On 3/1/2021 at 2:56 PM, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim wonders about the larger, but finds no reason to speak up. Lilliana was paying, after all. And he did wanted a whole room for himself. They were actually four, but surely they could arrange private rooms.

"Three rooms then. That'll be [x amount of currency]. I hope you enjoy your stay."

16 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Enter a Username - sorry, couldn't keep track of you either. Maybe you are with Dannex and Taken, searching for interesting stuff? 

Not a surprise, given that I haven't posted on here in weeks... I'll fix that now.

By chance, Adam had ended up with two other people, lost somewhere. He'd started to calm down, though, he was still going slightly insane.

11 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim goes to the second floor, saying: "I'll take room 4."

"Okay. You can share with him. Gracie, you and I should share a room as well. When we find the others, we may have to re-adjust." She opened the door to room 5, and walked in.

7 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

"Okay. You can share with him. Gracie, you and I should share a room as well. When we find the others, we may have to re-adjust." She opened the door to room 5, and walked in.

"Okay." He walks into room four with Hoblim. "Do you want to change first or should I?"

On 5.3.2021 at 5:00 PM, Random Bystander said:

19 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Okay." He walks into room four with Hoblim. "Do you want to change first or should I?"

Hoblim looks confused and a little surprised. "There are more people? I thought... Well, I kinda wanted... Oh, never mind."

He turns to AmazingGoob. "You go first. I need to think a little." He puts his bag on the floor, but then seems to remember something.

"You never told me your real name. I think I told you mine."

9 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim looks confused and a little surprised. "There are more people? I thought... Well, I kinda wanted... Oh, never mind."

He turns to AmazingGoob. "You go first. I need to think a little." He puts his bag on the floor, but then seems to remember something.

"You never told me your real name. I think I told you mine."

"Oh, I'm Daryen. Nice to meet you." He then turns into the bathroom, gets changed and comes back out. "Your turn."

8 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Oh, I'm Daryen. Nice to meet you." He then turns into the bathroom, gets changed and comes back out. "Your turn."

While Daryen changed, Hoblim got a nylon case out of his bag and pulled two A4 pages out of it, and now he sat,  looking at them.

He lifted his eyes from them when Daryen came out. "Oh, thanks." He said, taking his newly bought cheap clothes and rising up. "Would you mind taking a look at these papers?" He asked, while going to the bathroom to change. "Tell me what you understand when I get out."

I'll send you a picture on Discord - these two pages are things I actually have, right now. It's mostly in Hebrew, though.

Edit: I just realised that since I normally wear buttoned shirts, it just might be easier for me to blend in on Scadrial. I'd only need to switch pants, wear a vest and a bowler hat and whoop! I'm Scadrian!

Edited by Trutharchivist

8 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

While Daryen changed, Hoblim got a nylon case out of his bag and pulled two A4 pages out of it, and now he sat,  looking at them.

He lifted his eyes from them when Daryen came out. "Oh, thanks." He said, taking his newly bought cheap clothes and rising up. "Would you mind taking a look at these papers?" He asked, while going to the bathroom to change. "Tell me what you understand when I get out."

I look over the papers aimlessly. "Uh, I'm afraid I don't know Hebrew. Sorry." I shift uncomfortably. "Gah, these jeans are so scratchy. Sigh. I'll never be able to wear sweats again..."

3 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

I look over the papers aimlessly. "Uh, I'm afraid I don't know Hebrew. Sorry." I shift uncomfortably. "Gah, these jeans are so scratchy. Sigh. I'll never be able to wear sweats again..."

Hoblim gets out of the bathroom, completely changed.

"Oh, don't mind that." He says. "It was part of the point. You do understand the steel alphabet characters, right? I find it interesting." He stops to consider. "Though, of course, I knew you would. I still understand the Hebrew characters. Maybe I should try and write something in Hebrew or English, then something in the steel alphabet. I wonder which one I'd actually be able to do."

Edited by Trutharchivist

33 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim gets out of the bathroom, completely changed.

"Oh, don't mind that." He says. "It was part of the point. You do understand the steel alphabet characters, right? I find it interesting." He stops to consider. "Though, if course, I knew you would. I still understand the Hebrew characters. Maybe I should try and write something in Hebrew or English, then something in the steel alphabet. I wonder which one I'd actually be able to do."

You'd be able to do all of it. And someone from Scadrial would be able to read those pages. I mean, Wax was able to read the copy of Arcanum Unbounded that my character had in her backpack.

Lilliana had gone inside the room and gotten changed. "Your turn!"

@Vapor

4 minutes ago, Random Bystander said:

You'd be able to do all of it. And someone from Scadrial would be able to read those pages. I mean, Wax was able to read the copy of Arcanum Unbounded that my character had in her backpack.

You know, that's kind of problematic. I should've thought of that. If that's the case, shouldn't Daryen understand the Hebrew? And if I should be able to write in Hebrew and English, I think that things I write after passing should stay ununderstandable to Scadrians.

BTW, what about the code I have at the corner of the first page? (I kind of assume you looked at it, even though there's no reason to believe you have.) Would people be able to understand things that I've already wrote in that script? My title is written like this.

2 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

He probably should have, but since we don't know a lot about connection, I think it's fine. And yeah. If we write something in a language from Earth here, people shouldn't be able to understand it. And with the code, I don't know. There are very few things that are actually concrete, so just do whatever you want with that I guess.

