25 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Wow, that was certainly a jump of logic. Why do you think that? It seems... Convoluted."

"As an ADHD kid, my brain goes through topics fast. Plus, it kind of makes sense. Especially with the situation. I mean, we know through secret history that shards can see slightly into the future. Shadows of Self and Bands of Mourning haven't happened yet. We also know that Brandon shares lots of information with us, or rather lots of insights into the cosmere. We know that there is a Shard that wants to hide, and that is supposed to be really smart. Could it be that the shard has a lot of insight?" She grinned "See? All you've got to do is connect the dots. Of course, I could always be wrong, but it does seem likely."

9 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"As an ADHD kid, my brain goes through topics fast. Plus, it kind of makes sense. Especially with the situation. I mean, we know through secret history that shards can see slightly into the future. Shadows of Self and Bands of Mourning haven't happened yet. We also know that Brandon shares lots of information with us, or rather lots of insights into the cosmere. We know that there is a Shard that wants to hide, and that is supposed to be really smart. Could it be that the shard has a lot of insight?" She grinned "See? All you've got to do is connect the dots. Of course, I could always be wrong, but it does seem likely."

"Eh... I can see that as possibility, but It seems more likely that this is either quantum chance or some other entity. Or who knows, maybe it is some extremely lucid dream."

5 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Eh... I can see that as possibility, but It seems more likely that this is either quantum chance or some other entity. Or who knows, maybe it is some extremely lucid dream."

I need to see how Dannex's character reacts. :P

She shrugged. "Mostly, I think I may be right because I remember this one part in the last book that started talking about how because eyes are the gateways of the soul, that was how the talents worked. It reminds me of the spiritual realm, and that is supposed to be how most investure works."

6 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She shrugged. "Mostly, I think I may be right because I remember this one part in the last book that started talking about how because eyes are the gateways of the soul, that was how the talents worked. It reminds me of the spiritual realm, and that is supposed to be how most investure works."

"You're forgetting about Rithmatist. That was a Cosmere novel before getting booted out."

Edited by AmazingGoob

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"You're forgetting about Rithmatist. That was a Cosmere novel before getting booted out."

"Yes, but the earth isn't a bunch of tiny islands." she grinned "And I think that there may be a world like that in the cosmere."

Edited by Random Bystander

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"Yes, but the earth isn't a bunch of tiny islands." she grinned "And I think that there may be a world like that in the cosmere."

"What? I mean, if Rithmatist isn't a Cosmere novel, there's no way Alcatraz is." I frown. "Was that a logical fallacy? It sounds like one."

"What? I mean, if Rithmatist isn't a Cosmere novel, there's no way Alcatraz is." I frown. "Was that a logical fallacy? It sounds like one."

She snorted. "Brandon would still want his books to sell, right? Well, he might have originally had it based of off some other cosmere world, and then made that world seem more like Earth."

Just now, Random Bystander said:

She snorted. "Brandon would still want his books to sell, right? Well, he might have originally had it based of off some other cosmere world, and then made that world seem more like Earth."

"Well, what planet did you have in mind? Actually, wait, if Brandon is Insight, why would he care about sales? Wouldn't his intent force him to tell the truth?"

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"Well, what planet did you have in mind? Actually, wait, if Brandon is Insight, why would he care about sales? Wouldn't his intent force him to tell the truth?"

"Because he wants people to read the books. If his books don't sell, no one would get the insights."

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

"Because he wants people to read the books. If his books don't sell, no one would get the insights."

"But... Dang, now I want to look up the definition of insight! I don't know. This seems like it needs a lot of specific things to happen to work. Anyway, this isn't important at the moment. We need clothes, remember?"

"But... Dang, now I want to look up the definition of insight! I don't know. This seems like it needs a lot of specific things to happen to work. Anyway, this isn't important at the moment. We need clothes, remember?"

"A deep understanding of a person or thing" -Google :P I may or may not have a list of fake cosmere stuff I created specifically for this RP...

"Oh yeah. Sorry, I'm easily distracted." She said sheepishly

4 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"It's probably some cosmic prank by an ASB or something. Oh, and yeah, I've read Alcatraz. I doubt that that's what earth is- Alcatraz isn't a shardworld, at least according to Brandon. Maybe Earth is just... a world. No shards attached."

“ASB? I personally have not read Alcatraz, but I doubt it’s apart of the Cosmere.”

4 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Yes, but what if Brandon lied! Scadrial is supposed to be fake, too. I think that brandon might be a) that unnamed shard people call wisdom or prudence, but it is actually the shard Insight, or b) a sliver of a shard." 

