So the older people at my drama studio are doing a play and they needed extra bodies (literally) so they asked me to help out! It's Clue: on stage! And I get to die twice (booyah!) and do a whole bunch of behind the scenes stuff! :D 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2023 at 10:15 PM, Cinnamon said:

So the older people at my drama studio are doing a play and they needed extra bodies (literally) so they asked me to help out! It's Clue: on stage! And I get to die twice (booyah!) and do a whole bunch of behind the scenes stuff! :D

oh my god i love clue on stage!! have you seen the movie?? it's hilarious :D

activity in this thread is slowing down which is really sad :(
anyway-

symphonianbookworm and i are having theatre auditions next tuesday which is terrifying......
the fall play is an inspector calls, the winter musical is the prom, and the spring play is much ado about nothing

it should be really fun!!!
i'm super excited :P

but i'm also really nervous for auditions

Ah that's terrifying!! I had Rudolph auditions last week, they went fine, I'm just one of the random misfit toys though which is kind of sad. But I also get to be in The Crucible later this year, which is exciting, and All Shook Up in the spring, and possibly Peter and the Starcatchers.

Both of you break so many legs on your auditions!!

I auditioned for my schools fall musical this year, unfortunately I did not get a part.

Today or tomorrow, though, I want to audition for the improv group. I don't expect a part there either, since I'm not great at improv, but it's good to show my involvement I guess.

That's awesome! I think one of the bravest things a person can do is audition even when they don't expect to get anything. My school does something interesting with drama, which is that you can't be in any of the performances unless you're in the class, but as long as you're in the class you get a part. So even though I'm in ensemble, I for sure get to be in 3 performances this year, which I know a lot of people don't like but I think it's great, because I don't have a ton of time and so this way I don't have to commit 3 months of my life to a musical but I can still do it.

I still don't like having Christmas music stuck in my head all day every day already, though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2023 at 8:01 AM, ECJHtheEdgedancer said:

I have into the woods auditions at a community theatre soon and I’m excited 

Oooohh that’s amazing!!!! I’d love to be Red in Into the Woods. What are you auditioning for?

On 7/9/2023 at 0:51 AM, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I auditioned for my schools fall musical this year, unfortunately I did not get a part.

Today or tomorrow, though, I want to audition for the improv group. I don't expect a part there either, since I'm not great at improv, but it's good to show my involvement I guess.

How‘d you go? Improv is so hard :blink:

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Oooohh that’s amazing!!!! I’d love to be Red in Into the Woods. What are you auditioning for?

How‘d you go? Improv is so hard :blink:

Yeah, it didn't go all that great. Though I have been participating in an open improv club and doing some in my acting class, so I've gotten better.

Oooh that’s so fun!!

I have 3 auditions this Friday, for the Crucible, All Shook Up, and Peter and the Starcatchers. I’m really hoping for a lead in the first, a funny part in the second, and just to get into the 3rd. (There are only 4 female roles in Peter and I’m sure there all going to the seniors, but that’s okay) :) 

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Hehehe...sorry to double post but...ugh.

I had my audition for All Shook Up today, and it literally couldn't have gone worse if I had dropped dead halfway through.

*hugs*

I’m sorry to hear that :( having a bad audition Storming sucks. Something that cheers me up a little after something like that (ugh I’ve had my fair share of sucky auditions) is this quote from Mistborn

There were a group of people before the Ascension known as the Astalsi. They claimed that each person was born with a certain finite amount of ill luck. And so, when an unfortunate event happened, they thought themselves blessed—thereafter, their lives could only get better.

I know it’s a little nonsensical but it’s nice to think about. Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t you have another audition on Friday that you mentioned? Maybe this one had to go badly so you could learn and adapt, and hey, maybe it wasn’t as bad as you thought?
*hugs hugs hugs*

Edited by Cinnamon

5 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

I had my audition for All Shook Up today, and it literally couldn't have gone worse if I had dropped dead halfway through.

I'm sorry... Bad auditions really make you feel absolutely terrible, but know that there will be many more chances and that this isn't the end of the world. Just keep distracting yourself until it doesn't even mean anything to you anymore. I'm sorry, but I promise, things will get better <3
*hugs*

Edited by Lotus Blossom

6 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

*hugs*

I’m sorry to hear that :( having a bad audition Storming sucks. Something that cheers me up a little after something like that (ugh I’ve had my fair share of sucky auditions) is this quote from Mistborn

I know it’s a little nonsensical but it’s nice to think about. Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t you have another audition on Friday that you mentioned? Maybe this one had to go badly so you could learn and adapt, and hey, maybe it wasn’t as bad as you thought?
*hugs hugs hugs*

Yeah, I do, and that one’s not singing so I’m hoping it goes better. Thanks, Cin.

1 hour ago, Lotus Blossom said:

I'm sorry... Bad auditions really make you feel absolutely terrible, but know that there will be many more chances and that this isn't the end of the world. Just keep distracting yourself until it doesn't even mean anything to you anymore. I'm sorry, but I promise, things will get better <3
*hugs*

Thanks, Lotus.

Terribly sorry for the double post, but…

Anyone else know the feeling when you break down sobbing in front of your voice teacher and her friend because they’re talking about how everyone has to see cast lists come out and realize their name isn’t on them?

And 4 cast lists came out earlier that day?