The Mishmash Inn (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

9 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I'll just give you a little hint, the Secret is in the drawer somewhere.

Thanks! I’m sorry for my terrible problem solving skills

Halfway to the painting, Mira stopped. Something about that drawer wasn’t right. She returned to it and opened it again. Who would need a something this large? 

She placed the flower in the drawer, so she wouldn’t lose it, and began searching for a false bottom.

Edited by The Awakened Salad

26 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Halfway to the painting, Mira stopped. Something about that drawer wasn’t right. She returned to it and opened it again. Who would need a something this large? 

She placed the flower in the drawer, so she wouldn’t lose it, and began searching for a false bottom.

You find a single loose plank.

Ella, still sitting in her librarian chair, glances up at the announcement of the pool party, then mentally shrugs. She'd rather read.

Queen wakes up, hearing something about a pool party. That might be fun, she thinks, but I don't have a swimsuit. Luckily, her fairly recently-discovered powers were able to make her clothing waterproof. She wandered the hotel for a while before stumbling into the pool, to the shock of those already there. Guess I got a little too lost in thought there, she says to herself upon surfacing, spluttering suspiciously while swimming skillfully. 

Don't know why, I really wanted some alliteration there.

13 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Yes! Mira thought, pulling it upwards. 

It spins around, and on the other side, there's a hole in the shape of a flower.

11 hours ago, DramaQueen said:

Ella, still sitting in her librarian chair, glances up at the announcement of the pool party, then mentally shrugs. She'd rather read.

Queen wakes up, hearing something about a pool party. That might be fun, she thinks, but I don't have a swimsuit. Luckily, her fairly recently-discovered powers were able to make her clothing waterproof. She wandered the hotel for a while before stumbling into the pool, to the shock of those already there. Guess I got a little too lost in thought there, she says to herself upon surfacing, spluttering suspiciously while swimming skillfully. 

Yay! Queen's back!

11 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

There was a loud, drawn out, Doppler'ed yell as a man plummeted through the ceiling of the lobby and crashed into the floor below.

"Ow," he said after a brief pause. 

The man pulls himself into a sitting position, rubbing the back of his head and wincing.

"Hey," he calls to the receptionist. "Uh... where am I?"

9 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The man pulls himself into a sitting position, rubbing the back of his head and wincing.

"Hey," he calls to the receptionist. "Uh... where am I?"

"The Mishmash Inn." Tina replies. "Are you alright? Should I call for a medic?"

9 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Is the party started yet?

Uhh... sure. I was kinda giving it a "Green Glass Door Game" thing, but at this point, doing that would be counterintuitive.

"Head on over to the pool for a get-to-know-you potluck and some Fadrancentric mockery as I try and fail to swim!" Fadran says through the speakers.

10 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The Mishmash Inn." Tina replies. "Are you alright? Should I call for a medic?"

"Hmm," said the newcomer. "No, I appear to be fine. Clearly Fate doesn't want me injured." He sighed, standing up and pivoting his head to look around. "Just totally and utterly confused..."

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Hmm," said the newcomer. "No, I appear to be fine. Clearly Fate doesn't want me injured." He sighed, standing up and pivoting his head to look around. "Just totally and utterly confused..."

"Would you like to stay here awhile?" Tina asks. "I can get you a Copper Guest card and a room. We have free meals in the Breakfast Buffet 24/7 every day of the year."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Would you like to stay here awhile?" Tina asks. "I can get you a Copper Guest card and a room. We have free meals in the Breakfast Buffet 24/7 every day of the year."

"Maybe..." said the newcomer. "You don't happen to have a box of matchsticks, do you?"

16 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"There's no wind here," said the newcomer, standing up and looking through his pockets. "Oh! I've forgotten to introduce myself. My name is James."

"Pleasure to meet you, James." Tina says, smiling. "Would you like a room here?"

Edited by Channelknight Fadran
Edited before Condensation could kill me

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I'm... sure I do." She pokes around in her desk and finds some, handing them to James.

"Hmm..." said James, looking critically at the few sticks of wood. "I don't think this'll be enough for a casting. Guess I'll just have to make do with a flip."

He held a matchstick out. "What was the question again...? Oh, right- should I become a guest here? Flame end towards me for yes, away for no."

He tossed the match into the air and let it tumble down onto the table between them. It pointed directly towards Tina.

"Guess that settles that, then," said James apologetically. "Sorry I can't stay- this inn seems fascinating. Anyways, perhaps you could tell-"

The match suddenly burst into flame.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Hmm..." said James, looking critically at the few sticks of wood. "I don't think this'll be enough for a casting. Guess I'll just have to make do with a flip."

He held a matchstick out. "What was the question again...? Oh, right- should I become a guest here? Flame end towards me for yes, away for no."

He tossed the match into the air and let it tumble down onto the table between them. It pointed directly towards Tina.

"Guess that settles that, then," said James apologetically. "Sorry I can't stay- this inn seems fascinating. Anyways, perhaps you could tell-"

The match suddenly burst into flame.

"Hey!" Tina yells, grabbing a nearby water bottle and splashing the contents onto the flame.