Odd Job Tavern

Invocation

Johnny watched in horror as the man’s bloody face reknitted and the fight resumed.

No no no no no! I can’t shoot him again! I can barely stand and my wrist is broken! Crap, crap, crap crap crap.

Help. He need to help. He had to find some way...

The fires, He had to save the inn. Let the superheroes deal with that guy.

Johnny scrambled over the bar next to where Malu crouched. 

“Malu! We have to save your inn!” Johnny handed him the fire extinguisher that had been in his arms since whenever. He propped a second one on the bar using his good hand and his arm. “We need to start with the fire!”

Just now, The Technovore said:

“Malu! We have to save your inn!” Johnny handed him the fire extinguisher that had been in his arms since whenever. He propped a second one on the bar using his good hand and his arm. “We need to start with the fire!”

"Good idea, but let me take care of that wrist first, it doesn't look so good." Malu sent a directed Progression wave of Stormlight through Johnny. "What...is this thing you've just handed me, anyway?"

Johnny gasped in relief as the pain subsided. 

“Uhm...” Johnny glanced at the instructions. “You uh... you pull out the pin, point the hose at the fire you want to kill, and squeez this metal handle thingy.” He fumbled with it until he managed to sucessfully complete his own instructions. “Yea.”

1 minute ago, The Technovore said:

Johnny gasped in relief as the pain subsided. 

“Uhm...” Johnny glanced at the instructions. “You uh... you pull out the pin, point the hose at the fire you want to kill, and squeez this metal handle thingy.” He fumbled with it until he managed to sucessfully complete his own instructions. “Yea.”

"Okay, then. I guess we just...pick fires and get going?"

I keep trying to end my speaking portions with parentheses. Storm you, programming homework!

K. Thanks.

Jacien attacked furiously, charging over to the waiter, and rammed his sword into him. He did this over and over, stabbing him repeatedly. This man had come on attacking random people, and was now on top of this poor person. Any reservation he had to killing was lost on him.

@Arky-boi

Edited by Sunbringer

Johnny was putting out a flaming table when he heard someone request stormlight.

Stormlight? Stormlight?!

”What the heck’s a stormlight?”

Wait—that was Jacien! He remembered Jacien! He was engaging the maniac with his swords, but his glow was quickly fading.

I need to get him stormlight!

Jacien was forced to throw himself backward off balance. He could heal her, but only if he got close, which there was no guarantee of. He sheathed his swords- they wouldn’t be useful in this close quarters- and drew a dagger. He sucked in the rest of his stormlight, enough to last him a couple more minutes, and charged again.

Ace left the Jack of Clubs, enjoying the rain against his skin. The evening light didn’t burn his sunglasses covered eyes, and he looked at the skyline. That was when he saw the smoke. No. Not again. Burning buildings, DA terrors, and finally fire raining down from the heavens. Ace broke into a run, the screams in his mind and the pain of every step driving him forward. The smoke against the light of dusk was almost beautiful, but for Ace, the most beautiful thing about it was that it was getting closer. He ran down one street, then the next, pushing himself faster and faster. He stopped on the street corner before the building, pausing only to load up Diamonds, then continuing. He reached the building, then smashed through the door, letting out a grunt at both the heat and pain of splinters. The room was full of people, but most of them would be irrelevant. In a city like this most people quickly learned how to leave a burning building. There was only one person he cared about. The one on the ground. The one using a girl like a shield, forcing her into a knife. The screams reached a peak, cutting into his very soul and shredding it. He ripped Diamonds from its holster, then sighted in on the man’s head. He squeezed off one round, then two. The twin cracks ripped through the room. 

@Arky-boi

Edited by Snipexe

Johnny fought fires like he’d never fought anything before. The flames hadn’t caught on the majority of the walls or the second story—at least he hoped it hadn’t—but most of the furniture and fixings were wood, which was a massive problem when there a man dual-weilding blowtorches trying to burn down the place. Johnny scowled at the maniac while he stifled another flaming booth—getting large amounts of foam on a woman trying to mind her business.

Specking lunatics trying to drink their sorrows away when the place is literally burning down around them.

Specking maniac trying to burn the place down.

Specking superheroes for being so incompetent in 5v1 fight.

Johnny threw his empty fire extinguisher onto the growing pile of ones he’d already spent. He watched as a terrified looking man burst into the room and fired his gun at the waiter—who was still using that poor woman as his sheild.

Idiot is going to get her killed! 

Not like he could do any better. He’d gotten lucky with that first shot—the second one would be much more shaky.

Johnny shivered, the adrenaline and stress of the situation taking a major toll on his body, and went back to his task—saving the inn.