The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

2 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen forced herself out of her "concerned mom" mode, transferring to the trained medical professional. She knew what to do here. She pulled off her jacket, placing it under Fox's head as she rolled Fox onto her back, keeping her from changing positions or risking her ability to breathe. She clasped one of Fox's hands between both of hers, kneeling beside the thrashing form. "There's not much else to do besides wait. I'm not sure what caused this, and I don't want to intrude on her mind until it gets serious. I can tell she has a lot of secrets, and she definitely doesn't trust me enough to share them. If Nath were here...." She shook her head. "No, he was too weak. Even if we knew this would happen, we couldn't have brought him."

"What should I do?"

Just now, DramaQueen said:

"Keep siphoning health into her, but don't weaken yourself too much. We may still need to fight in order to leave. Other than that...I don't know what you should do."

"Don't worry about me knocking myself out; that only ever really happens if I'm working with Divinity." Fadran keeps going with his Health siphoning, reaching into his backpack and pulling out a vial of antibiotic medecine and taking a sip. He shivers. "Gosh, I hate that stuff. It's absolutely disgusting."

9 hours ago, Scarletfox said:

Fox continued to convulse on the ground, not responding.

"Nobody move or they are dead!" Cried Winter.

Winter, do something!

"What!? What am I supposed to do!?"

You can do anything! I made you that way!

"I.. I don't..."

Stop her pain, hurry, before she's gone!

Coming to a decision, the angel crouched by the convulsing body of Fox, opposite Queen.>>giving Queen a glare, he placed his right palm on Fox's forehead, letting it absorb something. Then he placed the hand on the Fox's heart, touching his forehead to hers--her pain poured into him as he consumed it, filling the space of his body, emanating from his eyes.

He stood up fuzzily, rubbing his eyes which had begun to streak with traces of blood, leaking from the tear glands

Mordred groggily sat up, squishing the air out of Korin who wheezed beneath her--she wasn't looking too well, sections of her body stained black, as if she had been badly burned. Her hair, which was thankfully still there, had streaks of black running through it also, and her armour was very deranged, having melted and then cooled in a short period.

Korin,who was trying to push her off of him, looked about the same, although not scorched as badly--he was covered in burns, and his tunic was rather--dead--although he seemed to be fine.

"WINTER!!!" Mordred yelled, seeing the angel standing in front of her. "I'LL KILL YOU!!!" She continued, lunging forward and reaching for her sword (which wasn't there.). Luckily, Korin had grabbed onto her ankle and she lost her balance, falling on top of him again. ("OOF." Korin expelled, pushing the knight of treachery off him. "Of all places...")

4 minutes ago, KyL said:

Winter, do something!

"I.. I don't..."

Coming to a decision, the angel crouched by the convulsing body of Fox, opposite Queen.>>giving Queen a glare, he placed his right palm on Fox's forehead, letting it absorb something. Then he placed the hand on the Fox's heart, touching his forehead to hers--her pain poured into him as he consumed it, filling the space of his body, emanating from his eyes.

He stood up fuzzily, rubbing his eyes which had begun to streak with traces of blood, leaking from the tear glands

Mordred groggily sat up, squishing the air out of Korin who wheezed beneath her--she wasn't looking too well, sections of her body stained black, as if she had been badly burned. Her hair, which was thankfully still there, had streaks of black running through it also, and her armour was very deranged, having melted and then cooled in a short period.

Korin,who was trying to push her off of him, looked about the same, although not scorched as badly--he was covered in burns, and his tunic was rather--dead--although he seemed to be fine.

"WINTER!!!" Mordred yelled, seeing the angel standing in front of her. "I'LL KILL YOU!!!" She continued, lunging forward and reaching for her sword (which wasn't there.). Luckily, Korin had grabbed onto her ankle and she lost her balance, falling on top of him again. ("OOF." Korin expelled, pushing the knight of treachery off him. "Of all places...")

"What the heck did you just do?" Fadran asks, then yelps as Mordred charges at the angel. "Mordred?"

15 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What the heck did you just do?" Fadran asks, then yelps as Mordred charges at the angel. "Mordred?"

