Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Era 3!

Bellatrix:

Hide contents

Name: Bellatrix Deathstrike (+500 for awesome name?)

Powers: Epic; Pyrokinesis, can control and create fire (No idea how this ranks), can create a green flame that produces no heat, when it touches someone their eyes become fire and they die, takes twenty seconds of focus, when used leaves her weakened to the point an average five year old could beat her in a fight (10, shardblade but weaker and one use?), can create a wall of golden fire that teleports all who step in, takes a minute of focus, leaves her unable to stand, and if she was tired already it blacks her out (Maybe +10 again?).

Equipment: Firebringers lense, bloodforged (+25).

Appearance

Height: 6 foot

Build: Slender, average muscles

Hair: White, red and orange highlights

Eyes: Violet

Skin: Pale white, large grey patch on her right arm

Clothes: Tight fitting black t-shirt, blue jeans, black-leather gloves, black-leather jacket, tends to do without shoes or socks.

Affiliation: Bloodflame gang

Weaknesses:

Epic: Fear of the cold

Normal: No skill with regular fighting, completely reliant on her powers. Slightly overconfident, letting her fall into traps and the like. Fears her past, and will break down if confronted with it. Hands have a problem making it hard for them to make precise movements. Alcoholic. Suffers from depression.

Skills: Fast runner, flexible.

History: She was born a bastard child, and the mother threw her out on the street. She was raised by a mother whose baby had died, until she was three. That woman was one of the only people ever to be kind to her. The woman never came home. To this day, she doesn't know the woman's fate. She nearly starved before walking out onto the streets. Too young to understand, she was nearly killed twice. Then Calamity rose. She was five, and loved to watch the red in the sky. She continued to live, but one day a cold spell hit the city. It had gotten cold in those two years, but not like this. She had to watch as her hands went blue, purple, huddled in an alleway. The cold became her enemy, and she managed to get into a shelter. But her hands were never the same. Eventually, epics started appearing among the population. And she was one of them. Eventually, she found a way out, to the Alleyverse. She took some of her followers, and left. Living in the streets, she and her followers started a gang, the bloodflame gang. One day, while drinking in an alley, seperate from her gang, a man raped her. This has haunted her ever since. She lived in the Alleyverse for a long time, discovering that her mother, the one who had dumped her on the streets, was a member of the Ghostbloods. She found the woman, and burnt her until she died, taking the skull as a trophy. On the surface, this has left her a carefree, if a bit dark, woman, one who lead a gang. The combination of epic darkness and depression leaves her, truly, as a drunk who smokes too much, one who has trouble with the world. She hates the Ghostbloods with a burning passion, and her research has revealed to her TUBA's part in their creation, so she hates them by affiliation. Her gang is the only group she trusts at all.

Pyrokinesis: Way too broad to score this, limitations, size, temperature and range of control would be nice or just pick an existing fictional pyromancer that I can use as a reference point. Being able to create fire in particular can be insanely powerful depending on what you mean by it. Could they look at Alleycity once and have it instantly turn into a giant pile of ashes?
10-300 points, depending on these limits.

Green flame of Death: Assuming you adhere to the normal limits of a Shardblade (Melee range only, can be blocked by heavily magical interference, etc.) I'd say a 30 points is reasonable for this, the extra time to summon it is unlikely to factor in much. But the weakness afterwards is probably worth some points subtractions, I'll leave that to Archer.

Teleportation: Teleportation is a really rare power in the Reckonerverse, and this is a group portalling ability. The weaknesses help to rank it lower but this is still something pretty powerful, I mean it's essentially a portable Oathgate, think how highly those are valued in SA and how much Investiture they consume. The strategic usefulness of being able to instantly transport a large number of soldiers behind enemy lines is insane. 50 points.

54 minutes ago, Steel Inquisitive said:
  Hide contents

Name: Samantha Howls.

Special Skills/ Powers: Is an Epic that can channel powers from one person to another. (For instance: If you had a coinshot and a aluminum burner you could take the power from the aluminum burner and use it to fuel the coinshot. Assuming they were of equal strengths, you would double the strength of the coinshot.) Needs physical contact to transfer and maintain the power transfer. (She will eventually grow out of the need for physical contact.) She has a knife tucked up each sleeve and she knows how to use them.(Expert.)

Weakness: Epic Weakness: Physical contact with males. She hates feeling like she's being used and will react irrationally if she's suspicions of your intentions. She is often naïve. Easily manipulated.  

Appearance: Tall(6ft) lightly muscled. black hair that hangs in a braid half-way down her back. Blue eyes. Bold nose. 

