Hoblim pocketed his money and closed his plastic container, shouldering it. He thought for a moment and came to the nearest person, passing through the dispersing crowd. "Excuse me, can you please direct me to the nearest clothes shop in the Fourth Octant?"

I think it's fine he remembers that things happen in the Fourth Octant, though I never remember.

Random, if you don't want to RP Hoid it's normal, though I might prefer you would play both him and the crowd.

Hoid can be the person I asked for directions if you so wish, or just whoever. I can try and RP him myself, though it's probably not the best idea I had.

And Hoblim won't think that he suddenly became a Feruchemist/Allomancer, since he's used to Narnia-style worldhopping.

3 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim pocketed his money and closed his plastic container, shouldering it. He thought for a moment and came to the nearest person, passing through the dispersing crowd. "Excuse me, can you please direct me to the nearest clothes shop in the Fourth Octant?"

People! I need your help! To RP Hoid, one needs a list of Hoid-ish insults. If anyone can come up with good insults, I would very much appreciate it.

Hoid turned to face the young man with a grin. "That last story wasn't that accurate. You knew more than most would, but you had a lot of important points missing. Like me, for example. However, it obviously entertained the crowd. You did well for a beginner... Not that that's saying much. So, what world are you from?"

I think Hoid would be able to tell... I mean, he's Hoid. And the clothing is obviously not from Scadrial.

Just now, Random Bystander said:

Hoid turned to face the young man with a grin. "That last story wasn't that accurate. You knew more than most would, but you had a lot of important points missing. Like me, for example. However, it obviously entertained the crowd. You did well for a beginner... Not that that's saying much. So, what world are you from?"

Hoblim was taken aback by the response. It took him a minute to realize. "You're the one they call Cephandrius, aren't you?" He says, getting a little pale. "I- I'm from Earth. I don't believe you know this one - it might be in a parallel universe or something. So, you heard my stories?" He laughs nervously. "Well, you know, when you don't know a story well enough, pretend you do while you tell it. Any hesitation will drive the audience away. And I figured, you didn't do too much in Scadrial. Unlike Roshar, for example."

2 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim was taken aback by the response. It took him a minute to realize. "You're the one they call Cephandrius, aren't you?" He says, getting a little pale. "I- I'm from Earth. I don't believe you know this one - it might be in a parallel universe or something. So, you heard my stories?" He laughs nervously. "Well, you know, when you don't know a story well enough, pretend you do while you tell it. Any hesitation will drive the audience away. And I figured, you didn't do too much in Scadrial. Unlike Roshar, for example."

"I've never heard of Earth." Hoid said thoughtfully. "I heard the last two of the stories." He grinned. "There is a clothing store that way." He pointed in some direction. "I'll be seeing you again soon." He then walked away to find another person to bother talk to.

And just like that, your character is cooler than mine. :D 

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"I've never heard of Earth." Hoid said thoughtfully. "I heard the last two of the stories." He grinned. "There is a clothing store that way." He pointed in some direction. "I'll be seeing you again soon." He then walked away to find another person to bother talk to.

My character, cool? He's probably not enough like me, then.

If Sanderson's (an avatar of) a shard, shouldn't Hoid know him and his shardworld?

Hoblim walked in the direction Cephandrius pointed to, a little overwhelmed. He actually talked to Cephandrius, one of the oldest entities in the Cosmere! He wondered if he should try to find Wax next, since it seemed to be the right era. He entered distractedly to the clothes shop, searching for a reasonably priced clothes for his size.

Hoblim walked in the direction Cephandrius pointed to, a little overwhelmed. He actually talked to Cephandrius, one of the oldest entities in the Cosmere! He wondered if he should try to find Wax next, since it seemed to be the right era. He entered distractedly to the clothes shop, searching for a reasonably priced clothes for his size.

Anyone who talks to Hoid is automatically cool.

I'm just going to do something...

Lilliana stopped. "Uh... Is that guy wearing stuff from Earth?" She ran into the store.

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

Lilliana stopped. "Uh... Is that guy wearing stuff from Earth?" She ran into the store.

Hoblim found the clothes he was looking for and went to the counter. "I believe that is twenty boxings, right?" He asks the man behind it, putting said amount of money in the counter.

How much money do I have? 45? 50?

21 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim found the clothes he was looking for and went to the counter. "I believe that is twenty boxings, right?" He asks the man behind it, putting said amount of money in the counter.

Around that amount. I also have a large unspecified amount of money. 

Yep. Definitely from Earth. Wow. How many of us are there?

Edit: I forgot to talk for the man. Sorry.

The man nodded, and took the boxings. 