So, I'm not sure if I should try again to remind people this exists, or assume that it's just the three of us for now. And maybe Enter a Username. I mean, I saw that null wasn't around for a few weeks, but I believe that the Unknown Order is in the Discord server. Dannex seemed to be very active before I came. I'm not sure about Taken. Honorless is yet to introduce his character, so mentioning him is kind of pointless.

Anyway, I'll try to keep going. I really like this RP's idea, so I want to keep playing it.

Hoblim took a new piece of paper from his nylon case. If one looked closely, he could see that most of the papers were old math exercises, written in Hebrew, though only on one side. He got a pencil out of a small pouch that was attached to his belt and started writing a steel alphabet - Hebrew - English table of sounds. "Sorry for my bad handwriting." He told @AmazingGoob while he worked. "Can you check if I miss a letter? It might be nice, to have that when we go back to Earth..." He tried ignoring the great "if" behind it.

I hope the things I bring up he carries with him doesn't seem too convenient - all of those are things I carry with me usually. They won't be too useful if you end up in another world, but they do help. I probably should've said that he'd put the plastic container on a table, if he found one - though he probably just left it on the floor, for now. And I forget to mention many things - seriously, this situation will cause all kinds of reactions. I'm chosing the less practical and more interesting ones, so his phone, for example, might still be in the bathroom. I'm not sure about his wallet, or anything else he has in his pockets.

I really forget to mention a lot of stuff - I carry a lot of things on me, usually.

Edited by Trutharchivist

10 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

Hoblim took a new piece of paper from his nylon case. If one looked closely, he could see that most of the papers were old math exercises, written in Hebrew, though only on one side. He got a pencil out of a small pouch that was attached to his belt and started writing a steel alphabet - Hebrew - English table of sounds. "Sorry for my bad handwriting." He told @AmazingGoob while he worked. "Can you check if I miss a letter? It might be nice, to have that when we go back to Earth..." He tried ignoring the great "if" behind it.

Lilliana walked over. "Gracie decided that she was going to leave the group, and try to find a way home. She's already gone, and I gave her some boxings so she can buy food and stuff." She then turned around, and walked into the room. She pulled the Rubix cube out of her bag, and started fidgeting with it.

On 3/8/2021 at 10:16 AM, Trutharchivist said:

"Uh, sure." I'm silent for a moment. "Ya know, if this is your average book, then even when we do find our way home, we'll probably be like 'oh no I've decided I like here better' or 'oh but they need me here' or something else dumb like that. Course, if this is a Brandon Sanderson book, I doubt he would fall into that trope."

1 minute ago, AmazingGoob said:

"Uh, sure." I'm silent for a moment. "Ya know, if this is your average book, then even when we do find our way home, we'll probably be like 'oh no I've decided I like here better' or 'oh but they need me here' or something else dumb like that. Course, if this is a Brandon Sanderson book, I doubt he would fall into that trope."

"I disagree." Says Hoblim, looking up from his pages. "If this is an average book, we'll end up saying that there's no place like home. I mean, of course I want to go back home, but I dreamt for some time of passing to another dimension. Though, thinking of it, I do see your point."

6 hours ago, AmazingGoob said:

6 hours ago, Trutharchivist said:

"I disagree." Says Hoblim, looking up from his pages. "If this is an average book, we'll end up saying that there's no place like home. I mean, of course I want to go back home, but I dreamt for some time of passing to another dimension. Though, thinking of it, I do see your point."

Lilliana left her room. "Hey! It's night time, and if we are going to try to sneak into the wedding dinner tomorrow, we should probably go to bed." She grinned. "And as a continuation of our previous discussion, for me this is more like Alice in Wonderland, as I literally fell through a hole in the ground."

So first:

Trésor

Female

5”0

Long dark curly hair, fair skin, dark brown eyes with the slightest upward lilt. Looks very Middle Eastern.

Archanist

Trésor works for the Ghostbloods. She is currently studying a potential connection between various forms of Divination and fortune. Specifically, she’s studying Scadrian Tarot.

Her alter ego is Treasure from Earth. They are not exactly the same person, but are aware of one another and share memories. Treasure is an Orthodox Jew; Trésor is a Terriswoman. 

Because I’m going to be playing him (that’s why Random summoned me, lol):

Kelsier

Male

6”0 (about)

??? Physically somewhere in his thirties

Mist blond, wavy hair worn long and held back in a loose tie. One brilliant hazel eye, usually hidden behind dark glasses (because a one-eyed man stands out more than a blind one). Hawkish features. Layers of scars covering his arms and hands, usually hidden by gloves. One spike through his right eye. He wears a bronze earring in his ear occasionally.

Fullborn (presumably) He’s also an awakener, has a Seon named Ene, and has an Aviar... somewhere. Carries around a tamukek that he basically uses like a cellphone, because why not?

You know his history; I’m not repeating it.

Trésor leaned against the banister rail, watching the children talk. “So,” she called, “you are from Earth?”

In Lilliana’s room:

Kelsier threw up a speed bubble around himself, then pulled Warbreaker out of Lilliana’s bag, then settled down to read.

I told you he was going to want to read those books...

17 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Trésor leaned against the banister rail, watching the children talk. “So,” she called, “you are from Earth?”

In Lilliana’s room:

Kelsier threw up a speed bubble around himself, then pulled Warbreaker out of Lilliana’s bag, then settled down to read.

I'm pretty sure they aren't all teens.

"Uh..." How do I lie convincingly... "No." She said slowly. "I'm not." Bravo Lilliana. That was a horrible lie. There goes your career as a Lightweaver. Oh well. "I'm going to bed now. Bye." She walked to her room backwards. She was still staring at the lady.

Edited by Random Bystander