3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Don't worry Ash. There's still an hour and three minutes to change things around! :P 

No my mouse will scroll through literally any page that's not this one whyyyyy

Edit: 

Okay I can scroll again

1 hour left!

Edited by Ashbringer

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Kas, I want to be clear on this, will you unvote/vote someone else to save your life?

Also, I'm happy with where my vote is, Szeth backed away from the sheeping kinda oddly in my opinion. And the pizza train is all levels of weirdness.

I wasn't asking you tho

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Kas, I want to be clear on this, will you unvote/vote someone else to save your life?

Also, I'm happy with where my vote is, Szeth backed away from the sheeping kinda oddly in my opinion. And the pizza train is all levels of weirdness.

In this cycle, no. If I'm somehow still alive at lylo, I can't make that assurance. That's one point I think it becomes ethically indefensible to do what I'm doing. 

Edited to add: Sure, I'm happy to concede that this isn't optimal play and the most pro-Village thing for me to do is to vote on the player between Bookwyrm and Szeth I most find Village. But I don't really want to go for optimisation over other things and can afford to do so right now. 

Edited to add 2: This should read vote to save the player I find most Village and would probably involve me voting for Bookwyrm. 

Edited by Kasimir

34 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Listen >>

There's a good reason for it.

Szeth was sus of me and I encouraged him to follow his suspicions to the logical conclusion. Then I voted me because he offered delicious pizza and I regret nothing. (There are...okay reasons too I swear.) And then Alv voted me for blaspheming against the Sacred Coin and also because ties and pizza and I solicited him onto the wagon.

You know how Alv is about the Gods of Luck and Chance. I accept that this is serious for him, it's definitely serious for Szeth, and it's dead serious for me!

Edited to add: Stick's view on Bookwyrm is probably the biggest outlier I can think of so far as it's outright positive.

I...

Do you not think that e!bookwyrm would have voted (in self pres or otherwise) by now? I dont think that the votes on them are recently accumulated?

I have a lot here and not a lot of time. I will try to get through it all.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:33 PM, The Unknown Novel said:

Find out yourself. Since nobody actually observes PM privacy.

HAHAHAHA this is about as secret as PM's usually stay isn't it?

On 11/21/2022 at 1:01 PM, Kasimir said:

Edited to add: @Elkanah - I'll grant it could be a meta deal since the meta in our heydays was very poke vote centric, but I do see poke votes as a way to vote and to not need to be terribly controversial in contributing to trains, so I tend to want to pay attention to them.

Sorry I missed this edit before. This is probably part of it. Also, for what it's worth, I only had a poke vote on Alvron for a quarter of the first cycle. That's not super long in the scheme of things.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:44 PM, Archer said:

Oh boy. I have 15 quotes to drop, so I'm going to bold the ones that actually matter. 

are you saying it's... cowed

I feel your pain. Also, good one :lol: 

On 11/21/2022 at 1:50 PM, Alvron said:

If the dice speak, we would be wise to listen.

Deep breaths Alv.  Deep breaths.  They didn't mean it.

Nope.  Didn't work.

UNLEASH THE IZZY!
Tiny DeMarco on Twitter: "“I would like to RAGE!” Roars #Yasha played by  @TheVulcanSalute - #criticalroleart #critters #dnd dungeonsanddragons  @JoinTeamAlpha @GeekandSundry @TalksMachina #necroticshroud  #iwouldliketorage #criticalrole https://t.co ...

Jelly Araris? :P 

It's not me.  It's Izzy that really wants you dead.

I am immune to your puny @ summoning spells.  I require certain offerings before you are graced with my presence.  Namely time.

I approve of this message.

Weakness discovered.  No one give Araris a Blade.

I don't think you want a Wild Alvron.  A tame one is dangerous enough as it is.

Vp4_jEz4uHmWbx5rkGz4nWRuo23OhiqeS_g-XTRe0EgelDQxUNPoDi21bXYuzDMKWLURWb7gNf5muqMrHVGtHvcD2rtM_UySiC0BMF-f0H5l3Y2eqtFpVpwh2oE5xYb-TwjW1NDl2FRJ2Xd6ctvx3eIShv5J8_fGwOXOaEolH2KD0lJpCi7wpVKECfan

This. This is why I summoned Alvron.