Edited by Random Bystander

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

"A place for you to switch clothes? Sounds like prime chance for you to steal clothes, pick your clothes and get out of my shop!"

"Oh, well. Thank you anyway."

Hoblim turns around and- 

Wait. This girl wears Earth clothes! So he wasn't the only one here? He started to think. Is that a Beyonders situation, maybe? Or (G-d forbid!) a Dark Lord of Derkholm situation? Anyway, he should probably talk to her.

"Excuse me, Miss, but are you,  by any chance, from Earth?"

@Random Bystander

Sorry for the B. Anyway, I'll assume he bought the clothes before asking.

Edited by Trutharchivist

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim turns around and- 

Wait. This girl wears Earth clothes! So he wasn't the only one here? He started to think. Is that a Beyonders situation, maybe? Or (G-d forbid!) a Dark Lord of Derkholm situation? Anyway, he should probably talk to her.

@Random Bystander

It's more like a Five Kingdoms situation. 

"Stop loitering and get out of my shop, filthy thieves, talk about your miscreance elsewhere!"

Is miscreance even a word?

Hoblim turns around and- 

@Random Bystander

"Ha! I knew it! I knew that no one in Scadrial could get their hands on those." She grinned. "Come on! There are more of us outside!"

1 minute ago, The Unknown Order said:

"Stop loitering and get out of my shop, filthy thieves, talk about your miscreance elsewhere!"

She snorted. "Like I'd need to rob you." she said, and then ran outside.

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Ha! I knew it! I knew that no one in Scadrial could get their hands on those." She grinned. "Come on! There are more of us outside!"

He takes a gun out from under his table a shots, Bam! Bam! Bam!

His face grows angry but he doesn't retaliate. 

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

It's more like a Five Kingdoms situation.

Wait, you guys were kidnapped and sold as slaves? No one told me that!

On a more serious note, I get what you say, though that wasn't my direction. I'd hazard a guess you never read Dark Lord of Derkholm?

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Hoblim hurried outside after the girl. "Maybe we should introduce ourselves or something. I'm Hoblim Gross. Do you have a Shard account? I assume you are a Sanderfan."

Hoblim hurried outside after the girl. "Maybe we should introduce ourselves or something. I'm Hoblim Gross. Do you have a Shard account? I assume you are a Sanderfan."

"Oh, hello. I never did tell you guys who I am on the shard- I was AmazingGoob."

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"Oh, hello. I never did tell you guys who I am on the shard- I was AmazingGoob."

"Oh!" Says Hoblim. "You're the one with the necromancer in the Villain RP, aren't you? I'm Trutharchivist. I... kind of lurked around the Villain RP."

1 minute ago, Trutharchivist said:

She grinned. "I'm Lilliana. Aka: Random Bystander. And yes. I happened to fall into this world with Warbreaker, Arcanum Unbounded, and a foil wrapped sandwich. Oh! And I found out that I'm a Seeker!" 

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"I think we've roleplayed together before. You are part of that one DnD game, right?"

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

She grinned. "I'm Lilliana. Aka: Random Bystander. And yes. I happened to fall into this world with Warbreaker, Arcanum Unbounded, and a foil wrapped sandwich. Oh! And I found out that I'm a Seeker!" 

"I think we've roleplayed together before. You are part of that one DnD game, right?"

"I think so, yeah, if DnD with Null is what you're talking about."

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

4 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"I think so, yeah, if DnD with Null is what you're talking about."

"Well, as the saying goes, all the rivers end up in the sea, and all the sharders end in an RP." Said Hoblim, laughing awkwardly. "Umm... Random Bystander... You were in my theoretical crew, weren't you?"

7 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

"Oh!" Says Hoblim. "You're the one with the necromancer in the Villain RP, aren't you? I'm Trutharchivist. I... kind of lurked around the Villain RP."

"Uh... yeah, I remember you. Man, am I going to miss the internet..."

"Well, as the saying goes, all the rivers end up in the sea, and all the sharders end in an RP." Said Hoblim, laughing awkwardly. "Umm... Random Bystander... You were in my theoretical crew, weren't you?"

"Yep. I did the fake, unexisting paperwork." She grinned. "We're in the Alloy of Law timeline, just so you know."

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"Same."

17 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"You... remember me? I'm surprised. And I guess I'm going to miss it, too."

18 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Yep. I did the fake, unexisting paperwork." She grinned. "We're in the Alloy of Law timeline, just so you know."

"Hey, don't you dare laughing at my Crew's non-existent paperwork!" He smiled.

"Though you are completely right. Alloy of Law? Interesting. And wait," he stops, looking surprised. "you have aluminum? How much? And are an Allomancer? I definitely didn't expect that. How do you think you became one?"