Quick Fix 44: Shadows in the Forest

Straw

I got some disheartening news a couple days ago that has made me less inclined to play vigilantly, I'll do my best to stay active from here on out, my most sincere apologies.

I have very little suspicion right now, I should i theory be able to come back with some analysis later on. For now though I'm not entirely sure I like the train on mist. it seems pretty baseless and out of nowhere. Which makes me less inclined to think that the people voting for mist are evil. I'd think that an elim would be abnle to think of better reasoning than whet I'm seeing.

I was thinking more typical Mafia when I voted. Two people on the block, you must vote. I'm innocent.

It seemed like TGK felt he needed justification to vote for Striker. 

Will voting for me flip alignments, whether I'm good or bad? 

Also, what does tl;dr mean? 

Also, BR, when I voted for Kidpen, I edited it in like I said I would do, so it was after Sart's vote and didn't create a tie.

9 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Alright I reread the thread and honestly it just made me even more solidified on Mist. Mist voted last on Striker and it felt quite a bit like protecting a teammate, so currently I think Mist and TGK are teammates together. 

I’m interested, why do you think Mist and I are teammates?

55 minutes ago, Mist said:

It seemed like TGK felt he needed justification to vote for Striker. 

Self defense is a pretty weak reason to vote on someone, I agree, but, in the interest that there was only a 1 vote difference between us I believe I was a bit justified. I Never read him as evil 

55 minutes ago, Mist said:

Also, what does tl;dr mean? 

To long; didn’t read. It’s basically a summary of a long post

Edit: I dislike ending a cycle with a post like this, but nothing I can do now! :) 

Edited by The_God_King

Shoot, I didn't see the defense of Mist by other players that I was expecting which leads me to think that she is good. I'd have thought there would be more pushback if she was an elim. Unfortunately if I change my vote now, it creates a tie. Don't take this the wrong way, but I really hope your an eliminator, Mist.

I mean, I can break the tie if you change your vote.

Mist (): Brightness, Sart, Kidpen, Elkanah

Brightness: TGK

TGK: Elbereth

Karnage: 2-- 3 now.

Fura: 1

Karnage

Edited by Mist

Everyone found that Rona person rather suspicious. So they killed them. And that was that.

Maledict didn't have very good luck, and ended up "accidentally" falling and dying. Oops. They might have been pushed, but no one bothered to investigate.

Two more Shades joined the growing crowd.

Mist was lynched. She was a Loyal Crewmember!

Kynedath was killed. They were a Loyal Crewmember!

Vote Count:

Mist (5): Brightness, Elkanah, Karnage, Kidpen, Sart
Karnage (3): DrakeMarshall, Megasif, Mist
Brightness (1): The_God_King
Furamirionind (1): The_Archivist
The_God_King (1): Elbereth

GM Notes:

-The cycle will end on May 13th at 13:00 EST.

-Inactivity warning for: @Amanuensis

-If there are any inaccuracies with the vote or inactivity count, please let me know.

Player List:

1. xinoehp512 - Hades Loyal Crewmember

2. Karnage - Shroud

3. StrikerEZ - Reverie Loyal Crewmember

4. Elkanah - Cain

5. The_God_King - Mavet

6. Elandera - Thankful Loyal Crewmember with a Knife

7. Lord_Silberfarben - Silber

8. BrightnessRadiant - Calypso

9. Kynedath - Maledict Loyal Crewmember

10. Kidpen - Aradia

11. A Joe in the Bush - Joseph

12. Elbereth - Crepuscula

13. The_Archivist - Archer

14. Mist - Rona Loyal Crewmember

15. Sart - Sam Trudite

16. Zillah - TBD

17. CadCom - Patience

18. DrakeMarshall - Verity

19. Amanuensis - Nok the Bard

20. Arraenae - Resourceful Smythe Mutineer

21. Megasif - Mega

22. Furamirionind - TBD

Okay I thought there were 6 votes on Mist since Sart put it in red twice in 2 different posts (since he was correcting himself from saying Mint and not Mist the first time) and I did a quick scan for votes in the thread at the end of the cycle. Mist was right we could've switched the lynch if both me and Elkanah had switched to Karnage. I don't know if Karnage is that suspicious either tho and I would need to look back at their posts. I don't remember a lot from them. 

That train got out of hand. 5 votes and almost no pushback. The last I saw there were maybe 3 votes? When I checked out for the night. Enough to lynch someone but also enough time for people to mount a defense or alternate lynch targets they'd push if she'd been an elim. When I got online today I saw 2 more votes for her and no real pushback other than people saying they disliked the lynch but not really working together to change it.

