Oh my gosh i just finished it

Absolutely transcendent

Thank you guys SO MUCH for inspiring me to listen to that absolutely gorgeous piece of art. Seeing it in person is on my bucket list now :D

I'd have more to say about it but i have to blow dry my dog who just got a bath lol

Oh yay Fwoofy wet doggos

i overthink everything, so I cried at the end, even though I know the story, and Hermes told us how it ended in the first song.

Now, have you listened to Epic the musical?

Oh also, I had my first rehearsal today!! (I’m the director) it was insane, I love being in charge of people :lol:

Edited by Edema Ruh

On 4/14/2023 at 6:09 PM, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Guys I just started the Hadestown soundtrack, I'm only on the third song but it's SO PRETTY :0 was no one gonna tell me how beautiful this musical sounded omg. Like, it's not the most sing-along-able but it's so cool and pretty. I love it :D

YESS HADESTOWN IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!

On 4/19/2023 at 2:56 AM, The Last Fæ said:

I discovered Heathers 2 (3 now I guess) days ago, I can already mutter the lyrics of Beautiful and Candy store.

Spoiler

September first, 1989. Dear diary: I think i'm a good person. Y'know, i believe theres good in everyone! But here we are, first day of senior year, and... i look around at these kinds i've known all my life, and i ask myself, what happend??

We were so tiny, happy and shiny, playing tag and getting chased. singing and clapping, laughing and napping, baking cookies, eating paste. then we got bigger, that was the trigger, like the huns invading rome. welsome to my school, this ain't no hig school, this is the thunderdome!

I could do the whole thing but my dad is calling, gtg go byeeeee (fae you have great taste in musicals)

Sorry for double posting but guys I just saw Le Mis for the first time- like i hadn't even listened to the soundtrack or anything- and you guys omg

I mean i probably don't need to explain it to the theater kids. It was Le Mis!! I fricking sobbed my eyes out and was totally enthralled! The cast was phenomenal. The guy who played Enjolras had one of the most gorgeous voices i've ever heard, no exaggeration. Like whenever he'd been singing and then someone else started i wanted to be like "noooo stooop let him sing!!" And the costumes and set were SO COOL YOU GUYYYYS.

I can't believe i hadn't even listened to the soundtrack before this lmao. I need to stop calling myself a theater kid ;-;

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Sorry for double posting but guys I just saw Le Mis for the first time- like i hadn't even listened to the soundtrack or anything- and you guys omg

I mean i probably don't need to explain it to the theater kids. It was Le Mis!! I fricking sobbed my eyes out and was totally enthralled! The cast was phenomenal. The guy who played Enjolras had one of the most gorgeous voices i've ever heard, no exaggeration. Like whenever he'd been singing and then someone else started i wanted to be like "noooo stooop let him sing!!" And the costumes and set were SO COOL YOU GUYYYYS.

I can't believe i hadn't even listened to the soundtrack before this lmao. I need to stop calling myself a theater kid ;-;

OOOOOH THAT'S SO EXCITING!!! The first time I saw it, I was slightly overprepared, I'd already read the book and I had all the songs memorized but I still cried.

Which part made you cry the hardest?

Also...uh...who's enjolras lol

Oh oh oh!!! That reminds me!! I went to see Les Mis a week or so ago, and while it wasn't the best production of it I've ever seen, they had a girl playing Javert. And...dude. DUDE. Probably the best portrayal of him I've ever seen. She did insane. It was absolutely beautiful. Like I--man I don't even know how to describe it, just her doing it made me cry so much harder than I usually do. 

Anywho, glad you enjoyed it!!

21 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

OOOOOH THAT'S SO EXCITING!!! The first time I saw it, I was slightly overprepared, I'd already read the book and I had all the songs memorized but I still cried.

Which part made you cry the hardest?

Also...uh...who's enjolras lol

Oh oh oh!!! That reminds me!! I went to see Les Mis a week or so ago, and while it wasn't the best production of it I've ever seen, they had a girl playing Javert. And...dude. DUDE. Probably the best portrayal of him I've ever seen. She did insane. It was absolutely beautiful. Like I--man I don't even know how to describe it, just her doing it made me cry so much harder than I usually do. 

Anywho, glad you enjoyed it!!

