AonEne

Feature Implementation   

32 members have voted

1. 1. At the moment districts are mostly flavor; they don’t change anything about your gameplay. Do you want to implement a system where tributes get bonuses on rolls for actions relating to their district?

• I would want to do that
    • I would not want to do that

I begin to climb down, realizing that with the cold I could never hang there for very long. I look to the sky, hoping I have a sponsor.

"A coat would be useful right now," I call out, knowing that there won't be any silver parachutes for me. I readjust my grip on my hammer, and duck just inside the tunnel.

You said you had a secret plan... hmmmmm… you could only send a bomb on a 19 or 20 though, so I think I'm safe. Ene hasn't responded yet, so I'm just waiting for a chance to shoot again. Might as well open it.

Holding my shield in front of me in case the package is aggressive, I open the box.

Hmmm.... Kill Ene, save Po, send her off to hunt Sorana? Maybe, but I don't think she's in any state to fight, even if I bandage her. Also, no guarantee that Po won't attack me. Giving Po a chance for revenge is a good storyline though.

Don't kill Ene, save Po, send them both to hunt Sorana? Could work. I already shot twice at Ene though, so not sure how they'll take that

Don't kill Ene, save Po, team? Maybe. Against this: I'm favored to win alone anyways, and if it comes down to just us three, Ene and Po will definitely kill me first.

Kill them both? Probably the best choice for winning. Also, I can steal Sorana's kill to put my count at 4.

Also, John Flamesinger is still hanging around the mountain, and I can kill him too.

26 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

you see a note written in a spidery hand.  It says, “help her, and you get a one time sponsorship, make the right choice”

This counts as one of your "communicate with your tribute" uses. You now only have one left.

12 hours ago, Sorana said:

Exhausted I drop to my knees, a whimper escaping my lips when I stare at the knife. Looking up I stare at the sky, at the cameras watching me. A show. If I deliver a good show I will live longer. I've heard stories of the brave, of those fighting or killing themselves. Of those leaving messages. Staring at my bloody knife I know that I am too weak. I broke, I gave in. Sobs wrack my body and I bend forward hug myself. For a little while I allow myself a short moment of respite, then, as I still can see the others, I force myself to get back to my feet after a while, stumble in another direction and start searching for water. I try to get of sight, and keep an eye on the figures. I don't want to be backstabbed myself.

@Rushu42 @Invocation

could you please answer? Sorry I really don't want to stress you, so if you don't have the time it's perfectly fine.

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

Exhausted I drop to my knees, a whimper escaping my lips when I stare at the knife. Looking up I stare at the sky, at the cameras watching me. A show. If I deliver a good show I will live longer. I've heard stories of the brave, of those fighting or killing themselves. Of those leaving messages. Staring at my bloody knife I know that I am too weak. I broke, I gave in. Sobs wrack my body and I bend forward hug myself. For a little while I allow myself a short moment of respite, then, as I still can see the others, I force myself to get back to my feet after a while, stumble in another direction and start searching for water. I try to get of sight, and keep an eye on the figures. I don't want to be backstabbed myself.

You manage to get far enough that you can no longer see the other tributes. You find so sign of water, however. All around you is sand. If you squint into the distance, though, the sand seems to change a bit. There's a faint shimmer on the horizon.

9 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

You manage to get far enough that you can no longer see the other tributes. You find so sign of water, however. All around you is sand. If you squint into the distance, though, the sand seems to change a bit. There's a faint shimmer on the horizon.

I continue to keep my eyes open for a potential water supply of anything that looks differently from sand. Then I continue on towards the horizon.

20 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

From this distance, the arrow once more misses, although it takes a piece of her clothing with it.

I watch the arrow miss. It's almost as if I've never shot a bow before-oh, wait, I haven't. That doesn't stop me from nocking another arrow and sending it at @AonEne's head. Third time's the charm, right?

This is a lethal attack.

It's a term from tabletop games, I think it's originally from DnD? Basically, if you had a task that had no bad effect when failing it and you had a lot of time and no interruptions you could always just continue performing the action until you rolled the highest possible number, and then just go with that. IIRC taking 20 was basically the DM acknowledging this and just performing the action once with the highest possible roll (20) so the group didn't need to wait for ten minutes until you finally rolled that 20.

In this case I used it because it seemed like you would basically just continue to attack Ene with lethal attacks until one finally worked and killed her without any character trying to stop your character.