The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

49 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

The room is gone in the blink of an eye. It is now a distant peak covered in Ice and snow. A frozen tundra extends as far as the eye can see. Biting winds fly freely. Ice and snow are piled up all around. Voices whisper dirges of spirits long gone by. Night is falling and all warmth flees. Blinding sheets of frost descend rapidly.

James gasps as the cold hits him. He is dressed for the comfortable warmth of a repository of knowledge, not for the unforgiving environment

He tries to struggle to his feet. Partly due to his uncontrollably shivering, and partly because of the ice- and snow-covered rocks, his foot slips out from under him.

He has plenty of time to wonder what purpose this could possibly fulfill as he plummets off the thousand-foot drop to ground below...

---

With a gasp, James woke up, back in the hallway of ancient wealth and silent solemnity. 

Something was different now, however. Lingering in the air was a distinct sense of malevolence. He scrambled to his feet, suddenly motivated to move.

Show me the way, Fate, he thought as he dashed down one of the passageways.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

James gasps as the cold hits him. He is dressed for the comfortable warmth of a repository of knowledge, not for the unforgiving environment

He tries to struggle to his feet. Partly due to his uncontrollably shivering, and partly because of the ice- and snow-covered rocks, his foot slips out from under him.

He has plenty of time to wonder what purpose this could possibly fulfill as he plummets off the thousand-foot drop to ground below...

---

With a gasp, James woke up, back in the hallway of ancient wealth and silent solemnity. 

Something was different now, however. Lingering in the air was a distinct sense of malevolence. He scrambled to his feet, suddenly motivated to move.

Gosh, xino, do you have any characters whose name doesn't start with a J? You have Jeffery, Jaxevist, Jared, James...

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

---

The twisting passageways explode into shadow around James. Everything becomes a void. Then sounds and light as a modern city bursts from the darkness. Bright blinding beams fill the air with light. The deafening sounds of screaming and vehicles tear through the air. Millions mill around going to locations known only to them. A full moon rises up over the metropolis. Silver light is drowned out.

18 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor set her bag down and settled down on a couch, looking around.

Hmm.. Looking around.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Gosh, xino, do you have any characters whose name doesn't start with a J? You have Jeffery, Jaxevist, Jared, James...

There's Abigail, Grace, Brian, Nya, Aridith... to name a few.

Believe it or not, it's actually complete coincidence. :P All of the characters except for Jeffery were created before FotT was a thing.

24 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor set her bag down and settled down on a couch, looking around.

A light breeze wafted through the room, detectable only by the wavering of a plant and a slight, indescribable scent.

Vapor reached out, feeling for Spin. Just in case I run into those hungry things, she thought to herself.

Spin, who had been quietly hovering near Jek, feelt a tug. Without a word, she went  where she had been called.

As Spin appeared as a long, silvery-gray blade in Vapor's hand, Vapor smiled, ready to go explore. It's been a while, Spin thought. Where's Vale? "I have a lot to explain," Vapor replied. (insert explanation here) Wow. "Yeah. Now, let's go explore."

James opens his mouth in shock as the city appears around him. He turns around, but there is nothing but the empty darkness of the road extending into the void of the night sky. 

The sound of coughing nearby causes him to glance around. Standing on the side of the road is an old man that stares at James with an interested expression.
James clears his throat. "Hello," he ventures. "Do you know... where I am?"
The old man chuckles. "An echo of worlds," he rasps. "Layer below layers."
"...oh?" says James. "I... see."
The old man raises an eyebrow. "False," he rasps. "You have no idea, aye?"
James exhaled, rubbing his forehead. "No," he admits. "And I don't suppose you're going to explain?"
The grizzled ancient cackles openly at this. "A smart one, I see? I like smart. But you should be careful." He smiles an overly wide smile. "Smart doesn't always mean wise..."
All of a sudden, there is the flare of blinding headlights. The roaring sound of a car horn. The screeching of brakes applied too late, too late...
---
James ran down the hallway once more, a wooden hall that looked almost as if it had been carved from a living tree.
Please, Fate, he thought, feeling the sense of malevolence and foreboding grow. Show me where I'm supposed to go. Soon.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

James opens his mouth in shock as the city appears around him. He turns around, but there is nothing but the empty darkness of the road extending into the void of the night sky. 

