Just now, Negative_Null said:

"No, of course not." Alex walked in. "What are you thinking, going off alone?" he hissed at Evan under his breath.

"First of all, I'm the one with a knife who knows how to use a knife, second of all, I thought they were behind me." He reaches the door and knocks.

4 hours ago, Honorless said:

Go ahead and join! You just need to post a character sheet first. Although, it might be hard to introduce your character right now. We currently have two groups. One is in Ladrian mansion, and the other is in the Village.

8 hours ago, The Unknown Order said:

"First of all, I'm the one with a knife who knows how to use a knife, second of all, I thought they were behind me." He reaches the door and knocks.

A lady opens the door. "Can I help you?" 

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

Okay, so I'll write up a character sheet and check out what's happened so far.

Oh this is set in era 2!

Spoiler

Name: Durg Verma

Appearance: short black hair, crew cut, kinda spiky. Short. dark eyes, wears glasses.

Relevant Skills: linguistics (is that gonna come into play? We're still using English, right?), can cook (a bit, with modern appliances), I can sew up clothes, I guess, basic first aid, knows some chemistry (but I ain't Nile Blue)

Personality: ah yes, that thing that everyone else has, while I have a blank slate that I'm supposed to fill in, so I panicked and wrote cusswords on it

Okay, more seriously, I'm making the character a flanderized version of myself. Relaxed procrastinator, outspoken,...

Investiture: pending (I'll go use Ene's bot over on Discord to get a random roll)

update: that did not work out well for me

Screenshot_20210216_193417.thumb.png.4c6cffb3a2fd4854b853af0268ee1917.png

I'm picking Steelrunner

Edited by Honorless

10 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Ooh! Good idea! Yeah, you should definitely be prepared for that, and be ready to ambush them. Also, bring a rifle and some rifle rounds. Trust me on this one. And just so you know, the Vanishers are going to try to kidnap both Marasi and Steris. That's actually why you need the rifle. Marasi is an excellent shot." She grinned. "Any questions?"

"Yeah. How do you know all this stuff?" Said Wayne. 

Lilliana grinned. "That is none of you business." 

Wax closed the book, and handed back to Lilliana. "Are you sure that Miles is the leader of the Vanishers?"

"Yes. I am literally as certain as I can be." She shoved her book into her bag. "There is no way for me to be more certain than I am. Now, Miles might lead the Vanishers, but your Uncle is employing them. He is working under the alias of 'Mr. Suit', and is part of the organization that is getting them to kidnap women." She shuddered. "They're... Well..." She took a deep breath. "They're trying to breed an army of allomancers." 

"Wait, what?" Said Wax.

Lillian looked at her companions for help.

@Vapor, @HoidWasTaken, @ItWon'tLetMe@AnyoneElseForSomeReason.

"Um... exactly what she said. They're kidnapping women with allomantic bloodlines and trying to breed allomancers."

Just now, Vapor said:

"Um... exactly what she said. They're kidnapping women with allomantic bloodlines and trying to breed allomancers."

"It makes me feel sick." Lilliana said, feeling disgusted. She sighed. "Well, I think that covers everything that we needed to tell you about. We can leave now, if no one else has anything to add, and if you don't have any more questions."

Wayne grinned. "I have a question. Can I trade for your hat?" 

Her hand went to the baseball cap she was wearing. "No. It is mine, and I can't get another one. So no."

Wax thought for a moment. "Where exactly are you all from?" 

"Earth." Lilliana said immediately. "I already told you that, actually. You must not have been paying attention. It's another world, probably another universe too, but we don't know that for certain. We don't actually know how we got here, so don't ask." She paused. "Actually, there are lots of things we don't know. For example, we aren't completely sure how we can speak the correct language. We don't know if our world is secretly a shardworld, which I think it might be due to the circumstances. We don't know how to get home, and I'm not even sure if we know where the nearest perpendicularity is."

2 minutes ago, Honorless said:

When you get to Scadrial, you aren't going to know what is going on exactly. You aren't going to have a metalmind either. (Unless you happened to be holding a bracelet that is pure steel when you were teleported.) You only have what you had when you were teleported with you. That will probably make it easier for you to find us, because we are all wearing clothing from Earth.

6 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"It makes me feel sick." Lilliana said, feeling disgusted. She sighed. "Well, I think that covers everything that we needed to tell you about. We can leave now, if no one else has anything to add, and if you don't have any more questions."

Wayne grinned. "I have a question. Can I trade for your hat?" 

Her hand went to the baseball cap she was wearing. "No. It is mine, and I can't get another one. So no."

Wax thought for a moment. "Where exactly are you all from?" 

"Earth." Lilliana said immediately. "I already told you that, actually. You must not have been paying attention. It's another world, probably another universe too, but we don't know that for certain. We don't actually know how we got here, so don't ask." She paused. "Actually, there are lots of things we don't know. For example, we aren't completely sure how we can speak the correct language. We don't know if our world is secretly a shardworld, which I think it might be due to the circumstances. We don't know how to get home, and I'm not even sure if we know where the nearest perpendicularity is."

