Just now, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim looked around. "Maybe we should start checking the beggars. I remember someone on the shard put in his signature three Cosmere rules, and the third was that if you meet a crazy beggar it's probably Hoid."

He started walking, then turned around and said: "Oh, and try to say something that'll shake him up a bit. Something about Adonalsium or Rayse or something. Say things you aren't supposed to know."

"Okay." she started looking for random people.

7 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Someone probably needs to play the beggars and the people around. I'm not sure I want to, so I won't... yet.

I think we shouldn't find Hoid now, maybe he'll return to us later, when something plot-relevant is happening because Furtuuuune. Maybe we should search for some time, then give up and search an inn that'd be willing to host us. And Hoblim needs time to find his Investiture.

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

I agree. I honestly would try to find Hoid. I'm just trying to stay in character. 

Also, would you be opposed to Hoid trying to make you an apprentice Worldsinger? Because I think that might be awesome.

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

Also, would you be opposed to Hoid trying to make you an apprentice Worldsinger? Because I think that might be awesome.

I had a dialogue imagined in my mind that went this way. Of course it'd be awesome. And weird. But since the Worldsingers are Rosharans I don't think he'll train one on Scadrial.

18 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"I'm very excited to get slammed into the ground by Hoid's impressive insults."

Remember that SA happens before Second Era Scadrial, though I'm not sure how long the difference is. Also, is Insight a time-traveler?

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"I'm very excited to get slammed into the ground by Hoid's impressive insults."

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

Remember that SA happens before Second Era Scadrial

I know, and I'm trying to figure out how to bypass this.

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

is Insight a time-traveler?

Um... Yes? And that is how we bypass the time difference thing. Yep. Okay, problem solved. I have no idea. Yet.

25 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Um... Yes? And that is how we bypass the time difference thing. Yep. Okay, problem solved. I have no idea. Yet.

Please don't. One thing Brandon did right was not allowing past alteration in his books, which is why his books don't get entangled with time paradoxes. I'd like to keep it that way.

I literally have a time travel rant written down, which might explain the problem of using it. I don't think I'll send it to you yet.

So, I think something needs to happen now, so...

On 25.2.2021 at 11:54 PM, Random Bystander said:

People look weirdly at the kids, who seem to search for someone. Hoid, in the meanwhile, is nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, kids." Says one of the people around the FoR. "Did you lose your parents? What House are they working for?"

Hoblim tries to think of something to say, but nothing comes out.

So, I made an unnecessary quote box. I wanted to say something, though, and now is as good time as anytime.

The thing is, Judaism is a religion that really shapes your daily and weekly schedule, and I made my character religious. I basically have now two options: completely ignore that my character is a Jew, or make things a little weird for you all by randomly mentioning that my character was busy in some religious ritual. Problem is, some of what I already wrote (I.E., the plastic container and lid) was built around my character being religious (I can explain that later). So, what do you think?

29 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

People look weirdly at the kids, who seem to search for someone. Hoid, in the meanwhile, is nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, kids." Says one of the people around the FoR. "Did you lose your parents? What House are they working for?"

Hoblim tries to think of something to say, but nothing comes out.

Eh. My character is religious as well, and that is going to change the way she acts. Just have your character do what you would do.

"No. We are looking for some friends of ours. We got separated not too long ago, and want to make sure they aren't lost." It wasn't really a lie. She was still looking for the two adults who had ditched them. She was just looking for Hoid at the same time.

8 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"No. We are looking for some friends of ours. We got separated not too long ago, and want to make sure they aren't lost." It wasn't really a lie. She was still looking for the two adults who had ditched them. She was just looking for Hoid at the same time.

The man looks at you weirdly, but accepts the explanation and walks away.

13 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Eh. My character is religious as well, and that is going to change the way she acts. Just have your character do what you would do.

It'd make things a little weird if I'll do that, but fine.

1 minute ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim shakes his head. "Yeah, it doesn't seem so. Where now, then? Do we have anywhere to stay? Or maybe we should start searching?"

"Actually, that's what we were trying to figure out before I saw you go into the store."

2 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

@Trutharchivist

"Uh, yeah. We still have to ask someone. Would you be willing to do that?"

Hoblim shrugged. He walked toward a random person at the FoR. "Um... I'm sorry, do you happen know where is the nearest inn? Preferably on the Fourth Octant."