On 11/21/2022 at 2:12 PM, Illwei said:

Elkanah turning away from the Alv focus is a good look, since I was ready to talk about how he stayed there and even made a tie, but in a way that allowed him to ignore the game. But luckily I don't have to mention that anymore. One thing is that his vote on Alv, vote /off/ Alv, and then vote to tie with comment that Alv should show up implies a deeper connection between him and alv, one option of which being that they are teamed. Besides that though, his instant vote switch from bookwyrm to wizard is a potential good look as well as what was mentioned above. 

See above. I just really like playing with Alvron... Although, it seems like in most folklore, those who summon the powerful become their first victims :P

On 11/21/2022 at 2:13 PM, Cash67 said:

A call rings through the square: “Omelets, get your High Council Omelets here!!  We got fresh chicken eggs and spinach and cheese here. Can’t defend the village in an empty stomach!”

I'm waiting for the omelet train as a counter to the pizza train.

On 11/21/2022 at 2:34 PM, Kasimir said:

How does this line of reasoning work - basically he could've let that go through as LHF?

LHF? 

Left Handed Firefighters

Lost Hidden Found

Last Hound First

Let Hoid Fight

Little High Fives

Luring Hires for Free

On 11/21/2022 at 2:35 PM, Alvron said:

Thank you for this Wei.  It made me think 'have I been evil with Elk before?'  Turns out I haven't (unless of course they played under a different name) but it did make me go through my kill list.  Turns out Elk killed me in AG2.

Someone give me Chanarach’s Honorblade!  I have a chance to cross off someone that's been on my kill list for yearsIrJqqvZhqLcNDTcPE5_Pf33GvFmmPzd1GI_UYBntOVMNczT4FyPT3SLFY82k7d79G1jAXKS0m_RdUew2rbiRyVM2896RETE_AtjnC8rw7XIXQeD_dneUtZEl6_ovpnkWFLXZabIpy4L4bxz3rd9juOXY1JVg-_1gzuAOugnYl5hOAhUVEILt1CQmiTXG

To paraphrase Juaquin Pheonix: I get what I ___ deserve.

On 11/21/2022 at 2:37 PM, Kasimir said:

@Elkanah

I'll burn a prayer glyph for you, that your soul will find respite in the Beyond.

Edited to add: Oh. Huh. Araris killed Alv in the last version of this game. So much makes sense to me now.

Thank you! if you wouldn't mind sending me that Chanarach blade as well, it might be more helpful (or put off the inevitable :P)

On 11/21/2022 at 3:03 PM, Matrim's Dice said:

I’m voting Insanity.

It seems like everyone is :P. Oh you mean the player. Nevermind.

On 11/21/2022 at 4:00 PM, Illwei said:

smh pizza isn't god

No but it seems to do more than a blade at this point! :P It has more vote manip anyway.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:24 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

Ouch.

What if I'm just having fun?

Then you're doing it right?

On 11/21/2022 at 7:01 PM, Shining Silhouette said:

Oh yay!

You know what progression is hilarious? The progression of what SE people call me.

First I was Silhouette then I was Shining then I was Silhouette again then Silho

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Out of interest, what do you want to be called. I try to use full names when possible, but I have tended to get lazy in the past or fall in with what everyone else is saying.

23 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Because I wanted to kill you :)

What's the point of playing these games if you are going to do the same things over and over again and not actually learn?

This is important.

Willing/Don't Care: <Alv, Mat, Stick, Xino, TUN, Bookwyrm, JNV, Xino, Wiz, Araris

Not Willing: <Elk, Insanity, Tani, Szeth, Cash, Chantara, Archer, Turtle, Illwei>

Wiz feels off.

How very Distortion of you :D (see Magnus Archives)

Fun mostly, but I take your point. It's nice to get good at what you enjoy.

I notice you are not on either of these lists. Well played. That means you are on your own list which I might assume to be "eager" or just possibly "will vote for the right bribe".

14 hours ago, Kasimir said:

RP still going to be postponed, RIP. 

/shrug because that was a lot of Alv obsession earlier and I wondered if it was overanchoring on the poke. Moot now but I'm trawling in search of the quotes I do want and it still stood out to me on re-read.