"Oh hey." Said Mordred, forgetting about her Oath of Death for a moment. "You're that one guy, Radfan? That's a--an interesting name, I mean who would name their kid a rad fan. That gives me too many 80's vibes."

Edited by KyL

Jared felt the Silence of frozen time flow over him like a wave crashing on the unmoving shore. 

Careful, he thought. He doesn't know you aren't frozen.

With his power, he began to weave a binding he'd seen used only once before. A binding to bind the soul of a dream artist, to limit their power- or remove it entirely.

3 minutes ago, KyL said:

"Oh hey." Said Mordred, forgetting about her Oath of Death for a moment. "You're that one guy, Radfan? That's a--an interesting name, I mean who would name their kid a rad fan. That gives me too much 80's vibes."

"What? Radfan? 80s? What the... my name is Fadran."

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What? Radfan? 80s? What the... my name is Fadran."

"Ohhh, right." The knight said, disappointed. "Fadran. Hmph. Anyway, I gotta get back to threatening this guy." She continued, pointing her thumb at Winter, who was clutching his head with both hands, staring at the ground and shaking.

Vale watches where Rish left for a moment, bows to Jeffrey and the Fallen King, and then to Prime, before leaving. He'll be back with the Fellowship shortly.

Prime turns to the two that are left. "I appreciate your concern for your daughter and granddaughter. But death passed both of you by only because I chose to ignore your brazenness."

@xinoehp512

3 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Vale watches where Rish left for a moment, bows to Jeffrey and the Fallen King, and then to Prime, before leaving. He'll be back with the Fellowship shortly.

Prime turns to the two that are left. "I appreciate your concern for your daughter and granddaughter. But death passed both of you by only because I chose to ignore your brazenness."

@xinoehp512

Brian raised an eyebrow. "And I suppose you're just going to ignore her disrespect?"

10 hours ago, Vapor said:

Vapor looks around, smiling slightly at the overall majestic friendliness of the place.

Rish watches Vapor examine the room and nods internally. "We should begin your training immediately. However, you must be weary. I will have you shown to a place where you can rest and freshen up." She claps her hands once. A pillar of amethyst flame bursts from the ground and a lad of indeterminable age appears. His scarlet hair and burnished bronze skin are matted with sweat. 

"Mother." His voice is harsh yet subdued.

"Mita we have a guest. Please see to it that she has rooms to rest and freshen up in."

Mita nods and then motions for Vapor to follow him.

8 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

Patch takes in the room at a glance. "There's much history here, mi'lady"

Rish turns toward Patch. "There is much though it is likely humble compared to what you may have seen before. You too may wish to rest and freshen up." She claps twice A young woman with locks as raven feathers appears from nowhere at all. Her eyes are old even as her face has the youth of one who is no older than 20. 

"Mother." Her voice is soft carrying as a breeze on a calm night. There is a tinge of something hidden in the voice. It is subtle, but nonetheless present. There is a grace to her that is unnatural as she glides over the tiled floor and curtsies.

"Mes we have an honored guest. Please take him to the quarters reserved for honored guests so that he may rest if he wishes and freshen up." Mes beckons for Patch to follow and turns without acknowledging her mother again.

I dive out of the way as Winter grabs Fox and disappears. My body is numb to the agony burning me alive. The golden blood oozing from the place on my arm where Winter slashed me when he lashed out fades into the background. For a while I just stare into space comprehension leaving me. Through my bond with Fox I can hear the impression of words, but I have not the strength to answer her. After an eternity of nothingness I feel again. Something tears and shatters. The whole of the universe goes dark to me as I cry out wild spasms take me. It lessens slightly for a moment, but it still rushes through me.

6 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"She at least asked permission before coming in. But yes, just as I ignored yours."

Patch nods in respect to Rish and follows Mes. He doesn't take off his hat until he's in his room.