Family: Mother and younger brother died when she was young. She hated her father who was an alcoholic and abusive.

Backstory: Was abused by her father while growing up. When she gained her powers, she joined with other more powerful Epics who protected her and used her. She moved around a lot.(Alliances with other Epics were often short lived). She was always afraid that a more powerful Epic would kill or imprison her. Eventually She gave up and left the planet all-together. She met some worldhoppers who guided her to Allycity.

Guild: TUBA 

How about now? @Archer

Without physical contact is potentially the kicker here, the limitation of a Nicroburst is that they can only really boost people for a quick moment, in addition another concern would be that this could be construed as the ability to instantly depower people by channelling their power into someone else.

If there is a max limit on the number of people that can be affected even after the need for physical contact is gone, and it's impossible to channel power from someone against their will: 45 points seems reasonable, range and duration gives them a little bit of a boost over a Nicroburst

If they can channel power from someone against their will but still can only affect a limited number of people: 120 points at the least

If they can channel power from someone against their will and don't have a limit on the number of people they can affect at once: 200 points+

11 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Without physical contact is potentially the kicker here, the limitation of a Nicroburst is that they can only really boost people for a quick moment, in addition another concern would be that this could be construed as the ability to instantly depower people by channelling their power into someone else.

If there is a max limit on the number of people that can be affected even after the need for physical contact is gone, and it's impossible to channel power from someone against their will: 45 points seems reasonable, range and duration gives them a little bit of a boost over a Nicroburst

If they can channel power from someone against their will but still can only affect a limited number of people: 120 points at the least

If they can channel power from someone against their will and don't have a limit on the number of people they can affect at once: 200 points+

Option number one! I changed her so that she can't affect people against their will. (Can't even give them power unless they want it.) I was thinking more a power max than a people max.... At full strength (which she's not at now) Maybe Kelsier, Vin, and Elend's power combined? If you consider how powerful they each were in all sixteen metals that would be a lot of power, but not like.... earth shattering. Right now I would put her at half that strength. If she survives long enough (Like a couple of eras probably) She can get to that level. 

Right now combining all of Vin's strengths in the different metals down to a single one would be a considerable amount of raw power.

Thanks for your time and I'm sorry for how complicated this character is! 

I enjoy character analysis greatly and I get to reference my old Epic charts for the first time in a long while so don't be sorry :D

Alright with that I'd put the power itself around a 55 points to be safe. 20 points higher than a Nicroburst due to the ability to maintain it over long periods.
@Archer

Spoiler

Name: Bear Dropper (try to guess his original name :P )

Investiture: Epic power. Can summon a single drop bear within a 10 mile radius. He has no control over the drop bear via his Epic power.

Special skills: He is a drop bear whisperer. They don’t attack him unless he attacks them, and can give rudimentary commands like protect me, cause chaos, and destroy the known universe.

Weakness: Drop bears. When there is a drop bear nearby that he knows about, he can’t summon anymore.

I can iron out his backstory more later, but @Voidus how would you rank his power?

Here are my characters for era 3.

Spoiler

Name: Neil. A

Investiture/Skills: He can hold his own in a fight, and has above average intelligence.

Weakness: Has trouble managing his anger. When he is angry, he finds it hard to focus and often lashes out. Has deep-seated worries about his purpose because of his memory loss.

Physical characteristics: Red hair and purple eyes. Average height. In his early 20’s.

Family: One brother, who may or may not be dead.

Home: Originally from a floating island called Dizeno. No home currently.

Backstory: Neil was only four when his island was destroyed by shadowbirds. His parents (and everyone else he knew) died when the island sank. His brother rescued him, but abandoned him in the Pass of Dreams.

The next thing he remembers is waking up at the edge of a desert, many years older. Driven by a desire he no longer recalls, he journeyed the many miles across the Western Desert, having several adventures along the way. On one of those adventures, he rescued a seon with an unusual ability from the Golems. Using the assistance of the seon, he traveled the remaining miles to the Alleycity.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Name: Daa

Investiture/Skills: Is a seon. Has the ability to “actualize” his aon. Using his aon, he can generate electricity, create a forcefield, and make objects and people fly by “entering” them.

Weakness: Actualizing his aon drains his energy: overusing it could potentially drain him completely.

Physical characteristics: A glowing ball of light with Aon Daa at the center.

Family: One sibling, currently enslaved by the Golems.

Home: The Western Desert.

Backstory: Daa was captured by the Golems at a young age (for a seon, that is). He worked for them for a long time; he lost track of time many years ago. He was rescued by Neil A, and serves him now.

