The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Why didn't she get vanished by Jared's attack?

5 minutes ago, KyL said:

Because she's not real

his sword erases the existence of anything it touches, but if what it touched never existed in the first place--

Ah, the perfect chance to escape. Everyone was distracted. She looked at Fadran and Queen. Fox pointed at them, then pointed at herself, and then pointed with both of her thumbs behind her, signifying that they should leave. She sighed, and closed her eyes. How would they leave.... how would they get out of this pickle....

How had Nath gotten to her? Didn't he say something about using the bond? Could she use that ingot of warmth to get to Nath? She opened her eyes, nobody was really paying much attention to her, it would probably be ok.... Winter seemed to not want to kill her, so nobody would get her while she tuned them out... 

Fox closed her eyes again, letting the world around her to fade away once more. She had been drained from what she had tried before, could she do it again? She dismissed the fatigue, it would be fine. Fox focused on that ingot of light once more, imagining herself seeing Nath talking to the others, how she wanted to hear what he was saying, how betrayed she had felt that he had not let her into the discussion. How Fox had wanted to be closer to him, to listen. She focused on those desires, to return to Nath, to hear his encouraging words. I need to get back to him, Fox told herself. 

Yes, step through that door, escape from this desolation. 'Go back... go back... go back.....' Fox absent-mindedly muttered as she focused on returning to Nath.

@KyL

14 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"I had not..." his eyes dim again for a fraction of a second. "Not even a whisper. But..." dim again, and Vale puts a hand to his head. "I can see the effects now. So many realities affected."

"War is upon us. We cannot sit by and allow that which has been built to end. The keeper of the gate is a traitor and he must be punished. I have come here to gather you into the alliance which will beat back this menace and exact justice." Each and every word is calculated. Existence seems to strain to hear her words

5 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Ah, the perfect chance to escape. Everyone was distracted. She looked at Fadran and Queen. Fox pointed at them, then pointed at herself, and then pointed with both of her thumbs behind her, signifying that they should leave. She sighed, and closed her eyes. How would they leave.... how would they get out of this pickle....

How had Nath gotten to her? Didn't he say something about using the bond? Could she use that ingot of warmth to get to Nath? She opened her eyes, nobody was really paying much attention to her, it would probably be ok.... Winter seemed to not want to kill her, so nobody would get her while she tuned them out... 

Fox closed her eyes again, letting the world around her to fade away once more. She had been drained from what she had tried before, could she do it again? She dismissed the fatigue, it would be fine. Fox focused on that ingot of light once more, imagining herself seeing Nath talking to the others, how she wanted to hear what he was saying, how betrayed she had felt that he had not let her into the discussion. How Fox had wanted to be closer to him, to listen. She focused on those desires, to return to Nath, to hear his encouraging words. I need to get back to him, Fox told herself. 

Yes, step through that door, escape from this desolation. 'Go back... go back... go back.....' Fox absent-mindedly muttered as she focused on returning to Nath.

@KyL

"Why does everybody take advantage of chaos!? (oh wait..)" Winter shouted, appearing behind Fox, reaching into her mind.

"Sorry, but you can't leave."

He appeared in her mind, formless, extracting the ingot that Nath had installed in her mentality.

What's this?--his voice in her head.

The ingot was carelessly ripped from her mind, pulled away, stolen.

I apologize--although, not really. I can't have you leaving, now can I?

11 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

"War is upon us. We cannot sit by and allow that which has been built to end. The keeper of the gate is a traitor and he must be punished. I have come here to gather you into the alliance which will beat back this menace and exact justice." Each and every word is calculated. Existence seems to strain to hear her words

"I try not to get involved in things like this. I will defend my realms as I always have. If you wish, however, I can send you one of my Foundations to aid you in your quest for vengeance. My vows prevent me from interfering too much, and my energies will be better spent defending-" he winces, an odd expression for his face. 
Vale breathes in sharply. "Who fell?"

"Chryslyn is no longer with us. Reordar must have been attacked." He turns to her. "I hope you understand my stance."

Edited by Negative_Null

Hmm.. :ph34r: 

Jared closed his eyes and felt.

At first touch, there was nothing behind him but slightly scorched air and rubble. Strange. Even an illusion would have some semblance of existence.

A quick check verfied that it wasn't a sensory illusion. So... if it wasn't in his mind, but he couldn't detect it in reality, that left only one possibility. Silence, he thought. Or a semblance of it, at least. 

Jared opened his eyes. So Winter was using trying to use Silence against him, was he? Very well. He hadn't spent all that time dueling his brothers for nothing, after all. It was time to do something dangerous.

As calmly as he could manage, he drew the power of Silence into himself. Light warped around him as his colors inverted, wisps of stygian crimson rising from his eyes.

With the extra power flowing through him, he could see with ease his 'attacker'. Not Winter, surprisingly- something that appeared as a young girl. Whatever it was, it used Silence in a way he'd never seen before- variable existence, somehow? 

