Long Game 94: The Call of the Forest of Hell

Elandera

25 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Yeah, I'm kinda busy in the middle of a vacation. Not on my phone very much and there's not much to say it feels like.

What are your opinions on those in the mech pool? (Ash, JNV, Illwei)

Sorry, I said reads were coming soon, but apparently not.

V reads- Devo (why else would I have passed the mask), TJ for the most part, but I do tend to v read people who are sus of me. 

Idek- Steel (just not much to go off of), Illwei

E reads-  JNV, Mat, Ash

I can't really think of anyone else atm

10 minutes ago, Illwei said:

where am I

red

Alpha, I think? Not sure if that counts as an unvote if that's what you're trying to do lol

4 minutes ago, TheAlpha929 said:

no

Reveal hidden contents

gut, mostly. You just haven't felt super helpful. Then, I haven't been that helpful either.

Tbf passing Devo a mask is more than I've done :P. My usefulness was expended when I was bonked D1. But I think I'm doing slightly better than, say, Steel, in that regard, who you put higher, though I realize you're probably sheeping Kas to some extent there.

Don't really care cause I still think you're village, mostly just curious as I think I'm more or less consensus v

4 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Alpha, I think? Not sure if that counts as an unvote if that's what you're trying to do lol

Tbf passing Devo a mask is more than I've done :P. My usefulness was expended when I was bonked D1. But I think I'm doing slightly better than, say, Steel, in that regard, who you put higher, though I realize you're probably sheeping Kas to some extent there.

Don't really care cause I still think you're village, mostly just curious as I think I'm more or less consensus v

Oh crap I totally am sheeping kas 

it's not like he's the se god or anything

Spoiler

or is he -_^

EDIT: @Illwei I'm still confused *cough* stupid kindle *cough* what color is the bolded "red"? and what do you mean by it? 

Spoiler

did i hit the wrong color again

Edited by TheAlpha929

Ash (3): Matrim, Steel, Alpha
JNV (3): DeTess, Ash, Devotary
Alpha (2?): TJ, Illwei?
TJ (1): JNV

Very tight voting. VitC could wreak havoc on these results. I'm finding it difficult to choose between Ash and JNV. Both claimed an elder sign pendant, JNV in PM and Ash in thread. Pendant was easier for JNV to fake since it was early enough that the elims still had protection, but Ash also isn't going to be attacked so I'm not trusting that claim either unless he passes the pendant to someone. I'm not sure if passing an item to someone breaks pallid mask. Well maybe I'll give him a chance. Three pallid masks all being village is still a stretch given how much other protection seems to be happening, but I trust DeTess, I think TJ voting for a pallid mask candidate is a good look since an elim one wouldn't want to narrow down the pool, and e!Alpha gives up a valuable protection item. I can see those latter two being evil if TJ really wants to protect someone in the mech pool or alpha really needed trust but not yet I think. 

JNV.

Spoiler

If Steel’s going to shoot me tonight anyway with his item-he’s-using-tonight, exeing me now keeps the Pendant in play. Although I don’t particularly V read anyone voting me except maybe Mat.

The great ones slumber in their dwelling. As each day passes, as the sun rises and falls again below Hell, they stir. 

Soon. Very soon.

Ashbringer has been executed! He was a Homesteader!

Vote Count:

Ashbringer (3) - Matrim's Dice, TheAlpha929, Steeldancer
JNV (3) - Ashbringer, DeTess, Devotary of Spontaneity
TheAlpha929 (2) - Illwei, |TJ|
|TJ| (1) - JNV
Araris (1) - 

Wrath of Shades Counter: 10%

This turn will end Tuesday, May 9 at 8:30 p.m. PDT / Wednesday, May 10 at 1:30 p.m. AEST.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Known Novel - Crazy Hary
  2. Archer Cultist 
  3. @Matrim's Dice - Enatnom
  4. @Araris Valerian - Read My Role
  5. Telrao / @Illwei - Ealmin
  6. Kasimir Homesteader Shade Expert
  7. The Last Fae Homesteader Thief
  8. Amanuensis Cultist with Iron Will
  9. Sart Homesteader Writer
  10. @TheAlpha929 - Roosevelt
  11. AshbringerHomesteader
  12. @|TJ|
  13. @DeTess
  14. @JNV - Jen
  15. @Steeldancer Lord Momo of the Momo Dynasty
  16. @Alvron - Navor
  17. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Surnia

