The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

3 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:
Fox experiences three things. She is living three lives. Fox is being burned. Slowly. Being rotisseried over an atrocious lake of fiery doom. Her hoodie catches on fire, and she feels her skin turning black as it is scorched beyond recognition. At the same time, she is freezing to death. In a tiny ice cave, just big enough to hold her. She is curled up in a ball, completely and utterly alone. There is hard ice above her, beneath her, in her... Her fingers are frosting over. Fox rubs her hand's together, but it causes the brittle ice to shatter. Her hands are gone. And at the same time, she is with her brother and that other redhead. They are dying. Over and over and over and over again. First brother kills the redhead, then she kills him, and then, they both die by Fox's hand. The grief and sadness overwhelms her. Fox watches as these things happen, but they mean nothing to her. All that matters is the pain that it causes.

Fox continued to convulse on the ground, but then she seemed to relax, without relaxing. She stopped shaking, but her body was still taut with tension. 

Fox feels one of the scenes becoming less vivid. It's as if it is fading away... as if it had never happened. It is gone. Then, the other two scenes become darker, as if someone turned out some of the lights, but her torment from them increases. Fox's eyes flutter open for a moment, unfocused, but open. She opens her mouth to take in a deep breath of air, but it turns into a precursor gasp to the scream that immediately leaps from her lips, a free newsletter of agony for all to read.

"FOX!" Fadran yells. "What do I do? What do I do??"

2 hours ago, Vapor said:

Vapor follows Mes, fingering the necklace.

Mita not Mes. Mes is leading Patch to his room. While Mita is Vapor's guide.

Mita strides forward quickly with his back straight and his shoulders squared. He does not slow down nor does he look behind him to make sure that Vapor is following him. A plain doorway in the wall carves itself out of the wall in an instant as he approaches. Several moments after it vanishes. Mita finally stops and turns toward Vapor. "What earned you the honor of visiting my mother's realm?"

2 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"I don't know. I suppose I'm a very powerful mindscaper? I am supposed to help your mother with some sort of war."

Mita leans against one of the walls and takes her in. "Mother chose you as the heir? The gatekeeper and the huntress have an heir. Well I never thought that she would replace them. The gates have fallen and she calls on a mortal. Well things just get more and more interesting. I can always tell when someone is new to immortality. Let me give you a hint. Don't trust strange wine and avoid wars of divinity you'll live longer." He pushes off of the wall and continues down the warmly lit passage whose shadows hide shattered stone and rotted woods.

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

Mita leans against one of the walls and takes her in. "Mother chose you as the heir? The gatekeeper and the huntress have an heir. Well I never thought that she would replace them. The gates have fallen and she calls on a mortal. Well things just get more and more interesting. I can always tell when someone is new to immortality. Let me give you a hint. Don't trust strange wine and avoid wars of divinity you'll live longer." He pushes off of the wall and continues down the warmly lit passage whose shadows hide shattered stone and rotted woods.

Vapor follows him. "Thanks, I guess?"

7 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Jek nodded and grabbed Nath's arms, holding him down.

Herial probed Nath's chest. "I think we stopped him before he did too much damage. Now, do you think we can wake him up?" She pulled a small bottle out of her bag and wafted it under Nath's nose. "Nath? Wake up."

@Nathrangking

Edited by Condensation

24 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor follows him. "Thanks, I guess?"

"You can't afford to be flippant or star struck. Do you know what it is that my mother gave you? Do you know the threat that we all face?" He stops again and turns his voice deathly quiet. "Did you even think to ask her what she intends to do?"

24 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Herial probed Nath's chest. "I think we stopped him before he did too much damage. Now, do you think we can wake him up?" She pulled a small bottle out of her bag and wafted it under Nath's nose. "Nath? Wake up."

@Nathrangking

I wake as a powerful stench hits my nose. My screams of agony continue unabated as I struggle to break the bonds that tie me down.

Edited by Nathrangking

3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I wake as a powerful stench hits my nose. My screams of agony continue unabated as I flail around.

You're pinned by Jek.

Herial ran her hands through her hair. "I don't know what to do! He's in emotional pain, not physical pain, but I think the best thing to do might be for him to sleep." She rubbed the topical pain-reliever on his chest again, then spread another solution over his forehead. "He shouldn't dream any. I hope it works."

41 minutes ago, KyL said:

The angel turned, instantly reacting, behind Jared in a moment--or wait, he wasn't. He was still in front. And he had only turned halfway..

His hands were slow, his wings were heavy, and pain flooded through his mind and body, Fox's pain.

