The Mishmash Inn (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

“Arson!! Arson!!”

Mordred opens a mini portal, dumping a large amount of pool water on the tiny match that has already been extinguished.

”You’re welcome.” She says, walking off.

*and doing a hair flip; can’t forget the hair flip, also adjusting her sunglasses and spinning some random set of car keys with her finger

Edited by KyL

3 minutes ago, KyL said:

“Arson!! Arson!!”

Mordred opens a mini portal, dumping a large amount of pool water on the tiny match that has already been extinguished.

*and doing a hair flip; can’t forget the hair flip, also adjusting her sunglasses and spinning some random set of car keys with her finger

"Thank you." Tina replies. "Who's car keys are those?"

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Hey!" Tina yells, grabbing a nearby water bottle and splashing the contents onto the flame.

"Huh," said James to himself. "So... I am supposed to stay? But not be a guest?"

1 hour ago, KyL said:

“Arson!! Arson!!”

James let out a yelp as the pool water washed over him and knocked him to the floor. He pulled himself to his feet, sputtering and gasping.

"Well," he said after he'd caught his breath, "at least it wasn't too cold." He removed his glasses and tried to wipe them on his shirt before realizing that his shirt was wet, too. He sighed. This was not exactly turning out to be a great day.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Huh," said James to himself. "So... I am supposed to stay? But not be a guest?"

James let out a yelp as the pool water washed over him and knocked him to the floor. He pulled himself to his feet, sputtering and gasping.

"Well," he said after he'd caught his breath, "at least it wasn't too cold." He removed his glasses and tried to wipe them on his shirt before realizing that his shirt was wet, too. He sighed. This was not exactly turning out to be a great day.

"Are you alright?" Tina asked.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Thank you." Tina replies. "Who's car keys are those?"

I have become Condensation.

I am sorry.

This is the last one.

*"Whose car keys are those?"

Vapor strides out of the Cafe, carrying a platter of hamburgers and watermelon.

Edited by Vapor

10 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Tina hands him a towel.

"Thanks," said James gratefully, drying himself off with it. "Much obliged." He finished quickly and handed the towel back. "Now- is there any way I can stay here without being a guest?"

@Channelknight Fadran

Edited by xinoehp512

7 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

The boards slide out, revealing a secret passage.

Mira peered down into the dark passage. This wasn’t exactly what she’d been expecting. What kind of inn had secret passages connected to its rooms? Ones with Secrets, she thought, mind already racing with possibilities.

A flicker of doubt crossed her mind, but she shoved it down, instead pulling on her boots and grabbing a flashlight from one of her bags. She switched it on, the small beam barely cutting through the darkness, and ventured into the passage. 

So how does time work here? Assuming Null opens the Cafe at the start of every day and everything is happening at the same time, Mira’s been in her room for two days (I think), which doesn’t really make much sense. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

6 hours ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Mira peered down into the dark passage. This wasn’t exactly what she’d been expecting. What kind of inn had secret passages connected to its rooms? Ones with Secrets, she thought, mind already racing with possibilities.

A flicker of doubt crossed her mind, but she shoved it down, instead pulling on her boots and grabbing a flashlight from one of her bags. She switched it on, the small beam barely cutting through the darkness, and ventured into the passage. 

It's much shorter than you expected, and leads out to the side of a small building. The powerful smell of chlorine washes over you, and the sound of splashes tells you that you have arrived at the pool.

52 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

It's much shorter than you expected, and leads out to the side of a small building. The powerful smell of chlorine washes over you, and the sound of splashes tells you that you have arrived at the pool.

Mira winced as the scent of chlorine assailed her senses. Of course the secret passage had led to a pool, of all places. She stuffed her flashlight into her back pocket and stepped onto the pool deck, trying to avoid being splashed. That man from the Café... where was he? 

3 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Mira winced as the scent of chlorine assailed her senses. Of course the secret passage had led to a pool, of all places. She stuffed her flashlight into her back pocket and stepped onto the pool deck, trying to avoid being splashed. That man from the Café... where was he? 

Probably at the Breakfast Buffet, like he always is.

9 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Null. The café owner. Remember that at all?

Nope! But OK.

4 minutes ago, The Awakened Salad said:

Just checking, but is the Café seperate from the Breakfast Buffet? Or are they related?

I... don't know. I think people have confused the Breakfast Buffet as the Cafe. I suppose you can call it whatever.

The following are Edits

4 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

A second passes while James waits for a response.

"I suppose you could be an employee here." Tina replies.

Edited by Channelknight Fadran