I would put Neil at 30 for Intelligent, 55 for Average at Hand to Hand and Melee weapons training, and 20 for Scholarship. The weakness is probably -10, but I don't really have a metric for that. I have no idea how to score the seon, either, or whether I should count the points towards Neil's total or make him a separate character.

3 hours ago, Voidus said:

Green flame of Death: Assuming you adhere to the normal limits of a Shardblade (Melee range only, can be blocked by heavily magical interference, etc.) I'd say a 30 points is reasonable for this, the extra time to summon it is unlikely to factor in much. But the weakness afterwards is probably worth some points subtractions, I'll leave that to Archer.

I, again, disagree. You're going to use it in battle, that's the best function. And, unlike a shardblade, no massacre capability.

3 hours ago, Voidus said:
5 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Pyrokinesis: Way too broad to score this, limitations, size, temperature and range of control would be nice or just pick an existing fictional pyromancer that I can use as a reference point. Being able to create fire in particular can be insanely powerful depending on what you mean by it. Could they look at Alleycity once and have it instantly turn into a giant pile of ashes?
10-300 points, depending on these limits

She can do anything from a few sparks to engulfing a maybe 7x7 foot area.

Just now, Ark1002 said:

I, again, disagree. You're going to use it in battle, that's the best function. And, unlike a shardblade, no massacre capability.

Again, depends on the differences, not the similarities. Can it be used at range? That's already way more useful than a Shardblade. Does it also need to pierce someone's spine? Or does it kill them by touching them anywhere? Because again that's more powerful than a Shardblade.
It's also immaterial and can't be taken away from you without Hemalurgy.
Regardless, all I can do is rate it as an Epic power, and the ability to indisputably kill someone once a day is pretty powerful.

Up to Archer how much the weaknesses subtract from that.

5 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

She can do anything from a few sparks to engulfing a maybe 7x7 foot area.

Assuming reasonable answers to the other questions (Range within a few hundred feet at most, flames are within normal temperature ranges, etc.) should be around another 50 points.

Total: 130 points
 (Weaknesses of powers have not yet been subtracted)

1 minute ago, Voidus said:
10 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Again, depends on the differences, not the similarities. Can it be used at range? That's already way more useful than a Shardblade. Does it also need to pierce someone's spine? Or does it kill them by touching them anywhere? Because again that's more powerful than a Shardblade.
It's also immaterial and can't be taken away from you without Hemalurgy.
Regardless, all I can do is rate it as an Epic power, and the ability to indisputably kill someone once a day is pretty powerful.

Can only travel about two feet.

1 minute ago, Voidus said:
10 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Assuming reasonable answers to the other questions (Range within a few hundred feet at most, flames are within normal temperature ranges, etc.) should be around another 50 points.

Those assumptions are correct.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Here are my characters for era 3.

Hide contents

Name: Neil. A

Investiture/Skills: He can hold his own in a fight, and has above average intelligence.

Weakness: Has trouble managing his anger. When he is angry, he finds it hard to focus and often lashes out. Has deep-seated worries about his purpose because of his memory loss.

Physical characteristics: Red hair and purple eyes. Average height. In his early 20’s.

Family: One brother, who may or may not be dead.

Home: Originally from a floating island called Dizeno. No home currently.

Backstory: Neil was only four when his island was destroyed by shadowbirds. His parents (and everyone else he knew) died when the island sank. His brother rescued him, but abandoned him in the Pass of Dreams.

The next thing he remembers is waking up at the edge of a desert, many years older. Driven by a desire he no longer recalls, he journeyed the many miles across the Western Desert, having several adventures along the way. On one of those adventures, he rescued a seon with an unusual ability from the Golems. Using the assistance of the seon, he traveled the remaining miles to the Alleycity.

Name: Daa

Investiture/Skills: Is a seon. Has the ability to “actualize” his aon. Using his aon, he can generate electricity, create a forcefield, and make objects and people fly by “entering” them.

Weakness: Actualizing his aon drains his energy: overusing it could potentially drain him completely.

Physical characteristics: A glowing ball of light with Aon Daa at the center.

Family: One sibling, currently enslaved by the Golems.

Home: The Western Desert.

Backstory: Daa was captured by the Golems at a young age (for a seon, that is). He worked for them for a long time; he lost track of time many years ago. He was rescued by Neil A, and serves him now.

I would put Neil at 30 for Intelligent, 55 for Average at Hand to Hand and Melee weapons training, and 20 for Scholarship. The weakness is probably -10, but I don't really have a metric for that. I have no idea how to score the seon, either, or whether I should count the points towards Neil's total or make him a separate character.

