47 minutes ago, AmazingGoob said:

"So... Should we try to find them?"

She shrugged. "Either that, or we should find a hotel room. Or whatever the equivalent to a hotel room is here. They probably don't call them hotel rooms..." she paused. "Sorry. I get off topic really easily."

So, I'm going to join my second RP! I wish to thank @Enter a username for letting me know this exists.

Name: Hoblim Gross. Weird, but I'll live with that.

Appearance: a short boy, around twenty years old. Short brown hair. Always wears a coat, carries a small bag with him.

Abilities: fine memory, but only if he tries. Interested in books, numbers and riddles, though not very good at solving them. Not very athletic.

Background: Hoblim is an Israeli Jew (well, I do play myself), and a religious one, to top that. Never left his country, though he speaks English well. He might have a weird, overdone accent. Normal life stuff, a fantasy nerd who got to Sanderson only about three years ago. Enjoys talking about random things that interest him. Signed to the Shard as Trutharchivist.

Investiture: an Archivist. Though it should be clear from my shard name, it wasn't that easy to decide.

Well, I had the personality in the background, at least partly. Can I join? And I'd like to be added to the PM, I'm really curious about Earth's Investiture. Maybe we can start off having abilities from there?

25 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Yes! We'd love to have you!

Also, we have the investure, but because of the importance intention plays, none of us will be able to use it until we get back to earth and learn of its existence. 

Great!

Hoblim walked through the streets. Right, there technically was quarantine right now, because COVID, but you could still get out, so long as you had a mask and didn't go too far from home. Then, all the sudden, the sidewalk disappeared bellow him and he fell down, down, down...

He woke up laying on his... Bag, apparently. It was on his back when he fell. He looked around him.

It seemed like he landed on a grassy area. He turned around and...

All right, he thought. I must be dreaming, mustn't I? Because otherwise, why would I see a statue of a woman wearing what suspiciously resembles all the drawings of mistcloaks I ever saw?

He shook his head, lifting a hand to rub it. It made no sense, unless...

A wild grin covered his face. Finally! He thought. He then proceeded to think of his next step.

Well, he needed money. And new clothes, apparently, since it seemed that people here wore different clothes. And, he recalled, he might have to climb over the language barrier. But he had the steel alphabet table in his bag, so maybe he could do something. He opened his bag and pulled out a nylon case with a lot of A4 pages inside, then searched through it until he found...

His eyes widened with shock when he saw he could immediately understand the steel alphabet.

"Well," he mumbled. "That crosses one problem off of the list." He stood there in thought.

So, it might be a bad idea, but I left him in the Field of Rebirth. Will anyone go there in the near future? I need to think before I post next. I mean, he basically starts with no reserves at all.

Oh, and I anticipated passing to another world for some time now. That's why Hoblim takes it with such ease. Though he'll probably panic after a while.

Edited by Trutharchivist

1 hour ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim walked through the streets. Right, there technically was quarantine right now, because COVID, but you could still get out, so long as you had a mask and didn't go too far from home. Then, all the sudden, the sidewalk disappeared bellow him and he fell down, down, down...

He woke up laying on his... Bag, apparently. It was on his back when he fell. He looked around him.

All right, he thought. I must be dreaming, mustn't I? Because otherwise, why would I see a statue of a woman wearing what suspiciously resembles all the drawings of mistcloaks I ever saw?

A wild grin covered his face. Finally! He thought. He then proceeded to think of his next step.

Well, he needed money. And new clothes, apparently, since it seemed that people here wore different clothes. And, he recalled, he might have to climb over the language barrier. But he had the steel alphabet table in his bag, so maybe he could do something. He opened his bag and pulled out a nylon case with a lot of A4 pages inside, then searched through it until he found...

His eyes widened with shock when he saw he could immediately understand the steel alphabet.

"Well," he mumbled. "That crosses one problem off of the list." He stood there in thought.

Maybe? I'm not sure. We are currently split into 2 groups. the first is small, and is at the Terris Village. The second group is large, and is talking. 

