT (+1 Day) on June 11th, in 48 hours. Rollover will likely change the next Night (I still don't have my schedule) and I'll let you know when it does. Good luck to all!

Shard Status:

Spoiler
  • Ambition:       CONTAINED
  • Autonomy:     BREACHED
  • Cultivation:    CONTAINED
  • Devotion:       CONTAINED
  • Dominion:      CONTAINED
  • Endowment:  CONTAINED
  • Honor:            CONTAINED
  • Invention:       CONTAINED
  • Mercy:            CONTAINED
  • Odium:           BREACHED
  • Preservation: CONTAINED
  • Prudence:      CONTAINED
  • Ruin:               BREACHED
  • Survival:         CONTAINED
  • Whimsy:         CONTAINED
  • Valor:              CONTAINED

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - Ivam the Mad
  2. @Kasimir - Evgeny Karamazov 
  3. @The Wandering Wizard - The Poet
  4. @Fifth Scholar - Dr. Mattithias Gunther
  5. @Szeth_Pancakes - Liene
  6. @|TJ| - Al
  7. @DeTess - Tessa DeLoren
  8. @Archer - Oliver Cosmos
  9. @JNV - Jai
  10. @xinoehp512 - Xorial
  11. @The Last Fæ -
  12. @DrakeMarshall - Adjunct Professor Uther
  13. @Matrim's Dice - Sir Arren Brockett
  14. Sart - 17th Shard Researcher
  15. @STINK - 
  16. @Elandera - Telan
  17. @Araris Valerian - 
  18. @Walin -  
  19. @TheAlpha929 - Felt Jr.
  20. @Channelknight Fadran -
  21. @Turtle - Letta Turson
  22. VOCALS

Clarifications:

Spoiler
  • You may only pass one Charge of Investiture or one Shard in a Passing action.
  • Charges of Investiture (whether Autonomy Charges or other Charges) held by Autonomous Players do not count towards the Autonomous Sudden Death Win Condition.
  • Multiple factions can win at the same time if they complete their (Normal or SD) win conditions at the same time. I don't think there's a way to get all 4 main factions to win at the same time, but if you all find one... congratulations?
  • Invention's Investment Ability can be used on Avatars, which will grant Invention an Autonomy Charge.
  • All actions are limited to once per cycle, unless otherwise noted (Autonomy's Shardic, Whimsy's Shardic, and Researcher returning Shards to Containment).
  • Vessel Action and Vessel Shield do not stack. Vessels can "gain" them from other sources, but that only matters if they pass their Shard while they would still have Vessel Action/Vessel Shield from another source.
  • Avatars can exist on the same Shardworld as each other.
  • Shardworlds get a new Doc each time the player list on that Shardworld changes.
  • Avatars and players will be put in the player list for each Shardworld Doc (i.e. you can't pretend you're not there).
  • Shardworld presences are not publicized in thread.
  • Hoid and Khriss's Conversions take place before Shardic Inheritance from Breaching (or other reasons).
  • Consuming Investiture does take actions.
  • Charges of Investiture that are used then Roleblocked are lost, as are Charges of Investiture used on a Roleblocked Shardworld action.
  • Hoid and Khriss do not lose Conversion Charges on Roleblocked or failed conversions.
  • In the event that Hoid and Khriss target the same player for conversion, both conversions fail.
  • The only abilities that contribute to Shardic Breaching are Researcher Siphons, Khriss's double-Siphon, and Hoid's Sabotage.
  • Returned keep the alignment and win condition they died with when they Return.
  • Valor Charges cannot be used on yourself.
  • Worldhopping is only a Day action.
  • Two players using actions to create 1-on-1 PMs with each other will consume both Charges/actions/etc and only create 1 PM.
  • Avatars only count as players for the Autonomous win condition, not for other factions' win conditions.
  • Avatars in Shardworlds and Ambition in the Cognitive Realm should speak in bold - other players should not (a bit for emphasis is okay, just don't write entire sentences).
  • You cannot create PMs with Avatars.
  • You cannot cut players in half.

20 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Odium has Breached Containment!

:fear:

I forget how deaths work in this game :P. Was that from us, or one of the factions, can we tell? Are Night deaths just from charges of investiture? Edit: Wait, was probably Ruin. 

Fae

Edited by Matrim's Dice

13 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

:fear:

I forget how deaths work in this game :P. Was that from us, or one of the factions, can we tell? Are Night deaths just from charges of investiture?

Fae

Factions don't have kills iirc. Ruin does, as does Odium and Odium investiture on  the chargeless. I'd reckon this kill was probably ruin, as Sart would have to be chargeless to die to Odium investiture (or they got multi-tapped).

Alpha, so far you've contributed very little. Could you share some reads or other thoughts? @TheAlpha929

I'll try to post some more reads of my own, but it is getting very warm here for today and tomorrow which plays absolute havoc with my ability to concentrate, so chances are I'll play fairly loose this cycle still.

@Kasimirjust wanted to point out that you didn't even make it out of N1 before posting a reads list :P

Edited by DeTess

smh still barely any shards getting out is Survival really that uninteresting guys ur making me sad

also I'm sad my fellow Drake had to depart :(

understandable tho, come back anytime we have cookies and murder :)

Welcome to the madhouse @Walin! we have cookies and murder! in that order

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

@Kasimir just wanted to point out that you didn't even make it out of N1 before posting a reads list :P

I find it endearing how bad at this he is :P

fwiw I think y'all should actually listen to a lot of his points though even lowkey kas is still smart

4 hours ago, DeTess said:

Factions don't have kills iirc. Ruin does, as does Odium and Odium investiture on  the chargeless. I'd reckon this kill was probably ruin, as Sart would have to be chargeless to die to Odium investiture (or they got multi-tapped).

