Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

Ok, I can’t read every post, my mind is melting, but I got the gist. What I don’t see are any legit suspects. Most people voting are going on RNG, gut reads, or disagreements on tactics, which I don’t like because I’ve always ended up going after villagers when we do that. Anyone have a suggestion where I should vote for D1 that isn’t fruitless? I know we need an exe, missing that deprives us of info, but I really never like D1 because there’s so little to go on.

I won’t be roleclaiming, btw, and would generally advise no one should unless they’ll be exe’d otherwise. Zelda, that includes you unless we’re down to just a few Yigas and you have info on one or more.

24 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

@Alvron anything more from you?

Some sad news today when it was announced that Rudolph the reindeer was killed over Barcelona.  Eye witnesses claim the famed animal was hit by a flock of birds before being struck by a Boeing 747.  All reports say that the reindeer in Spain was hit mainly by the plane.

11 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I like you already, Ezlo. I do not regret this subscribe. But you are still on my naughty list.

aight but I'm expecting a bag of coal from you one of these days

coal is surprisingly underrated

2 minutes ago, Alvron said:

Some sad news today when it was announced that Rudolph the reindeer was killed over Barcelona.  Eye witnesses claim the famed animal was hit by a flock of birds before being struck by a Boeing 747.  All reports say that the reindeer in Spain was hit mainly by the plane.

whose line is it anyway?

quality reference

Edited by DrakeMarshall

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

aight but I'm expecting a bag of coal from you one of these days

coal is surprisingly underrated

Sorry, Santa Kas is trying to be more environmentally-friendly these days, but you're welcome to a picture of coal:

Spoiler

31d2eeb0-8398-4a0f-802a-ba840dd8ff51.jpg

I'll admit what I have on you is largely gut and wariness because I GMed Evil you and haven't seen you in action since.

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Sorry, Santa Kas is trying to be more environmentally-friendly these days, but you're welcome to a picture of coal:

Hide contents

31d2eeb0-8398-4a0f-802a-ba840dd8ff51.jpg

I'll admit what I have on you is largely gut and wariness because I GMed Evil you and haven't seen you in action since.

Ooh but that's a lovely high definition picture of coal. This is acceptable

Was that the "Death Comes at the End" murder mystery fun? :D

11 minutes ago, Tani said:

How much waiting and seeing will this take?

Well, if 1/3 of all players are vanilla, not long at all :P

@Archer (sorry, on mobile and can’t find the post) - I’d advise just saying in thread which is more important, getting correct info or getting the item you want. That way Beedle knows at least which you value more.

Further relief would be obtained by not asking for a super powerful item and saying explicitly that you don’t care about the item in question, but that’s a lot to ask seeing as I’m the only one concerned :P mostly just be aware of what pressure you may be putting on Beedle.

12 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

whose line is it anyway?

quality reference

Indeed.  Nothing like some Colin Mochrie whenever I feel down.

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

3026d86ef3fac29e29bf73ed58f1ae3e.gif

Got to love the classics.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

Further relief would be obtained by not asking for a super powerful item and saying explicitly that you don’t care about the item in question, but that’s a lot to ask seeing as I’m the only one concerned :P mostly just be aware of what pressure you may be putting on Beedle.

Ash, you know you don't have to third person this, just tell Archer directly how to do his item requests :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Ash, you know you don't have to third person this, just tell Archer directly how to do his item requests :ph34r:

The point I’m trying to make against Archer telling [Beedle] what to do would be directly undermined by Ashbringer telling Archer what to do. I’m just saying what would make me feel better.

… this would turn very ironic if I was Beedle.

Just now, Ashbringer said:

The point I’m trying to make against Archer telling [Beedle] what to do would be directly undermined by Ashbringer telling Archer what to do. I’m just saying what would make me feel better.

… this would turn very ironic if I was Beedle.

Exactly what I'm saying :P 

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I’m not really big on guessing how many vanillas there are. Guessing role distribution has (almost) never gone well from what I remember. But I know Striker likes his role madnesses, and from what I remember from the rules the non-Link, non-Zelda Named Roles aren’t guarunteed to be unique. So I want to wait and see on vanillas.

I’m not going to vote TUO for it, yet, but it’s marked.

Nested quotes nested quotes they dont stay sadge

Anyways this was more of a response to tani. But anyone i guess. 

Publicly speculating on how many vanillas, who the vanillas are, whatnot, isnt helpful and is actively harmful. This is something that "the elims talk about it, so we won't be helping them really" doesnt apply, because with everything you say about the roles you slip your perspective in there which is changed depending on what role you have/n't

EDIT:

Kas: i want a chill game

Kas: analysis

Kas: antagonizing 

Kas: rolefishing in thread

Edited by Illwei

Reva wondered. *How does he know what I am? How does he know I'm different? And why didn't he just reform his fingers, if he wanted to squish one more of me so badly??*

She decided to experiment.

Do I have to decide what this entails?

6 minutes ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Do I have to decide what this entails?

No. It says what this is, just down at the bottom of the post. She's going to go near the gate he's guarding.

Edited by Tani

17 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Kas: i want a chill game

I had y'all as outlets in LG73, now I just have the thread to troll since you're not responding to my overtures in our PM smh Eiwlil :ph34r:

Well, since I prefer not to make last minute vote changes and the Illwei train isn't going to go anywhere today, Pyro. Which puts me in the interesting situation of voting alongside two people, one of whom I find suspicious and one of whom my gut dislikes. I don't know what to feel about that.

38 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Well, if 1/3 of all players are vanilla, not long at all :P

@Archer (sorry, on mobile and can’t find the post) - I’d advise just saying in thread which is more important, getting correct info or getting the item you want. That way Beedle knows at least which you value more.

@ beedle I want information more than I want an item. I don't intend to request anything too powerful from the handsome and intelligent travelling salesman. I'd take a pot if he were selling them, but I'll settle for a non-Durian, non-Frog thing. I don't think I'll specify further. If it puts you in a bad spot, don't worry about signalling me (and by extension the thread). Your role, your call. 

Per my initial post, given how many players we have, if you do one of each named role and two of the others, maybe even three, you're left with a fair number of vanilla left over. But! The elims have few vanillas, if any, for balance reasons. So they probably have a poor idea of how many vanillas there are, which is to say, I'm with Illwei on this one. I'm not totally against rules analysis, because it's D1 and it can be done in a neutral way. Just be careful of crossing yourself off the elims' list of people who could be a confirmed good, because they need the cover. 

2 minutes ago, Tani said:

Why do you call her this? *curious*

To mess with Drake's vote counter.

Relatedly, I figured out why Drake was pinging my elimdar. It was something they said yesterday slight sussing me for asking people to work to be village read. It was a weird comment. Also they revealed our PM, which I didn't expect a villager to do. That's all I've got against them so far. 

Steeldancer voted, so I'll move off of him this round (thanks for the gender!). That clears the bar in terms of me wanting to know where their head is at. Main quibble with them actually relates to that though; they're very responsive to pressure in a wolfy way. 

Steel to Pyro

2 minutes ago, Tani said:

That isn't it. Kas has been calling Illwei Eiwlil the whole game.

I'm not sure where it started, but Illwei gets nicknames often, and I'm pretty sure Kas using that one isn't too new.