Just now, Dannex said:

As I'm walking back inside, I notice the same slip of paper from the metallurgist lying on the ground. I had dropped it in my excitement. I find that it had flipped over to reveal a message on the other side. "Also, Danny, do me a favor and say hi to Insight for me. It's been quite a while since..." Unfortunately my sudden desire to make a sidewalk pizza had left the rest of the message unreadable.  

I stare at it, confused. Did I ever give him my name? I don't think I did....and what is Insight?

YES! YES! AWESOME PLOT TWIST! YES! 

Lilliana walked out of the mansion happily. "So, Is there anything any of you want to do now? The next thing I want to do is meet Hoid."

Wait. Is the metallurgist... HOID!?!?!?!? 

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

YES! YES! AWESOME PLOT TWIST! YES! 

:P

1 minute ago, Random Bystander said:

Wait. Is the metallurgist... HOID!?!?!?!? 

Nope sorry. I'm not quite sure who he is actually, still kinda working on that, but not Hoid. Hoid wouldn't know my name. 

13 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Lilliana noticed the puddle of puke on the ground, and grinned. "So, did the grass irritate you?"

"Oh absolutely. Called my mom ugly. Just couldn't let that slide. Don't worry, it got what it deserved." I clear my throat. "Ugh, I need some water." I notice Wax's butler shutting the door behind Lilliana. "Hey you! Make yourself useful and get me some water. Oh, also I barfed on your grass, so you might wanna clean that up." I smirk as he walks away and turn to Lilliana. "That's the evil butler right? I don't wanna be accidentally rude to a non-evil butler."

5 minutes ago, Dannex said:

"Oh absolutely. Called my mom ugly. Just couldn't let that slide. Don't worry, it got what it deserved." I clear my throat. "Ugh, I need some water." I notice Wax's butler shutting the door behind Lilliana. "Hey you! Make yourself useful and get me some water. Oh, also I barfed on your grass, so you might wanna clean that up." I smirk as he walks away and turn to Lilliana. "That's the evil butler right? I don't wanna be accidentally rude to a non-evil butler."

Lilliana was snickering. "Well, we might as well make things hard for... What's his name again? Whatever. Let's just call him the tea guy." She grinned. "And yes. Evil butler. I really want to punch him in the face, but I don't want to get arrested." She started to chuckle. "I imagine the constables asking why I punched him, and then replying, 'Oh, well he's working for an evil organization called the Set. So I punched him' And them just looking at me blankly."

25 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Lilliana was snickering. "Well, we might as well make things hard for... What's his name again? Whatever. Let's just call him the tea guy." She grinned. "And yes. Evil butler. I really want to punch him in the face, but I don't want to get arrested." She started to chuckle. "I imagine the constables asking why I punched him, and then replying, 'Oh, well he's working for an evil organization called the Set. So I punched him' And them just looking at me blankly."

I chuckle, “yeah, maybe no punching for now.” I look back at the door. “I don’t think he’s coming back with my water. Let’s go inside.”

Just now, Dannex said:

I chuckle, “yeah, maybe no punching for now.” I look back at the door. “I don’t think he’s coming back with my water. Let’s go inside.”

"What? I thought we were leaving. We can come back after the Vanishers attack, and they can see we are trustworthy!"

21 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"What? I thought we were leaving. We can come back after the Vanishers attack, and they can see we are trustworthy!"

"but I'm thirrrrssssty...Fine, we can leave. If this is right after the meeting with Steris, how long do we have until the Vansiher attack? And which attack is next? Is is when Steris is kidnapped?"

When I get home I'm actually gonna reread Alloy of Law =P

Edit: I looked it up, apparently Tor has excerpts from AoL on their website. The wedding is tomorrow evening, so that's not too bad. I was worried it would be like a week or something and we'd have to do all sorts of stuff to make it work. here's the link to the chapter if anyone's interested.

Edited by Dannex

25 minutes ago, Dannex said:

"but I'm thirrrrssssty...Fine, we can leave. If this is right after the meeting with Steris, how long do we have until the Vansiher attack? And which attack is next? Is is when Steris is kidnapped?"

"You can drink the water first. And the wedding dinner thing is tomorrow if I remember correctly." She shrugged. "I dunno. I re-read all of the mistborn stuff after I read Rhythm of War. That was about a month ago, so the details are kinda fuzzy."

35 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"You can drink the water first. And the wedding dinner thing is tomorrow if I remember correctly." She shrugged. "I dunno. I re-read all of the mistborn stuff after I read Rhythm of War. That was about a month ago, so the details are kinda fuzzy."

"It's been even longer since I've read any mistborn. Anyway, another question about brass: Do my clothes get immunity to my heat as well? Or will they catch fire after a certain point. Hmm... Is there a public library in Elendel? Have those been invented yet?"

Just now, AmazingGoob said:

"It's been even longer since I've read any mistborn. Anyway, another question about brass: Do my clothes get immunity to my heat as well? Or will they catch fire after a certain point. Hmm... Is there a public library in Elendel? Have those been invented yet?"