The sound of coughing nearby causes him to glance around. Standing on the side of the road is an old man that stares at James with an interested expression.
James clears his throat. "Hello," he ventures. "Do you know... where I am?"
The old man chuckles. "An echo of worlds," he rasps. "Layer below layers."
"...oh?" says James. "I... see."
The old man raises an eyebrow. "False," he rasps. "You have no idea, aye?"
James exhaled, rubbing his forehead. "No," he admits. "And I don't suppose you're going to explain?"
The grizzled ancient cackles openly at this. "A smart one, I see? I like smart. But you should be careful." He smiles an overly wide smile. "Smart doesn't always mean wise..."
All of a sudden, there is the flare of blinding headlights. The roaring sound of a car horn. The screeching of brakes applied too late, too late...
---
James ran down the hallway once more, a wooden hall that looked almost as if it had been carved from a living tree.
Please, Fate, he thought, feeling the sense of malevolence and foreboding grow. Show me where I'm supposed to go. Soon.

The wood of the hall becomes the waves of the ocean. Storm winds create a hurricane. Violent waves crash. Angry fists consume all. Burning bolts of lightning strike icy waves. Steam flies skyward swirling as a maelstrom. Wall after wall fall crushing all that sits beneath it. Booming cannons of thunder roar. Stinging rain pours from on high. Endless seas rage.

Patch hears whispers around him, coming from everything. He's never heard this much psychic vibration before. He walks to the mantlepiece, which is where a large contingent of it is coming from. If he finds the object and hears its story the vibrations will decrease. He's drawn to... a silver dagger

Idk, tell me something, Nath

Vale pops out of a portal on Scadrial in the middle of Elendel and sets off for the Rusty Vial.

4 hours ago, Frustration said:

I'm working on it, Fadran is willing to help out and I'm working on some deeper connections as we speak.

I think we need to wait a while before connecting them. Right now I’m basically ignoring this thread to focus on that one, I don’t really want to have to follow both in order to make sure I don’t break continuity.
I think we should join them eventually, but right now I think the connections should stay vague, at least for the beginning. Side Tales is brand-spanking-new, give it some time to evolve into its own thing before they are directly connected. 
Like, compared to this thread, ST is infantile. It’s been around for 3 days, and it has 6 pages. This ones existed for 3 months and has hundreds of pages! Joining them too soon would literally dwarf ST out of existence. 
Maybe for right now the connections can stay somewhat character based. Like our characters can know, or know of, each other, but I don’t think they should have much contact, and I definitely don’t think the plots should intertwine. Again, this is just for the beginning, I hope that the plots intertwine eventually, just, at the very beginning, I think side tales should stay on the, well, side

Edited by Danex
Added more wonderfully compelling reasons because I’m a thorough boi.

8 minutes ago, Danex said:

I have no intention of forcing the change, I will move it slowly and mean for them to be connected in a similar way to the Cosmere, you don't need to read both, but that makes the story make more sense: while the main thread has a divine war, the Side tales will see it's affects from the mortal view sort of thing.

6 hours ago, Danex said:

I think we need to wait a while before connecting them. Right now I’m basically ignoring this thread to focus on that one, I don’t really want to have to follow both in order to make sure I don’t break continuity.
I think we should join them eventually, but right now I think the connections should stay vague, at least for the beginning. Side Tales is brand-spanking-new, give it some time to evolve into its own thing before they are directly connected. 
Like, compared to this thread, ST is infantile. It’s been around for 3 days, and it has 6 pages. This ones existed for 3 months and has hundreds of pages! Joining them too soon would literally dwarf ST out of existence. 
Maybe for right now the connections can stay somewhat character based. Like our characters can know, or know of, each other, but I don’t think they should have much contact, and I definitely don’t think the plots should intertwine. Again, this is just for the beginning, I hope that the plots intertwine eventually, just, at the very beginning, I think side tales should stay on the, well, side. 

Like Frustration said, we're working on a way to at least connect the two RPs. We're not quite intertwining the plots yet, though. Basically what we're doing is trying to determine some MacroUniversal effects of doing crazy things like "destroying Mindscapes."

After short intervals of screaming, which were marked by something that sounded quite like a hiccup, but in reality was a gasp of air, Fox's screams turned into intense coughing. Then the coughing subsided after a few moments, and Fox just lay there, eyes glazed over.

The scenes continued to play in the back of Fox's head, but they were not the main event. The main event was a blur of something... blue.... That literally meant nothing to Fox.

Why had she allowed herself to scream? How had it gotten through? Surely she could have stopped it somehow. Next time, she would stop it. Pain meant nothing. It was just a minor setback. Unfortunately for her, in this instance, it would not allow her to move. So maybe it was a bit of a setback. 

