The Mishmash Inn (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

16 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Oh. Well I’ll take it for the MM until I get bored. 

Reveal hidden contents

So do I get paid for every hour that passes or every hour that I post here and help out?

I haven't figured out the time system yet. Basically I've just told everybody to decide approximately how long their characters have worked and give themselves an honest MM count, because I trust most people here not to say "I worked a billion trillion hours and now I'm one-third Jeff Bezos rich."

9 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Ok. About how long should I work each day?

Uhh... dunno, don't really care. 8 hours is the default, though.

3 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"I am," responded James. "You would be Mr. Sia?"

"That is me." He replies. "Welcome to the library. Now that you're working here, you should probably learn about the Secrets here."

Spoiler

Warning! Spoilers and Secrets! Only Librarians may view this!

Spoiler

You must control yourself. Don't give in to your temptations!

Spoiler

Turn back while you still have a chance!

Spoiler

The Library

• If a player selects the book “There and Back Again, a Hobbit’s Tale by Bilbo Baggins,” they open a secret floor tile to reveal a meeting of the Order of the Scholar. They can choose to join them now, if they wish.
  • If a player selects the book “Mistborn,” they open a different floor tile, revealing a staircase that leads down to a Cosmere Shop, where you can buy all your Cosmere needs! Like Shardblades, allomantic metals, and soulstone.
  • If a player selects the book “The Great Gatsby,” they find 500 MM.
  • If a player selects an old tome in the back, they find a secret passage that leads to the Library-Pool combo room.

5 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"That is me." He replies. "Welcome to the library. Now that you're working here, you should probably learn about the Secrets here."

Reveal hidden contents

Warning! Spoilers and Secrets! Only Librarians may view this!

Hide contents

You must control yourself. Don't give in to your temptations!

Hide contents

Turn back while you still have a chance!

Hide contents

The Library

• If a player selects the book “There and Back Again, a Hobbit’s Tale by Bilbo Baggins,” they open a secret floor tile to reveal a meeting of the Order of the Scholar. They can choose to join them now, if they wish.
  • If a player selects the book “Mistborn,” they open a different floor tile, revealing a staircase that leads down to a Cosmere Shop, where you can buy all your Cosmere needs! Like Shardblades, allomantic metals, and soulstone.
  • If a player selects the book “The Great Gatsby,” they find 500 MM.
  • If a player selects an old tome in the back, they find a secret passage that leads to the Library-Pool combo room.

"So," said James. "what do you need me to do?"

On 8/22/2020 at 3:54 PM, Negative_Null said:

All right, how about the Alex Rider series, by Anthony Horowitz? It's a well plotted spy thriller about a teenager who has to confront his family's past. There's a new villain every book but they still connect together in really interesting and satisfying ways, and their plots are always interesting and iconic. Some mysteries are solved right away and others persist over the whole series, but the action never stops.

Enter went and searched the library, but went back. “Which book is the first one?”

Mordred has fun watching the empty pool and sauna

She greatly appreciates the lost & found bin, where many glorious treasures have been discovered, including this epic hotwheels car with plastic flames running along the top. Luckily for her, her high lifeguard chair's armrests are the perfect size for this grand find

5 minutes ago, KyL said:

Mordred has fun watching the empty pool and sauna

She greatly appreciates the lost & found bin, where many glorious treasures have been discovered, including this epic hotwheels car with plastic flames running along the top. Luckily for her, her high lifeguard chair's armrests are the perfect size for this grand find

You have just given me the most beautiful image of a full-grown lifeguard making zheuw and whiirrrr noises as they race the hot wheels car over the arm of their chair. I wish I could upvote that eleven times!

On 26/08/2020 at 10:24 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"One more free hint: If you want some quick MM, then be on the lookout for Secrets. Some of them have a bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow."

Mira gave him a nod, then exited the cafe, wondering just how literally she should take the “bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow” thing.

The man had told her to keep an eye out for Secrets, but she had no idea where to start. Absently, she wondered when she would be called to work.

She headed towards the Library. It seemed like a place Secrets would hide. 

1 hour ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Taln had become bored with the library. It had no secrets. And he’d read most of the books already. He walked up to the head librarian. “Hello. Do you have any cosmere books? The Way of Kings for example?” 

Ella intercepted, answering the question for Mr. Sia. "We have every book by Brandon Sanderson, I'd highly recommend the Mistborn Eras 1 and 2 if you haven't read them yet."

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Ella intercepted, answering the question for Mr. Sia. "We have every book by Brandon Sanderson, I'd highly recommend the Mistborn Eras 1 and 2 if you haven't read them yet."

"Indeed! I love those books." Mr. Sia smiles reminiscently. "My favorite line was 'there's always another secret.'"

2 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

“Oh. I could do another Mistborn reread. Do you have Mistborn: The Final Empire?”

"Of course! Didn't I just say that we have every Brandon Sanderson book? It's over there, in adult fantasy, under the S's."

Sorry if S's isn't right, correct me if it's wrong.

@Condensation