Mes leads him from the chamber through a doorway that appears at her mental command. Gilded and decorated as everything else the doorway is engraved with the same symbols that appear on Vapor's necklace. The entrance way vanishes as they walk through. They are in a hall of rich woods that ooze a peace unknown in the mortals realm. There is a calm light which leaves the hall half in light and half in shadow. In the shadows  the panels are splintered. Mes floats in silence like a spirit for a while reveling in the calm. After a while she speaks without turning around. "Be wary of wandering these halls alone. It has been a long while since any mortals have come here. There are things here which are quite hungry." In the dark it is hard to tell, but something like a blush tinges Mes' cheeks. With a thought the halls shift. They now stand before doors of polished marble. They almost glow in comparison to the surrounding muted gloom. Chips seem to be missing from the doors in random places. Mes waves her hand and the doors swing inward. A well lit suite of rooms can be seen through the doorway. Exotic woods and marbles make up much of the furniture that can be seen within. Mes stands out of the way and waves Patch forward. Here are your rooms. The doors will open and close at your thought. If there is anything that you don't possess that you wish to have call for me and I shall come. There are provisions within if you desire food or drink." Mes' blush returns as she turns to Patch and then she disappears into the gloom.

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

Mes leads him from the chamber through a doorway that appears at her mental command. Gilded and decorated as everything else the doorway is engraved with the same symbols that appear on Vapor's necklace. The entrance way vanishes as they walk through. They are in a hall of rich woods that ooze a peace unknown in the mortals realm. There is a calm light which leaves the hall half in light and half in shadow. In the shadows  the panels are splintered. Mes floats in silence like a spirit for a while reveling in the calm. After a while she speaks without turning around. "Be wary of wandering these halls alone. It has been a long while since any mortals have come here. There are things here which are quite hungry." In the dark it is hard to tell, but something like a blush tinges Mes' cheeks. With a thought the halls shift. They now stand before doors of polished marble. They almost glow in comparison to the surrounding muted gloom. Chips seem to be missing from the doors in random places. Mes waves her hand and the doors swing inward. A well lit suite of rooms can be seen through the doorway. Exotic woods and marbles make up much of the furniture that can be seen within. Mes stands out of the way and waves Patch forward. Here are your rooms. The doors will open and close at your thought. If there is anything that you don't possess that you wish to have call for me and I shall come. There are provisions within if you desire food or drink." Mes' blush returns as she turns to Patch and then she disappears into the gloom.

A flash of a metallic smile appears below the brim of his hat after she leaves. "No, I don't think that food will be necessary. And anything that thinks I am might have an interesting mouthful."

1 hour ago, KyL said:

Winter, do something!

"I.. I don't..."

"What did you do?" Queen exclaimed. "She was going to be fine! I swear, if you did something--anything--similar to what you did to Mordred, I'll-I'll..." Queen let out a huff of anger, then bent over Fox again, clinging to her hand. "Fox? What did he do to you?" She was beginning to look a bit better. Is it possible that he could have helped her?

I don't think that counts as a godmod, since Winter took away her pain, so I'd assume she'd look better.

26 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"She at least asked permission before coming in. But yes, just as I ignored yours."

"Well," said Brian, "if I don't have your permission, may I at least have your forgiveness? I intended no disrespect to you. I wished only to do all that I could to keep her safe."

1 hour ago, KyL said:

Winter, do something!

"I.. I don't..."

Now, thought Jared, while he's distracted.

Carefully he moved, reaching a few inches to tap Winter on the shoulder- discharging his binding as he did so.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

"Well," said Brian, "if I don't have your permission, may I at least have your forgiveness? I intended no disrespect to you. I wished only to do all that I could to keep her safe."

"You have it. I've never been a vengeful person, I only want to keep my realm and people protected. I understand your desire."

While I know it doesn't make too much sense for the characters or the plot, I think it would have been awesome to have just said "no" and had them fight. Maybe we could do a non-canon battle between all the gods sometime :P . Or maybe we'll run into some combat later on.

5 hours ago, A Windrunner said:

OK, great! Enjoy it there!

1 hour ago, Nathrangking said:

I dive out of the way as Winter grabs Fox and disappears. My body is numb to the agony burning me alive. The golden blood oozing from the place on my arm where Winter slashed me when he lashed out fades into the background. For a while I just stare into space comprehension leaving me. Through my bond with Fox I can hear the impression of words, but I have not the strength to answer her. After an eternity of nothingness I feel again. Something tears and shatters. The whole of the universe goes dark to me as I cry out wild spasms take me. It lessens slightly for a moment, but it still rushes through me.