First para: This sparks joy.

Second para: This does not spark joy. Hesitancy to go after a top suspect feels ? but we've litigated this.

If I haven't yet asked this: bro is there a reason of all the players you are especially hellbent on summoning Alv. And what do you plan to do now you have summoned him?

Theoretically this can be said performatively, but like when Conq said it in MR59: I like this. I like this attitude, and I tend to read it as being more Village, even as I disregard it because sorry Elk, not exactly going to break policy here. No birthday vote for you. Sad :P 

RIP

I'm glad you enjoyed!

See above. I'm just excited to play with Alvron again.

Once I've summoned him? Mostly enjoy the chaos that ensues. 

True. It should be NAI and ignored. I do still appreciate the sentiment.

14 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Any particular reason you didnt vote Elkanah?

I didn't want to start or pile on a train for one weird post. In the end I did end up joining it and I'm likely to go back to it. I haven't seen any answers from Bookwyrm to change my mind, and there have been some comments on how this is similar to other games where he was an elim. It could still just be the way Bookwyrm plays regardless of alignment, but it is the most suspicious thing I've seen.

7 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

- @Elkanah I don't know what the VC is, as I've said, but you expressed interest in Bookwyrm earlier-- your current vote was just to tie it and I doubt that's the case now; would you be interested in moving your vote?

Yes, I'm likely to go back to Bookwyrm. He's my highest suspect at the moment. Especially where last I saw the ties are no more. (there are eight new replies though, so who knows.

7 hours ago, Illwei said:

JFDkljfhsadkjfad

Sorry, Illwei. I wish I had the time this game, but I'm afraid I don't

5 hours ago, Illwei said:

Realistically no one is going to me on at Eod, therefore things should be resolved sooner (before the majority of people go to sleep, which is probably some time EST)

You say that, but here I am probably going to change my vote at 11:30 pm (t minus 30 minutes from rollover.

4 hours ago, Tani said:

Hi! I'm alive!

I'm also sick.

What's happened in the thirteen pages of day 1 so far?

So sorry to hear that.

8 pages of Mat and Kas saying they appreciate each other's arguments but are dusgusted with their conclusions.

1 page of Elkanah enjoying himself.

1 page of in-thread PM's that don't add up to much.

1 page of memes.

almost 1 page of alignment and role distribution theorizing

1.5 pages of poke votes.

3 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Excellent >:)

IDK, a three way wagon be like that. I do wonder about them burning vote manip but the fact that it costs Stormlight in this game makes me wonder if they'd do it, though tbf, I suppose it could become a more attractive proposition given the current state of the wagons.

I don't know. Vote manip makes me a little less likely to enjoy the tie.

44 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Edit: Hey @Elkanah who just ninja’d me, do me a favor and respond to my previous tag before reading the rest of this post >>

Done. Now I need to read the rest of this post and the fifteenish other posts that followed it.

9 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

I...

Do you not think that e!bookwyrm would have voted (in self pres or otherwise) by now? I dont think that the votes on them are recently accumulated?

It's a fair point. I think it depends on availability as well—Bookwyrm didn't show up at end-C1 QF63 although teammate Turtle was moderately endangered, though to be fair, he was already voting Archer at that point. I'm on mobile right now so can't link. 

I maintain though that you're probably the strongest proponent of unequivocally V!Bookwyrm and that's just something that stands out to me. Mat started out with E!Bookwyrm credences, still no idea what Elk thinks, Araris went back onto Bookwyrm. The most I'm willing to say is that Bookwyrm feels very LHF in a Thaid way to me, but if it came down to Szeth or Bookwyrm, Szeth just feels more genuine despite IMO their also being mistaken. I also really don't want to go after a returning player D1, truth to be told. 

IDK. I guess we could CW me if you want to save Bookwyrm? But that's not really functional IMO because we don't have the votes. 

Edited to add: @Elkanah — LHF = Low Hanging Fruit. Typically trains or players that are easy to push through. 

