Long Game 71: A Cosmere Odyssey

Straw

Just now, Whysper said:

I agree that it matters much less. But there was that thing about how the Elim Hemas can start to improve the HI after the Village Hemas are gone. Not sure what those improvements are. That's why I'm still hesitant on killing off Villager Hemas.

I think the rules said that the “improvements” were just that the HI can then access the Elim doc, and it can then die to a lynch. Maybe I misunderstood. 
 @Straw?

Just now, Danex said:

I think the rules said that the “improvements” were just that the HI can then access the Elim doc, and it can then die to a lynch. Maybe I misunderstood. 
 @Straw?

Hmmm yeah, I'm a bit confused by it. Here's more to the description.

If every Loyal Crewmember Hemalurgist is dead, the Traitors are able to make some improvements to you. You will then lose your kill immunity and gain access to the Traitor Google Document. You do not count for the purposes of deciding win conditions.

I suppose you could be right that the "improvements" are just flavor text for the switch to losing kill immunity but now gaining access to the Elim doc.

28 minutes ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

erm...

why?

reasoning?

Basically you fit the profile of the remaining Elims. Lack of activity and/or little experience.

Severe lurking since D1. You talk about how you wait until D5 to start contributing, yet even at that point you haven't. You make just enough posts to stay in the game. Asking if there's anything you can do but saying there isn't much.

i never contribute till cycle 5 or so :P

Well...

8 people dead and only one of them is elim

this is not good

what can i contribute?

not much, i am very busy with school

I wont be having internet for a while

i should be here for next cycle though

COUGHCOUGH

12 alive and we have only killed one elim

is this when i start analyzing?

nothing to analyze yet though

And okay, you might say you are busy and couldn't. But then why are you hanging around now and not doing anything? Oh, I suppose to top it off, you just only had time for that statement to say "oh look, I'm such a Villager, I have no idea who the Elims are" :)

6 hours ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

all elims should report to me immediately

send me a complete list of all the elims because we are all friends.

So go tell all those Elim friends of yours to kill me tonight, otherwise I'm coming after you as the next lynch. :)

Edited by Whysper
Added warning

15 minutes ago, Whysper said:

Severe lurking since D1. You talk about how you wait until D5 to start contributing, yet even at that point you haven't. You make just enough posts to stay in the game. Asking if there's anything you can do but saying there isn't much.

This is basically what i do in every game

so that people cant come with this reasoning and say i am an elim

you could use the same reasoning to say i am a villager

17 minutes ago, Whysper said:

And okay, you might say you are busy and couldn't. But then why are you hanging around now and not doing anything? Oh, I suppose to top it off, you just only had time for that statement to say "oh look, I'm such a Villager, I have no idea who the Elims are" :)

im Hanging around

but i am doing something

my assignments

i can check messages from time to time

even focus on one

but i need to do work

18 minutes ago, Whysper said:

oh look, I'm such a Villager, I have no idea who the Elims are

that was a joke

i just saw that message saying 'elims should claim to me' and i laughed because in other (shooooooorter) games we use to joke about that.

and i realize this message sounds like an elim flaunting their weak alibi, but that is just what i do.

3 minutes ago, Lord_Silberfarben said:

This is basically what i do in every game

so that people cant come with this reasoning and say i am an elim

you could use the same reasoning to say i am a villager

So are you saying you should get a free pass every game? By not playing and not helping to find the Elims, you are anti-Village at the very least.

BTW, you seem very concerned suddenly about being one of the next targets in the PoE. Interesting.

Edited by Whysper

7 hours ago, Danex said:

@Straw?

7 hours ago, Whysper said:

Hmmm yeah, I'm a bit confused by it. Here's more to the description.

I suppose you could be right that the "improvements" are just flavor text for the switch to losing kill immunity but now gaining access to the Elim doc.

The rules say that the improvements are being able to die and being able to access the elim doc.

45 minutes ago, Straw said:

The rules say that the improvements are being able to die and being able to access the elim doc.

Hmmm, losing invincibility just to get access to some doc doesn't sound like an improvement to me. Haha. :) But okay, got it. Thanks! :) 

Oh, and Danex, I guess that means you are right that it doesn't matter now if we want to put Condensation in that PoE now.

Edited by Whysper
Comment to Danex about Condensation

I mean, I'd love to be able to talk to my buds all the time in a doc, and dying could definitely help my win condition. Except then I couldn't be with all of you :wub:.