Wow, this mans just...immediately fine with suddenly being on Scadrial. Barely half a sentence of confusion :P

Took us like 10 pages to get to the “we need new clothes stage” and we spent like 4 pages of that on the “is this even real or is it a dream” stage. He just leaps over all of that in one post. :P

Edited by Dannex

1 minute ago, Dannex said:

Wow, this mans just...immediately fine with suddenly being on Scadrial. Barely half a sentence of confusion :P

Took us like 10 pages to get to the “we need new clothes stage” and we spent like 4 pages on the “is this even real or is it a dream” stage. He just leaps over all of that in one post. :P

Yeah, well, I did have him fall to the Field of Rebirth, where the Ascendant Warrior's statue is a straight giveaway. But also, as I said, I anticipated passing to another world lately, so though I don't really believe it'll ever happen, if it will I will be mentally ready, though not well equipped.

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

If it was anywhere else, I wouldn't have been well equipped either. However, my person fell through a hole while hiking, and happened to have a foil-wrapped sandwich. And a lot of other random stuff. Like a Rubix cube.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:31 AM, Random Bystander said:

She shrugged. "Either that, or we should find a hotel room. Or whatever the equivalent to a hotel room is here. They probably don't call them hotel rooms..." she paused. "Sorry. I get off topic really easily."

"No problem, and yeah, they probably call it an 'inn' or something. Are we going to ask someone then?"

After a few moments in thought, Hoblim realizes that he won't get anywhere without money, and that the only ways he could get money were either street performing - which he wasn't too good at - or begging - which he was even worse at. After thinking for a few more moments, he opens his second, smaller bag, which he placed carefully on the ground, to reveal it has a plastic container inside. He puts the plastic container's lid on the ground before him, and calls: "who wants to hear the glorious story of how the Survivor and the Ascendant Warrior defeated old Silver?"

Hopefully, some of the listeners will give him some money.

Anyone wants to play the public around? 

6 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

After a few moments in thought, Hoblim realizes that he won't get anywhere without money, and that the only ways he could get money were either street performing - which he wasn't too good at - or begging - which he was even worse at. After thinking for a few more moments, he opens his second, smaller bag, which he placed carefully on the ground, to reveal it has a plastic container inside. He puts the plastic container's lid on the ground before him, and calls: "who wants to hear the glorious story of how the Survivor and the Ascendant Warrior defeated old Silver?"

Hopefully, some of the listeners will give him some money.

First, I'll do it. Don't expect a lot from me. My skills lie elsewhere.

Second, I'm probably being an idiot, but who is old Silver? 

Many people ignored the crazily dressed man, but a few curious passerby stopped to listen.

5 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

Many people ignored the crazily dressed man, but a few curious passerby stopped to listen.

I'm pretty sure that's what they call the Lord Ruler. Basically it's supposed to be a description of the Final Empire plot. I'm not sure I want to write it all here, so let's assume Hoblim told the story. Maybe not in the best way, but in an interesting one.

Just now, Trutharchivist said:

Oh. My brain is obviously not working correctly right now.

By the time the story was finished, there was a good sized crowd. Many people applauded, and the crowd collectively left about 25 boxings. There was a lot of chatter from the crowd.

7 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

By the time the story was finished, there was a good sized crowd. Many people applauded, and the crowd collectively left about 25 boxings. There was a lot of chatter from the crowd.

Seeing to the fact this amount of money might not be enough, Hoblim decided to move on to the next story.

"And now, I shall tell you the final story of Harmony, the Hero of Ages!"

They ought to get bored sometime. those are, after all, stories from their mythology. Should I try at least once to write how he tells the story? It could turn out to be more similar to Sigzil's abilities with storytelling, at least when I'm unsure about the details. Otherwise, I think it could be only slightly bellow Hoid's talent.

Oh, and one other thing, this one is supposedly the Well of Ascension and the Hero of Ages combined. I figured it might be better that way.

3 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Seeing to the fact this amount of money might not be enough, Hoblim decided to move on to the next story.

"And now, I shall tell you the final story of Harmony, the Hero of Ages!"

It depends on if you want to or not. 

Also, I really want to add Hoid to the crowd of people now. Would you be fine with that? I think it could be interesting.

A few people left, but the crowd attracted more people.

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

Also, I really want to add Hoid to the crowd of people now. Would you be fine with that? I think it could be interesting.