Nice try, he said as the color in his blade deepened and darkened. With a blurring motion, he caught the girl by the arm in a supernaturally powerful grip. Whatever it was, it would pretty simple to get rid of- the entity was already half nonexistent. Obviously Winter wasn't a powerful enough Narrator to even create a proper character.

Carefully but with resolve he began to pour Silence into her, counteracting the threads of reality that Winter was supplying one by one.

Just now, Nathrangking said:

"An alliance?" said Jeffery nervously. "Does that include the mimes?"

@Nathrangking

45 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"I try not to get involved in things like this. I will defend my realms as I always have. If you wish, however, I can send you one of my Foundations to aid you in your quest for vengeance. My vows prevent me from interfering too much, and my energies will be better spent defending-" he winces, an odd expression for his face. 
Vale breathes in sharply. "Who fell?"

"Chryslyn is no longer with us. Reordar must have been attacked." He turns to her. "I hope you understand my stance."

She nods. Her amethyst eyes remain fixed on his. "We will not demand resources that are needed to defend this realm. I shall marshal what aid I can from the council as soon as I may to help you in your fight. In fact there seems to be one outside of your immediate sphere of influence who may be able to aid me." Rish turns her head so that her still gaze rests on Vapor. "I sense that this one has the power to aid us in our war."

32 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

At first touch, there was nothing behind him but slightly scorched air and rubble. Strange. Even an illusion would have some semblance of existence.

A quick check verfied that it wasn't a sensory illusion. So... if it wasn't in his mind, but he couldn't detect it in reality, that left only one possibility. Silence, he thought. Or a semblance of it, at least. 

Jared opened his eyes. So Winter was using trying to use Silence against him, was he? Very well. He hadn't spent all that time dueling his brothers for nothing, after all. It was time to do something dangerous.

As calmly as he could manage, he drew the power of Silence into himself. Light warped around him as his colors inverted, wisps of stygian crimson rising from his eyes.

With the extra power flowing through him, he could see with ease his 'attacker'. Not Winter, surprisingly- something that appeared as a young girl. Whatever it was, it used Silence in a way he'd never seen before- variable existence, somehow? 

Nice try, he said as the color in his blade deepened and darkened. With a blurring motion, he caught the girl by the arm in a supernaturally powerful grip. Whatever it was, it would pretty simple to get rid of- the entity was already half nonexistent. Obviously Winter wasn't a powerful enough Narrator to even create a proper character.

Carefully but with resolve he began to pour Silence into her, counteracting the threads of reality that Winter was supplying one by one.

"An alliance?" said Jeffery nervously. "Does that include the mimes?"

@Nathrangking

Rish turns her gaze on Jeffery. "It is conceivable that the council will call upon them. I do not speak as the sole leader. It may be that my brethren will reach out to them. I shall not."

@Vapor

Edited by Nathrangking

1 hour ago, KyL said:

"Why does everybody take advantage of chaos!? (oh wait..)" Winter shouted, appearing behind Fox, reaching into her mind.

He appeared in her mind, formless, extracting the ingot that Nath had installed in her mentality.

What's this?--his voice in her head.

The ingot was carelessly ripped from her mind, pulled away, stolen.

I apologize--although, not really. I can't have you leaving, now can I?

Fox gasped as she felt Winter entering her brain. Ack, the darned creature, she was about to demand for him to leave her mind, but then something happened.

Fox felt the ingot of light and warmth being ripped out of her soul. From the depths of everything that was Fox, a guttural scream erupted, that would cause those miles around to freeze in pity or fear. 

Fox fell to her knees as she experienced two things. The pain and the rage and the hatred that replaced the ingot ricocheted through the Fox in a horrible agony beyond belief. She thought she had experienced emotional pain when her brother died? That was like a stubbed toe when compared to what was happening now. The scream did not stop, she could not stop it, she could not control it, it just happened. It slowed for a moment, allowing Fox to hiccup and take a desperate breath, before starting up again. Something else tortured her as well, a deeply rooted physical torment sprouting from her head, spreading to every part of her body with no relief. It was burning hot coals, but freezing as an igloo, at the same time, as if she were being burned, and frozen to death at the same time. The scream turned into coughing, and then Fox began convulsing on the ground.

@DramaQueen @Channelknight Fadran

Fascinatingly enough, redheads' bodies actually process pain differently than anyone else, namely that thermal pain is much more painful for them, and electrical pain is much less painful for them than other people. Fun fact of the day.

Edited by Scarletfox

3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

She nods. Her amethyst eyes remain fixed on his. "We will not demand resources that are needed to defend this realm. I shall marshal what aid I can from the council as soon as I may to help you in your fight. In fact there seems to be one outside of your immediate sphere of influence who may be able to aid me." Rish turns her head so that her still gaze rests on Vapor. "I sense that this one has the power to aid us in our war."

Rish turns her gaze on Jeffery. "It is conceivable that the council will call upon them. I do not speak as the sole leader. It may be that my brethren will reach out to them. I shall not."

@Vapor

"She can choose her own path. With the death of one of my own, I feel I'm obligated to aid you. Vale, would you mind finding Patch?"