(Spoilers obvie lol) The part that made me cry the hardest was at the end when Jean just died and the ghosts of Fantine and Eponine are singing, and then all the people come out and start singing the march. So yeah the finale lol. Also the beginning really got me cause it was just so fricking cool and i felt so immersed in it and everyone's voices were so much more incredible than i had imagined. We had nosebleed school-group discount seats so everything was a little blurry at that point- i am practically blind in my right eye (that's exaggeration but not by much) and the other one is maybe 20/25 and always super tired from doing the seeing for both eyes (I WILL GET GLASSES SOON I SWEAR, I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR YEARS, MY PARENTS AREN'T THE MOST RESPONSIBLE OK) so anyway i was really focused on the sound and it was just so incredible that i was getting super emotional. (My mom let me borrow her glasses about 20 minutes in so then i was also focused on the set/costumes lol). But yeah those were the two parts where i cried the most. Also when Enjolras and the lil boi died :(

Oh btw, Enjolras is Marius's friend, he's the guy who's leading the revolution. He's the one who starts the "can you hear the people sing, singing the song of angry men" song. And his voice was just. Oh my gosh. So gorgeous. I couldn't find any recordings of him singing yet :( i didn't do a super deep search tho, i could probably find something.

Sorry that turned into a weird explanation of my eyesight for a lil bit lol

22 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

(Spoilers obvie lol) The part that made me cry the hardest was at the end when Jean just died and the ghosts of Fantine and Eponine are singing, and then all the people come out and start singing the march. So yeah the finale lol. Also the beginning really got me cause it was just so fricking cool and i felt so immersed in it and everyone's voices were so much more incredible than i had imagined. We had nosebleed school-group discount seats so everything was a little blurry at that point- i am practically blind in my right eye (that's exaggeration but not by much) and the other one is maybe 20/25 and always super tired from doing the seeing for both eyes (I WILL GET GLASSES SOON I SWEAR, I'VE BEEN TRYING FOR YEARS, MY PARENTS AREN'T THE MOST RESPONSIBLE OK) so anyway i was really focused on the sound and it was just so incredible that i was getting super emotional. (My mom let me borrow her glasses about 20 minutes in so then i was also focused on the set/costumes lol). But yeah those were the two parts where i cried the most. Also when Enjolras and the lil boi died :(

Oh btw, Enjolras is Marius's friend, he's the guy who's leading the revolution. He's the one who starts the "can you hear the people sing, singing the song of angry men" song. And his voice was just. Oh my gosh. So gorgeous. I couldn't find any recordings of him singing yet :( i didn't do a super deep search tho, i could probably find something.

Sorry that turned into a weird explanation of my eyesight for a lil bit lol

Oh yeah whoops I knew that. 

And yes!! Gavroche (I think that's how you spell it, he's the little boy) when he died, it...that part is always so sad.

8 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

SPOTIFY GAVE ME A PLAYLIST CALLED, "Oh YoUR a THEaTRe KiD??" I love it

hehehe

3 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Les Mis is amazing. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Gavroche is one of my dream roles.

And btw DON"T STOP CALLING YOURSELF A THEATRE KID. just because you aren't as insane as some of us *cough cough edema I'm looking at you* doesn't mean you are one of us!

On 1/23/2023 at 6:57 PM, Cinnamon said:

WOOHOO!!!!!! I GOT ADDED TO THE LIST!!!!!!!! oh, and Spotify did it again. Now i have, "In love, but loves theatre more."

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

hehehe

Les Mis is amazing. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Gavroche is one of my dream roles.

And btw DON"T STOP CALLING YOURSELF A THEATRE KID. just because you aren't as insane as some of us *cough cough edema I'm looking at you* doesn't mean you are one of us!

Wait what are you talking about?? I'm absolutely 100% sane!

And yeah Facepalm, never stop calling yourself a theatre kid, there are literally no rules or requirements.

47 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

WOOHOO!!!!!! I GOT ADDED TO THE LIST!!!!!!!! oh, and Spotify did it again. Now i have, "In love, but loves theatre more."

My Spotify has gone through both of those and more.

5 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

Wait what are you talking about?? I'm absolutely 100% sane!

um... Eddie? Do we need to have another talk about lying?

5 minutes ago, Edema Ruh said:

My Spotify has gone through both of those and more.

i got Spotify a few months ago, and I'm not a theatre kid (but I'm the right kind of person to be one)

31 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

um... Eddie? Do we need to have another talk about lying?

i got Spotify a few months ago, and I'm not a theatre kid (but I'm the right kind of person to be one)

Me? Lie? I don't even know what that word means.

On a more...theatre-y...note, I have a kinda funny story that happened in drama today. So I was wandering around the costume closet, as one does, looking for a costume to make someone in my cast (who's playing a monster) wear. I stumbled upon one of those blow up costumes, y'know, the ones little kids wear for halloween? It's a cow. A beautiful cow. So I took it to see if it would work, but the only way to try those is to have someone wearing it. The costume mistress volunteered, and...

long story short, 10 minutes later we were running through the school making loud cow noises. I love drama :D