You know. I'm thinking through something. And assuming you guys (meaning the thread) take me at my word for my role and everything and assume me and my Lynchbait extra vote buddy are both village, that's probably a death sentence for whoever that goes to. So...maybe everyone forget which three people I said it'll happen to? Maybe? :P

EDIT: which three it could happen to. I should reread my posts before I send them.

Edited by StrikerEZ

1 minute ago, StrikerEZ said:

You know. I'm thinking through something. And assuming you guys (meaning the thread) take me at my word for my role and everything and assume me and my Lynchbait extra vote buddy are both village, that's probably a death sentence for whoever that goes to. So...maybe everyone forget which three people I said it'll happen to? Maybe? :P

EDIT: which three it could happen to. I should reread my posts before I send them.

I'm sure the elims are worried about village protection roles, so I think we'll be okay there. And confirmed "oranged" villagers can still be very useful in discussion

27 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

dont really recall how bad mat plays smh. its been a while. i was reading him mild village but i think i need to reconsider and closely observe. also the whole analysis ^ from stick about mat. pure ag8 vibes. 

Ngl I first read that as you questioning my elim skill level and I was about to raise a few eyebrows :ph34r: What do you mean by ag8 vibes?

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

We’re never going to get an alignment scan are we.

Also question for @The Known Novel - do you know what happens when you get a Penalty Kick? And does it sound like you’re able to use a Penalty Kick when able, or you’re supposed to have one used on you?

I would quote but, um,

Screenshot_20230129-235617_Chrome.jpg.3d4ae0d546fdbd7dd8f2e8722a43e1bf.jpg

So, paraphrasing I have no abilities (that I know of) but I am able to receive (dunno how or why) a penalty kick (no further info, assuming I get more when I receive said penalty kick).

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Oh yeah voting is a thing

The Known Novel

That's not very nice of you.

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

Tell me about your TKN suspicions

Yes, do tell.

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

You misunderstand, I just want to know which roles actually exist and which roles don’t 

TMI? :P.

Thoughts on me, since I was and you didn’t mention me?

Yeah, honestly, I'm like 75% sure my role actually exists. Maybe 80% if I'm pushing it.

54 minutes ago, |TJ| said:

smh i missed to quote this part - 

words here cause quote be mergation - 

hoping and praying you get a vote added to your name this cycle? xD honestly though why were you afraid of being nkd in c1? i know i havent been here in a while and meta might have changed but baddies didnt kill vocal slash strong players in n1. 

Unless it's me. As long as I'm not trying to hide my kill meta.

Edit: @_Stick_, in response to your 'why claim vanilla' question, I did it for the same reason I asked for a troll. I'm (kinda) trying to bait the kill (or am I? Take that elims) since I'm just a vanilla who gets some unknown ability under unknown circumstances. Well, and I want to know what happens when I'm trolled, if anything.

Edited by The Known Novel

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I knew Stick was about B.R.E.A.D.

huh?

Huh? 

JNV  @JNV you do be uncharacteristically quiet 

Edit:

5 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Edit: @_Stick_, in response to your 'why claim vanilla' question, I did it for the same reason I asked for a troll. I'm (kinda) trying to bait the kill (or am I? Take that elims) since I'm just a vanilla who gets some unknown ability under unknown circumstances. Well, and I want to know what happens when I'm trolled, if anything.

Wait why/how does claiming vanilla entice the elims to kill you? Like, you only claimed that Midfielder bit after Aman said he’d spare a volunteer.

Edited by _Stick_

7 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Huh? 

Edit:

Wait why/how does claiming vanilla entice the elims to kill you? Like, you only claimed that Midfielder bit after Aman said he’d spare a volunteer.

Apologies, don't know why I phrased it that way. I claimed vanilla to try to push off the elim kill, then had a change of heart that made me decide to just try get killed (took a page out of our GMs book). It also plays into a theory on the penalty kick of mine. 

39 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Ngl I first read that as you questioning my elim skill level and I was about to raise a few eyebrows :ph34r: What do you mean by ag8 vibes?

lmaoooo nah nah youre my first elim bro, i can never badmouth your elim skills :P. ag8 vibes meaning stick feels like ag8 stick. 

11 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

tiiiny bit more sus of porchwatcher than jnv. willing to move here to consolidate later if there are no takers for araris. 

13 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

Apologies, don't know why I phrased it that way. I claimed vanilla to try to push off the elim kill, then had a change of heart that made me decide to just try get killed (took a page out of our GMs book). It also plays into a theory on the penalty kick of mine. 

Sorry for tricking you into believing I was neutral, but I suspected that Strikers need to use their action first to get the Penalty Kick to happen and wanted to see if I could coordinate it somehow by getting reveals. I appreciate your claim very much, though you gave it under false pretenses since I never really had the ability to kill you. My bad.

Edited by Amanuensis

4 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I think Randby should’ve gotten information on both roles instead of just one if Aman really has two of them. 

Idk. Hybrids can only use one role a night, so it might just be RNG’d. Depends on if the RPer effect says “a role” or “their role(s)”. @Devotary of Spontaneity

Also, I was the first player to suggest the existence of hybrid roles via fake Refugee ability interaction logic. I did this to signal to other Hybrids I’m one of them. Then Striker came out having two different Forum Family Roles, so at the very least you know I’ve known about Hybrids ahead of time. Could mean I’m an elim paired with a Hybrid, but I think Devo should be able to clarify.

Edited by Amanuensis

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

Also, I was the first player to suggest the existence of hybrid roles via fake Refugee ability interaction logic. I did this to signal to other Hybrids I’m one of them. Then Striker came out having two different Forum Family Roles, so at the very least you know I’ve known about Hybrids ahead of time. Could mean I’m an elim paired with a Hybrid, but I think Devo should be able to clarify.

:ph34r:

Question:

Why did Tani die?

As far as I can tell, they made one post last cycle, asking where their PM from Archer was. 

I can’t see them being the target of a village vig kill, and I can’t see them having been lurched (with the lurch trolled), so strongly suspect they were the target of a benevolent elim team.

Why was Devotary then targeted, and by whom? Again, I’d be surprised to see her a vig kill target, so am more inclined to wonder whether we had lurching go wrong (whether deliberately or otherwise. Am I right in thinking that Matrim knew he was being targeted by Aman?

Why can’t you see a Village Vig killing inactive-Tani?

Especially when Parity is going to matter so much this game. We’re not going to be able to learn nearly as much, and we’re not going to know when we’re safe from Exelo when having inactives hurts so much more. Hence my push on Dannex.

32 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Why can’t you see a Village Vig killing inactive-Tani?

Especially when Parity is going to matter so much this game. We’re not going to be able to learn nearly as much, and we’re not going to know when we’re safe from Exelo when having inactives hurts so much more. Hence my push on Dannex.

Because if parity matters, all killing a village inactive does is bring the eliminators closer to parity. There is no world in which a living but largely inactive village Tani is less useful than a dead Tani.

This obviously doesn’t hold if Tani is an inactive eliminator, but a coinshot wouldn’t have been able to make a sensible alignment determination from Tani’s single post.

Oh my gosh.

So, yesterday when I was slightly sleep deprived, my brain didn't see the chaos I was creating.

But now I do...

8 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Omg love it.

ED1T:

@Ashbringer Yeah I’m a Troll / Team Captain hybrid.

@Random Bystander did you get my second role too?

And no.

I don't think that's how they made my role as a Roleplayer work. 

But I do know that you are most certainly a troll.

As a roleplayer, I can target someone, and temporarily gain their abilities.

Anyway, I'm going back to bed for a bit.