Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

Another of Jacien's alert fabrials started flashing. He paused for just a moment, trying to decide what to do. The waiter suddenly killed someone, and Jacien felt rage boiling up in him. He instinctively sucked in a bit of stormlight and division activated, burning his handprints into the table. 

He remembered when that had happened for the first time. Asking the Nightwatcher for the power to destroy those who hurt without care. People who killed without concern or mercy. People like the Skybreaker who had killed his sister.

People like this man.

Jacien sucked in stormlight, driving off his exhaustion and charged the Waiter, screaming a battle cry. He (attempted to) engaged with his swords, spinning his swords and slashing for weak points, and preferably avoiding getting hit by the blowtorch.

Edited by Sunbringer

This might not be proof, but this might help. 

Mistborn 1 spoilers 

Spoiler

When Vin yanked the metalminfs out of the lord ruler, he aged forward a lot, but his arms didn’t heal. In the time it would take to age that long, it would be healed, but he didn’t. 

So sorry, I don’t think that’s how it works.

13 hours ago, Sunbringer said:

Thanks!

The Waiter, still burning pewter, pushed Lusk off, and avoided Jacien's blades. Then he cracked his knuckles, and ran, not towards Lusk, not towards Jacien, towards the bartender, and shoved the flaming blowtorch towards his face.
@I think I am here.@Sunbringer@Invocation

51 minutes ago, Arky-boi said:

The Waiter, still burning pewter, pushed Lusk off, and avoided Jacien's blades. Then he cracked his knuckles, and ran, not towards Lusk, not towards Jacien, towards the bartender, and shoved the flaming blowtorch towards his face.

Malu ducked to the side, snagging his brass knuckles from their hiding place under the bar and slipping them on in one smooth motion, Stormlight filling his body from his vest's gemstones.

KalRoon entered behind the masked woman. “Are you ready?”

Aleva whipped around. “Who are you?”

Oh, right. KalRoon morphed his vocal cords, then spoke again. “It’s me. Are you ready?”

Aleva let out a breath. “You rusting jerk,” she said, smirking. “Gather as many people as possible.” She turned away. “Again,” she called. “All who are able, please come to the City of Oasis. We will meet outside the gates.” She thought for a moment, then said, “It will pay very, very well.”

1 hour ago, Arky-boi said:

As the waiter started running from him Jacien leaped forward, grabbing for the man’s arm and activating division.

5 hours ago, Arky-boi said:

Sometimes, there are new cubes. Cubes you make. New developments.

Lusk activated his stormlight cube.

Tempests and light flowed through him, healed him. He hadn’t able to direct it into surges yet, but it was enough for now.

As the waiter ran towards the bartender Lusk threw two cubes towards the waiter. A Duralumin and a Soother cube. The two working in unison would completely deplete emotion within range.

I know it's been dealt with for now, but here is an argument taking into account Sun, of why it would work. Enjoy.

Spoiler

It’s a little hard to explain since it can end up sounding pretty complicated. It isn’t. So long as you don’t think about it only half way for too long.

We are in agreeance that if a person went from age five to age twenty five, then they would grow accordingly. They would get taller and subsequently have their body develop to where it would in the future be in adulthood. But what would they physically be like? How would that be determined? Simple. Through what Itiah calls extrapolation. The body would basically estimate where it would be in the future. So a cut they had at age five, would have long healed at age twenty five.

In the case of Lord Ruler, Sun forgot the fact that he put in the metalminds at his base age. Because he never spent time at his base age afterwards, they were never removed before his base age and therefore would not have healed. Sorry if that is too confusing.

Atium is not a time machine. You can’t go back in time and create a paradox to your own body. If you have your ears pierced when you’re fifteen, but tap till the age you got them pierced and remove your earrings, you still will have pierced ears. It doesn’t change what happened to that extent. It’s different.

If someone stabs you, no matter the age, you will bleed.  That’s life. You can’t not bleed just because it didn’t happen when you were five. A mini paradox is formed. What happens? Either you would still be bleeding when reverted to base age or you wouldn’t, unharmed if you went back in time, with a mark if you just went forward. Itiah and I believe it’s the second. I don’t know his exact logic, but mine is back to the idea of extrapolation from before. You do physically change to where you will be or were at that point. Hopefully we agree on that. I think that if you grow or shrink, it logically makes sense that what happened to you does as well.

Yes, this does mean that Atium Ferrings are stronger than most people would think. But it doesn’t make them immortal. They still will be injured any time they ever go back to that age or point. If injured at base age, they will be hurt when not tapping or storing. Their abilities don’t make them immortal.

The Waiter kept walking forward, letting the man grab him, but tapping gold to counter the effects. The duralumin burned all his pewter quickly, but it also eliminated the abilities of the Soother quickly, and he was able to ignore it before then. He kept walking forwards, the cackle continuing even when he was emotionless, and reached Malu. He drank another thing of pewter, burned it, and ripped his arm free of Jacien. Both arms rapidly moved towards the bartender, one holding a blowtorch, the other now holding a knife, ripped from his belt.

@Invocation

Just now, Jaywalk said:

Nael and Sam walked up to the doors of the tavern, then stopped. “Guess things haven’t calmed down since we left,” Nael said, listening through the door.

@Steel Inquisitive

"It would be boring if it had," Sam grunted. She opened the door taking in the scene before her. "Ummm..... Wow. After you Nael."

13 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:

"It would be boring if it had," Sam grunted. She opened the door taking in the scene before her. "Ummm..... Wow. After you Nael."

He summoned his Shardblade. “Should we try to help out?”