"I'm guessing it only applies to you, and I don't think there are public libraries." She paused. "Okay peoples, I think the next thing we should do is get ourselves some clothing. We stand out. A lot."

8 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

"I'm guessing it only applies to you, and I don't think there are public libraries." She paused. "Okay peoples, I think the next thing we should do is get ourselves some clothing. We stand out. A lot."

"Man, I'm going to miss Google... Uh, how much money do we have?"

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She shrugged. "A lot? I think? Maybe?"

"Very helpful. I'm sure the shops have signs that say, 'costs a little amount of money' or... Nevermind. Joke went too far." Oh, great. At least I know that habit transfered over.

59 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

“Yay water.” I walk inside, leaving them to talk. I didn’t tell them the real reason I wanted to come back inside. After a small amount of looking, I found a bag of steel dust. I found the kitchen, got a glass of water, poured some steel dust in, and choked it down. I felt the comfortable reserve of power inside me, much larger than before. I still can’t believe this is actually happening. I pocketed the bag and walked back outside.

“Ok, yes, clothes, let’s get some.”

12 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Very helpful. I'm sure the shops have signs that say, 'costs a little amount of money' or... Nevermind. Joke went too far." Oh, great. At least I know that habit transfered over.

She grinned. "Well, you know what they say. Or rather, what Alcatraz says. 'That is the sad, sorry, terrible thing about sarcasm. It's really funny.' Have you read the Alcatraz books? Because I now think that the stuff in those books may have actually happened. I mean, we are on Scadrial. Who knows. Maybe our world is a shardworld, and the magic system is oculatory lenses and silimatic tech." 

6 minutes ago, Dannex said:

“Yay water.” I walk inside, leaving them to talk. I didn’t tell them the real reason I wanted to come back inside. After a small amount of looking, I found a bag of steel dust. I found the kitchen, got a glass of water, poured some steel dust in, and choked it down. I felt the comfortable reserve of power inside me, much larger than before. I still can’t believe this is actually happening. I pocketed the bag and walked back outside.

“Ok, yes, clothes, let’s get some.”

Nothing to see here people. Move along. Why are you still reading this. Why... No. Just... stop reading. No. Stop. Don't make me make you stop. Fine. I'll make you stop.

Edited by Random Bystander

2 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She grinned. "Well, you know what they say. Or rather, what Alcatraz says. 'That is the sad, sorry, terrible thing about sarcasm. It's really funny.' Have you read the Alcatraz books? Because I now think that the stuff in those books may have actually happened. I mean, we are on Scadrial. Who knows. Maybe our world is a shardworld, and the magic system is oculatory lenses and silimatic tech." 

"Yeah." She paused. "Are you... burning a metal?" She grinned. "Awesome! What is it?"

Shhhhhh no I wasn’t. Just had the reserves. Saving that for later. :P

Idea: We’re gonna have to do some time skipping eventually, but I don’t want to literally just time-skip, so we should have someone be a Cadmium misting. In-world time skipping. One of our Feruchemic People can be the exception and be a twinborn. And then we just have them only use cadmium for time skipping so it’s still balanced. 

15 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

“Hmm maybe. I’m still not entirely convinced this isn’t a dream. But if it isn’t, that would make some sense. I doubt Alcatraz is real though. Same with Rithmatist.”
I pause. “Have any of you realized how lucky it is that we’re all Sanderfans? What are the odds?”

Just now, Dannex said:

“Hmm maybe. I’m still not entirely convinced this isn’t a dream. But if it isn’t, that would make some sense. I doubt Alcatraz is real though. Same with Rithmatist.”
I pause. “Have any of you realized how lucky it is that we’re all Sanderfans? What are the odds?”

She paused. "Yeah. That is kind of weird."

13 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

She paused. "Yeah. That is kind of weird."

"It's probably some cosmic prank by an ASB or something. Oh, and yeah, I've read Alcatraz. I doubt that that's what earth is- Alcatraz isn't a shardworld, at least according to Brandon. Maybe Earth is just... a world. No shards attached."

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"It's probably some cosmic prank by an ASB or something. Oh, and yeah, I've read Alcatraz. I doubt that that's what earth is- Alcatraz isn't a shardworld, at least according to Brandon. Maybe Earth is just... a world. No shards attached."

"Yes, but what if Brandon lied! Scadrial is supposed to be fake, too. I think that brandon might be a) that unnamed shard people call wisdom or prudence, but it is actually the shard Insight, or b) a sliver of a shard." 

MWAHAHAHAHA

2 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Yes, but what if Brandon lied! Scadrial is supposed to be fake, too. I think that brandon might be a) that unnamed shard people call wisdom or prudence, but it is actually the shard Insight, or b) a sliver of a shard." 

"Wow, that was certainly a jump of logic. Why do you think that? It seems... Convoluted."