Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

6 hours ago, Silva said:

“You're only forty six," she said. "Why did you say earlier that you were on your deathbed?" She looked away awkwardly. "Unless that's too personal a question..."

“Well, for one, look at me now. I’m not exactly model in terms of health, especially since I relied so much on my previous ages I never bothered to take care of my current one. And also...”

There was another reason. Another bullet, another gun. Just one point to the head, it’ll all be over. And the world wouldn’t have to put up with him anymore. The best 50th birthday yet.

“Also nothing. Any other questions you want to pry into my life with?”

38 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Also nothing. Any other questions you want to pry into my life with?”

There was something more he wasn't saying. She let it be and simply smiled.

"I've got one more," she said. "But it's even more private, so I won't ask."

She tried to smooth away some flyaways. Like always, her hair refused to cooperate and they bouced back the moment she let go of them. 

Edited by Silva

12 hours ago, Silva said:

“I've got one more," she said. "But it's even more private, so I won't ask."

That piqued Lusk’s curiosity. He doubted anything could get more private than the last question. “What is it? It might not be as private as you think?” Hopefully it wasn’t that dreaded question everyone asked him: “why are you so grumpy?” He hated when that question got asked. “Come on now, I might even answer it.”

Alask exited out of a private parlour, and exited the tavern. He had things he needed to do.

Edited by I think I am here.

13 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

That piqued Lusk’s curiosity. He doubted anything could get more private than the last question. “What is it? It might not be as private as you think?” Hopefully it wasn’t that dreaded question everyone asked him: “why are you so grumpy?” He hated when that question got asked. “Come on now, I might even answer it.”

"Just remember you asked for it." She let her gaze drift to watch the others in the building. "You came in here to drink. From my admittedly not large experience, people do it to temporarily forget things. What were you trying to forget?"

1 hour ago, Silva said:

"Just remember you asked for it." She let her gaze drift to watch the others in the building. "You came in here to drink. From my admittedly not large experience, people do it to temporarily forget things. What were you trying to forget?"

Lusk smiled. “If I wanted to forget something, I can always order amnesiacs from my GB underlings. I don’t drink to forget. I drink ‘cause I like drinking. Even when I was your age I was drinking. It’s fun.”

He rubbed his eyes again. “What, you think I’ve got some sort of trauma I want to hide? Not everyone has things like that, Freedom Acute.”

10 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Lusk smiled. “If I wanted to forget something, I can always order amnesiacs from my GB underlings. I don’t drink to forget. I drink ‘cause I like drinking. Even when I was your age I was drinking. It’s fun.”

He rubbed his eyes again. “What, you think I’ve got some sort of trauma I want to hide? Not everyone has things like that, Freedom Acute.”

Could. Not would. Freedom noted the difference, though didn't mention it.

"In a world like this, it's hard not to," she said, nodding towards the man who had entered. She remembered now where she'd heard of him. Mejin had told her about a waiter in DIDGERIDOO as a way to warn her of the dangers of Alleycity. As it had sounded so outlandish she'd thought it exaggerated. Apparently ir wasn't. 

9 hours ago, Arky-boi said:

A light smell of smoke filled the tavern. Cackling echoed, then the back wall burst into flames and fell in. The Waiter stepped in. "I'm baack."

@Invocation

"Sweet storming Almighty, man, can't you just use the rusting door? It's there for a reason! You may be a serial killer, but that doesn't mean you have to be rude! Now I'm going to have to spend time fixing that wall."

8 hours ago, Silva said:

Could. Not would. Freedom noted the difference, though didn't mention it.

"In a world like this, it's hard not to," she said, nodding towards the man who had entered. She remembered now where she'd heard of him. Mejin had told her about a waiter in DIDGERIDOO as a way to warn her of the dangers of Alleycity. As it had sounded so outlandish she'd thought it exaggerated. Apparently ir wasn't. 

Lusk followed her eyes, and looked to the waiter who’d entered, the smell of smoke prominent.

He looked to her again. “Homework. Excerise a bit, so next time you age you’re strong. I’ll be back here in maybe a couple days.”

He got up and aged to thirty, then tapped the Waiter on the shoulder. “You want to fight outside? You seem like an easy one to beat.”

The Waiter's grin spread. His lips started bleeding as they spread. He tapped pewter and kicked Lusk in the groin, turning and walking into the tavern. He pulled out a blowtorch, hitting a random customer in the face, killing them.

