10 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I hadn't heard of it but I just googled it and it looks interesting. I'm sure it will be fun!! (What's a region piece?)

I have just begun a play called Metamorphoses that is about a bunch of greek myths and casting is next week! 

(So we do region and then state theatre competitions, it’s probably just an American thing. Basically we compete in a bunch of different categories, mine is a contemporary scene.)

Oo, I think I’ve heard of that!! Break a leg!!!

On 2/3/2024 at 3:12 AM, Edema Rue said:

(So we do region and then state theatre competitions, it’s probably just an American thing. Basically we compete in a bunch of different categories, mine is a contemporary scene.)

Oo, I think I’ve heard of that!! Break a leg!!!

Ah yeah, we don't do that here. Sounds cool though.

Cast list is out and I am: 

Midas’ servant, Hunger, Orpheus, Apollo, Philemon, and other background characters without speaking roles.

I'm quite exited! Especially about Apollo. 

Also, I get to compose a sea shanty, do makeup, costuming, lighting and other assorted production roles and learn some Italian Opera for it so, FUN!

• 4 weeks later...

THEATRE! I love theatre so much and 100% consider myself a theatre kid, even though I only discovered my love of it less than a year ago, when I was a "crewsie" for my school's production of Newsies. Since then, I have played Ms. Bropila in This Is a Text for a regional drama festival, and I am currently playing Mrs. Puff (plus a myriad of chorus roles) in my school's upcoming performance of The SpongeBob Musical. I haven't had the chance to familiarise myself with many shows so far, but I did get to see a tour production of Hadestown in November, and it was... ❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹... beautiful beyond words. I may have left the theater sobbing and been mostly nonverbal the next day. Honestly, it was that moment when I understood that theatre had saved my life, and, no matter where I choose to go or who I choose to be, theatre will always be a part of my life. Since then, I have slowly been working my way through cast recordings, and my darling children so far are Newsies, Hamilton, Hadestown, Heathers, SpongeBob, Come From Away, The Prom, and, most recently, Wicked (I listened to it for the first time three days ago and it has being playing non-stop in my mind since then 🖤💚🤍). Um, yeah, that is all! 🎭

YAY!!!! I LOVE THEATRE TOOOO WELCOME!! I GET TO SEE HADESTOWN ON BROADWAY IN TWO WEEKS AND I'M SO EXCITED TO BAWL MY EYES OUT!!

...favorite role you've ever had and why, go:

*winces* I'm sorry this is illegal double posting

BUT GUYS I GET TO GO TO A BEHIND THE SCENES TOUR FOR WICKED ON BROADWAY AAHAHAHAHA

IM SO EXCITED

AND I GET TO SEE HADESTOWN AND THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG ON THE SAME DAY AND ALADDIN ON A DIFFERENT DAY AND IT’LL BE GREAT

1 minute ago, The cheeseman said:

HADESTOWN IS STILL ON TOUR?? MY GIRLFRIEND LOVES IT

well I’m seeing it on Broadway in NYC, so…I don’t know?

GOOD I LOVE HER (in a not creepy way) SHE HAS GREAT TASTE

• 2 weeks later...

I got to see the dress rehearsal for an amateur production of Spamalot yesterday, and it was SO FUN!! The entire cast was fantastic, but the woman who played The Lady of Lake was an absolute showstealer with a voice to match! It was, altogether very well done, and I'll be glad for the inspiration during tech in a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I do tech for my high school, mainly construction and stage management, but I also think puppets are cool (Me and my dad made a Broadway style Milky White for my high school's production of Into The Woods)

We have one of those theatre horror stories with our spring musical. 30-35 people audition, the cast list is (for some reason) posted at lunch on a Monday, and by 2 weeks in a third of our cast has quit, mostly because they were mad a sophomore got the lead role. Fast forward to 3 weeks before the performance, one of the leads (a minor one but still) quits. I was promoted to her role, memorisation is fun. Tech week just started, we’ll see how the rest of the musical goes! :)

11 hours ago, ecjhtheedgedancer said:

We have one of those theatre horror stories with our spring musical. 30-35 people audition, the cast list is (for some reason) posted at lunch on a Monday, and by 2 weeks in a third of our cast has quit, mostly because they were mad a sophomore got the lead role. Fast forward to 3 weeks before the performance, one of the leads (a minor one but still) quits. I was promoted to her role, memorisation is fun. Tech week just started, we’ll see how the rest of the musical goes! :)

Good luck! What's the musical and what's your new role? 