His wings unbalanced him and he fell, crashing onto the melted stone.

"What did you!?"--he cut off, trying to rise, but unable.

Mordred halted her future onslaught, watching the metal angel in wonder, amazed by his... inability to... well, be himself.

@Channelknight Fadran

@DramaQueen

@xinoehp512

@Scarletfox

19 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:
Fox experiences three things. She is living three lives. Fox is being burned. Slowly. Being rotisseried over an atrocious lake of fiery doom. Her hoodie catches on fire, and she feels her skin turning black as it is scorched beyond recognition. At the same time, she is freezing to death. In a tiny ice cave, just big enough to hold her. She is curled up in a ball, completely and utterly alone. There is hard ice above her, beneath her, in her... Her fingers are frosting over. Fox rubs her hand's together, but it causes the brittle ice to shatter. Her hands are gone. And at the same time, she is with her brother and that other redhead. They are dying. Over and over and over and over again. First brother kills the redhead, then she kills him, and then, they both die by Fox's hand. The grief and sadness overwhelms her. Fox watches as these things happen, but they mean nothing to her. All that matters is the pain that it causes.

Fox continued to convulse on the ground, but then she seemed to relax, without relaxing. She stopped shaking, but her body was still taut with tension. 

Fox feels one of the scenes becoming less vivid. It's as if it is fading away... as if it had never happened. It is gone. Then, the other two scenes become darker, as if someone turned out some of the lights, but her torment from them increases. Fox's eyes flutter open for a moment, unfocused, but open. She opens her mouth to take in a deep breath of air, but it turns into a precursor gasp to the scream that immediately leaps from her lips, a free newsletter of agony for all to read.

Queen ignored Winter's pain, screaming at him. "What did you DO to her??" She began doing everything she could think of to help Fox, clinging to her hand, whispering words of comfort, and shooting occasional glares of hatred to Winter.

Just now, Nathrangking said:

"You can't afford to be flippant or star struck. Do you know what it is that my mother gave you? Do you know the threat that we all face?" He stops again and turns his voice deathly quiet. "Did you even think to ask her what she intends to do?"

Vapor straightens up. "Maybe I am surprised. I was just asked to fight in a war with my apparently powerful mindscape powers. I know what this necklace is, and maybe I don't know the exact threat, but I know you need my help. Could you tell me what she intends to do?"

35 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Vapor straightens up. "Maybe I am surprised. I was just asked to fight in a war with my apparently powerful mindscape powers. I know what this necklace is, and maybe I don't know the exact threat, but I know you need my help. Could you tell me what she intends to do?"

Mita stops in place and turns. His face is blank. Every emotion is gone. He seems to collect himself as he takes in a deep breath. When he speaks his voice is gentle as a slight breeze on a warm day. "I have no doubt that you are as powerful as she thinks that you are. You would not be here otherwise. Surprised you may be, but do not let that blind you. The necklace bears our family sigil. Death cannot touch you. It names you friend and ally. My mother will teach you. She will protect you and then she will ask you to remake the mindscapes. She will ask you to fight alongside us as we push back those who have escaped and return them to their prison. Finally, she will ask you to help deliver vengeance on the betrayer who let the gates open. It will not be an easy thing. There have been said terrible things about me. Know this I care about mortal beings. I even loved one once." Suddenly, his eyes go wide and he turns. With a wave of his hand he shifts the whole of hallway. They appear before a door of exotic wood. It is worn and slightly splintered. It opens with a thought to reveal a well lit suite of rooms can be seen through the doorway. Exotic woods and marbles make up much of the furniture that can be seen within. Mita stands aside "Here are your apartments. Food and drink are inside. If there is anything that you need call my name and I shall come. I will come get you when my mother is ready for you. Try not to wander around hungry things roam the halls." He blushes slightly and walks away into the gloom.

Under no circumstances explore. :ph34r:

@Negative_Null

Edited by Nathrangking

7 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Under no circumstances explore.

Patch never was intending to explore the mindscape. Vale was an explorer, but Patch preferred caution over anything else. However, his statement to Rish when he first entered betrayed more than she may have realized. Patch could read the past of objects, and every item in the room was pulling his consciousness under with its godly history.

1 hour ago, KyL said:

The angel turned, instantly reacting, behind Jared in a moment--or wait, he wasn't. He was still in front. And he had only turned halfway..

His hands were slow, his wings were heavy, and pain flooded through his mind and body, Fox's pain.

His wings unbalanced him and he fell, crashing onto the melted stone.