Herate sighs, but stamps herself again, and Herial rushes over to Nath. "I need help! If we don't pin him down, he could cause even more damage to his rib cage and injure himself in other ways."

Who's over here with me? I think in the area I'm alone, but is anyone close enough to help me pin him down?

26 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

While I know it doesn't make too much sense for the characters or the plot, I think it would have been awesome to have just said "no" and had them fight. Maybe we could do a non-canon battle between all the gods sometime :P . Or maybe we'll run into some combat later on.

Well, Brian and Jeffery would have gotten curb-stomped. :P Unless the situation caused Silence to get involved. Then who knows? Although at that point, it would be less of a physical fight and more of an ideological conflict.

3 hours ago, Nathrangking said:

Rish watches Vapor examine the room and nods internally. "We should begin your training immediately. However, you must be weary. I will have you shown to a place where you can rest and freshen up." She claps her hands once. A pillar of amethyst flame bursts from the ground and a lad of indeterminable age appears. His scarlet hair and burnished bronze skin are matted with sweat. 

"Mother." His voice is harsh yet subdued.

"Mita we have a guest. Please see to it that she has rooms to rest and freshen up in."

Mita nods and then motions for Vapor to follow him.

Rish turns toward Patch. "There is much though it is likely humble compared to what you may have seen before. You too may wish to rest and freshen up." She claps twice A young woman with locks as raven feathers appears from nowhere at all. Her eyes are old even as her face has the youth of one who is no older than 20. 

"Mother." Her voice is soft carrying as a breeze on a calm night. There is a tinge of something hidden in the voice. It is subtle, but nonetheless present. There is a grace to her that is unnatural as she glides over the tiled floor and curtsies.

"Mes we have an honored guest. Please take him to the quarters reserved for honored guests so that he may rest if he wishes and freshen up." Mes beckons for Patch to follow and turns without acknowledging her mother again.

Vapor follows Mita, fingering the necklace.

Edited by Vapor

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Now, thought Jared, while he's distracted.

Carefully he moved, reaching a few inches to tap Winter on the shoulder- discharging his binding as he did so.

The angel turned, instantly reacting, behind Jared in a moment--or wait, he wasn't. He was still in front. And he had only turned halfway..

His hands were slow, his wings were heavy, and pain flooded through his mind and body, Fox's pain.

His wings unbalanced him and he fell, crashing onto the melted stone.

"What did you!?"--he cut off, trying to rise, but unable.

Mordred halted her future onslaught, watching the metal angel in wonder, amazed by his... inability to... well, be himself.

@Channelknight Fadran

@DramaQueen

@xinoehp512

@Scarletfox

Edited by KyL
forgot to tag

Fox experiences three things. She is living three lives. Fox is being burned. Slowly. Being rotisseried over an atrocious lake of fiery doom. Her hoodie catches on fire, and she feels her skin turning black as it is scorched beyond recognition. At the same time, she is freezing to death. In a tiny ice cave, just big enough to hold her. She is curled up in a ball, completely and utterly alone. There is hard ice above her, beneath her, in her... Her fingers are frosting over. Fox rubs her hand's together, but it causes the brittle ice to shatter. Her hands are gone. And at the same time, she is with her brother and that other redhead. They are dying. Over and over and over and over again. First brother kills the redhead, then she kills him, and then, they both die by Fox's hand. The grief and sadness overwhelms her. Fox watches as these things happen, but they mean nothing to her. All that matters is the pain that it causes.

Fox continued to convulse on the ground, but then she seemed to relax, without relaxing. She stopped shaking, but her body was still taut with tension. 

Fox feels one of the scenes becoming less vivid. It's as if it is fading away... as if it had never happened. It is gone. Then, the other two scenes become darker, as if someone turned out some of the lights, but her torment from them increases. Fox's eyes flutter open for a moment, unfocused, but open. She opens her mouth to take in a deep breath of air, but it turns into a precursor gasp to the scream that immediately leaps from her lips, a free newsletter of agony for all to read.