13 hours ago, ecjhtheedgedancer said:

Yikes, that's a lot of people quitting! Good luck with tech week and the musical!

16 hours ago, ecjhtheedgedancer said:

Oh stormsthat's awful.

I'm back into tech week! 3 hour rehearsals today and tomorrow, then no rehearsal because state theatre, which I'll be at, and where we'll (hopefully) be beating @Ancient Elantrian and @Shardwatcher01's schools, then we have rehearsal Monday-Friday next week, with our 7 hour rehearsal on Saturday and trying to figure out our live band, and then we have final dress Monday Tuesday, then we perform Thursday-Monday. Stars above, how am I supposed to keep passing school...

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Oh stormsthat's awful.

I'm back into tech week! 3 hour rehearsals today and tomorrow, then no rehearsal because state theatre, which I'll be at, and where we'll (hopefully) be beating @Ancient Elantrian and @Shardwatcher01's schools, then we have rehearsal Monday-Friday next week, with our 7 hour rehearsal on Saturday and trying to figure out our live band, and then we have final dress Monday Tuesday, then we perform Thursday-Monday. Stars above, how am I supposed to keep passing school...

Holy cow dude, remember to hydrate 

Spoiler

and people wonder why I don't do extracurriculars . . .

16 hours ago, ecjhtheedgedancer said:

Is the sophomore good?

And yeah that sucks

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Oh stormsthat's awful.

Yep they don't give you much time...

21 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Good luck at State! what are you doing?

5 hours ago, justice magician said:

Holy cow dude, remember to hydrate 

Reveal hidden contents

and people wonder why I don't do extracurriculars . . .

Heehee I’ll try…it’s so fun though. 

5 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Is the sophomore good?

And yeah that sucks

Yep they don't give you much time...

Yeah…but it’s ok because I love it. 

5 hours ago, Pineap-spider said:

Good luck at State! what are you doing?

Thanks!! I’m doing a contemporary scene, it’s from a play called Love/Sick, basically I confess my love to a guy and he freaks out and loses his hearing, it’s really funny. 

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Thanks!! I’m doing a contemporary scene, it’s from a play called Love/Sick, basically I confess my love to a guy and he freaks out and loses his hearing, it’s really funny. 

I looked it up, and found a preview of the first 2 scenes! I quite enjoyed them, very humerous and witty, with a touch of the absurd. The play sounds super fun, knock em' dead!

On 4/9/2024 at 10:12 AM, Pineap-spider said:

Good luck! What's the musical and what's your new role? 

Wizard of Oz, and Aunt Em

On 4/9/2024 at 11:57 AM, Soulbinder said:

Yikes, that's a lot of people quitting! Good luck with tech week and the musical!

Thanks!

On 4/9/2024 at 2:56 PM, Edema Rue said:

Oh stormsthat's awful.

Wow. Break a leg!

On 4/9/2024 at 3:01 PM, Cash67 said:

Is the sophomore good?

Yes, they’re awesome, and definitely the best person for the role.

2 minutes ago, ecjhtheedgedancer said:

Yes, they’re awesome, and definitely the best person for the role.

Then the rest of the cast who quit is kinda immature. (Offense slightly intended but not really). Disappointment makes sense but quitting is not a great move…

On 4/9/2024 at 1:56 PM, Edema Rue said:

How'd you do at State?

36 minutes ago, Pineap-spider said:

How'd you do at State?

Well, we did really well…one of our pieces medaled and 3 made it to finals rounds, but overall we got 8th because a few people didn’t come (which was silly, they didn’t even tell our director). I’m also a weeeeee bit bitter because our one act, Peter, was amazing, and was everyone’s favorite to watch (at least, everyone I talked to) but didn’t place because the judges like a certain school…

But we all did our best, and the people who won were squirming, so…yay!

Auditions are TERRIFYING though, I’m F R E A K I N G out but I’ll survive I’ll survive maybe…