I look up quickly. “Say what? Insight?”

So are we actually gonna have Alcatraz and Rithmatist in this Universe or not? My vote is not. They aren’t in the actual Cosmere, and this is “Journey to the Cosmere” not “Journey to the Alleyverse”. But that’s just my vote.

Edited by Dannex

5 minutes ago, Dannex said:

“ASB? I personally have not read Alcatraz, but I doubt it’s apart of the Cosmere.”

I kinda made the Earth a magic system... You'll see it if we ever get back to Earth.

"Yeah. It's a personal theory of mine." She looked up, excited that she got a reaction that seemed positive. "I think Brandon is the shard of Insight."

11 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

Lilliana watched him leave. "Uh... I think we should probably leave now." She turned to Wax, and grinned. "Don't trust your butler. He will spontaneously combust. We'll probably come back if we remember anything else that could help you, but that's all for now." She grabbed her bag off of the floor. "Whelp, Bye!" She walked towards the door. 

Gracie followed her quietly, then stood with them as she listened to the question.

3 hours ago, Dannex said:

"An ASB is an alternate history term that handwaves something unrealistic or magic happening- and I agree."

18 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Yeah. It's a personal theory of mine." She looked up, excited that she got a reaction that seemed positive. "I think Brandon is the shard of Insight."

“That’s....huh. Interesting.” What does this mean? If she’s correct, what did that note mean? And how does she know all of that? Just a guess? If that’s the case, what are the odds she landed on the exact word “insight”? I feel like she knows more than she’s letting on.

“Well, right now let’s focus on just finding some clothes, c’mon.” I start walking down the street.

Just now, Dannex said:

“That’s....huh. Interesting.” What does this mean? If she’s correct, what did that note mean? And how does she know all of that? Just a guess? If that’s the case, what are the odds she landed on the exact word “insight”? I feel like she knows more than she’s letting on.

“Well, right now let’s focus on just finding some clothes, c’mon.” I start walking down the street.

The Insight thing is a theory I've had for a while... for her it would be a guess.

Anyway, I'm adding you all to a PM where I can tell you guys about all of the Earth stuff. That way, we can include hints of it in the RP

"Okay." She followed, fidgeting with a rubix cube from her bag.

Just now, Dannex said:

“A rubix cube?” I ask as we walk, “What else do you have in there?”

"A water bottle, a compass, my books, the bag of coins, 10 granola bars, a hoodie, a notebook, and a pencil. I had this, because I always have something to fidget with on me."

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"A water bottle, a compass, my books, the bag of coins, 10 granola bars, a hoodie, a notebook, and a pencil. I had this, because I always have something to fidget with on me."

I nod. “We should make a list of all our resources.” I start checking my pockets. “Let’s see, I have my phone, my wallet, a pen, and my keys.” I do a double take. “Wait, my keys? But I was in my car...my keys should be in the ignition!”

dun dun duuuuuuuun

3 minutes ago, Dannex said:

I nod. “We should make a list of all our resources.” I start checking my pockets. “Let’s see, I have my phone, my wallet, a pen, and my keys.” I do a double take. “Wait, my keys? But I was in my car...my keys should be in the ignition!”

She looked at him blankly for a minute. "We're on Scadrial, and you're worried about why you have your car keys?"

4 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She looked at him blankly for a minute. "We're on Scadrial, and you're worried about why you have your car keys?"

I shake my head. “You’re right, you’re right. Still, it’s a bit...unnerving.” I spot someone walking up ahead. “Brb.” I run up to them.
“Excuse me! Do you know where the nearest clothes shop is?”
The man points down the street. “Turn left there, first shop on the right.”
”Alright, thank you.”
I run back to the group. “Apparently there’s a shop right up there.”

1 minute ago, Dannex said:

I shake my head. “You’re right, you’re right. Still, it’s a bit...unnerving.” I spot someone walking up ahead. “Brb.” I run up to them.
“Excuse me! Do you know where the nearest clothes shop is?”
The man points down the street. “Turn left there, first shop on the right.”
”Alright, thank you.”
I run back to the group. “Apparently there’s a shop right up there.”

"Nice!" She grinned, and ran over to the store. "Huh. It looks like they sell multiple types of clothing." She noticed a section with roughs-style clothing, and sighed with relief. "I was worried that I was going to have to wear a dress all the time." She entered the store.

Do you want to play the shop owner again, or do you want me to play the shop owner?

You have all the money, so I guess I’ll do it. Otherwise you’d just be talking with yourself the whole time :P.

A young man with the biggest handlebar mustache you’ve ever seen is standing behind the counter. “What can I do for you?”