Just now, Arky-boi said:

Ah, my bad. I didn't know those were NPCs. My fault, I should have asked for clarification instead of making assumptions.

5 hours ago, Sunbringer said:

Jacien walked through the door with several holes in his tunic, slightly singed hair and a bag full of dun gemstones and a couple sticks of dynamite over his shoulder. He sat down at a table, looking exhausted.

"Hey, friend! I know you're tired, but there's a maniac in here right now. Care to help?"

Johnny shuffled into the tavern, exhausted from his day. Surely I can stay here a few more nights and have it pay against my tab—He stopped with a jolt. He’d nearly bumped into the back of a hard-looking woman in a mask who was addressing the bar. He sidestepped her, before tripping over a body and sprawling all over the floor.

Wait—

BODY?!

Johnny scrambled to his feet and stared down in horror at the man. Blistering and boiling skin festered on a gash across his face. His eyes stared vacantly up, a sad, yet strangely unsurprised look on his face. Johnny heaved, but retained his dinner. He looked toward the bartender, and saw him confronting a grinning maniac with a blowtorch. 

Anger, horror, adrenaline and fear coursed through Johnny’s veins, thousands of thoughts mixed with ragged screams ripped at his mind. Johnny’s hands clenched into fists... yet he stood there, frozen. He’d been through a lot today, he had grown, he had learned, but he was no fighter. He had powers—all his worldly possessions and the Portal Gun still in his room testified to that—but he had no control. As much as he hated the loon standing in the center of the room, he didn’t dare take a step forward.

For that, Johnny cursed himself as a coward.

And yet, he hoped with every ounce of will he had that the maniac would turn around and see him.

5 hours ago, Arky-boi said:

The Waiter's grin spread. His lips started bleeding as they spread. He tapped pewter and kicked Lusk in the groin, turning and walking into the tavern. He pulled out a blowtorch, hitting a random customer in the face, killing them.

Lusk swerves to the side before the kick landed its target, though it did nick his leg.

Lusk followed him out the door and aged to a strong, thirty year old man and tried to charge into the waiter. Then, he aged to increase his weight into fat, obese,   27 year old him. Hopefully the man would be crushed.

12 minutes ago, Arky-boi said:

The Waiter grinned, straightening, the strength granted by pewter easily letting him ignore the weight. Then he brought the blowtorch towards Lusk's face.

@I think I am here.

Lusk threw two steel allomancy cubes to the side, attempting to push the blowtorch far out of his grip.

He took out a pewter cube and pressed it against himself, so his pewter counteracted the opponent’s.

Johnny watched the men brawl in the center of the room. The form the fight took surprised him. Walking through Alleycity, he’d expected fights to be flashy, colorful melees with fire and sparks everywhere. But while the blowtorch supplied plenty of both, Johnny saw that “powers” here were a lot less flashy than he thought. The men fought with unseen forces and strengths, throwing around small devices to their advantage while throwing kicks and punches. There were no lasers or acrobatics. Everything was just more... real.

Most importantly, Johnny realized he didn’t have to fight. The guy fighting the maniac seemed plenty capable. Looking around at the rest of the room, Johnny wondered why no one else tried to take down the maniac when he’d just killed someone. 

Maybe they’re scared like me.

Or maybe... this is just Tuesday for them.

Specks I hate this place.

Johnny crept around the edge of the room to a booth and took a tenative seat next to a woman watching the fight. She was admittedly beautiful, which here probably just meant she was dangerous to be near. Nonetheless, Johnny didn’t want to be standing alone in any one part of the room. He tried to make himself look small, scruching into a ball on the seat and watching the fight with anxious eyes.

12 minutes ago, Arky-boi said:

The Waiter, who was flaring pewter, was able to move the blowtorch to the side of Lusk's head, so that the steel was just pushing it towards his skull, still flamin.

@I think I am here.

Lusk angled his head to miss the flame but the metal part of the weapon still hit him square in the face and and he toppled over.

Immediately he aged to 3 years older and the wound healed, his nose looking like it had been broken and reset a long time ago.

Turning around he tried to grab onto the blowtorch and took out us signature weapon. A single cube, tailored to his Feruchemy. He leaped forward, uncaring for any injury and tried his best to get the cube to touch the waiter’s skin.

If it did, the waiter would go younger by about eight years.

I love this cube.