AonEne

Feature Implementation   

32 members have voted

1. 1. At the moment districts are mostly flavor; they don’t change anything about your gameplay. Do you want to implement a system where tributes get bonuses on rolls for actions relating to their district?

• I would want to do that
    • I would not want to do that

Just now, Sorana said:

If I can reach the fruit, I carefully pluck one, not touching the fruit or plant with my bare fingers. Instead I use my jacket as in between. If it works, I pluck another one.

You pluck two of the fruits. 

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

When I see the box I look up, slowly walk over, again checking for traps. I try to see if it's one of those the sponsors send us tributes.

It is very clearly not one of the sponsor boxes, being that it's made of wood and seems to be some form of puzzle box. You can see that there's a pattern on the front that can be shifted around.

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

It is very clearly not one of the sponsor boxes, being that it's made of wood and seems to be some form of puzzle box. You can see that there's a pattern on the front that can be shifted around.

Before I touch the box, I carefully smell the fruit, then take a small bite, try to determine if it's edible. If it is, I eat one, pluck another one and then try to open the box. If it isn't... I suppose I don't get around to opening the box anymore.

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Before I touch the box, I carefully smell the fruit, then take a small bite, try to determine if it's edible. If it is, I eat one, pluck another one and then try to open the box. If it isn't... I suppose I don't get around to opening the box anymore.

The fruit, despite the odd smell it gives off, is entirely edible. You don't feel the best after being overheated and then stuffing yourself, but you manage (barely) to keep the food down. You shift a few of the panels and press the middle button. It flashes red for a second a voice comes out of unseen speakers. "Two tries remaining. Have a nice day!"

1 minute ago, Invocation said:

The fruit, despite the odd smell it gives off, is entirely edible. You don't feel the best after being overheated and then stuffing yourself, but you manage (barely) to keep the food down. You shift a few of the panels and press the middle button. It flashes red for a second a voice comes out of unseen speakers. "Two tries remaining. Have a nice day!"

I gag when I force myself to eat, but the thought that I have to flee back into the desert leaving the food behind is a strong motivator.

Two tried remaining. It's a threat and who knows if I really have two tries remaining or not. Still I try again. If I fail, I could use this box as a trap for others.

Just now, Sorana said:

Two tried remaining. It's a threat and who knows if I really have two tries remaining or not. Still I try again. If I fail, I could use this box as a trap for others.

On your second try, you shift pieces around a few times, looking at it from a couple angles. It looks almost right...and then you spot it. You shift a piece of darker wood down slightly and the whole array clicks into place. The box pops open. Inside you find two rings of uncertain composition.

Just now, Invocation said:

On your second try, you shift pieces around a few times, looking at it from a couple angles. It looks almost right...and then you spot it. You shift a piece of darker wood down slightly and the whole array clicks into place. The box pops open. Inside you find two rings of uncertain composition.

I take them out and take a closer look at them. I close the box again.

Just now, Invocation said:

The moment you slip the bronze-ish one, a bronze sword spirals out of it, coming to a rest in your palm. Barely even you have time to react to that before the silvery one tugs you towards the cave entrance.

I stare at the sword in surprise and then carefully switch the rings, so that I hold the sword with my right hand and the silvery one is on my left hand. Then I slowly step towards the cave entrance.

@kenod

2 hours ago, Invocation said:

As you stumble along the cave systems, you see light ahead and the heat begins to increase.

I blink at the sudden light and stay back, trying to hide in the darkness, trying to see what's the source of the light, and if there's anything important in that direction.

6 hours ago, John Flamesinger said:

John pokes his head out of the tunnel into the snow plains.

"Coat? Please?"

He knew this was just going to annoy the ruth out of them, but honestly he was just getting bored. He had never been patient. At least he wasn't bored enough to head to the center; the lack of cannons signified the bloodbath wasn't over.

1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

You are the game makers, correct? :)

Yes. What do you need?

John: 

As you look out over the snowy landscape before you, you notice the wind beginning to pick up. Snow begins to fall from unseen clouds, whirling about. It appears to be the start of some sort of storm.

By the way, I'd also like to apologise for not responding as quickly as I could have for the past few days. Trying to balance my activities and whatnot.

2 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

John: 

As you look out over the snowy landscape before you, you notice the wind beginning to pick up. Snow begins to fall from unseen clouds, whirling about. It appears to be the start of some sort of storm.

Sorry- I just noticed that various people needed the game makers. Thank you for responding- I hope I didn't annoy you.

7 hours ago, AonEne said:

“Annoy the Ruth” 

Referring to, of course, The Universe and some of the language used by the Gathen.

2 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

John: 

I poke my head out of the tunnel again and get blasted by a gush of cold wind.

"Shoot," I mutter, as I am forced to retreat back into the tunnel, making sure I have my hammer ready in case I come across another tribute.

Edited by John Flamesinger
Clarifing which post I was quoting. I like trains.

6 hours ago, kenod said:

I blink at the sudden light and stay back, trying to hide in the darkness, trying to see what's the source of the light, and if there's anything important in that direction.

The light looks like natural light, and you can hear a vague crunching noise from just out of view. There's nothing important you can see, but the other option is turning around and going back into the caves.

3 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

I tap speed and smack Rashek in the back of the head with the metal tipped ends before he can react.

You blur over to Rashek and swing your staff, caving in the back half of his head.

Big dead. Rolled an 18. I switch dice sets and suddenly everything kicks into overcharge.

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

No. There's nothing down there that would give off enough sound of his movement unless he was intentionally being loud, unlike you up there in the desert with the crunchy sand.

I'd like to send Kenod a parachute- right outside the cave entrance he's at. If someone could roll for what I can send, that would be great. Unless I'm supposed to roll for myself? I'm not very clear on how this works...

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

14 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

He had a sword, the bow (with like 2 arrows left unless you care to scavenge), and a spent pewtermind. I think that's everything,

6 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Alright so I rolled a 10 for your drop. That's pretty much below the level it would take to get anything good, but you might be able to send him a mediocre weapon or some small supplies.

A silver box with a parachute attached, floated down from the sky, landing in front of the entrance that Kenod had found and reflecting some of the sunlight into the tunnel.

Simple tools... could I give them, say, an empty feruchemical iron ring?