Scadrian vs. Rosharan magic post RoW

NameIess

3 minutes ago, BenduLuke said:

I didn't say his spren was a blade at the time, but it could be presumed that what affects a Spren affects the blade made up of that Spren.

Not really. A Shardblade can cut a spren when it is not a Shardblade, but a Shardblade blocks a Shardblade.

2 minutes ago, Master Silver said:

But the spren was in her spren form. From my reading on RoW it would take something as heavily invested as Nightblood to kill a Radiant spren in blade form. Radiant Spren seem to be more invested than shardplate which is why they can crack and break shardplate. But even then, that doesn't kill the spren that forms the plate. only disrupts them, making it so they need stormlight to reform. The hardness of a radiant/shard blade, makes it unlikely that a blade with a anti-light in a gemstone would do the trick. You would have to either make the anti-light into a solid state or return the Radiant spren into their gaseous/light state 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Unnamable said:

Not really. A Shardblade can cut a spren when it is not a Shardblade, but a Shardblade blocks a Shardblade.

I am not sure I was clear. An Anti-Stormlight weapon touching a being such as a Spren made up of stormlight would seem to act like matter touching anti-matter regardless what form the Spren was in. The only thing that could save the Spren is if they had more Stormlight than the Weapon had Anti-Stormlight and even then it would cause sever damage. Also it doesn't turn them into dead eyes they simply cease to exist.

I would like to point out some of the absolutely insane advantages TLR has.

His emotional Allomancy is strong enough to affect thousands of people simultaneously with a general Soothing, who knows how strong it really is if he tries.

Brandon has said that he has training as a warrior

A thousand years of experience in his own right. And unlike the Heralds, he didn't spend centuries at a time of it trapped and tortured. Though he probably didn't do much personally in the latter half of that millennia

Wax with the Bands, was able to casually, accidentally even, Push a boulder off of him by the trace minerals in it and then proceeded to blow a hole out of a stone wall. TLR almost certainly can Push/Pull on a Blade.

I've already brought up the insane advantage of F-Steel.

Sazed was able to with Iron and Pewter hold a fortification against an army of monsters with superhuman strength.

Wax was able to think of just about every possibility of a situation in the space between saying one word and the next.

Gold Feruchemy on at least the level of Miles

Superhuman senses, capable of hearing a persons heartbeat from across the room for example

Atium, and he might even keep Duralumin and Electrum on him too

And there are others but this is getting kind of long. I personally think that the concept of anyone beating TLR without superb trickery or outside help is far far less likely than a Mistborn beating a 4th Ideal Radiant.

29 minutes ago, BenduLuke said:

You do know that the right anti-light kills spren even those that become shardblades?

You misunderstand. Unless a radinat summons the blade most spren are invisible in the physical realm.  They are also small and fast.  Good luck hitting them.

3 minutes ago, BenduLuke said:

I am not sure I was clear. An Anti-Stormlight weapon touching a being such as a Spren made up of stormlight would seem to act like matter touching anti-matter regardless what form the Spren was in. The only thing that could save the Spren is if they had more Stormlight than the Weapon had Anti-Stormlight and even then it would cause sever damage. Also it doesn't turn them into dead eyes they simply cease to exist.

I don't think that it would, because the weapons are not made of anti-stormlight. They are made of metal, and they only put anti-stormlight into the spren when they are able to pierce the spren. If you managed to make a Shardblade out of anti-ínvestiture, it would likely cause an explosion whenever it touched another Shardblade, with a similar result to Nightblood versus Ishar's Honorblade, only with both Shardblades being damaged.

2 minutes ago, BenduLuke said:

It doesn't work perfectly like how anti-matter and mater would work. He even stated such on yesterday's stream. While I see your thought process, internal consistency is most important and we have seen nothing to support this yet.

5 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

I would like to point out some of the absolutely insane advantages TLR has.

His emotional Allomancy is strong enough to affect thousands of people simultaneously with a general Soothing, who knows how strong it really is if he tries.

Brandon has said that he has training as a warrior

A thousand years of experience in his own right. And unlike the Heralds, he didn't spend centuries at a time of it trapped and tortured. Though he probably didn't do much personally in the latter half of that millennia

Wax with the Bands, was able to casually, accidentally even, Push a boulder off of him by the trace minerals in it and then proceeded to blow a hole out of a stone wall. TLR almost certainly can Push/Pull on a Blade.

I've already brought up the insane advantage of F-Steel.

Sazed was able to with Iron and Pewter hold a fortification against an army of monsters with superhuman strength.

Wax was able to think of just about every possibility of a situation in the space between saying one word and the next.

