The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

18 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Baalhan reaches deep into his mind and senses the weakness of his friend. He directs one of his arrows to fall from the aether before Nathrangking. A glowing arrow appears before Nathrangking.

I see an arrow appear before me. I struggle and manage to grab hold of it. In a flash divine power rushes through me. I straighten up and my body loses its dying glow as my light is restored the arrow vanishes and I am rejuvenated.

Fadran turns to his friends. "Alright, before I head on in and face... whoever it is, I need to tell you guys what the plan is and stuff, just in case I... y'know... die."

20 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Give me a moment to commune with my allies?" Fadran asks. "If it's potentially to the death, then I would like to say a few words. If you could summon Eric for this as well, that would be appreciated."

@DramaQueen @Spren of Kindness @Enter a username @Mist @Vapor @Condensation @Nathrangking @AonEne @The_Truthwatcher @Hentient @Negative_Null

"Very well," says the illusion of Aridith. In a flash of black light, Eric appears.

29 minutes ago, The_Truthwatcher said:

And what's up with Jeremy's dad?

You'll see. :ph34r:

22 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Very well," says the illusion of Aridith. In a flash of black light, Eric appears.

Time to tag everybody.

"It is imperative that you guys get out of here as soon as possible; especially if I lose. @Enter a username has built a spaceship--yeah, just casually--and plans to do some fancy science stuff to buy us time. Once we're inside the wormhole thing that he's making, someone needs to make a portal to... well, anywhere, but preferably the Cosmere. It's important that this portal is not a result of their power alone; get @DramaQueen to enhance your powers, have @Spren of Kindness do whatever it is she can do to use Investiture, maybe have @Nathrangking either enchance your powers or create a magic smokescreen. In order to get out of here, you need to provide Magical Ambiguity to make you difficult to track, and offer more time to get through the portal before the mimes block it. If you can't help with the portal, than just do other random stuff; make yourselves a hotspot of magical activity, so you're hard to track."

He looks around at everybody. "And, I..." His voice catches.

Who'd I miss...

@Mist, @Condensation, @Vapor, @xinoehp512, @Hentient, @Negative_Null, @AonEne

@The_Truthwatcher

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

In T's (and Ember's) magic system, strong Fielders can teleport. T was only barely able to. I can bring this in, or not. T will still be out for a while if she does this, despite Queen's enhancing. If you want me to keep this out, I'm perfectly fine with that. 

T goes in for a group hug, starting to tear up. Ember comes in too, more hesitantly. 

Edited by Mist

22 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"It is imperative that you guys get out of here as soon as possible; especially if I lose. @Enter a username has built a spaceship--yeah, just casually--and plans to do some fancy science stuff to buy us time. Once we're inside the wormhole thing that he's making, someone needs to make a portal to... well, anywhere, but preferably the Cosmere. It's important that this portal is not a result of their power alone; get @DramaQueen to enhance your powers, have @Spren of Kindness do whatever it is she can do to use Investiture, maybe have @Nathrangking either enchance your powers or create a magic smokescreen. In order to get out of here, you need to provide Magical Ambiguity to make you difficult to track, and offer more time to get through the portal before the mimes block it. If you can't help with the portal, than just do other random stuff; make yourselves a hotspot of magical activity, so you're hard to track."

@The_Truthwatcher

Wise decision.Who knows how good Aridith's word is.

On 8/9/2020 at 9:47 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Black sparks flash as the feeble remnants of the shredded spell struggle to pull themselves together. For just a moment, a spine-tingling giggle echoes in the chamber.

Aridith smiles. "Very well," he says. "I accept."

In a snap of his fingers, black dust pours in from the shadows, forming into vines twisting about his person. Aridith sits down, and the vines twist into a chair beneath him.

"Name your champion," he says, a black glimmer in his eye.

@Nathrangking

(also @Condensation, there's some action for ya)

AAAAAAAAAAAH many thanks I love suspense and I'm now on the edge of my seat. No way I'm getting back into my book now :)

"Ok, I'm back!"

I'm holding a cup on a platter

"This is a pick me up we sometimes use. It's a mix of some minor stimulant herbs and stuff like that. Should help your alertness, increase your stamina. It's also supposed to induce connection to magical effects. I don't know if I believe that myself, and I know it's probably not that great of a help, but I figure you need every edge you can get."

Edited by Negative_Null

3 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

@The_Truthwatcher

3 hours ago, Mist said:

T goes in for a group hug, starting to tear up. Ember comes in too, more hesitantly. 

2 hours ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Kindness joins the hug, glow flickering.

Vapor steps up. "We're not leaving without you," she says as she joins the hug.

I don't want to quote Star Wars, but "I've got a bad feeling about this," and also "It's a trap!"  Ooh, to see how much the king wants this you could make Vapor's parents, her grandparents, me, and whoever else you want. If he agrees too readily, he's planning something. If he doesn't do it, refuse to participate and see what happens. If he's reluctant but he does it, you're probably fine, but keep an eye on him anyway.

Wait-we still don't know who Fadran's going to be forced to fight. What if it's one of us? Are we allowed to decline? I don't think Fadran was. Do you think it'll be Eric?

I just started ANOTHER new page. You're supposed to say flame on, right?

Edited by Condensation