Edit: at this point it's getting hard to narrow down real suspects because we don't have enough of our big player list of people actually being active. If everyone could make at least one game related post this cycle we'd have so much more to go on. Doesn't have to be a lot guys, just one paragraph, even if it's just stuff you're feeling loosely based on gut feelings from skimming thread.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

3 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

That train got out of hand. 5 votes and almost no pushback. The last I saw there were maybe 3 votes? When I checked out for the night. Enough to lynch someone but also enough time for people to mount a defense or alternate lynch targets they'd push if she'd been an elim. When I got online today I saw 2 more votes for her and no real pushback other than people saying they disliked the lynch but not really working together to change it.

I don't think the train got out of hand. There was a bit of pilling on at the end but the train seemed to have been building for the last two cycles. 5 votes in a game this size probably isn't too crazy. For now, my suspicions rest with Fura @Furamirionind. Analysis to come later

8 minutes ago, The_God_King said:

I don't think the train got out of hand. There was a bit of pilling on at the end but the train seemed to have been building for the last two cycles. 5 votes in a game this size probably isn't too crazy. For now, my suspicions rest with Fura @Furamirionind. Analysis to come later

5 votes isn't a crazy size but it is when there's very little pushback. Almost proves the person is village unless they were outed as an elim bigtime for some reason and that's not what happend. While her actions did look suspicious to me I was surprised that her lynch got 5 votes. Regardless I wanted to know her alignment so I can go back and analyze Fura and Kidpen better which was my goal. So I did get what I wanted in that at least.

5 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

even if it's just stuff you're feeling loosely based on gut feelings from skimming thread.

Hey, i don't actually know much about this, but you are saying that the train got out of hand, and that players should have worked together to change it...

6 hours ago, Straw said:

Vote Count:

Mist (5): Brightness,[etc...]

you voted for mist still.

as I said, I don't know the situation for this, but it seems suspicious that now you are saying they shouldn't have voted mist.

as if you were trying to deflect blame.

I'd like to point out the tag that says 2 more shades.

Other than that I'll post my thoughts in a couple hours.

Edit: oh I was mixing up shades with elims. My bad.

Edited by Kidpen

@Lord_Silberfarben it won't let me quote your post cuz mobile is being stupid right now.

Thanks for posting! Not at all annoyed at this conclusion lol. I made it sound confusing. Yes I did vote for Mist and do think she did some interesting stuff that looked suspicious but in the end she wasn't evil. The thing that looked weird to me was that I came back at the end of the cycle and saw that there were 5 votes on her and even tho people were saying they didn't like the lynch on her they weren't really trying to change it that much either which made me feel she was probably village at that point. Because generally an elim will have more backup then that. So yes, I did vote her and also found her suspicious. The thing I found weird was that she wasn't defended by an alternate lynch train which generally means not an elim. I came back online too late to try and change the lynch because I had been asleep. I thought that even if I took my vote off of Mist it wouldn't have saved her anyways and would've ended in a tie because I miscounted the votes with only like 3 min left in the cycle. 

So it wasn't that I found what she did to no longer look suspicious, it was that she didn't have very much support moving the lynch off of her which I would expect to happen for an elim since they'd already lost 1 member.

It's been a quiet cycle... we need some conversation to keep this game going!

fyi I won't be active at the end of cycles like I used to be. I just started a new job so I'm getting ahead on people thinking it is AI.

@BrightnessRadiant Here's my thoughts on mists lynch. The reason why there was no defense was that there wasn't an immediate alternate. Mist wasn't lynched because she was acting suspiciously enough to be an elim it's that she was viewed as the best target. While I don't think lynches like this are amazing the information gathered was important. Wow, I'm actually starting to support lynches, what's happened since my first game?

Edited by The_God_King

We only have one vote this cycle, so it's time to put in more effort. Time for some player list analysis:

1. @Karnage: The lynch alternative to Mist on Day 3. They've mostly followed the crowd, first going after Striker, and then going after Mist. Slight elim read, but I can also see that being normal first-time player behavior.
  2. @Elkanah: While they did end up lynching Mist, they were very hesitant to join the train. Not a whole lot of analysis besides that. I feel like they are usual more vocal about their opinions than this. Slight elim read.
  3. @The_God_King: The lynch alternative to Striker on Day 2. They feel like a villager to me, but I think their read on Brightness is off. Village read.
  4. @Lord_Silberfarben: A fairly active new player. Unfortunately, most of their activity has been RP. I'm worried that they are hiding behind that, but nothing's felt too off. Neutral read.
  5. @BrightnessRadiant: One of the players who lynched Arraenae. Plus, they've been spurring activity across the board. However, I've noticed a couple people starting to get paranoid, notably Kidpen and The God King. I don't think they're right, but now I'm starting to get paranoid. For now though, village read.
  6. @Kidpen: He's been posting fairly short posts. He was the bluntest one attacking Mist but that's his normal playstyle. At least they're active, which is a point in their favor. I'm not sure how to feel about them. Neutral read.
  7. @A Joe in the Bush: I really wish he was more active. He barely has any posts. Neutral read.
  8. @Elbereth: The strongest voice against The God King. I think that read is off, and that's the only view point they've spouted. Usually they get more attention than this. Slight elim read.
  9. @The_Archivist: Their only post last cycle was one line. It seems like they are hardcore tunneling on Furamirionind. However, it seems like they're a new player, so that behavior makes some amount of sense. Neutral read.
  10. @Sart: Me. Hi, hello. I'm a villager. Moving on.
  11. @Zillah: Only three posts this game, which is not a whole lot to read off of. They said they would post more this cycle, so I'm planning on holding them to it. For now, neutral read.
  12. @CadCom: Way more active in the Long Game. All they've posted is one joke vote and one number analysis. I expect more from them, and it feels like they're skating by the thread. Elim read.
  13. @DrakeMarshall: Probably the strongest advocate for Mist. I still have a bad gut read on them, but reading over their posts last cycle made me trust them a bit more. Neutral read.
  14. @Amanuensis: Not a whole lot of posts, which is a shame because he usually puts too much effort into these games. For some reason, that lack of effort makes me trust him more. Slight village read.
  15. @Megasif: Another player who voted for Arraenae, so I definitely trust them. Plus they defended Mist, which was the right call. Strong village read.
  16. @Furamirionind: I don't like him voting on himself, but he was the alternate to Arraenae, which makes me trust him some. They ended up not placing a vote last cycle, which is disappointing. They could be village, but I keep going back and forth. Neutral read.

