The Mishmash Inn (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Back already?" The Breakfast Buffet Guy asks, glancing at her. "I take it you found what it is you were looking for?"

“I found a secret passage,” Mira replied, sliding into the seat opposite him. Hopefully he didn’t mind. “So, I’m guessing this inn has more Secrets than just some hidden tunnels?” 

Just now, The Awakened Salad said:

“I found a secret passage,” Mira replied, sliding into the seat opposite him. Hopefully he didn’t mind. “So, I’m guessing this inn has more Secrets than just some hidden tunnels?” 

"Hundreds--thousands, maybe. We're in a mysterious place." He sips a drink; it looks disgusting, but he seems to enjoy it. "Your room has what we Secret-hunters call a Tier 1 Secret. Most rooms have these; simple secret passageways to other parts of the Inn. They're fun and all, but they don't do much.

"Fortunately, they're not the only kind of Secrets here. After Tier 1, you got Tier 2 Secrets. These ones are harder to find, but if you know what you're looking for, then you start seein' them everywhere. Some Tier 2 Secrets lead to other parts of the Inn that aren't regularly accessible, like the Clock Tower, or some of the Portal rooms. On occasion, they have a treasure hiding in there; those are what most Secret-hunters are after. Plenty of artifacts and treasures to go around in this inn, but you got groups of people--little factions--hoarding them all for themselves.

"Myself? I'm not interested in the treasures; at least, not that much. I find Secrets, and I sell 'em to folks around here. Nice little hobby of mine. So I guess that brings me to my next question." He leans in, the spicy scent of curry on his breath. "You lookin' for the newest juicy Secret?"

This is why I don't normally do this kind of RP's. :/ I can't stay active in them :( 

Phillip... was confused. He seemed to have fallen in a trace the past few days- and had just now woken to hear of passageways and secrets and things he didn't know about. Hmm.

Well, the game store was continually undisturbed. He might as well go to the cafe, at least when it opened. A crepe would be nice.

5 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Phillip... was confused. He seemed to have fallen in a trace the past few days- and had just now woken to hear of passageways and secrets and things he didn't know about. Hmm.

Well, the game store was continually undisturbed. He might as well go to the cafe, at least when it opened. A crepe would be nice.

I just realized you should probably know about the Nerd Game Store Secrets.

Spoiler

Spoilers! No peeking!

Spoiler

I said... NO PEEKING.

Spoiler

Dishonor! Dishonor on your WHOLE FAMILY!! Cricky, write this down....

Spoiler

Dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow!

Spoiler

Secrets of the Nerd Game Store:

If, during any game that requires the roll of a d20, a player rolls 3 Crits in a row, a recorded clap track plays and the player is awarded 8000 MM (because the chances of rolling 3 Crits in a row is 1/8000).

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

James raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps," he mused. "What jobs do you have availablle?"

"Just check the first post!" Tina says, smiling. "We believe in metagaming when it comes to not explaining things."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Just check the first post!" Tina says, smiling. "We believe in metagaming when it comes to not explaining things."

"That's just the thing, though," said James. "There's no wind in here, so Fate can't talk to me directly. I'm... kind of on my own."

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

"That's just the thing, though," said James. "There's no wind in here, so Fate can't talk to me directly. I'm... kind of on my own."

(Level 0) As an Employee, you can either be a Receptionist or a Accountant. You make 2 MM an hour.
(Level 1) As a Valued Employee, you can either be a Lifeguard, Engineer, DJ, Chef, or Deskboi. You make 5 MM an hour.
(Level 2) As a Amazing Employee, can either be a Butler, Portal Operator, Librarian, Master Chef, or Chief Lifeguard (that's not actually all of the roles, but I don't have actual roles for everything yet). You make 7 MM an hour.

16 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hundreds--thousands, maybe. We're in a mysterious place." He sips a drink; it looks disgusting, but he seems to enjoy it. "Your room has what we Secret-hunters call a Tier 1 Secret. Most rooms have these; simple secret passageways to other parts of the Inn. They're fun and all, but they don't do much.