Rule Clarifications:

Spoiler
  1. Wrath of Shades can only kill the person who sent in the action that triggered it. If a Cultist and a Crossbow user both kill in the same night, they are both rolled at the same percentage and could both be killed.
  2. If a Cultist and Crossbow user are the only ones alive at a night turn, both take action to kill the other, and no other actions are involved (such as the Pallid Mask), the game will end on a tie.
  3. Pallid Mask and Elder Sign Pendant are both passive items.
  4. You cannot use Voice in the Crowd to change a vote to a no vote.
  5. Pallid masks do not stop such actions as opening PMs or passing items as they are not "actions taken against" a player, as in not aggressive actions.
  6. Any form of protection or roleblock that stops an attack, no matter where in the OoA, will cause Broken Survivors unless specifically stated otherwise. 
  7. You will always be informed if you lose an ability, role, or item. 
  8. Iron Will prevents Broken Survivors as it is not their own action that caused it. I believe in this ruleset, the only form of insanity it does not protect against is using the spell book. Previous iterations had more actions with insanity consequences.
  9. The chance of a Shade attack is never zero.
  10. Pallid Masks do not stop from being voted on via Voice in the Crowd.
  11. Those who kill another player have a 5% chance of their precautions failing, thus they will be attacked by the shades and killed. This does not include the execution. Every time a player kills another player the chances of enraging the Shades increases by 5%. Once someone dies to the Shades, the percentage resets.

JNV/Alpha/Alvron/Steel/Mat - hope the elims are among these.

Repeating my point again, there had to have been some effort to protect Archer D1. If Alpha is also village, then I'll be looking at Mat for the bus. If no one decided to protect Archer, might as well distance themselves from each other. 

Also not liking the high confidence that Mat has in v!Alpha. Either they are teammates or he has TMI. Kas is right in that I'd expect v!Mat to be more involved at this stage of the game. 

Who else is remaining from the N3 kill pool? JNV, Illwei and ?

Anyway, we have a few paths to choose here - D1 vote or kill pool. But unless you believe Illwei is evil, there IS a killer outside the pool as JNV was blocked N4. 

3 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

Who else is remaining from the N3 kill pool? JNV, Illwei and ?

Just JNV and Illwei, but mat got cleared based on the D1 stuff rather than mech, and TJ and alvron cleared eachother, so if they're team mates they could also be options.

1 minute ago, DeTess said:

Just JNV and Illwei, but mat got cleared based on the D1 stuff rather than mech, and TJ and alvron cleared eachother, so if they're team mates they could also be options.

I've only cleared Alvron for N3 though, he could still be a team-mate of the N3 killer. And not to account for extraordinary circumstances like the elims having two kills during N3 (cross-bow) and you getting hit by one of the kills and me targeting an attacking Alvron with my rebound hitting e!SE!Alvron so he doesn't appear insane. He's still in my PoE for elim team. 

17 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

I've only cleared Alvron for N3 though, he could still be a team-mate of the N3 killer. And not to account for extraordinary circumstances like the elims having two kills during N3 (cross-bow) and you getting hit by one of the kills and me targeting an attacking Alvron with my rebound hitting e!SE!Alvron so he doesn't appear insane. He's still in my PoE for elim team. 

It's fine to keep him in the PoE, just the only way he could be the one that attacked me is if you are his teammate and lied about the redirect.

2 minutes ago, DeTess said:

It's fine to keep him in the PoE, just the only way he could be the one that attacked me is if you are his teammate and lied about the redirect.

Yeah, that's correct. He's not the person who attacked you. Think Kas and Devo were the only ones who knew I was targeting Alv. 

Yeah, so for the record, the group of suspects we established D4 was not a group that had to contain all elims, but rather just the group that had to contain the one that attacked me. The other elim(s) could be outside that group.

Okay, so I wan to quickly go over the protective items that have been claimed or revealed.

Pallid Mask: DeTess, TJ, Alpha
Silver bones: Araris, Mat, Kas (shade expert)
Pendant: Ash

That's a lot of protective power, and I highly doubt it was all in the hands of the village. In particular, I think it is likely that one of Araris and Mat is evil, as I don't see the village having three sets of silver bones.