"What did you!?"--he cut off, trying to rise, but unable.

Mordred halted her future onslaught, watching the metal angel in wonder, amazed by his... inability to... well, be himself.

@Channelknight Fadran

@DramaQueen

@xinoehp512

@Scarletfox

I bound your soul, said Jared. No more teleporting away. Reconsidering your options now?

His blade sparks into existence. Better finish this quickly, he thinks. I'm running out of time...

15 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Without a word Rish extends her aura to surround the three of them. Everything fades as existence shifts around them. There is neither heat nor cold simply a sense of immense calm. Realms appear and vanish before much can be known about them. An eternity passes in a moment. The travelers appear in a lit hall whose richness is offset by scars that run along the walls and floors. Mosaics are cracked and reliefs split. The splendor and treasures that make up the hall are beyond calculation. Flames burn in sapphire braziers and thrones of pearl line the walls. A hearth of silver burns merrily though the aura is solemn. "Welcome to the heart of my mindscape."

@Vapor @Negative_Null

A golden candlestick tumbled past James's view.

"Oh, dear," he said. "Not again."

---

It had all started with a dream. He'd been falling- not too unusual, all things considered. Most of his dreams included some falling, one way or another. He was sure that said something about him, but he'd never consulted a psychologist to find out. Anyways, the dream had been fairly average. He'd been in a large bookshelf-filled room, ordering and cataloging the various volumes. Except that they kept changing as he was organizing them, their titles and authors shifting subtly. Never in front of his eyes- they were too careful for that. But he'd glance away, and then back, and it would be slightly different from what his memory had it as. And - very occasionally - when he looked back on shelves he'd ordered, a book would be inexplicably out of order. He did his best regardless, reordering the books as necessary and trying his best to be constantly alert for subtle shifts. He'd been so focused on his task, however, that he hadn't even noticed the hole that had opened up in front of him. He'd taken a step forward, and the ground had just been... gone.

That was when the falling had started. It had been thematically appropriate, at first- a large spiral staircase lined with book-filled bookshelves. It had looked similar to the room above, and his first thought had been that it was just a lower room of the building.

But he'd kept falling. The walls had gradually begun to change as he descended, the books filling the shelves gradually becoming sparser and sparser, until barely any remained. The walls had become dustier, the furnishings dingier, the colors duller.

Until, abruptly, it had all ended, and he was falling through nothing but nothing.

How long he'd fallen, he didn't know. Perhaps time itself had lost meaning in that seemingly endless void.

As soon as he saw the candlestick, though, he knew. This wasn't a dream anymore.

And it was at that moment that he crashed into the floor of a richly furnished and eerily silent hall.

23 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I bound your soul, said Jared. No more teleporting away. Reconsidering your options now?

His blade sparks into existence. Better finish this quickly, he thinks. I'm running out of time...

"My soul!? I have no soul!!" The angel almost screamed, managing to stand up.

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen ignored Winter's pain, screaming at him. "What did you DO to her??" She began doing everything she could think of to help Fox, clinging to her hand, whispering words of comfort, and shooting occasional glares of hatred to Winter.

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

I wake as a powerful stench hits my nose. My screams of agony continue unabated as I struggle to break the bonds that tie me down.

6 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Rish watches Vapor examine the room and nods internally. "We should begin your training immediately. However, you must be weary. I will have you shown to a place where you can rest and freshen up." She claps her hands once. A pillar of amethyst flame bursts from the ground and a lad of indeterminable age appears. His scarlet hair and burnished bronze skin are matted with sweat. 

"Mother." His voice is harsh yet subdued.

"Mita we have a guest. Please see to it that she has rooms to rest and freshen up in."

Mita nods and then motions for Vapor to follow him.

Rish turns toward Patch. "There is much though it is likely humble compared to what you may have seen before. You too may wish to rest and freshen up." She claps twice A young woman with locks as raven feathers appears from nowhere at all. Her eyes are old even as her face has the youth of one who is no older than 20. 

"Mother." Her voice is soft carrying as a breeze on a calm night. There is a tinge of something hidden in the voice. It is subtle, but nonetheless present. There is a grace to her that is unnatural as she glides over the tiled floor and curtsies.

"Mes we have an honored guest. Please take him to the quarters reserved for honored guests so that he may rest if he wishes and freshen up." Mes beckons for Patch to follow and turns without acknowledging her mother again.