"Fortunately, they're not the only kind of Secrets here. After Tier 1, you got Tier 2 Secrets. These ones are harder to find, but if you know what you're looking for, then you start seein' them everywhere. Some Tier 2 Secrets lead to other parts of the Inn that aren't regularly accessible, like the Clock Tower, or some of the Portal rooms. On occasion, they have a treasure hiding in there; those are what most Secret-hunters are after. Plenty of artifacts and treasures to go around in this inn, but you got groups of people--little factions--hoarding them all for themselves.

"Myself? I'm not interested in the treasures; at least, not that much. I find Secrets, and I sell 'em to folks around here. Nice little hobby of mine. So I guess that brings me to my next question." He leans in, the spicy scent of curry on his breath. "You lookin' for the newest juicy Secret?"

Mira leaned forwards unconsciously as he spoke, absorbing this new information. Hidden parts of the inn? Portal rooms? And factions too? 

At least this inn would never be boring.

She fought the impulse to ask too many questions, worried about seeming too eager. When he finished speaking, she leaned back, as if in thought.

“That would depend,” she said at last. “How much do you charge?” 

7 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Mira leaned forwards unconsciously as he spoke, absorbing this new information. Hidden parts of the inn? Portal rooms? And factions too? 

At least this inn would never be boring.

She fought the impulse to ask too many questions, worried about seeming too eager. When he finished speaking, she leaned back, as if in thought.

“That would depend,” she said at last. “How much do you charge?” 

"Usually, the clients name the price, and I give them a Secret worth about that much. If you want a specific Secret, then I'll name a price, but I doubt you know what Secrets there are."

On 8/24/2020 at 4:48 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Absolutely! Library's on the fourth floor; impossible to miss. Just ask for Mr. Sia; he'll take care of everything."

Jacob transitioned up the steps into the library.

"Hello?" he called out. "I was told to come here."

17 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Usually, the clients name the price, and I give them a Secret worth about that much. If you want a specific Secret, then I'll name a price, but I doubt you know what Secrets there are."

“All right, I’ll put down 20MM. What will that get me?”

Edited by The Awakened Salad

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jacob transitioned up the steps into the library.

"Hello?" he called out. "I was told to come here."

"Well, hello!" An old guy greets you. "Are you a new employee?"

5 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

“All right, I’ll put down 20MM. What will that get me?”

He snorts. "That'll get you the numbers for the combination lock on the broom closet. Spoiler alert: there are brooms in there."

27 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

He snorts. "That'll get you the numbers for the combination lock on the broom closet. Spoiler alert: there are brooms in there."

Mira’s heart sank as she mentally tallied up her MM. She’d only been here for a day! Did he expect her to be rich? Yes, he does, she reprimanded herself. He’s a dealer in Secrets. 

“I think I’ll wait, then,” she said, standing to leave. She’d earn enough MM to pry the darkest secrets out of him. Someday. “Thanks for the offer.”

Edited by The Awakened Salad

5 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Mira’s heart sank as she mentally tallied up her MM. She’d only been here for a day! Did he expect her to be rich? Yes, he does, she reprimanded herself. He’s a dealer in Secrets. 

“I think I’ll wait, then,” she said, standing to leave. She’d earn enough MM to pry the darkest secrets out of him. Someday. “Thanks for the offer.”

"One more free hint: If you want some quick MM, then be on the lookout for Secrets. Some of them have a bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow."

11 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Hello. I’m new here. Can I sign up to be an employee or do I have to be a guest first? And can I randomly find secrets or do I have to be told of them first?

You can be whatever. I've predetermined how to find Secrets in the Inn, so while being told them is probably easier, you can definitely stumble on them by yourself.

2 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Null puts the punch bowl and an assortment of fruit down at the pool party, then questions where the music is

Fadran realizes the problem, then snaps his fingers and summons a radio. It starts playing Take On Me.

14 hours ago, AonEne said:

A Manager quietly refilled buckets of gold at the end of rainbows and shoved Salad down one. I’m sorry I had to say it 

“Not againnnnnnnnn!” Salad’s voice faded as they fell down the rainbow.

I’m imagining that you/this manager has an infinite supply of Salad clones, and whenever they need to refill the gold buckets they push one down for fun :P Or alternatively, I just show up at a scheduled time for the sole purpose of getting shoved down a rainbow.