You may add Hoid, though it's kind of intimidating. Imagine doing something you count yourself good at - say, for example, solving rubik's cube, and then you see an expert watching you doing that. You'd become nervous, and if what you do consists of speech you might falter. But it's fine, because Hoblim probably won't notice Hoid there.

"... And so, the Lord Mistborn and the remains of the Survivor's Crew rebuilt the world, and became known as the Founders, founding the world we all now live in." Hoblim finished the story, and looked hopefully at his plastic lid. If he succeeded at gaining enough money he'd be able to stop. If he gained no more... Well, in that case, there was no reason to keep doing it. If he gained some, but not enough... Well, he could get creative. He thought once of writing a Scadrial Cinderella story, so he could try that. Or maybe Secret History, or the Tale of Alendi.

Edited by Trutharchivist

"... And so, the Lord Mistborn and the remains of the Survivor's Crew rebuilt the world, and became known as the Founders, founding the world we all now live in." Hoblim finished the story, and looked hopefully at his plastic lid. If he succeeded at gaining enough money he'd be able to stop. If he gained no more... Well, in that case, there was no reason to keep doing it. If he gained some, but not enough... Well, he could get creative. He thought once of writing a Scadrial Cinderella story, so he could try that. Or maybe Secret History, or the Tale of Alendi.

There was more applause, and people leave you about 15 boxings. A few people leave, but there is still a fairly large crowd. Hoid noticed the commotion, and decided that, as he had nothing better to do yet, he would see what was going on.

Edited by Random Bystander

3 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

There was more applause, and people leave you about 15 boxings. A few people leave, but there is still a fairly large crowd. Hoid noticed the commotion, and decided that, as he had nothing better to do yet, he would see what was going on.

Hoblim hesitates, then decides Cinderella won't fit here, so he proclaims: "And now, I will tell you my final tale for today, the story of Alendi, who thought he was the hero of ages."

I think I'll try to write this one down - he's going to have to invent half of it. But only when I have more time.

39 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim hesitates, then decides Cinderella won't fit here, so he proclaims: "And now, I will tell you my final tale for today, the story of Alendi, who thought he was the hero of ages."

The crowd listened intently, and Hoid raised an eyebrow.

1 hour ago, Random Bystander said:

The crowd listened intently, and Hoid raised an eyebrow.

Well, I thought of writing the full story, but I'm too hungry to think right now - only Jews would understand (and possibly anyone who ever went through a feast) - and it probably had a bad effect on what I already wrote. So, the story is basically what you can get from the logbook with some collor added to it, and possibly a few additions that Hoid might note as wrong, like how Alendi became the king of Khellenium, How he got to the city on the first place and such things. Oh, and he didn't mention Hoid, who might've been there.

"... Then behind him came the hateful packman, Rashek, and stabbed Alendi in the back, as his uncle, Kwaan, told him to do.

"He went forward and entered the well. He let the water - if that what it was, wholly cover his body... And he was filled with immense power. The power of a god, of Preservation himself. It was his destiny, he thought as he took all the power in, to be their saviour. He was the Hero of Ages. It wasn't this stupid Khelleni but him.

"WHAT IS THIS?! roared a voice in his ears. HOW?! PRESERVATION COULDN'T DO THAT, WOULDN'T DO THAT!

"Rashek ignored the voice, instead letting the power fill him, and with it, the knowledge how to use it. He moved the planet, so the Deepness, the mists, would dissipate. But Ruin, which was, of course, imprisoned in the well, laughed at his every effort, for he always did more damage then good. but he learned. He made the Ashmounts. He changed the plants and the humans to fit this ecological system. He remade he world, keeping it safe from the Deepness and Ruin, for now. But as you all know, Rashek became later the Lord Ruler, a tyrant who ruled the Final Empire with strict hand, oppressing most of the population for a little more than a millennia. He was then, as I told you earlier, defeated by the Ascendant Warrior, who later defeated even Ruin, the power beyond Alendi's quest, and finally brought Harmony to the world."

Hoblim bowed, and, after everyone who willed already put some money in the plastic lid, collected the money and counted it.

Well, he thought, Whether it may be enough or not, that's all I can gain today. Bother.

Edited by Trutharchivist