Edited by Kasimir

• Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient (4): The Unknown Novel, _Stick_, Archer, Matrim's Dice
  • The Wandering Wizard (4): xinoeph512 / Ookla the Forgotten, Elkanah, Tani, Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient
  • The Bookwyrm / Ookla the Perpetual (3): The Wandering Wizard, JNV, Araris Valerian
  • Kasimir (2): Kasimir, Alvron
  • Matrim’s Dice (2): InfiniteInsanity, Chantara
  • Alvron (2): Illwei, Cash67

• Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient (3): The Unknown Novel, Archer, Matrim's Dice
  • The Wandering Wizard (4): xinoeph512 / Ookla the Forgotten, , _Stick_, Tani, Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient
  • The Bookwyrm / Ookla the Perpetual (4): The Wandering Wizard, JNV, Araris Valerian, Alvron
  • Kasimir (1): Kasimir

Edit: ninja'd massively; VC edited to show

Edited by Ookla the Omniscient

Time!

My internet is lagging massively so we’ll see how that goes with time and space and which votes count

Edit: Okay Stick's vote counts. Elkanah's does not. Szeth's is... over a minute late but it's not a vote so it should be fine

Edited by Ashbringer

LG91 Night 1: Shin Blood Shed

The various people gathered around the city of Earthen Truth. It wasn't a full lockdown, not yet; they just were not allowed to leave. Warrior or Adder, they all carried a small stone now. A tension resounded throughout the city plaza and darker alleys, that of wondering when the rest of the plan would reveal itself.

But the Stone Shamans had never been big on details. Over time, as the sun lowered and winds picked up, people started looking for anything. A few people were pushed forward, accused of being Tukari spies. Both Rizan-son-Azram and the one called Szeth were pushed forward, but then someone spotted Tweedle-son-son-Dumb mixing his stone of promise to the town with his Oathstone, glancing at the two with a strange expression. That was enough to push the crowd to frenzy.

But Tweedle-son-son-Dumb bore no makings of the Tukari.

The Wandering Wizard was executed! They were a member of the Shin High Council!

• The Wandering Wizard (5): xinoeph512 / Ookla the Forgotten, _Stick_, Elkanah, Tani, Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient
  • The Bookwyrm / Ookla the Perpetual (4): The Wandering Wizard, JNV, Araris Valerian, Alvron
  • Szeth_Pancakes / Ookla the Omniscient (3): The Unknown Novel, Archer, Matrim's Dice
  • Kasimir (1): Kasimir

The Night Turn will end on November 23rd at 11:00 PM PST. Please note I will be on a plane for a good bit of the cycle, so I won't be super responsive for... idk how long. Rollover should be at its normal time though.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @ookla the POKE VOTE / Turtle- Evelt-son-Urtal
  2. @Araris Valerian - Hadrian-son-Penrod
  3. @The Unknown Novel - Dali-son-Nar
  4. The Wandering Wizard - Tweedle-son-son-Dumb - Shin High Council
  5. @Matrim's Dice - Dazi-son-ron
  6. @JNV - Jen-child-Verin
  7. @Ookla the Perpetual / The Bookwyrm Rizam-son-Azram
  8. @Shining Silhouette - Cheshire-son-Cat
  9. @Ookla the Forgotten / xinoehp512 - Jet-son-Blanc
  10. @Kasimir - Kvaseth-son-Wysan
  11. @InfiniteInsanity
  12. @Chantara
  13. @_Stick_
  14. @Cash67 - Egg-son-Chicken
  15. @Illwei
  16. @Archer - Tweedle-son-Dee
  17. @Alvron - Izzy-daughter-Ammi
  18. @Tani - Daalna
  19. @Elkanah - Sun-son-son-Tsu
  20. @Ookla the Omniscient / Szeth_Pancakes

@Ookla the Omniscient You wanted a tie, meaning you were fine with exeing Wiz. You also placed your final vote on Wiz. This isn't a situation in which 'gosh darns it sticky' makes sense. Stick may have been the deciding vote, but this was also an endgame you were ok with either way.

As expected, Alv was on late to enforce a tie, meaning functionally anyone who wants a train to go through should probably leave a decent margin. No sign of vote manip occurring, which is fair. Nothing much we can infer from that at this point, too many possibilities, e.g. scarcity, no urgent need felt, etcetera.

Thoughts from EoD first: I'll handle vote tracking analysis later when I'm not as out of it. (And RP. I swear to the gods I will RP.)