Here, some reads.

6. Condensation: Sus. Two people are tunneling on her, and two people couldn't both be wrong.

8. Elkanah / Burnt: Sus. That inactivity must have been just a mask for a devious core.

9. Mist: The only one I can trust.

10. Araris Valerian: Sus. He's the cook, he must have poisoned me.

11. Lord_Silberfarben: Sus. Titles don't matter on a spaceship, yet he's going by one. 

12. Danex: Sus. Also carrying around poison?

13. Whysper: Sus. Only the elims want to know everything. 

14. Matrim's Dice: The most sus. It's always Mat.

16. Vapor: Sus. She keeps rubbing her hands together and smiling deviously at me.

17. The Windrunner Supreme: Sus. His brother is dead, so he must have done it.

18. Flyingbooks42: Sus. How can books fly? 

20. TJ Shade: Sus. He's apparently been carrying around poison. 

23. Wind: Sus. He's even going by an alias. He's fooled even the GM player list. 

Edit: you may want to update the mention for Wind in the GM player list. It's currently A Windrunner, which will mention him, but his Display Name is Wind now.

Edited by Mist

11 hours ago, Danex said:

Ok, so can we lynch Connie now? Or, ‘tomorrow’ I guess I should say. Connie is my strongest Elim read, and now that we know who the HI is, it no longer matters if we accidentally lynch a village hem. At least, it doesn’t matter more than lynching any other Villager. 

Please don't. If there are 4 elims plus the HI left, that means that... wait, does the HI count for the elim's win condition where they have more or equal numbers?

12 hours ago, Whysper said:

Okay, this is what I have at this point for my reads. We have at least 4 Elims left. I think if we just go with lynching within the 5-person PoE, we should get them. If that's not all of them, then Condensation next. If still not all and we are still somehow alive, then Danex next followed by Araris.

I agree with this part(except for the part where you lynch me)

1 hour ago, Mist said:

I mean, I'd love to be able to talk to my buds all the time in a doc, and dying could definitely help my win condition. Except then I couldn't be with all of you :wub:.

Here, some reads.

6. Condensation: Sus. Two people are tunneling on her, and two people couldn't both be wrong.

16. Vapor: Sus. She keeps rubbing her hands together and smiling deviously at me.

This is obviously a load of nothing, I have definitely not seen Vapor doing that and the elim team is made up of more than two people. Also, what's with the numbering?

Just now, Condensation said:

Please don't. If there are 4 elims plus the HI left, that means that... wait, does the HI count for the elim's win condition where they have more or equal numbers?

I agree with this part(except for the part where you lynch me)

This is obviously a load of nothing, I have definitely not seen Vapor doing that and the elim team is made up of more than two people. Also, what's with the numbering?

I don't count for numbers. I still have a vo-ote though! :music notes:

I asked her to :D. Also, you couldn't tell :P? I decided to practice my Alcatraz Smedry. (Actually, I copied the GM list. Mostly. :ph34r:)

4 minutes ago, Mist said:

I don't count for numbers. I still have a vo-ote though! :music notes:

I asked her to :D. Also, you couldn't tell :P? I decided to practice my Alcatraz Smedry. (Actually, I copied the GM list. Mostly. :ph34r:)

Okay, that means that the elims still have to get 3? 4? villagers before they can win with that, but that's only a couple of cycles if we get villagers out ourselves.

TJ wasn't quite sure what to do now that the Hemalurgic Intelligence had been revealed. He thought that he could maybe continue to keep an eye on it, but it wasn't like it could do much now that everyone knew who it was. At least he still had his fellow Hemalurgists to talk to, and maybe he could use some of his Feruchemy stores to convince people to vote his way occasionally. Unfortunately, while TJ was thinking about all of this, he completely mist the hidden wire at the top of the stairs and took a long fall down them. The last thing he saw was Tria Noche slowly walking away after she made sure that the trap had worked.

TJ Shade has died! He was a Loyal Feruchemist and Hemalurgist.