After all that, my vote is going on CadCom. They've been way too quiet this game, and their two posts haven't contained any form of analysis. It's kind of a poke vote, but I'm getting a really bad feeling from them.

46 minutes ago, Sart said:

The lynch alternative to Striker on Day 2. They feel like a villager to me, but I think their read on Brightness is off. Village read.

Yep I’ll happily admit my gut feeling against Brightness has somewhat subsided. At least to the point where I won’t be pushing against her anytime soon. 

edit: sorry had to go to my laptop to do a proper type up

I agree with you though on CadCom. I have a slight elim read on them.  I don't see a Fura lynch going very far. Without many votes, I'll go CadCom to secure a lynch of some sort (or a tied vote which would also yield good information)

Edited by The_God_King

29 minutes ago, Sart said:

@Elkanah: While they did end up lynching Mist, they were very hesitant to join the train. Not a whole lot of analysis besides that. I feel like they are usual more vocal about their opinions than this. Slight elim read.

Absolutely a fair call. I usually put a lot of effort into activity in these games, but I've been burning the candle at both ends for the LG. Here is some analysis but most of it is just as I recall from past cycles. I probably would have switched over onto Karnage if we had been able to coordinate it outside the last minute of the cycle. That is mostly if not all my fault because I didn't state my willingness to move until the last ten minutes of the cycle. I am going to vote for someone who is under the radar. I am highly incentivized to keep Brightness, Drake, Fura, The God King, Sart and Elbereth alive because it feels like you are the movers and shakers keeping the game alive. Also Lord Silberfarben for keeping the RP alive. I didn't want to vote for the low actives last time because of the two cycle filter, but it looks like everyone is willing to be just active enough to not die to the filter... which is good, but we can do better. I especially can do better. I'll do some looking through of the other cycles when I can. I fear we've already combed through any indicators already, but maybe I missed something about Mist or Kynedath.

12 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Also Lord Silberfarben for keeping the RP alive.

"What RP?"

"I don't do any... RP?"

"I just stand here and annoy people," he stopped. a grin dawned in his face, "Oh! Perhaps that is what you mean by RP"

"Talking about that... are you feeling well?"

"Yesterday you are a porridge which was more salt than porridge, and more burnt than coal!"

"Truly fascinating, a human with no sense of taste."

"It is remarkable..." He pushed himself forwards through two trees growing very closely, "Would you mind me doing some tests on you?"

"I do not think it will bother you, you don't seem to have a sense of pride either."

Le sigh poor Mist.

So the mutineers kill targets are pretty interesting. The last couple targets were all people who were decently low profile and not the easiest for me to read. This is both good and bad, since it means it's harder to learn anything from the mutineer's decisions to target those people, but it also means that process of elimination will be more effective later on in the game.

Anyways for now, I maintain that Karnage was the most suspicious vote on Mist, and also I trust most of the other player's I've given much thought more than I trust them, so for now that is where my vote goes.

Today I had a lot to deal with mentally irl and I just couldn't get around to doing much in the game.

It's getting a bit discouraging having so many players and not much activity. It feels like we're only playing with maybe 10 people at most. Makes it hard to read the game when so many people aren't really even playing. I don't know who I want to vote for at this point and I need to go to sleep. I might not be on before this rollover but if I am I'll try to see where a vote might be needed. Maybe I'll feel less dramatic after some sleep.

Hi

Not around much due to being at work but I have been popping in for a skim.

CadCom

Initially I had a village lean there in C1 but there's been nothing since then from Cadcom for me to stick to the read.

At this point I think we make wagons early, at least to see movement and to have a chance to come back and change vote.

I'm willing to go archivist as well btw.