Mafia Championships 2024 Rep  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to represent our community at the mafia championships this year?

• DrakeMarshall
    • Experience

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/24 at 03:58 AM

I’m honoured by your nominations, @Furamirionind and @Straw, but unfortunately I’ll not have the time this year; as one of the more active mods currently, I’ll likely need to devote time here rather to the Championships, and an exam-ridden schedule in May means I’d likely be unable to adequately keep on top of everything regardless were I to join. 

For my own part, I’d second any of the current nominations, and will additionally submit Wilson, Maill, Young Bard, Sart, Joe and Cadmium Compounder. This seems like quite a few names, but each of these players, to me, stands out as a good, active thinker, in addition to the names already put forwards. Plus, I get the sneaking suspicion some of them might not be active enough to play anyway :P 

I was nominated last year and the championships start late enough that I could do it before my mission... but I’d rather not. I think I’ll spend my mafia time playing SE before my mission instead of the championships. Just forestalling anybody trying to nominate me. 

That being said, I’d like to nominate @Mr Doctor  mr doctor . He’s pulled off some pretty amazing stunts and I think he’d be a great choice to represent the community. 

I second all of the nominations that have happened, especially Maill, Fura, Fifth Scholar, Devotary, and CadCom.

I'd also like to nominate Steel even though he's said he couldn't make it, just because I think he deserves the nomination.

On 3/29/2019 at 0:12 PM, The Storm said:

I appreciate the nomination, Straw! I definitely won’t have the time for this, so you’ll have to count me out. Thanks though! 

Just a reminder. :) no need to nominate me. Feel free to nominate better representatives than I. 

The following people have been nominated so far:

Furami, Elandera, Devotary, fifth, mailliw, orlok tsubodai, wilson, young bard, Sart, joe, cadcom, mr doctor and steel.

Of these, the following have indicated they can play:

Elandera, Furami (I think? can you confirm, @Furamirionind?)

The following have indicated that they can't:

Mailliw, Alvron (premptively), Steeldancer, Fifth

and lastly these people have yet to respond to the nominations:

@Devotary of Spontaneity, @Orlok Tsubodai, @little wilson, @Metabardnition, @Sart, @A Joe in the Bush, @Cadmium Compounder and @Mr Doctor.

If you've been nominated, please confirm whether you can play or not.

Did I miss anyone?

There is nothing I would love more than to play, but If this starts at the end of April or beginning of May, I would have finals at or near the same time, so I don't think I would be able to dedicate myself enough to be able to play effectively, so I am going to have to pass on my nomination. 

1 hour ago, Aranduensis said:

The following people have been nominated so far:

Furami, Elandera, Devotary, fifth, mailliw, orlok tsubodai, wilson, young bard, Sart, joe, cadcom, mr doctor and steel.

Of these, the following have indicated they can play:

Elandera, Furami (I think? can you confirm, @Furamirionind?)

The following have indicated that they can't:

Mailliw, Alvron (premptively), Steeldancer, Fifth

and lastly these people have yet to respond to the nominations:

@Devotary of Spontaneity, @Orlok Tsubodai, @little wilson, @Metabardnition, @Sart, @A Joe in the Bush, @Cadmium Compounder and @Mr Doctor.

If you've been nominated, please confirm whether you can play or not.

Did I miss anyone?

I could

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

There is nothing I would love more than to play, but If this starts at the end of April or beginning of May, I would have finals at or near the same time, so I don't think I would be able to dedicate myself enough to be able to play effectively, so I am going to have to pass on my nomination. 

If its anything like previous years, there'll be a number of qualifying rounds from late over may and june, with all participants giving the preferred start dates for their game. So if you've got time starting say, halfway through may, you should be fine.

On 03/04/2019 at 10:53 PM, Aranduensis said:

If its anything like previous years, there'll be a number of qualifying rounds from late over may and june, with all participants giving the preferred start dates for their game. So if you've got time starting say, halfway through may, you should be fine.

What Aran said :D

3 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Yes, I would be able to participate... Though I have some concerns about my inexperience. (I have been playing here for only like 8 months... And I still have yet to win a village/elim game lol)

I got pretty close to getting nominated during my first year here as well, and during my round of the tournament there where a couple of players with significantly less experience than you do now, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Hey guys. I'm going on vacation next week, so won't be able to check in here. If you guys happen to decide on a representative in that time, they can reach me on Mafia Universe or Discord (Thingyman#6075). I'll then make sure they get the information they need to get prepared :)

So, historically, this would be the point where we put the candidates who've said they could do it up for a vote - I think that's @Furamirionind, @Elandera, @A Joe in the Bush and @Devotary of Spontaneity (to clarify, Devotary, do you accept the nomination or not?). If @Fifth Scholar, @Alvron or @little wilson could get the poll up and running, that would be great.

37 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

So, historically, this would be the point where we put the candidates who've said they could do it up for a vote - I think that's @Furamirionind, @Elandera, @A Joe in the Bush and @Devotary of Spontaneity (to clarify, Devotary, do you accept the nomination or not?). If @Fifth Scholar, @Alvron or @little wilson could get the poll up and running, that would be great.

Indeed.  I should've gotten the poll up yesterday but life.  Give me a couple of minutes to work out how to do polls and I'll have it up and ready for votes.

Edit: Poll is now open.  Sart, Fura, Joe and Elan were the only ones I saw that said they could do it and had the time.  If I missed anyone, please speak up and I'll add you in.

48 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Indeed.  I should've gotten the poll up yesterday but life.  Give me a couple of minutes to work out how to do polls and I'll have it up and ready for votes.

Edit: Poll is now open.  Sart, Fura, Joe and Elan were the only ones I saw that said they could do it and had the time.  If I missed anyone, please speak up and I'll add you in.

Thanks. It's not allowing me to vote, though. :P It says "34 members have voted", so maybe it's reading that I already voted last year and won't allow me to vote again? I'm not sure.

Edited by Young Bard

4 hours ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Are we allowed to change our votes?

At this point in time, there does not appear to be a way to change ones vote without wiping everyones votes and starting anew.  Sorry.