I'd treat it like a spren. The way you've set it up here is fine. Good character, not OP. I'll add them. 

22 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Can only travel about two feet. Those assumptions are correct.

From my perspective, Shardblades do a lot of damage. But at least it's a set number you can hope to counter (with a shield, or other blade, or a variety of other means). The Epic power on the other hand is a straight up kill. There's no hope of countering it, making it pretty powerful.

I don't think battle is the best time to use the power. It would be much more effective to teleport to where the victim is when they're not expecting it, kill them, then rest until you're strong enough to escape. Assuming your target doesn't have any friends nearby, you'd get away with it. Or you could just bring friends of your own to help carry you out. Either way, the damage is done. It's just a hard power to counter. 

At this point, I'm looking at taking 20 to 30 off. If it was a power that you needed to use constantly to be effective, it would be different, but you can be effective with this one even with the weakness. 

@JacobClaessen I'll look at it tomorrow. Nag me if I don't get back to you about it. 

Edited by Archer

1 minute ago, Archer said:

I'd treat it like a spren. The way you've set it up here is fine. Good character, not OP. I'll add them. 

From my perspective, Shardblades do a lot of damage. But at least it's a set number you can hope to counter (with a shield, or other blade, or a variety of other means). The Epic power on the other hand is a straight up kill. There's no hope of countering it, making it pretty powerful.

I don't think battle is the best time to use the power. It would be much more effective to teleport to where the victim is when they're not expecting it, kill them, then rest until you're strong enough to escape. Assuming your target doesn't have any friends nearby, you'd get away with it. Or you could just bring friends of your own to help carry you out. Either way, the damage is done. It's just a hard power to counter. 

At this point, I'm looking at taking 20 to 30 off. If it was a power that you needed to use constantly to be effective, it would be different, but you can be effective with this one even with the weakness. 

The energy from teleporting makes it so she can't use the flame, meaning that one doesn't work. And the flame has to make contact, if you block it with a non burnable object you win.

5 minutes ago, JacobClaessen said:

The only difference is that it gives 79% of Shardplate strength enhancement. He has to pull power through the Dor (which is incredibly tiring and difficult when in the suit) to even reach 99% Shardplate strength.

In that case, I'll just direct you to where I scored your bio in the second post of this thread. The score for that specific section would become 30, down from whatever it is now. (I think plate is 40 regularly).

EDIT: @Ark1002 In that case, -30 seems reasonable. That's less mighty than I was expecting. 

Edited by Archer

13 hours ago, Archer said:

Looks good, I'll add it. 

Your best options are cut, nerf, and counter. Looking at your bio, I've brainstormed some sections that those could be done to. 

Cut: The larkin, the aviar, investiture (leaving you with only training), some training (eg. projectile weapons)

Nerf:

• Amount of training. 17 years puts him in the top range for projectile weapons and melee weapons (and hand to hand?). If you drop it to ten, he's in a lower slot. Those skills are what make him OP. 
  • Skill with investiture/flight.

Counter:

• Combat skills: A physical weakness that holds them back, like a missing limb or sense. A code they follow that restricts them from taking certain actions. Non-combatant status. 
  • Pets: Increased unpredictability, decreased usefulness

He's a very capable character. Additional weakness could be added as well. To be effective, they would need to decrease his power level, so keep that in mind. This can include physical (limiting his body's capabilities eg. missing eye), mental (limiting his mental capabilities eg. PTSD), and spiritual (I just wanted to make these three match the realms, so put all ethical and belief-related limitations here eg. code of honour) weaknesses. 

Ok. So how about Silphio tried to use projectile weapons and realised he was really terrible at them. He somehow tends to hit the thing directly behind him instead of what he's aiming (unless he's aiming directly behind him, he'll usually hit himself then).

Nerfwise how about he's unfamiliar with his allomatic bronze, he can only recognise the rhythms of roshar and use of true flight, which only he has.

And for the counter Kara-Kara is especially sulky, if Silphio forgets to feed her or ignores her she'll take some of Silph's investiture, depending on how sulky she is, she can almost halve Silph's armour strength, flight speed and manoeuvrability. 

Sound good? @Archer

9 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Ok. So how about Silphio tried to use projectile weapons and realised he was really terrible at them. He somehow tends to hit the thing directly behind him instead of what he's aiming (unless he's aiming directly behind him, he'll usually hit himself then).

Nerfwise how about he's unfamiliar with his allomatic bronze, he can only recognise the rhythms of roshar and use of true flight, which only he has.