Vale nods and opens a portal away.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Hah, stop it you're tickling me! I suppose you've decided I'm not real. What a bore. Yami stepped through Jared, past his grip, peeking out behind him. She halted when she heard Fox's scream.

Oh dear, Winter, have you broken my new toy already?

Edited by KyL

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

@Vapor

"You want me..." Vapor said. "To fight in a war with gods?"

9 hours ago, Vapor said:

"You want me..." Vapor said. "To fight in a war with gods?"

Rish turns back toward Vapor and fixes her in her gaze. Her eyes are a fall into eternity. "You are stronger than you know. I have sensed the power that you wield. The power to create or unmake is within your grasp. This vengeance can be achieved through your aid alone."

13 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"No, you listen to me." Fadran glares back. "You think that you have to murder and steal to feel emotions? Well, you don't, and I can prove it. Have you ever felt happiness? Ever? I can help you with that."

He speaks telepathically with Queen. Remember when you siphoned all your emotions into Nath? Well, I'm going to need you to tell me how to do that, asap. 

@DramaQueen

Ah, crap. Sorry, I was only able to get on for like two minutes yesterday. Pretend Queen responded sooner.

Um, I don't actually know exactly what I did. I...was in his head, went over my emotions, then released them somehow. It felt like I had too many feelings, so it was really easy to let them out. When they returned to me, they were a manageable size. I found the reason I was feeling what I was, then I was better able to set my emotions free.

5 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Um, I don't actually know exactly what I did. I...was in his head, went over my emotions, then released them somehow. It felt like I had too many feelings, so it was really easy to let them out. When they returned to me, they were a manageable size. I found the reason I was feeling what I was, then I was better able to set my emotions free.

Great! That'll work.

12 hours ago, KyL said:

Fadran steals his chance, and through Nath's bond with Fox, connects to Winter.

Then forces all his emotions into the angel's mind.

17 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Great! That'll work.

Fadran steals his chance, and through Nath's bond with Fox, connects to Winter.

Then forces all his emotions into the angel's mind.

Well, that's a very roundabout way of connecting to Winter. That would be like me gaining access to Fox's mind through your bond with Nath.

13 hours ago, KyL said:

Hah, stop it you're tickling me! I suppose you've decided I'm not real. What a bore. Yami stepped through Jared, past his grip, peeking out behind him. She halted when she heard Fox's scream.

Oh dear, Winter, have you broken my new toy already?

Jared felt the entity retreat, its Silence deepening. He briefly considered following up his attack with a finishing blow, but decided against it. No reason, if she wasn't going to threaten him further. His fight was with Winter, after all.

Winter had vanished only a moment ago- it was simplicity itself to find him once more. Jared cleverly modified his spatial location to be right behind Winter, his blade through the creature's body.

@KyL

2 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Rish turns back toward Vapor and fixes her in her gaze. Her eyes are a fall into eternity. "You are stronger than you know. I have sensed the power that you wield. The power to create or unmake is within your grasp. This vengeance can be achieved through your aid alone."

"Forgive me for interrupting," interjected Jeffery. "But I must say, I am slightly skeptical. Through her aid alone? I mean... dream artists are rare, but they aren't that rare."

@Nathrangking

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Jared felt the entity retreat, its Silence deepening. He briefly considered following up his attack with a finishing blow, but decided against it. No reason, if she wasn't going to threaten him further. His fight was with Winter, after all.

Winter had vanished only a moment ago- it was simplicity itself to find him once more. Jared cleverly modified his spatial location to be right behind Winter, his blade through the creature's body.

@KyL

"Forgive me for interrupting," interjected Jeffery. "But I must say, I am slightly skeptical. Through her aid alone? I mean... dream artists are rare, but they aren't that rare."

@Nathrangking

Rish's face is impassive as she is interrupted by the one clearly protecting her prize. "She has in her the power of two. All mindscapes were formed by two they alone had the power and knowledge. While I have the knowledge of how to make make and unmake the very fabrics of divine essences, I have not the power alone to do so. Under my tutelage she can be the greatest force ever conceived. Her might would be limitless. While as you say dream artists as you call them are not that rare. Her raw power is unfathomable."

18 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Rish's face is impassive as she is interrupted by the one clearly protecting her prize. "She has in her the power of two. All mindscapes were formed by two they alone had the power and knowledge. While I have the knowledge of how to make make and unmake the very fabrics of divine essences, I have not the power alone to do so. Under my tutelage she can be the greatest force ever conceived. Her might would be limitless. While as you say dream artists as you call them are not that rare. Her raw power is unfathomable."

I'm sorry, but I'm having a bit of trouble parsing this... could you explain again?

@Nathrangking

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

I'm sorry, but I'm having a bit of trouble parsing this... could you explain again?

Essentially if you cut through the flowery prose she is saying that in terms of power Vapor is one of a kind. She has the power that only two others working together had. Rish has the knowledge of how to use such power, but she is not that powerful by herself.