The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"A contest of champions?" Fadran thinks back to the strange feeling from earlier. "Give me some context; what exactly is going on?"

"Your friend has proposed this contest on his own freedom," said Aridith. "Win, and he walks free. Lose, and he becomes mine." He leaned forwards. "Either way, you and your friends will be allowed to depart in peace."

11 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"Your friend has proposed this contest on his own freedom," said Aridith. "Win, and he walks free. Lose, and he becomes mine." He leaned forwards. "Either way, you and your friends will be allowed to depart in peace."

"What are the terms of this contest?"

8 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Kindness cringes.  "Er, Fadran, I hope you have a really good plan."

"I... don't. Yet."

I'll be gone for a little while (a few hours or so).

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"What are the terms of this contest?"

"You will fight until one of you is rendered incapable of fighting further," said Aridith. "To the death, if needs be; while it is not encouraged, neither is it prohibited." 

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You will fight until one of you is rendered incapable of fighting further," said Aridith. "To the death, if needs be; while it is not encouraged, neither is it prohibited." 

Short time frame for posting (yay!)

"I see. And who am I facing?"

55 minutes ago, Mist said:

Aaaah! :o

Fadran has an emergency backup system in case he dies. It isn't a preferable emergency backup system, but it exists.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Aridith snapped his fingers, and a white portal popped into existence.

"Your opponent awaits through there," he said simply.

Ooh, suspense.

"Give me a moment to commune with my allies?" Fadran asks. "If it's potentially to the death, then I would like to say a few words. If you could summon Eric for this as well, that would be appreciated."

Oh goodness, let's see if I remember everyone...

Forgot Negative_Null. I feel bad now.

@DramaQueen @Spren of Kindness @Enter a username @Mist @Vapor @Condensation @Nathrangking @AonEne @The_Truthwatcher @Hentient @Negative_Null

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Well Baalhan is with Aridith, but...

I float into the room and stop where my friends are assembled before the king. It is taking the majority of my strength to remain conscious, but I manage.

Edited by Nathrangking

Halia drops her stupid royal illusion, and her elantrian features become apparent. It wasn’t working anyway. “I can help. I can heal you if you’re hurt,” Halia hesitates “am I allowed to come?” 

Edited by Hentient

19 minutes ago, Hentient said:

Halia drops her stupid royal illusion, and her elantrian features become apparent. It wasn’t working anyway. “I can help. I can heal you if you’re hurt,” Halia hesitates “am I allowed to come?” 

Alas you cannot. Though the characters don't yet know that no one, but the champions may be involved in the contest.

@xinoehp512

3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:
3 minutes ago, Nathrangking said:

Alas you cannot. Though the characters don't yet know that no one, but the champions may be involved in the contest.

Whoops. Guess I metagamed a bit. We can retcon that to later once it gets explained

47 minutes ago, Mist said:

"Good luck, Fadran! Hey! Nathrangking! You're awake! Are we allowed to help?"

Indeed I have returned. As far as this contest of champions. I laid it out earlier. The quick version is that Fadran and the other Champion must fight alone. No one is allowed to interfere in the battle. The side that receives help forfeits the win. My character would not have that knowledge. 

Nathrangking mutters something weakly.

@Mist

Edited by Nathrangking

Baalhan reaches deep into his mind and senses the weakness of his friend. He directs one of his arrows to fall from the aether before Nathrangking. A glowing arrow appears before Nathrangking.

I see an arrow appear before me. I struggle and manage to grab hold of it. In a flash divine power rushes through me. I straighten up and my body loses its dying glow as my light is restored the arrow vanishes and I am rejuvenated.