Gold Feruchemy on at least the level of Miles

Superhuman senses, capable of hearing a persons heartbeat from across the room for example

Atium, and he might even keep Duralumin and Electrum on him too

And there are others but this is getting kind of long. I personally think that the concept of anyone beating TLR without superb trickery or outside help is far far less likely than a Mistborn beating a 4th Ideal Radiant.

Agreed. TLR is the absolute best. I want a chapter or book where we see him with his full power going all out.

2 minutes ago, Aspiring Writer said:

It doesn't work perfectly like how anti-matter and mater would work. He even stated such on yesterday's stream. While I see your thought process, internal consistency is most important and we have seen nothing to support this yet.

When did he say that?

Just now, Karger said:

You misunderstand. Unless a radinat summons the blade most spren are invisible in the physical realm.  They are also small and fast.  Good luck hitting them.

Yes but a Bronze twin just might be able to detect them through their pulses-rhythms, and they are not always small or fast. Not all of them are invisible either for instance pattern is visible if you know what to look for. In addition because they are generally undetectable they might not anticipate an attack just like Teft's Spren.

1 minute ago, Aspiring Writer said:

Yesterday's Livestream when someone points out that anitlight didn't work perfectly along with science and he said that was intentional as he wants people to see this was magical in origin.

No, that was a thing with the light wavelengths from Stormlight, Voidlight, and Lifelight. Not anti-light.

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

... oh. Has it been put in the arcanum yet so I can confirm and not have to search?

Nope. He was talking about how the light wavelengths were different in some way that would not be possible according to the laws of physics, in order to show that Navani was doing Cosmere science, not earth science.

4 minutes ago, BenduLuke said:

Yes but a Bronze twin just might be able to detect them through their pulses-rhythms, and they are not always small or fast. Not all of them are invisible either for instance pattern is visible if you know what to look for. In addition because they are generally undetectable they might not anticipate an attack just like Teft's Spren.

I expect them to learn quickly.  Bronze detection might get you direction but what if the spren just stays behind the radiant?  One of the cryptics tends to stay under their radiant's clothing.  Hitting them is pretty had.

Nope. He was talking about how the light wavelengths were different in some way that would not be possible according to the laws of physics, in order to show that Navani was doing Cosmere science, not earth science.

In real science you can't use one light wave to cancel another it works more like one soundwave cancels another. Lightwaves don't actually have destructive interference but soundwaves do.

Just now, BenduLuke said:

In real science you can't use one light wave to cancel another it works more like one soundwave cancels another. Lightwaves don't actually have destructive interference but soundwaves do.

Yeah, and Stormlight sends out vibrations, which are what soundwaves are.

2 minutes ago, Karger said:

I expect them to learn quickly.  Bronze detection might get you direction but what if the spren just stays behind the radiant?  One of the cryptics tends to stay under their radiant's clothing.  Hitting them is pretty had.

Then the stormlight in the Radiant is annihilated and the Radiant has perhaps a serious wound that the don't heal from until they breath more stormlight.

Then the stormlight in the Radiant is annihilated and the Radiant has perhaps a serious wound that the don't heal from until they breath more stormlight.

Well, then we have the entire fighting a Radiant in full Shardplate at close range problem.

1 minute ago, BenduLuke said:

What would happen if a Radiant was stabbed with anti-stormlight before the spren is killed? WOuld it permanently kill them like it does the Fused?

1 minute ago, Aspiring Writer said:

What would happen if a Radiant was stabbed with anti-stormlight before the spren is killed? WOuld it permanently kill them like it does the Fused?

Not to mention the fact that this requires to more antilight then light on the field.  We don't even know what happens when antilight enters a radiant.

Not necessarily. It is not beyond reason that you could infuse projectiles and explosives with Anti-Light.

And it is also not beyond reason that you could make an anti-Preservation speaker that causes any Scadrian to have extreme pain if they hear it, worsening depending on their connection to Preservation.

2 minutes ago, Karger said:

Not to mention the fact that this requires to more antilight then light on the field.  We don't even know what happens when antilight enters a radiant.

My guess would be very bad things up to and including total annihilation.

And it is also not beyond reason that you could make an anti-Preservation speaker that causes any Scadrian to have extreme pain if they hear it, worsening depending on their connection to Preservation.

A Bronze twin could probably produce a weapon like that though it would probably be anti-Harmony. Their ability to sense pulses would give them a leg up on creating weapons vs any type of investiture and not just the investiture with sonic components like Rosharan light.

1 hour ago, Aspiring Writer said:

They may be bale to get to those high speeds, but they have far less control than TLR does, who will see everything slowing down, giving him an advantage.

The Stormfather has shown the ability to manipulate time, that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

@BenduLuke

They would need Stormlight to make antilight and a vacuum, and to know how to do it. And even if they could do that they don't have Raysium so antilight weapons are not feasible for Scandrial.