I dive out of the way as Winter grabs Fox and disappears. My body is numb to the agony burning me alive. The golden blood oozing from the place on my arm where Winter slashed me when he lashed out fades into the background. For a while I just stare into space comprehension leaving me. Through my bond with Fox I can hear the impression of words, but I have not the strength to answer her. After an eternity of nothingness I feel again. Something tears and shatters. The whole of the universe goes dark to me as I cry out wild spasms take me. It lessens slightly for a moment, but it still rushes through me.

1 hour ago, Enter a username said:

Enter jumped out of the flying building, Pushing on the coin he dropped earlier to slow his fall.

T and Ember arrive at the ground and rush over to Nathrangking. "You said it's mental?" T asks Herate.

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Mita stops in place and turns. His face is blank. Every emotion is gone. He seems to collect himself as he takes in a deep breath. When he speaks his voice is gentle as a slight breeze on a warm day. "I have no doubt that you are as powerful as she thinks that you are. You would not be here otherwise. Surprised you may be, but do not let that blind you. The necklace bears our family sigil. Death cannot touch you. It names you friend and ally. My mother will teach you. She will protect you and then she will ask you to remake the mindscapes. She will ask you to fight alongside us as we push back those who have escaped and return them to their prison. Finally, she will ask you to help deliver vengeance on the betrayer who let the gates open. It will not be an easy thing. There have been said terrible things about me. Know this I care about mortal beings. I even loved one once." Suddenly, his eyes go wide and he turns. With a wave of his hand he shifts the whole of hallway. They appear before a door of exotic wood. It is worn and slightly splintered. It opens with a thought to reveal a well lit suite of rooms can be seen through the doorway. Exotic woods and marbles make up much of the furniture that can be seen within. Mita stands aside "Here are your apartments. Food and drink are inside. If there is anything that you need call my name and I shall come. I will come get you when my mother is ready for you. Try not to wander around hungry things roam the halls." He blushes slightly and walks away into the gloom.

@Negative_Null

Vapor nods. "Thank you." I wonder who the betrayer is.

Didn't Nath open the gates?

4 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Patch never was intending to explore the mindscape. Vale was an explorer, but Patch preferred caution over anything else. However, his statement to Rish when he first entered betrayed more than she may have realized. Patch could read the past of objects, and every item in the room was pulling his consciousness under with its godly history.

I suppose that Patch can explore the rooms and learn things.

3 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

A golden candlestick tumbled past James's view.

"Oh, dear," he said. "Not again."

---

It had all started with a dream. He'd been falling- not too unusual, all things considered. Most of his dreams included some falling, one way or another. He was sure that said something about him, but he'd never consulted a psychologist to find out. Anyways, the dream had been fairly average. He'd been in a large bookshelf-filled room, ordering and cataloging the various volumes. Except that they kept changing as he was organizing them, their titles and authors shifting subtly. Never in front of his eyes- they were too careful for that. But he'd glance away, and then back, and it would be slightly different from what his memory had it as. And - very occasionally - when he looked back on shelves he'd ordered, a book would be inexplicably out of order. He did his best regardless, reordering the books as necessary and trying his best to be constantly alert for subtle shifts. He'd been so focused on his task, however, that he hadn't even noticed the hole that had opened up in front of him. He'd taken a step forward, and the ground had just been... gone.

That was when the falling had started. It had been thematically appropriate, at first- a large spiral staircase lined with book-filled bookshelves. It had looked similar to the room above, and his first thought had been that it was just a lower room of the building.

But he'd kept falling. The walls had gradually begun to change as he descended, the books filling the shelves gradually becoming sparser and sparser, until barely any remained. The walls had become dustier, the furnishings dingier, the colors duller.

Until, abruptly, it had all ended, and he was falling through nothing but nothing.

How long he'd fallen, he didn't know. Perhaps time itself had lost meaning in that seemingly endless void.

As soon as he saw the candlestick, though, he knew. This wasn't a dream anymore.

And it was at that moment that he crashed into the floor of a richly furnished and eerily silent hall.

The room is gone in the blink of an eye. It is now a distant peak covered in Ice and snow. A frozen tundra extends as far as the eye can see. Biting winds fly freely. Ice and snow are piled up all around. Voices whisper dirges of spirits long gone by. Night is falling and all warmth flees. Blinding sheets of frost descend rapidly.

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

Vapor nods. "Thank you." I wonder who the betrayer is.

I'm sure that Vapor won't want to you know explore.

7 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

I suppose that Patch can explore the rooms and learn things.

I mean like a psychic connection. All these objects with such long histories is giving him a kind of psychic overload. He'll be functional but he might learn some things Rish doesn't want him to know completely on accident.

Edited by Negative_Null