@KyL @Channelknight Fadran @DramaQueen 

These are the emotions that I think are now missing from Fox: sadness, dread, anger, fear, regret, hate, and anxiety. (and plus the stuff that Nath had given her, love, warmth, and an amount of emotional strength)

2 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

After short intervals of screaming, which were marked by something that sounded quite like a hiccup, but in reality was a gasp of air, Fox's screams turned into intense coughing. Then the coughing subsided after a few moments, and Fox just lay there, eyes glazed over.

The scenes continued to play in the back of Fox's head, but they were not the main event. The main event was a blur of something... blue.... That literally meant nothing to Fox.

Why had she allowed herself to scream? How had it gotten through? Surely she could have stopped it somehow. Next time, she would stop it. Pain meant nothing. It was just a minor setback. Unfortunately for her, in this instance, it would not allow her to move. So maybe it was a bit of a setback. 

@KyL @Channelknight Fadran @DramaQueen 

Queen let out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding as Fox stopped screaming. However, now she wasn't moving. "I'm not sure what's wrong, and I don't think she can tell me. Maybe if I...I know she probably wouldn't want that, though...but I don't see any other way. I need to go into her mind."

Feeling as though she were about to break in somewhere she knew she shouldn't be, which she probably was, Queen timidly entered Fox's mind.

Fox? If you can communicate with me this way at all, please do. I need to see your mind in order to help you.

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen let out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding as Fox stopped screaming. However, now she wasn't moving. "I'm not sure what's wrong, and I don't think she can tell me. Maybe if I...I know she probably wouldn't want that, though...but I don't see any other way. I need to go into her mind."

Feeling as though she were about to break in somewhere she knew she shouldn't be, which she probably was, Queen timidly entered Fox's mind.

Fox? If you can communicate with me this way at all, please do. I need to see your mind in order to help you.

Just clarifying before I proceed, Queen is able to do this because Fadran taught her how earlier, right? So Fox would probably feel the intruder, and Queen would be able to see Fox's thoughts and feelings? And Fox could maybe contact Queen if she tried really hard?

1 minute ago, Scarletfox said:

Just clarifying before I proceed, Queen is able to do this because Fadran taught her how earlier, right? So Fox would probably feel the intruder, and Queen would be able to see Fox's thoughts and feelings? And Fox could maybe contact Queen if she tried really hard?

Queen can do this for a variety of reasons, Fadran teaching her how kind of being one of them. Every kind of magical telepathy has its own rules, but I'm pretty sure that Fox could tell that Queen was in there, and Queen could see Fox's thoughts and feelings if they weren't guarded. Fox should be able to contact Queen if she tried, probably.

3 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Queen can do this because it is one of her powers that she has discovered. Fadran helped her improve her mental abilities, but she would be able to do it even if he hadn't. Fox can sense her, and communicate if her mental state is strong enough. Queen can feel Fox's emotions if she searches them out or if Fox shows them to her, but right now, she's not trying to sense Fox's emotions.

Thanks! 

12 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

There was someone there. There was someone in her brain again. That might cause some problems. What are you going to do? Fox asked coldly.

Just now, Scarletfox said:

There was someone there. There was someone in her brain again. That might cause some problems. What are you going to do? Fox asked coldly.

I'm going to help you. There's nothing you can do externally, but we can communicate mentally. You can tell me what's wrong. Queen felt tears of relief welling in her eyes. I promise on everything I've ever loved that I won't view anything you don't want to allow me to. I've been on the other side of that intrusion, and it's not very fun.

4 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

I'm going to help you. There's nothing you can do externally, but we can communicate mentally. You can tell me what's wrong. Queen felt tears of relief welling in her eyes. I promise on everything I've ever loved that I won't view anything you don't want to allow me to. I've been on the other side of that intrusion, and it's not very fun.

Fox was quiet for a moment. Ok. she said emotionlessly. She was not sure if she trusted this person enough to believe her, but what could Fox do to stop her anyway? Although I'm not exactly sure what's wrong. Other than that everything hurts. Who are you?

2 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox was quiet for a moment. Ok. she said emotionlessly. She was not sure if she trusted this person enough to believe her, but what could Fox do to stop her anyway? Although I'm not exactly sure what's wrong. Other than that everything hurts. Who are you?

Queen. Do you remember me?

She began pondering what might be wrong. Winter seemed to steal emotions, so perhaps he took everything away, not just the pain. Would she have to do the same thing she had done for Nath? She wasn't sure she wanted that many people knowing her thoughts and feelings.