GM Notes:

-The day will end on November 14th, at 5:00 PM EST.
-The following player is receiving a warning for inactivity: @Wind. If he does not post this cycle, he will be replaced.
-If you need a vote count, just @mention me and I'll give you one ASAP!
-Remember that PMs are closed during the day.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Experience - Shard Loyal Surgebinder

2. Gears - ALASTAIR Loyal Regular

3. Ashbringer - Faleast Traitor Regular

4. Illwei Loyal Regular

5. Elandera Loyal Regular

6. @Condensation - Viola

7. eltruT - turtle Loyal Regular and Hemalurgist

8. Elkanah / @Burnt Spaghetti

9. @Mist - Tria Noche

10. @Araris Valerian - Fade

11. @Lord_Silberfarben - Lord_Silberfarben

12. @Danex

13. @Whysper - Whysper

14. Ventyl - Lafay Etteax Loyal Regular

15. Orlok Tsubodai - Locke Tekiel / Lotus Loyal Regular

16. @Vapor

17. @The Windrunner Supreme - COWS!

18. @Flyingbooks42

19. Devotary of Spontaneity - Orchid Loyal Feruchemist and Hemalurgist

20. TJ Shade Loyal Feruchemist and Hemalurgist

21. Shard of Reading - Reading Loyal Regular

22. Amanuensis - Kon the Bard Loyal Mistborn

23. @Wind - Wind

14 minutes ago, Straw said:

Unfortunately, while TJ was thinking about all of this, he completely mist the hidden wire at the top of the stairs and took a long fall down them.

I would have mist this if it weren't for the tag. It's a bit shady. Wire do people not trip over small spelling errors like that when reading?

Edited by Flyingbooks42

Shoot! Agh. Okay, so the reason TJ and I trusted each other was because he saw eltruT and me claim to each other on the Hemalurgist doc on like the first day. He told me this and I realized that the person watching was not a GM like I had previously thought, it was him and since neither eltruT or I was killed, he was likely pretty trustworthy. 

Okay, so in order from most to least suspicious (excluding myself):

Mist :P
Wind
Silber
Books
Vapor
Burnt
Supreme
Condensation
Whysper
Danex

Vapor is a bit lower on the list because if she is elim, the elims took something of a risk with the lynch last cycle. They could have gambled on TJ using his vote manip, or just been planning to let her go, but it slightly lowers my suspicion on her. Burnt is lower because she was super active in PMs, but Elkana's inactivity still fits pretty well with the elim team profile I've been considering. I'm curious to hear what she has come up with after being in this game for just a day. 

Dang, TJ was Hem? That a plot twist. 

8 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Okay, so in order from most to least suspicious (excluding myself):

Mist :P
Wind
Silber
Books
Vapor
Burnt
Supreme
Condensation
Whysper
Danex

Yay I’m not sus.

Also, I am now fairly suspicious of Burnt, they asked me in PMs what roles I thought the Elims should/would try to get rid of. I said Elantrian and Feruchemist, and then I noted that it was surprising that TJ hadn’t been killed yet, since he had claimed Feruchemist publicly. And now TJ is dead. 

Edited by Danex

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Burnt did about the same thing to me, I didn't reply because duh.

What do you mean duh, I wasn’t sharing any new information. 

also did she really ask you the same thing? It made sense in our conversation, that’s kinda the topic we were on, but I don’t think it would make a ton of sense to ask that out of context. 

This is probably just me continuing to tunnel on Connie, but if I was Elim, I would do what Connie is doing now. Agree with my assessment, thus putting more suspicion onto someone else, then say that the same thing happened in their conversation, although there isn’t anyway to prove that. 

1 minute ago, Danex said:

What do you mean duh, I wasn’t sharing any new information. 

also did she really ask you the same thing? It made sense in our conversation, that’s kinda the topic we were on, but I don’t think it would make a ton of sense to ask that out of context. 

This is probably just me continuing to tunnel on Connie, but if I was Elim, I would do what Connie is doing now. Agree with my assessment, thus putting more suspicion onto someone else, then say that the same thing happened in their conversation, although there isn’t anyway to prove that. 

We chatted about random stuff, then we got onto the topic of pocketing and she said that she doesn't really try to pocket but she does go around PMing everyone and getting bits from everyone. She mentioned one game where she asked who everyone would like to kill and got the final elim that way. So not exactly, but kind of. Then she asked a couple of questions I wasn't okay with answering(about the Hemalurgist doc) and she said it was because she wanted to figure out who the elim Hemalurgist was. Good reasoning though, I don't think I'm very suspicious of her.