The Fellowship of the Thing - I'm bored. Let's mess around! (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

38 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

"You'll be allowed to watch," said the king. "There will be a safe area provided for your viewing pleasure."

"Pleasure?" Vapor asks. "Who is he going to fight?"

4 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Wait-we still don't know who Fadran's going to be forced to fight. What if it's one of us? Are we allowed to decline? I don't think Fadran was. Do you think it'll be Eric?

Ooh maybe

Queen had been standing in shock, unsure of what was going on. Suddenly, she ran and joined the group hug, tears glistening in her eyes.

"I hadn't felt like I belonged anywhere before I met you guys. If we don't all survive, I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good. Fadran, I doubt I ever would have figured my abilities out if it hadn't been for you, and I know there's still a lot that I don't know. You had better make it out alive, or I'll kill you. Yes, I realize that's redundant, but I don't care."

Sorry!! I've been gone for a while and I just got back. Aaaaa this is scary. No one dies, right??

26 minutes ago, DramaQueen said:

Queen had been standing in shock, unsure of what was going on. Suddenly, she ran and joined the group hug, tears glistening in her eyes.

"I hadn't felt like I belonged anywhere before I met you guys. If we don't all survive, I don't know what I'll do, but it won't be good. Fadran, I doubt I ever would have figured my abilities out if it hadn't been for you, and I know there's still a lot that I don't know. You had better make it out alive, or I'll kill you. Yes, I realize that's redundant, but I don't care."

"I won't die, okay? I wouldn't want my eleventh favorite killing me."

Fadran? Icona asks, voice choked. Are you... metagaming?

Yes. Fadran replies. Totally intentionally, though.

Okay. The Guardian Deity of the Iconar Collective sobbed.

Sorry!! I've been gone for a while and I just got back. Aaaaa this is scary. No one dies, right??

Ummm... we'll see.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I won't die, okay? I wouldn't want my eleventh favorite killing me."

Fadran? Icona asks, voice choked. Are you... metagaming?

Yes. Fadran replies. Totally intentionally, though.

Okay. The Guardian Deity of the Iconar Collective sobbed.

Oh, poor Icona!

Just now, DramaQueen said:

Oh, poor Icona!

I actually don't have a character for him yet, so this RP is basically a testing ground for my book. Same for Fadran--I knew I wanted him to be a Hoidlike self-insert, but I didn't know how.

Sniffing, Fadran pulls out of the hug. "Alright, guys. I'll... do my thing, now."

Aight

Let's get kraken

With a deep breath, Fadran took a step towards the portal. Before entering, though, he looked down at his Channelblade.

A guiding voice. Icona rehearsed, still slightly choked. A voice from the light beyond the darkness.

Let the Order live on. Fadran concluded.

He walked through the portal.

@xinoehp512

48 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

With a deep breath, Fadran took a step towards the portal. Before entering, though, he looked down at his Channelblade.

A guiding voice. Icona rehearsed, still slightly choked. A voice from the light beyond the darkness.

Let the Order live on. Fadran concluded.

He walked through the portal.

@xinoehp512

He stepped through into a large white room with mirrors running along the sides. At the far end of the hall sat Baalhan and Aridith on their thrones- one of glimmering sapphire, the other of twisting, shadowy vines.

In the middle of the room, directly facing Fadran, a red holed stood with a sword in his hands. Made of steel with veins of azure worked into it, it radiated power. Black lightning sparked down its length every couple of seconds, nicely complementing the pair of dark rings in his eyes.

The champions have both arrived, called a voice from up high on one of the walls. As champion of Baalhan, God of War, Channelknight Fadran.

Behind Fadran, the image of the throne room faded away as the portal moved to the viewing room behind the one-way glass.

As champion of Aridith, King holed and Emperor of the Multiverse, Jaxevist Ceressian.

Black sparks flickered down the red's blade.

As this is a duel between champions, the voice continued, interference will not be permitted. Accepting unauthorized assistance will result in disqualification. Other than that, anything goes. I, as arbiter, will resolve any disputes that may arise. My word is final. Do you understand?

Across from Fadran, Jaxevist gave a sharp nod.

@Channelknight Fadran

FYI, the arbiter is Jared. I was going to write up something about it, but it didn't really come out very well :P. @Nathrangking, I hope Baalhan would be fine having a mime as arbiter?

@Nathrangking

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

He stepped through into a large white room with mirrors running along the sides. At the far end of the hall sat Baalhan and Aridith on their thrones- one of glimmering sapphire, the other of twisting, shadowy vines.

In the middle of the room, directly facing Fadran, a red holed stood with a sword in his hands. Made of steel with veins of azure worked into it, it radiated power. Black lightning sparked down its length every couple of seconds, nicely complementing the pair of dark rings in his eyes.

The champions have both arrived, called a voice from up high on one of the walls. As champion of Baalhan, God of War, Channelknight Fadran.

Behind Fadran, the image of the throne room faded away as the portal moved to the viewing room behind the one-way glass.

As champion of Aridith, King holed and Emperor of the Multiverse, Jaxevist Ceressian.

Black sparks flickered down the red's blade.

As this is a duel between champions, the voice continued, interference will not be permitted. Accepting unauthorized assistance will result in disqualification. Other than that, anything goes. I, as arbiter, will resolve any disputes that may arise. My word is final. Do you understand?

Across from Fadran, Jaxevist gave a sharp nod.

@Channelknight Fadran

@Nathrangking

Fadran swallows, then nods.

What do red holed do again? Blue are mind-controllers, orange are super stronk, and, uh...

Uh...

That's the extent of my memory.

8 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Then let the duel begin, announced Jared.

What's the plan? Icona asked.

Plan? Fadran asked in return. You think I have a plan? I'm just winging this!

Defensive, offensive? Icona muses. Come on. You led a battalion with that one guy! You should have some tactics knowledge in that overly thick noggin of yours!

On a hundred-soldier scale! Fadran replies. Not one-on-one. Whatever, just... quiet. I'll take care of this.

With a deep breath through the nose, he Forges a Spirit Bond to the earthen floor in front of him (I'm assuming it's earth; you didn't specify). He falls into a stance, holding his Channelblade before him.

"This is for you, guys." He says to no one in particular.

Edit: So, Channelblades have a unique ability of preventing magical healing. We can choose to ignore that for the sake of this battle (because magical healing in the Iconar Collective is very complicated), or we could use it as an equalizing factor between Fadran and Jaxevist to keep things ability-based (no magical red holed healing).

Edited by Channelknight Fadran