He pointed toward the street the group just came from. "Go down there, turn left at the fourth turn, then turn right on the third. It's right near the railway there, you can't miss it."

Hoblim turned to the rest of the group. "Now the only question is whether we have enough money. I have twenty five boxings..."

He facepalmed. "But I'm just an idiot. You have the money from the aluminum foil. You're paying then."

He starts walking, probably with everyone.

@Random Bystander

I might have a weird logic, but I think an inn near a railway station is a good idea, for transportation's sake.

BTW, I think your discussion about "how'd they call it" is pointless, because through the connection the translation works by meaning, so they'd probably understand either way.

4 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim shrugged. He walked toward a random person at the FoR. "Um... I'm sorry, do you happen know where is the nearest inn? Preferably on the Fourth Octant."

He pointed toward the street the group just came from. "Go down there, turn left at the fourth turn, then turn right on the third. It's right near the railway there, you can't miss it."

Hoblim turned to the rest of the group. "Now the only question is whether we have enough money. I have twenty five boxings..."

He facepalmed. "But I'm just an idiot. You have the money from the aluminum foil. You're paying then."

He starts walking, probably with everyone.

@Random Bystander

As I said before, I'm trying to stay in character. I would have been wondering about that.

"Okay!" She followed.

On 27.2.2021 at 9:30 PM, Random Bystander said:

"Okay!" She followed.

On 27.2.2021 at 11:56 PM, AmazingGoob said:

I follow as well.

The group goes according to the instructions, and reaches a big building, labeled "Cladent's inn". They enter the building.

@Vapor

So, I tagged Vapor, since I assume she followed too. We'll need someone to play the innkeeper, and perhaps you should tell Hoblim you need to find the others. I'm not sure what we do at the inn - I think I'll leave it to the girl with the money to talk, now.

Edit: Just thought of it, if someone has an Allomantic power, they might be able to burn traces of metal they get from their food/drink. There's probably some metal there, even though today these things are more hygienic. 

BTW, does someone intend to reply? Maybe I'm just impatient, but still. Maybe I should try and figure out in the meanwhile who's where.

Edited by Trutharchivist

On 2/28/2021 at 3:45 AM, Trutharchivist said:

The group goes according to the instructions, and reaches a big building, labeled "Cladent's inn". They enter the building.

@Vapor

Guess I'll be the innkeeper.

@Random Bystander
"Hello," says the skinny man behinds the counter of the inn. "How may I be of assistance, young 'uns?"

8 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

@Random Bystander
"Hello," says the skinny man behinds the counter of the inn. "How may I be of assistance, young 'uns?"

"Um, we'd like to rent..." She started calculating stuff in her head. "3 larger rooms?" We should be able to fit everyone into 3 rooms, right? 

30 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Um, we'd like to rent..." She started calculating stuff in her head. "3 larger rooms?" We should be able to fit everyone into 3 rooms, right? 

Hoblim wonders about the larger, but finds no reason to speak up. Lilliana was paying, after all. And he did wanted a whole room for himself. They were actually four, but surely they could arrange private rooms.

I'm not sure you mentioned the others before, except for the time someone asked who we were searching for, and then Hoblim just thought you were bluffing. You do mean to have room for everyone, right?

All right. Sorry for the double posting, but I want to make order of this, so, wearing my Self Proclaimed Unofficial Continuity Editor (or SPUCE for short) hat I'll try to sort out who's where.

First, Null's and Order's characters are in the Village, with Random as Vwafendal. They're trying to figure out if they are Feruchemist - sorry that I didn't follow on who, exactly. BTW, Vwafendal should've told them straight away that they weren't, since she keeps track of all the Ferrings around. Though I might be wrong.

Dannex and Taken - you are probably lost somewhere. I don't know what's going on with you.

Enter a Username - sorry, couldn't keep track of you either. Maybe you are with Dannex and Taken, searching for interesting stuff? 

Vapor, Random, Goob and me are in Cladent's inn, with Goob playing the innkeeper.

Honorless still didn't introduce his character in-game.

I believe this is everyone, and so I'll tag you all. Sorry on advance. I'll try to keep better track on you - and your characters' names - later.

@Negative_Null @The Unknown Order @Dannex @HoidWasTaken @Enter a username @Vapor @Random Bystander @AmazingGoob @Trutharchivist @Honorless

Edited by Trutharchivist