And for the counter Kara-Kara is especially sulky, if Silphio forgets to feed her or ignores her she'll take some of Silph's investiture, depending on how sulky she is, she can almost halve Silph's armour strength, flight speed and manoeuvrability. 

Sound good? @Archer

I'd just kill the aviar if I were you.

15 hours ago, Nohadon said:

Sound good? @Archer

Spoiler

Name: Silphio Shamus

Species: Half Siah Aimian and Half Herdazian. [+10]

Investiture, three hemalurgic spikes [-10], one giving him a spren bond to a luckspren, giving him freeform flight. [+30] the second giving him allomatic bronze [+15] and the third giving him a bond to an unknown spren. It's the same type of spren that a whitespine bonds to, as a result, his Aimian body magic can summon bone plating as armour or weaponry. [+20] He has had 17 years of training with all of these. 

Skills: Silphio was Devaan's first pupil in the training ground and trained under him for 16 years before working as a roughs bounty hunter. He's good at tracking people and staying hidden in urban and rural environments, He learnt to fight from Devaan, and is proficient in most weapons, but has mastered the Staff and a variation of Devaan's Iron-way. In hand to hand combat he can clad his fist in the bone plating to increase his punches damage and shield himself from attacks. [75 + 50 - 10]

He also has three pets. They all Help Silphio in fights.

An Aviar that grants cognitive shielding and emotional stability, helping him be more resistant to soothing and rioting. He calls it Sula, she's a black falcon-like bird. [+10]

His Larkin, Kara-Kara. A mischievous creature that enjoys staring at Silphio while slowly pushing things off of his desk. [+5]

His pet whitespine, Fluffy. Who is not actually fluffy, SIlphio has raised the whitespine from a baby and now they fight together, along with his Larkin and Aviar.

Weaknesses: Silphio has a phobia of running out of oxygen. [-20] He first discovered this when he moved to Nalthis when he was a teenager, the lower oxygen there seriously scared him, so he can't fly to high up in the air or he'll seize up and fall to the ground. His pets are also unruly, sometimes they like to sulk and might not help Silphio. [-5] Making them unpredictable. He also doesn't take things as seriously as he should. [-10]

Do note that his phobia has lessened from living in the Seran range for 16 years.

That's a significant improvement. I'd still judge him as being just a tad (10 points) OP. The exact amount of points the aviar is. But if you make those updates and throw one more weakness in/cut something it should come out as a non-OP character. 

43 minutes ago, Archer said:
  Hide contents

Name: Silphio Shamus

Species: Half Siah Aimian and Half Herdazian. [+10]

Investiture, three hemalurgic spikes [-10], one giving him a spren bond to a luckspren, giving him freeform flight. [+30] the second giving him allomatic bronze [+15] and the third giving him a bond to an unknown spren. It's the same type of spren that a whitespine bonds to, as a result, his Aimian body magic can summon bone plating as armour or weaponry. [+20] He has had 17 years of training with all of these. 

Skills: Silphio was Devaan's first pupil in the training ground and trained under him for 16 years before working as a roughs bounty hunter. He's good at tracking people and staying hidden in urban and rural environments, He learnt to fight from Devaan, and is proficient in most weapons, but has mastered the Staff and a variation of Devaan's Iron-way. In hand to hand combat he can clad his fist in the bone plating to increase his punches damage and shield himself from attacks. [75 + 50 - 10]

He also has three pets. They all Help Silphio in fights.

An Aviar that grants cognitive shielding and emotional stability, helping him be more resistant to soothing and rioting. He calls it Sula, she's a black falcon-like bird. [+10]

His Larkin, Kara-Kara. A mischievous creature that enjoys staring at Silphio while slowly pushing things off of his desk. [+5]

His pet whitespine, Fluffy. Who is not actually fluffy, SIlphio has raised the whitespine from a baby and now they fight together, along with his Larkin and Aviar.

Weaknesses: Silphio has a phobia of running out of oxygen. [-20] He first discovered this when he moved to Nalthis when he was a teenager, the lower oxygen there seriously scared him, so he can't fly to high up in the air or he'll seize up and fall to the ground. His pets are also unruly, sometimes they like to sulk and might not help Silphio. [-5] Making them unpredictable. He also doesn't take things as seriously as he should. [-10]

Do note that his phobia has lessened from living in the Seran range for 16 years.

That's a significant improvement. I'd still judge him as being just a tad (10 points) OP. The exact amount of points the aviar is. But if you make those updates and throw one more weakness in/cut something it should come out as a non-OP character. 

kill the aviar, kill the aviar, kill the aviar!