"It's odd too. We know that different shardworlds speak different languages- so if we went to, say, Nalthis, would we be able to understand them, or is it only Scadrian?"

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"It's odd too. We know that different shardworlds speak different languages- so if we went to, say, Nalthis, would we be able to understand them, or is it only Scadrian?"

"Hm. I don't know. And what about the South Scadrians? Do you think we would be able to understand them?"

"I'm sorry, what? Nalthis? South Scadrians?" Said Wax.

"Oh yeah. I, um, forgot that you didn't know about that." She said sheepishly. "Um, there is another area in Scadrial that is much more technologically advanced than Elendel." She paused, and then turned to her companions. "We should go to South Scadrial! Maybe they have indoor plumbing! Although, it is really cold..."

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Hm. I don't know. And what about the South Scadrians? Do you think we would be able to understand them?"

"I'm sorry, what? Nalthis? South Scadrians?" Said Wax.

"Oh yeah. I, um, forgot that you didn't know about that." She said sheepishly. "Um, there is another area in Scadrial that is much more technologically advanced than Elendel." She paused, and then turned to her companions. "We should go to South Scadrial! Maybe they have indoor plumbing! Although, it is really cold..."

"It's cold for them. Though I don't want to be called a barbarian all the time, or wear a mask."

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"It's cold for them. Though I don't want to be called a barbarian all the time, or wear a mask."

"True. Very, very true. So do you guys think we should go now?" She looked around. "Wait. Are we missing someone? Dang. I guess I need to pay better attention to my surroundings."

Yes hi I’m back

apologies for the hiatus 

I stand back, watching all the chaos unfold. 

Wow, she actually just did that. I’m surprised they haven’t thrown us out already. 

Suddenly I remember something. The vials! I haven’t actually used one to test if I’m an allomancer yet! 

“Hey, can I have one of those vials?” I whisper to Lilliana.

7 hours ago, Dannex said:

I stand back, watching all the chaos unfold. 

Wow, she actually just did that. I’m surprised they haven’t thrown us out already. 

Suddenly I remember something. The vials! I haven’t actually used one to test if I’m an allomancer yet! 

“Hey, can I have one of those vials?” I whisper to Lilliana.

Lilliana nodded. "Sure thing!" She grabbed one if the vials, and passed it to him.

3 hours ago, Honorless said:

Aw, sad to see you go.

3 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Lilliana nodded. "Sure thing!" She grabbed one if the vials, and passed it to him.

I take the vial and slip outside. Here goes nothing......wait. Aren't some of these metals poisonous? I need a way to make sure this is safe...

Suddenly I notice a piece of paper wrapped around the vial. I unravel it to reveal a message, supposedly from the metallurgist. "I put the metals in a solution that will induce vomiting after about a minute, wouldn't want you kids to die from metal poisoning, would I?" Huh, that's convenient. He just happened to have a solution like that ready? Am I sure I'm not dreaming?

I pop the cork off the top of the vial. "A toast!" I say to myself, "to car crashes and hallucinations!"

I down the vial. 

I try to feel inwards like it always describes in the book, looking for some sort of 'reserve'. Nothing's happening...

Suddenly, Power. A stockpile of it flaming within me. YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I mentally reach for it, and it feels like the most natural thing in the world. Blue lines spring into view, and I know what each of them mean. I reach out to one, and push

And go flying backwards into a wall. I grin like a madman. "I'm a coinshot!" I yell it to the world, ecstatic that a dream I've had for years was coming true. This was the best moment of my life.

And then I vomit all over Waxillium Ladrian's grass. 

Edited by Dannex

4 minutes ago, Dannex said:

And then I vomited into Wax's grass.

This is my favorite line, but I also like your toast. :P 

Lilliana watched him leave. "Uh... I think we should probably leave now." She turned to Wax, and grinned. "Don't trust your butler. He will spontaneously combust. We'll probably come back if we remember anything else that could help you, but that's all for now." She grabbed her bag off of the floor. "Whelp, Bye!" She walked towards the door. 

3 hours ago, Honorless said:

If you ever want to join randomly in the future, feel free to just start RPing. :D

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

This is my favorite line, but I also like your toast. :P 

Lol, thanks :P

I stand up. wiping the bile from my mouth. Luckily I had managed to lean over and not ruin my only set of clothes. I try to find the same reserve of power, and sure enough it was gone. Hopefully that means the other metals are gone too. Now would be a really bad time to die of lead poisoning. 

As I'm walking back inside, I notice the same slip of paper from the metallurgist lying on the ground. I had dropped it in my excitement. I find that it had flipped over to reveal a message on the other side. "Also, Danny, do me a favor and say hi to Insight for me. It's been quite a while since..." Unfortunately my sudden desire to make a sidewalk pizza had left the rest of the message unreadable.  

I stare at it, confused. Did I ever give him my name? I don't think I did....and what is Insight?

I notice the door opening, so I quickly shove the paper in my pocket. Whatever it meant, it seemed like a message for me, and I wanted to learn what it meant before showing it to the others.