Basically the main two possibilities.

4 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I forget how deaths work in this game :P. Was that from us, or one of the factions, can we tell? Are Night deaths just from charges of investiture? Edit: Wait, was probably Ruin. 

Odd question given claims this is a faction game. You'd imagine that'd be the biggest factor grounding a 'this doesn't work like V/E though' in your head.

Alpha, so far you've contributed very little. Could you share some reads or other thoughts? @TheAlpha929

Question for you. I re-read and on seeing your reasoning on Hoid and Khriss wrt Alpha, I don't disagree. Since Shards can't be converted, Hoid and Khriss withholding the conversion sort of winds them into trouble because it gives the Village a free shot at getting unconvertable players. The longer/more they withhold, the worse it gets. Logically, converting N0 was the reasonable move. Which means that having done an action N0 in a soft-confirmed way is a good look.

Is your line of thought then that E!Alpha lied about burning a charge and is teamed with Drake?

(Because I agree that I'm not a fan of Alpha's lack of WiM, and tend to find that characteristic of E!Alpha. He did get @ for lack of WiM as well in the QF I just finished GMing but I believe that was extremely early game.)

@Kasimirjust wanted to point out that you didn't even make it out of N1 before posting a reads list :P

I Tried ;-;

also it is not a reads list i swear it is not a reads list it is Just Thoughts

2 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I find it endearing how bad at this he is :P

I TRIED ;-;

look im still tryin u don't give up on ur plan if it is a good one smh

don't stop belieeeeeevin

hold on to that feeeeeeliiiin yeaaaaah

roshar people

livin just to fiiiiiind emotion

brb lemme see if I can get VOCALS on this!

also I'm sad my fellow Drake had to depart :(

So am I, I just loaded up the DLC too!

Spoiler

image.png

fwiw I think y'all should actually listen to a lot of his points though even lowkey kas is still smart

I'd prefer no sheeping. That's sort of the point of exkasperated thread thought dump, in case anything doesn't make sense.

Not the worst that we have low breaches. Does indicate a chronic lack of coordination, but that's the way these things are, and I'm not opposed to the world in which fewer Shards are out of containment since if we can mow our way through Hoid, Khriss, and Bavadin before too many breach, we can just stuff the last two back and call it a day and SD wincon.

(Dunno how well this plays with Intent Conversion, tbf.)

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Question for you. I re-read and on seeing your reasoning on Hoid and Khriss wrt Alpha, I don't disagree. Since Shards can't be converted, Hoid and Khriss withholding the conversion sort of winds them into trouble because it gives the Village a free shot at getting unconvertable players. The longer/more they withhold, the worse it gets. Logically, converting N0 was the reasonable move. Which means that having done an action N0 in a soft-confirmed way is a good look.

Is your line of thought then that E!Alpha lied about burning a charge and is teamed with Drake?

(Because I agree that I'm not a fan of Alpha's lack of WiM, and tend to find that characteristic of E!Alpha. He did get @ for lack of WiM as well in the QF I just finished GMing but I believe that was extremely early game.)

That claim doesn't rule out them being Bavadin, or a convert. A significant part of my vote on them is that I just want them to start taking part more, as it'll be impossible to get any sort of read on them otherwise, and they're not really contributing to the village, so might as well be a neutral/elim. If Sart had not just gotten killed I might have gone after them to start with in the same way as well.

Or to put it another way, I suppose based on what happened last game I'm willing to revive the idea of a contribution crusade in the opening act of this one.

12 minutes ago, DeTess said:

That claim doesn't rule out them being Bavadin, or a convert. A significant part of my vote on them is that I just want them to start taking part more, as it'll be impossible to get any sort of read on them otherwise, and they're not really contributing to the village, so might as well be a neutral/elim. If Sart had not just gotten killed I might have gone after them to start with in the same way as well.

Or to put it another way, I suppose based on what happened last game I'm willing to revive the idea of a contribution crusade in the opening act of this one.

Yeah, I'm down with that, as I believe lack of WiM is a significant E!Alpha tell. I'm more curious about your line of thought here.

I will say I don't think they're Bavadin, based off how VOCALS has been acting in Roshar, having also seen how Alpha behaves offscreen. Having been converted is certainly very possible here. Slight wariness of the comment they could have been converted as I believe Elims often like to emphasise this more in order to justify eroding reads certainty. At the same time, this would be an odd move given you were also the one to have entrenched Alpha in the first place. (Interested in why you left the convert possibility out the previous Day.)

12 minutes ago, DeTess said:

I would argue this makes more sense regardless because I expect Hoid and Khriss and Bavadin to all be hiding in the low activity but present/under the radar tier. They're not here to stir controversy though I imagine if they can get off free lynches on the other faction, they will. Probably an asterisk for players like Archer, but regardless, the sweet spot to be is overlooked, rather than obviously inactive.

In light of which:

Szeth.

Get worse vibes from STINK tbh (cf. MR56 janitor) but don't want to vote on a returnee anytime before C3 given how long STINK has been missing.

...I'll keep trying to stay out of this >>

Edited by Kasimir