4 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Well... Wizard Bookwyrm For the tie

5 hours ago, Elkanah said:

I think I favor a large tie, but if that isn't going to happen, I'll probably switch my vote to Bookwyrm.

5 hours ago, Elkanah said:

I don't know. Vote manip makes me a little less likely to enjoy the tie.

Elk, I'm confused about your preferences here. You consider Bookwyrm your lead suspect but you also decided you wanted a tie. What did you expect an EoD tie to achieve, given that unless Alv, myself, Szeth, TUN, or Stick were invested (as in, invested in the results...) vote manips, you'd essentially just be leaving the decision up to RNGesus without added informational value? On the other hand, you say that vote manip makes you a little less likely to enjoy the tie. So why go for it anyway?

Still think @InfiniteInsanity's stable vote should be questioned. What's your view of the game now, Insanity?

@Chantara choosing to slot onto a side-train is also a very safe choice. Why Mat? You could plausibly just go onto me, since you indicated you wanted to. I was more or less trying to get a pizza commission from me-voters anyway.

IMO @ookla the POKE VOTE's near-EoD seemed a bit performative:

11 hours ago, ookla the POKE VOTE said:

im… with illwei on this one. can we not make kas a possible rng ml? i’d much prefer to yeet literally anyone else bc he’s on of my strongest reads

Like ok but if I'm one of your strongest reads, why appeal to everyone else? You have a very simple solution: it's called voting for whom you most suspect among the other trains. The reluctance to get involved suggests that you either believe all the other trains are Villagers too (which you deny, since you think there's at least one Elim there) or that you don't want to get your hands dirty and/but were fine with the trains. I'm more wary of the latter attitude.

5 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

I've given this more thought and the lack of the classic retaliation vote is odd. Swinging back once again to my Thaid train judgement, but part of me still feels you should just check the obvious, so I guess I'm just going to and fro about this one. I still think you are an outlier as pretty much the only unequivocal Bookwyrm defender though - most everyone else is stopping at the level that obvious Evil is Evil. I'd also consider my 'this train just feels awful' defense to be pretty lukewarm, since it's not really a full-throated defense of V!Bookwyrm but more "this train sucks" sort of unhappiness.

@Shining Silhouette declining to get involved, versus @Tani apparently flipping a coin between Mat and Wiz. With regard to Chaos!Silho, I think it's fair to make the point that Silho was a bit more helpful in previous games even in chaos mode. Silho, what's your view of the game right now? Similar question for Tani.

8 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

I agree with you kinda, and if it were any other person I would fully agree, but I think Archer just does this/seems like he's doing this sometimes. I know for a fact I've exed him for it before when he was v.

You have a game in which this occurred for me to check out?

I'd say the main thing other than that that pushes me back towards E!Archer is the fact that Archer, too, isn't driving the thread as much. Arguably you could point out Archer seems busy (cf the Szeth vote), but I still at least want to flag that and get some clarity on it, given that: A. there wasn't any response to that when Alv pointed it out, and B. this is probably the second or third time in this game someone did something on a factually unsound basis, e.g. Xino 'self-presing'.

The Szeth vote does shift my views again, or at least makes me more uncertain, so I am going to have to make sense of it when doing the vote tracker.

Also, @Archer - what's the point of asking Araris to vote Xino with you and then staying put?

@Ookla the Forgotten didn't show up at EoD, which surprised me a bit. Interested if this means you were fine with the state of affairs at EoD?

7 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I specifically dodged mentioning Bookwyrm in my ‘catch-up’ post because a decent chunk of my vote there was to see if Elk would switch or not (essentially checking for e/e, you can also see that I tagged Elk in that post) but he never showed and I’m out of time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Want to know where this puts you - Elk's willingness to vote Bookwyrm but also tie-chasing seems to me to be a mixed result. But I don't deny Stick has a point about the lack of a retaliation vote, too, which puts pressure on the other side of the E/E theory.

6 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

I need to go back and see what the case on wiz was

Curious if you did that?

6 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

Interested in why you wanted clarity on this.

And oddly how? I'll be the first to admit the main reason I am more willing to consider Szeth Village is he just seems sincere about thinking that a tie is good, just also...(in my view), very wrong.